Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/6

Today I had a great workout and energy. I didn't want to stop. Haven't felt this way about cardio OR ab work in a long time.

I chose one of my Cardio Coach mixes and then did the ab work from Oxygen from a few months back. Love this routine. It consists of:

Abs Triset:
15 Hanging Knee Raises
15 Bench V-Ups
15 Bench Reverse Crunches
1 minute rest

Repeat again with 12 reps each; 1 minute rest.
Repeat again with 10 reps each.

Then I did crunches on my stability. I did 3 sets/25 reps.

Cardio stats:
50 minutes
5 minutes below zone
23 minutes in zone
24 minutes above zone
423 calories burned!!!
3 miles travelled

I have NEVER burned over 350 calories with a 50 minute workout let alone 400 calories. This is too cool!!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Had more energy last night then I thought. I started with two ab workouts: C&W and then MM. Then later went on elliptical.

Burned 526 cals
60 mins
6.9 mi.

Today I believe I am doing back/biceps, but I need to check my rotation as I left it downstairs. I'll post stats tomorrow as hubby is home sick again. We got some ice this morning. I hope my son and daughter are not planning on going anywhere.

Debbie,

Great workout!!! You must be kickin' up some dust flyin' so fast. Like the variety of ab work you did too. Cool. Sent you a pm.

Happy New Year:D:D:D

This morning, I did treadmill.

Stats:
3.86 miles travelled
491 cals burned
55:00 travelled minutes

I will check back, I took off yesterday:rolleyes:

I did not have Debbie's experience with my cardio this morning, I could not wait for it to be over!:p I did IMAX 3 and Cathe kicked my butt!:confused: Can someone please tell me why cardio that you do normally without too much trouble can all of a sudden send your heart rate through the roof and leave you gasping for air? WT...? Yesterday was the same thing. I don't think I am sick, I don't feel sick, other than a headache that has lasted three days now. :(

Okay rant over, workout was 1:10 because I added Stretch Segment 2 from Amy's Abs and Stretch and I burned 565 calories.:)

Oh, wait I do have another rant, I weighed myself this morning and according to the scale my weight is at an all time high? How in the world can that be? I have eliminated all sugar for the past six days!:eek: And if my weight were truly that high there is no way I would fit in any of my clothes! And if anything my pants have started to feel a little loser the past couple of days?Again WT.....? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I did not have Debbie's experience with my cardio this morning, I could not wait for it to be over!:p I did IMAX 3 and Cathe kicked my butt!:confused: Can someone please tell me why cardio that you do normally without too much trouble can all of a sudden send your heart rate through the roof and leave you gasping for air? WT...? Yesterday was the same thing. I don't think I am sick, I don't feel sick, other than a headache that has lasted three days now. :(

Okay rant over, workout was 1:10 because I added Stretch Segment 2 from Amy's Abs and Stretch and I burned 565 calories.:)

Are you getting burned out? This happens to me for two reasons: #1: I don't WANT to do the workout because I'm hating cardio at the moment, or #2: I'm burned out and just can't take anymore.

I'm sorry about your weight, but don't listen to the scale. When your clothes are still fitting then it's not a problem. How do you look in the mirror? That is a good indication of body fat too. Maybe your still bloated from the holiday feasts. I know I am.

Debbie - Thanks for listening to my rant. I don't feel burned out, but maybe it's because I am not getting enough sleep. I am only managing about six hours. And it is possible that the detox from all the junk I ate it effecting me. I think that is what may be causing the headaches.
As far as the weight goes I usually don't listen to the scale but after cleaning up my diet a bit I thought I'd check my progress and was not prepared to see the scale went up not down. I am trying hard not to put too much worth in it.

Hello all - yesterday was biceps and back for me. Debbie - I am loving this rotation. Thanks again so much for doing it! I am dragging today though - first day back to school...not used to the early mornings plus I haven't slept well for the past few nights. I'll do some form of cardio today but won't overdo it unless I get a sudden burst of energy :)

Patti - I forgot to comment on your success - amazing, girl! And do you like the Pace Weights? I'm considering those. I guess the only thing that makes sense is the 18 lb set - did you get the case or no?

Diane Sue - honestly, woman - you have more hours in your day than I have in mine! I need to take lessons from you.

Suz - I just added to my Spinervals collection. Have you heard anything about their new ones? For some odd reason, I sort of want the Hardcore 100 but seriously, would I ever do that?? I think not, in the end. How is the puppy doing?

Linda - my weight can do that. As long as my clothes fit right, I try to ignore the numbers. Sometimes, I will step on the scale, thinking - I know it will be down b/c my clothes are loose and I just feel thinner only to find it is either not budged from last time or is up! What gives - who knows. I have huff and puff days too when I think "if only I could breathe!" :confused: My conclusion is that there are things about our bodies that we just will never understand and that we only notice them b/c we are trying to take care of them and are hyper vigilant (at least I am) to any changes with weight, performance, shape, etc.

Dallys - what's up? I see you are still enjoying the KB workouts. I am trying very hard to ignore those for now so I can actually follow the rotation :)

Toasty - I hope your DH feels better. Nothing worse than feeling like crap and having it be icy cold outside!

Teddygirl - Happy New Year to you too!

Debbie - Thanks for listening to my rant. I don't feel burned out, but maybe it's because I am not getting enough sleep. I am only managing about six hours. And it is possible that the detox from all the junk I ate it effecting me. I think that is what may be causing the headaches.
As far as the weight goes I usually don't listen to the scale but after cleaning up my diet a bit I thought I'd check my progress and was not prepared to see the scale went up not down. I am trying hard not to put too much worth in it.

Linda,

After I do cardio, I seem to naturally gain weight. I believe it is all water though. And when you don't get enough sleep, did you know that can make you bloated too? So I wouldn't worry and just let things settle down. Some days I feel like I have zero energy and end up having more energy then on the days I feel I have more energy..make sense?? lol.

Hello all - yesterday was biceps and back for me. Debbie - I am loving this rotation. Thanks again so much for doing it! I am dragging today though - first day back to school...not used to the early mornings plus I haven't slept well for the past few nights. I'll do some form of cardio today but won't overdo it unless I get a sudden burst of energy :)

Patti - I forgot to comment on your success - amazing, girl! And do you like the Pace Weights? I'm considering those. I guess the only thing that makes sense is the 18 lb set - did you get the case or no?

Diane Sue - honestly, woman - you have more hours in your day than I have in mine! I need to take lessons from you.

Suz - I just added to my Spinervals collection. Have you heard anything about their new ones? For some odd reason, I sort of want the Hardcore 100 but seriously, would I ever do that?? I think not, in the end. How is the puppy doing?

Linda - my weight can do that. As long as my clothes fit right, I try to ignore the numbers. Sometimes, I will step on the scale, thinking - I know it will be down b/c my clothes are loose and I just feel thinner only to find it is either not budged from last time or is up! What gives - who knows. I have huff and puff days too when I think "if only I could breathe!" :confused: My conclusion is that there are things about our bodies that we just will never understand and that we only notice them b/c we are trying to take care of them and are hyper vigilant (at least I am) to any changes with weight, performance, shape, etc.

Dallys - what's up? I see you are still enjoying the KB workouts. I am trying very hard to ignore those for now so I can actually follow the rotation :)

Toasty - I hope your DH feels better. Nothing worse than feeling like crap and having it be icy cold outside!
Teddygirl - Happy New Year to you too!

PHP:
Thanks! I just wished he would stop coughing. Kinda scary to be coughing to much to the point where you might hurt yourself.

My mom actually broke a rib once from coughing. That is a miserable feeling - to cough so much and not be able to really stop.

Morning Maniacs! This morning was SNOW Shoveling (and thankfully a day off on my rotation)! You would not believe how much we've gotten. Dh actually got out the Bull Dozer and cleaned out my driveway and part of the road for my customers. He is so sweet. I bet I get some cancellations today. My eye lids are all swollen and I don't know why. The only thing different I'm using is the extra strength Pro Active. Obviously I don't put that on my eyes, so I don't know what I'm reacting too.:(

400 calories. This is too cool!!!

Great job!

How in the world did you do a huge quote like that? Way cool! Sorry dh is still sick.:(
Happy New Year:D:D:D

You are always so happy! I love that!

Oh, wait I do have another rant, I weighed myself this morning and according to the scale my weight is at an all time high? How in the world can that be? I have eliminated all sugar for the past six days!:eek: And if my weight were truly that high there is no way I would fit in any of my clothes! And if anything my pants have started to feel a little loser the past couple of days?Again WT.....? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This happens to me and I get soooo frustruated. I've decided to only weigh once a month for this CLX rotation. One bad day on the scale can put me in a downward spiral.:(

I love this kettlebell stuff! I ordered the new clinic DVD by Lisa Shaffer. But, now I'm doing the CLX rotation, so my kettlebelling will be on hold. I might try to add some short kb workouts after my regular ones though. We'll see.
[/quote]

Suz- I forgot to tell you that I had a skin thingy removed from my nose. I have this perfect little circle indent now.:( :mad: How are the doggies getting along?

Hi Diane Sue, Patty, Anne, Meg, Ally, Sonya, and anyone else I missed this morning. I should write a list of all of us.

Thanks for the pep talk! I need it right now! Yeah, sometimes I wish I didn't care so much, but that is just not me. :D

Linda,

After I do cardio, I seem to naturally gain weight. I believe it is all water though. And when you don't get enough sleep, did you know that can make you bloated too? So I wouldn't worry and just let things settle down. Some days I feel like I have zero energy and end up having more energy then on the days I feel I have more energy..make sense?? lol.

Hopefully, that is part of my problem lack of sleep AND I weighed myself after I did IMAX 3!:eek: Thanks, Char.

This happens to me and I get soooo frustruated. I've decided to only weigh once a month for this CLX rotation. One bad day on the scale can put me in a downward spiral.:(

Dallys - I am desperately trying to avoid the downward spiral, right now!!!!:confused: I can't believe I have had Providence & Newport for over a week and not ripped them open yet. Just don't know where to fit them in, it's driving me crazy! Hope your eyes are okay, puffy eyes are no fun.

Linda - you are welcome! We are entitled to our down days and days when we are less than pleased with ourselves. I really can't turn to anybody around here for that b/c they look at me and say I am crazy. That really, really irritates me! Just b/c I work really hard does not mean that I don't have off days where I practically hate everything about myself yet apparently, being fit does not entitle me to those feelings...:rolleyes: I hear - what do you have to worry about? Makes me want to slap somebody silly!

Dallys - I forgot you had started the CLX. How do you like it? I've read mostly good things about it but man, I do not need anything else!! I like the idea of something different though.

Shana- I hear ya on having to many workouts! I've only done one CLX workout so far. I still have to figure out how heavy to go. I've been lifting light for so long (got rid of some injuries this way) I have know idea what weights to pick up. I know I could have gone heavier because I felt I needed more work. I am slightly sore in places though. The good thing is that these workouts are shorter, so I can add more work if I feel like it. The whole system is motivating and I'm hoping to get some success out of it. Workouts are not my problem though, it's the diet that gets me everytime. I don't do well on diets.:p I'm trying to think of eating for fuel, but also eating foods I like and not force feeding myself icky food just for diets sake.:cool: I just want to be "normal", is there such a place?

Linda- MY AOS DVD's got lost in the mail and they are sending new ones. I wish I would have gotten Empire State instead of Newport. I hear that one is really fast and I'm not sure I like that. We'll see. Maybe since we are all doing other rotations right now, we could all start a Kb rotation in the spring. At least that's my plan. Cycling and kb's. :)

Last edited:
OMG.....no wonder you all love Cardio Coach so much! It is awesome. I did CC #3 last night. Loved it! 40 minutes seemed like only 20! I am not a big fan of running so this is amazing!

Debbie...nice going!....and yes, I will be getting the other CC!

Linda...dontcha hate days like that? But I'm sure its a combination of things you are going through right now....lack of sleep and a 3 day headache would do it for me!

Toasty....hope your DH feels better soon. Bronchitis is not something to take lightly as it could turn in to pneumonia! Take care!

Dally's....snow shoveling is a workout in itself!...so much for your "rest" day!

Suz...you have been getting some great leg workouts in! You are lifting heavy...nice!

Diane Sue....are you ready for the National Championship game Thursday?

Hi to everyone else.....

Today is my rest day. I have worked out 8 days straight :eek:. I know I need to let my muscle repair and recover but I won't be able to workout today or tomorrow.

Hello Fit Chicks!

Well, after yesterday's great workout for some reason I just didn't have an ounce of energy today. :mad: I know I didn't eat as much as I should have but I did have a good dinner. I need to go to bed a little earlier, but I got about 7 hours of sleep. Maybe it's just getting back to work.

Today was Chest & Back and I only did 22 minutes of steady state on the ellip which I feel is a total waste of time. I feel like I should do more cardio tonight. But you know how that goes...

Lat Pulldowns
85# 4x8r

Bench Press
85# 3x8r

Seated Cable Rows
65# 3x8r

Pushups - Uneven
20x4sets

Chest Flyes
17.5# 3x8r

Kneeling Cable Rows
75# 3x8r

Standing Reverse Flyes
15# x 8r
12.5 2x8r
15# was hurting my shoulder and so my form sucked so I dropped the weight. Much better!

Debbie - I want your energy! Nice job on the cardio lately.

Linda - I agree with everyone else AND I would NEVER weigh myself after a workout! I only weigh myself in the morning before I eat and when I'm naked. DH weighs himself all different times of the day. Not me! With how you've been working out lately I wouldn't be surprised if you have some MAJOR MUSCLE WEIGHT!!!

Shana - I haven't seen the new Spinervals. Now I'm gonna have to go check them out. One of my cycling partners just started training yesterday. DANG THE PRESSURE!!! I don't start til Feb. 1st and I'm trying to have all of this balance in my life this year but this is what gets me all pshyco. She posted it on Facebook yesterday. I HATE THIS! Balance, balance, balance. I'm not going to go crazy this year. I'M NOT! Great job on following Debbie's rotation. Chewie's doing great. I wish Gizmo would start to play again. It makes me sooo sad. :(

Charlotte - I hope your DH feels better. I hate having a cough like that. It's the worst!

Dallys - I'm glad we haven't been getting your storms! That's just crazy how much snow you've been getting! Good thing you're in good shape. :) Sorry about your swollen eyes. Did you have a sad dream and cry your eyes out? :p

I guess I should get back to work. It's been busy! At least people are still signing up for "fun" classes even though the economy is in the tank.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.