Hardcore fitness mainiacs Wednesday the 18th

acatalina

Cathlete
Hello chickies..
Sorry didn't get back on yesterday. Too buisy at work.
Did 30 min on the bike last night. I was tired and hungry..

Did disk 7 this morning. Getting stronger..
Not as sore as last week so moving back up..
I like it. Nice changes..Seems like a lot of muscle confusion w different exercises..
Gotta go to work . Try to check in later..
Take care all..

Today starts week 2 of my rotation. Worked Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Had an excellent workout and increased my weight with every exercise.

10 minutes light jog on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
82# - 10 (up 2#)
85# - 10 (up 3#)
87# - 10 (up 2#)

Incline Dumbbell Press:
32's - 10 (up 2#)
35's - 10 (up 3#)
37's - 10 (up 2#)
***These always feel so good. Get a good contraction in my upper chest.

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
17's - 10 (up 2#)
20's - 9/8 (up 3#)
***Kept the last set at 20 because I didn't make 10 reps with the 2nd set. What a difference this made doing the warmup set. Last time I forgot the warmup set and did the three sets easily.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 10
9's - 10 (up 1#)
10's - 10 (up 2#)
***Shoulder feels pretty good right now. Still don't want to go heavy with this exercise.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
62# - 10 (up 2#)
65# - 10 (up 3#)
67# - 10 (up 2#)
***Love this exercise. Should go heavier.

Lying Barbell Tricep Extension:
50# - 10 (up 5#)
52# - 10 (up 5#)
55# - 8 (up 5#)
***Last set was a struggle. Felt awesome!

That is all....

Morning,:D

This morning, I did slow steady jog.

Stats
53.18 minutes
425 cals burned
3.75 miles traveled

Nice workouts everyone!;)

Last edited:
Deb you never cease to amaze me.. WOW..

Teddy girl good joob on the run.. and early in the morning to boot..

Morning Maniacs! Today will be a Cardio coach and CLX push circuit #2. Might do it later as I have a short work day and want a second cup of coffee.:p

Ally-
Cute avatar! That's one big doggie!

Teddy, Debbie, Anne- You guys did rockin' workouts already!

((((((((((((((Anne))))))))))) hello;);):):)

I didn't know that was you, I missed you being on this forum. I remember you talking about your new shop, its' coming along nice. So, wonderful to hear from you:)

Hi maniacs! I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 today- WAY fun! I also did her abs workout on the step and burned 763 calories. I really like her step workouts. I have to watch my upper body work- my elbow is bothering me a bit. I think next week might be a rest / finish up 1RMs week for me.

Dallys: I thought you weren't doing CLX anymore. Did you change your mind?

Debbie: Amazed as always, by how much you lift!

Anne: Hi there- glad you are moving on with STS and feeling stronger. I can't wait to start but DH and I HAVE to get our act together first. I gotta finish those darn 1RMs.

Teddy: Good run! I am looking forward to spring when I can mix a jog in here and there.

I am returning my Fit versa gripps and getting the pro ones- the Fit ones are too small I think. I want a little more wrist support and slightly longer pads to go around the weight bars. Not much else here going on here today- it's gloomy and rainy so I have to figure out something for the kids to do. Later amigas!

Morning all - Dally's for the note. that photo was taken when me and the dog were young. He is my muffin man. He is 15 years old now. Quite the teddy bear.

today was supposed to be rest day for me, but I decided to kick my a__ in gear and do cardio. I did 50 minutes walking on incline with 14# vest. Treadmill says I burned 465 calories.

Dallys: I thought you weren't doing CLX anymore. Did you change your mind?
I am returning my Fit versa gripps and getting the pro ones- the Fit ones are too small I think. I want a little more wrist support and slightly longer pads to go around the weight bars. Not much else here going on here today- it's gloomy and rainy so I have to figure out something for the kids to do. Later amigas!

Patty- I just mentally released my mind of thinking I have to follow the rotation as written. I felt trapped in the rotation and needed to free myself. I can do any workout I want now without the guilt of failure. Yes, I'm crazy.:p

I found these grips (muscle daddy power straps). Tell me what you guys think. http://www.fwonline.com/md.htm They are much cheaper than versa gripps and look just as good.

md10103-l.jpg

or these

md10101-l.jpg

Morning!

Great workouts everyone! Kudos Anne on getting stronger!

Ally...Love the avatar. Your dog is beautiful!

Today is a much needed rest day. My shoulders and biceps are fried! Nice feeling....haven't had doms in my biceps in a long time! I am loving working out at the gym mixing things up!

So yesterday I'm at the gym doing rear cable laterals. There was this boy (ablout 16-17 years old) and he's watching me. I finish my set and he says, "Wow! You're my hero!" LOL! It was cute!

I am on vacation until Monday! :D:D:D

This morning I did STS disc 8 Back and triceps before my grandbaby arrived. Then my granddaughters came and they entertained her while I did Cardio Fusion Step only premix
icon_smile.gif
When I came home from the schools I did Kettlebell Way 2 joint mobility segment, then I did 10 Minute Solution Kettlebell Ultimate fat burner Maximum fat burner segment, I finished offf with STS Extended Stretch and Cathe's Stretch with the ball# 2. I aqm really trying to keep up all of my flexibility stuff to prevent anymore injuries. I am starting to feel that right shoulder again some so thought I would fit a little kettlebell work back in with the joint mobility. Total calories burned for STS B&B was 258 (not as high as usual) finally stuck a terry headband behind my hr monitor strap to make it tighter which seemed to help. Cardio fusion burned 356 calories, Kettlebell 10 minute solution segment burned 97 calories. Total calories burned today was 853 50% fat. I am going to cut those starchy carbs for awhile. I have been eating way to many. May still use the Ezekial bread. This morning I had Muscle Chow Easy Western Omelet for breakfast.

Patti, I have been using Lawrence Biscontini foam roller workout and there may be some moves that would help. He gets on his knees and rolls the arms from elbows up to the wrists turning different ways to hit the carpals. He also does this with the roller at a diagonal so one orm is extended further than the other and comes up and turns his head to look over the shoulder to work neck mobility.

Teddy , nice calorie burn.

Dallys, CLX today?;) I bet you have favorites in that set. I don't balme you for wanting the second cup of coffee:)

Anne, I think I am getting stronger with STS too. Still feel my glutes and hamstrings from Saturday's workout though. The rest is not as sore.

Debbie, awesome workout as usual:)

Ally, nice avatar. I couldn't see it at first so refreshed my browser and lost my whole post I had typed LOL Lucky for everyone they get the condesed version now:)

Foods for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 w/no banana
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; Clementine
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia; salad w/lite Italian dressing; Zone bar
M7: 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white veggie omlette w/1 tbsp. parm cheese

1863.5 calories
62 g. fat - 30%
167 g. protein - 36%
166 g. carbs - 36%

Wow on the protein and carbs. Not sure how that happened?

Patti - Bummer on returning the VersaGripp gloves. I hate returning things.

Dallys - I will keep those in mind, those are a lot cheaper then VG's. Cool!

Sonya - Enjoy your rest day. That was a cool compliment by that teen!

Diane Sue - Nice workout! I'll probably tackle the STS series in May or June after I'm done with this rotation. Looks like fun! Is the 1R test a neccessity?

Here is this morning's workout:

This was Total Body Challenge 2, again everything had 8 reps except the Single Leg Rock up Squat which had 12, usually with varying rep speeds.

[FONT=&quot]Warm up from Back and shoulders

Wobble Hack Squats
3 - 25's

One Arm Lat Pullover on Ball
3 - 12# ***This one worried me with my shoulder****

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Cradle Side lunge
3 - 70# ***Found cradling enough weight to challenge my legs painful on my forearms.****

Seated row/ barbell & Band
3 - purple & green band

Single leg squat on ball
2 - 25#

Standing reverse flies w/ external rotation
3 - 10's

Chest around the worlds
1 - 12's
1 - 10's

Standing Contraction Concentration curl w/barbell
3 - 50# ***Had to rest a bit longer than Amy to stay at 50#***

Decline Tricep dips
3 - 35#

Core *** skipped this***

Stretch from chest section

Sonya - Are you the one who had the pace weights? What do you think of them?
[/FONT]

Linda... Yes, I have the pace weights. Love them! With some exercises (like flyes!) it's hard to move up 5# so the pace weights are great to move up 2#. Hope your son is feeling better.
Debbie...How is your father? I know when my mom had her surgery in September it was really hard to see her like that in ICU! I was amazed how they had her up walking the very next day!

Meals for today (medium carb day)
M1: 6 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/2 cup oats, blueberries
M2: Protein shake, apple
M3: 6 oz turkey, 5 oz. yams
M4: 4 oz tuna, rice cake, orange, grapes
M5: 5 oz. salmon, 1 cup aspargus
M6: Protein shake, small salad w/cucumbers and radishes, 1 oz almonds
Calories:1625, Carbs:152, Fat:42, Protein:176

Sonya - I talked to my step mom and she said he is being released today. He is doing well. I'll call him later tonight when he gets home.

Debbie: Oh my! I had to go back to read your post about your dad. I’m glad your father is doing better:):):)

Dallys: Happy Belated BD ;)

See what happens when you are MIA :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.