Group Formerly Known As Hate - August Weekend

August

Cathlete
Good morning!
wavesmile.gif

Well that explains things. Aunt Flo came early.
2mo5pow.gif

But enough about that --- MY WHEY CAME! And it couldn't have been better timing since today was KB Way. I was so happy it came just before my workout started.
47b20s0.gif

I think I'm getting better at KB Way, because I seem to be feeling it more when I'm actually doing the exercises, instead of only two days after. Now if I could just do all the overhead pressing with the 8kg instead of having to switch to my 5kg dumbbell. I wonder what a 5kg dumbbell is equivalent to in kettlebell?

Michele and Dana, are you guys doing the bonus snatches at the end? I can't do those because I can't manage it with a bell, and it's not so easy throwing a dumbbell between your legs LOL. And I tried.

So far it's a very dry post. We can't have that on a Saturday. Hmm.

Here.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg&NR=1

That's a little better.
7.gif

BECKY -

>OMG ! I didnt think 22 pushups was anything to be excited about !!!!

indifferent0003.gif

>Can I ask for help with the emoticons ?? I can get one on here and then go to add another and my post disappears. I mean, I totally lose it ! POOF! It's gone !!

You're kidding - it just vanishes? Eek, that's no good. To tell you the truth, I'm not savvy enough to know how to use the emoticons here. I always just use emoticons from other sites. As you can see, I'm only able to use the standard emoticon in the title. I have no idea how to get them into the post itself.

I've preordered STS but haven't been reading anything about it.

>weighted vest, weighted gloves, etc

Do I need to be looking into these things? Because you need to be looking into kettlebells LOL. They're great!

>Suggestions on KB weights to start and workouts ???

The suggested starter for a female is an 8kg KB. The workout Dana, Michele and I have been using and talking about is called The Kettlebell Way! It zooms by!

Here's a sample of it :

http://www.beacon-fitness.com/Media.html

JENNIFER - You can bet lots of people chose the 8-8-8 to get married. Actually, it's a good date to start a diet LOL.

I'm not much of a sports or Olympics kind of gal, so I won't be watching. You?

MICHELE - You never came back! I hope the pushups didn't do you in! LOL.

You did 22?! OMG! You just started the chamn dallenge! How could that be?! You're almost making me want to do it. ALMOST.

Okay, I think I'll take my nap now, now that my smoothie is settling in.

Have a nice weekend!
thair_kiss.gif

Just had to come by to tell you that we're all using new litter boxes, and the old ones plus a bunch of toys and snacks will be donated to a pet shelter sometime after I can find big enough boxes!

I got Yoyo and Lulu's new box today and went to set it up, telling Mom that we would hold on to the old one until we know for sure they'd use the new one. The new one is a different color and the entrance is on the long side (rather than the short side) and the hood (Mom insisted to have a hood) is taller. I was wondering and lightly worrying how long it might take them to adjust.

As I cleaned up the old one, I let them sniff out the new one.

Then THE MOMENT I put the new one down and filled it with litter, I literally mean THE MOMENT, Yoyo and then Lulu went in and did their thing. So the transition time was approximately two seconds LMAO.

Lulu and Yoyo are just so smart. Madrid has been acting like a dog lately, I throw his mouse and then he returns it to me so I can do it again.
Bummer that Aunt Flo showed up, she is the evil Aunt.
Last night, I watched the opening ceromonies, it was one of the most memorable ones ever. Bypasses the Super Bowl easily.

Good morning!!!

I'm sorry I didn't come back yesterday. It's because... well... I've been doing a little posting on the CC forum and sometimes I just can't keep up with all of it.
4fvgdaq_th.gif

Oh!... I didn't do 22 consecutive push ups -- I did them in 5 sets with a 2 minute rest between each set. I started with a set of 5, then 2 sets of 4, then 3, and then I finished with a big set of 6, for a TOTAL of 22.
129fs370785.gif

Actually, the kettlebell workouts have already strengthened my core which makes the push ups seem easier! Really Augie, you should join the challenge -- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how functionally STRONG you're becoming from the kettlebells!

I haven't tried the bonus snatches yet but I plan to give them a whirl next week. I'm still using a 10# kettlebell. I'm not in a hurry to increase my weight because I still can't quite keep pace with the workout using the 10#er
2.gif
, but I'm going to try the 15#er for a few of the exercises next week.

So, do you guys MIND changing our name? I still have no clue what to change it too, but Hater's seems fraudulent anymore -- LMAO!!

AUGIE DOGGIE -- YAY FOR WHEY!!!!!!!!
Just_Cuz_13.gif
dancing1.gif
19.gif
imslow.gif

So are you feeling energized!? Does it ease the tension brought on by AF? LMAO!!

OMG!! How did you find that You Tube video!!
25r30wi.gif

Nobody but you could make a litterbox incident an interesting and enjoyable read, and make me want to know more -- LMAO!!!

Have you purchased anymore KB videos? If so, which ones? I need to know. :D

BECKY --
I loved the haters......but it doesnt fit so much anymore . But the "lovers", might be mis-interpreted !??
ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh geez, I have no idea what's going on with your smilies. Are you talking about Cathe's smilies or the ones you get from other sites? I get most of mine from other sites and I open them in separate tabs rather than separate windows. I think your browser may have something to do with how you import smilies, too. I have no idea why your post would disappear.
297.gif

I'm doing the push ups 3 days a week on my cardio days, first thing in the morning. Right now they're on a M-W-F schedule but I'll probably mix it up a little as the challenge progresses.

I agree with everything Augie said about KB's! I bought a 10# KB at target to get started, and then I ordered a 15# KB from Beacon Fitness. The KB's from BF are nicer than the ones from Target. ;)

JENNIFER -- I totally forgot about the Olympics. I'm not into the summer games too much. The only Olympic sport that really interests me is figure skating, and even that doesn't hold much appeal since Michelle Kwan quit skating.

Alrighty, I need to go. Believe it or not, it took me nearly an hour to type up this little bit. I'm so FREAKING SLOW!!! Have a nice day everyone, and I'll see you tomorrow...or Monday. Kiss Kiss!!!!

Last edited:
Oh God, oh man, oh God, oh man - August WTH did you find that????? You nut! So the litterbox transition was successful?!?!?! Yeah!!!!

Yes, yes, yes I have been doing the bonus snatches (don't like that word) at the end of the KB workout. That workout could be dangerous if you aren't in the room alone. LOL My KB is 15lbs and I think that will be fine for me for quite some time. I'm going do to the workout tomorrow.

I am SO tired!!!!! I got home at 1:00a.m. and was sleeping probably by 1:30 and then Gannon woke me up at 5:45 b/c he had to go poop!!! I sat on the bathroom floor for about 20 minutes. Tried to go back to sleep until he woke me back up again. I finally came downstairs around 7:00a.m. and tried to sleep on the recliner while he watched cartoons but couldn't. I"m hoping that he takes a nap soon so I can lay down. The concert was GREAT. Sebastian was on first and he was only one for 30 minute. I was bummed b/c I would have loved to see him perform longer. Dokken was OK but I don't know any of their songs. Poison puts on a really, really good show. I had fun.

So, we like to talk about poop and all . . . we've had one heck of a time w/trying to potty train Gannon. He has been peeing in the big potty for a few months now but pooping, now that was another story. Well last week, it finally clicked for him and now we are in poop-mode 24/7. It is ridiculous. He is on the toilet at least every 15 minutes, for 15 minutes. It is insane!!!! He woke me up at 3:00a.m. the other morning to go. Oh and you wanna know what I caught him doing the other night???? He was feeding Ralphie mashed potatoes off of his spoon. I was washing the dishes, turned around and that is what I saw. The 2 of them are trouble with a capital T.

Nope, I haven't watched any of the olympics. I rarely watch any television so I forgot that they were even starting.

Becky - 22 pushups is great!!!!

OK, I"m going to go make some lunch and hopefully take a nap. Talk to you all later!!!

Hello Everyone.

We need a new name quick to identify us. Have no idea. I can name animals but groups are a different story.
It's a very lazy day for me.

BBL

Just wanted to come by quickly & say hello. I have been running non-stop since getting up, which was about 7 but we laid in bed until about 8 & I made us b-fast in bed, oatmeal for both & a protein shake for Chad too.

I haven't worked today & don't think I will... I'm starting to worry a little to be honest... I'm not flipping out when I want/have to take days off, this will be 3rd day this week. :eek: But I haven't taken more than 1 day in a row, worked out Mon, Wed, & Fri & will for sure workout tomorrow HARD!!! Oh well, I think after working so much last month my body is still trying to tell me to relax a little. My back is very sore today & my shoulder area is too. I've been doing a Slim Series rotation...well not really but have been using those all but maybe 1 day week for a couple weeks & I think they do take a toll on the body but man do they really slim me down. I can tell my thighs are already getting slimmer.

Well off to finish up things before Chad is back over. Making us dinner tonight. We went wine shopping, grill shopping, and out for sushi last night. Today I've cleaned the ENTIRE house, went grocery shopping, & to Pier 1, Bed, Bad, Beyond, Linen-N-Things, & the local health food store! I am ready to shower again, put comfy clothes on & relax with Chad for the evening.

HELLO to everyone! Miss you & promise to get back in to personals soon!! :eek:

Morning!
animal0014.gif
animal0014.gif
animal0014.gif
animal0014.gif

We've got to think of our new name!

ANIMALS? LMAO.

I AM kidding.

I've just taken a really good, long nap. Aunt Flo is really peeved about something. I'm looking forward to her going away.

Today, so as to be more like Michele's rotation
happy0040.gif
, I switched my scheduled yoga for floor cardio, and put in Christi's Totally Hot Cardio (the floor DVD of Totally Cool Step, which I'll try tomorrow to see if Dana got the wrong DVD to try Christi out on
happy0009.gif
). I did about 20 minutes before I got frustrated (Aunt Flo's fault, no doubt), and then popped in a different Christi and did 20 more minutes of that.

And then the Nap Bug bit.
rolleye0017.gif

JENNIFER - Heheh, I love it when the squirrels play dog and take the toy off and bring it back. So cute.

MICHELE - Who the heck cares if they're 22 pushups in a row?! Jeez! That's a lot in a DAY, let alone within an hour. You really think the KB has helped you already?

I've yet to get my lazy fingers over to the KB workouts, but plan to order both the set you got, and also the Lauren one. I don't know what's taking me, since it's just a matter of clicking a button LOL. I must be feeling particularly lazy.

DANA - Good for you for doing the snatches (LOL)! I can't imagine doing them with the 8kg. You're Power Woman!

That's great that you had a good time at the concerts. And how funny about Gannon and his "clicking" with the poo concept. I'll hope it all comes through soon for him (and you)!

JEN - Well, it's good to see you're taking some days off! And you've been working hard --- harder than usual, too. And you're always cleaning your house, which should count for a lot of cardio anyway!

Okay, my nap put me into the afternoon already, with no work to show for it! So off I go!
tongue0014.gif
(that's his tongue sticking out there)

Have a good one!
thair_kiss.gif

How about Blasters? as in blasting off the weight etc...

Jen-good to hear from you.

It's cold here starting to feel like fall.

:DName change suggestion......

The SWINGERS!
ha *you are swinging those kettlebells all over the place*;)

Thanks for all the help & suggestions with all my questions. I will look into the KB's at Beacon (did you guys get the vinyl ones?) and dvd The Kettlebell way. Anyone have any others yet ?

I'll bb later & be more chatty.

Just woke up. Oops, no yawning smiley here.
Or coffee drinking ones.

Just imagine them .

Becky

We could also combine names.

BLASTED SWINGERS!

Except nobody would ever want to join our group LMAO.

There weren't any vinyl KBs over here, so I just got a plain ol' bell and I was worried that the handle would be rough and icky...but actually, it's totally no problem. I also thought, after doing the exercise once, that the vinyl ones would be so much more comfortable to use, but now that I've done the exercises and am getting more accustomed to them, I'm finding it's not an issue at all.

Which isn't to say I wouldn't rather have a pretty one.
connie_1.gif

Man almighty, I did nothing today but nap.

Jennifer, it is so amazingly humid here still. Like, at night if you walk too fast (and you know I do!) it's a sweatfest, even for we non-sweaters.

It feels like football weather, and what's even more weird, the Detroit Lions beat the NY Jets (last year SuperBowl Champs). I was going to walk the pier at Lake MI but feel it might be too cold and don't to use the gas/time to get there. Very lazy weekend. Thinking it's time for the fall schedule to start working out again, DOMS are in my future.

Blasted swingers.. Now that's a name.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.