Getting it done for Dec 26 - Jan 6, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was nice and relaxing:D

Last night I did D33 and abs. Today I will do D34.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone!

Morning Belinda and Sherry!

Belinda: Your Christmas day sounded very much like mine. :) I didn't cook a huge meal this time around because it was just DH, Son and me. We had lobsters for our meal. :)
My daughter and her BF came later in the evening and we watched movies.
Very nice day with no stress.
Great job on your workouts!

Yesterday I did a 30 min cycle w/o and then an oldie but goodie Firm Upper Body w/o.
BELIEVE ME IT HAS GOT ME GOOD TODAY! I started to feel DOMS setting in last night.

Today I will do slide & glide cardio with a run. Not sure about doing those sliding planks though! HAHA!

My schedule is still a trial and error with workouts. Mixing things up with different programs and cardio w/o's.

Hey do any of you have a rotation using J.Michaels DVD'S?

Sherry: How are you doing? How are your legs and getting back into running? Are you using itreads on your new TM? ;) LOVE THESE! I hope you had a great Christmas too!

Off for more coffee and cleaning up. I will do my w/o after as my reward. ;)
Have a good one!
BBS
Heidi

Good morning!

My head is finally clear today, so I not only did 1 workout, but 2! I started off with Firm Express Cardio, then once the legs were good and warm, I did a short bit of interval running. No knee pain!

I got DH P90X2 for xmas, and now he's down in the basement cursing at Tony.

Plan for the day is to do the usual house cleaning stuff. We were going to run a bunch of errand, but it's snowing/slushy right now, so that might wait for a bit. Perfect day for baking cookies instead.

I love those nice and relaxing holidays. We travel to see the rest of the family for Thanksgiving, so it's just the four of us for Christmas. Been kind of nice just chilling out. By the end of the week, we'll have a house full, when my parents come up and bring my sister's 3 kids, too.

Belinda - You are almost done with STS again! Way to stick with it! How's the house stuff coming along?

Heidi - Yep, will be joining you on the treadmill runs. I'm starting back real slow, so just short intervals at first, gradually building to a mile and slowly more. Firm Upper Body is a good wo - gets me every time, too!

Not following any rotation at the moment, but maybe by the end of the week, I'll have a plan. See you all later, and hope you have a great day!

Morning Belinda and Sherry!

Yesterday I ended up doing just a 30min TM w/o. My upper body is fried from the other day so just moving my arms hurts! Lol!
Today I will do a circuit w/o. Not sure which one just yet.

Sherry: glad to hear your feeling better. Wow nice job on your double duty w/o! :)
Lol on your DH! Did he survive Tony?
How much snow did you get? It has been a very warm winter here so far. No real snow in sight either.

Belinda: how are you doing today? What is your plan of action today? ;) Any news on the house?

I hope you both have a great w/o and day.
Bbs
Heidi

Hi again! :)

Decision made! AFTERBURN! WOW! Wore my HRM and it reads avg of 154 and burned 833 cals! PHEW!
My shirt is soaked so I think I really burned that much for sure! ;)

What are you up to today? Make it a good one!
BBS
Heidi

Hi ladies!

Today's wo was Firm Cardio Sculpt blaster and lots of stretching on the IT band. Want to keep things easy and slow still. Tomorrow I'll run again, the short intervals. Thinking I want to do a rotation with the new LIS and running, but not sure how to mesh the two just yet.

Heidi - Upper body still sore? Amazing how those old workouts still do you in!

Belinda - I'm sure you are busy with the kids.

See you both at the gym tomorrow!

Morning! Quick ck in with ya. TM walking w/o 40min. Sherry this was a good one: it #23.
Have to get mom to her doc this morning. MRI results are in. Hope you have a great w/o! Have an awesome day! Bbs :)

Sherry: oh man am I still sore! Added lower DOMS yesterday with afterburn.
I woke with a cramp in my right calf and worked out with some stretching.
Love those old w/o still! Nice job on your w/o too. Any DOMS today?
Have a great rIn if that is your plan today. :)

Hi Belinda! :) hope your doing ok. What are your plans for today? Darn I hope your not sick! Some bad flew is going around lately.
Keep well!

Have a good one!
Bbs
Heidi

Good morning!

WO done! Short interval run on treadmill - 1.7 miles total. Knee feeling good.:D Following the Run Less, Run Faster program, but since I'm supposed to go slow, starting with the Beginner 5K program, which means hardly running and building mileage VERY slowly. If it keeps the IT band happy, I'm all for it.

Quick post. Tons of things on my list to do today. Not sure I'll get it all done.

Talk to you later!

Morning Sherry and Belinda!

Well yesterday was just work and errands. My calf is really bugging me and I am taking aspirin which works for a while. Going to do stretching and an upper w/o today. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. I wanted to do a new years day race on Sunday. Not looking good at this point.

Sherry: nice w/o on the TM. Your program sounds interesting. Is this from runners world? You are doing great keep up the good work! :)

Hey Belinda! How are you doing?

Off for coffee and calf stretching.
Bbl
Have a good one and Happy New Years Eve! Make it a safe one. ;)

Heidi

Oh it is our anniversary today too! :)

Hi all!

Interval run done! I heard about the running program in Runner's World, then got the book.

Heidi - Happy Anniversary! Hope you and DH get to enjoy it. Why do you think the calf is bugging you?

Belinda - Hope all things with house, kids and holidays are going well.

House full of people with a few more on the way. Gotta go.

Hope you get to enjoy the evening!

Happy New Years everyone!

Sorry, for not checking in the last few days:( I did keep up with my workouts. Never finished legs, will do that one today.

We got the house, they left the house very dirty (they even left ther task in the house)and took out a lot of stuff:confused: I was very angry! I am still mad just thinking about it:mad: I shouldn't sign for the house, but DH talked me into it:rolleyes::confused: I only had a few min to think about it, felt rushed. I was in tears since Friday.

Hope the new year will start out better than the old one!

Hope you all having a wonderful start. I will be back later!

Oh Belinda - sooooo sorry! That's awful that they left such a mess.

No wo today - and way too much food. Company leaves tomorrow, then I'll get back on track.

See you all then.

Hi girls!

Belinda sorry to hear about the previous owners not cleaning up the place before leaving. I too would have held off on the signing but I understand DH just wanting to get it over with.

Good that you got in a workout for I am sure it made you feel a little better too. ;) :

Sherry: no w/o for me on Saturday just hanging at the house with family and friends.
Sunday I did a 2 mile walk with Dh and my DD.
I thought it might help my calf but it is still sore and cramping up at times. Very frustrating! I think I pulled a muscle during afterburn last week weds. It has been hurting ever since.

Great job on your interval w/o! I hope to get back to things soon too.

Stretch and upper today I guess.

Have a great Monday!
Bbs
Heidi

Ok I did a w/o this morning. ;)
Icycle 2 a 20min w/o and was 4.77 miles worth.
Tri-sets upper express w/o 19.09 min

I modified pushups so I didn't put stress on my right calf.

Nice simple w/ o. ;)

Have a good day and w/o!
Bbl
Heidi

Hi all!

Nothing done yesterday. After the gang left, too many things to get done (landry, groceries, take down Christmas decs, etc.) before everyone returned to work and school today. I had plans to get up this morning and get some cardio in, but the early hour was just too brutal today, after being off for 1-1/2 weeks. Plan to get in a run tonight. Waiting for Cathe's Jan rotation before putting a plan together.

Heidi - nice job getting something done today. Hopefully your calf gets better quickly.

Belinda - is everything finally coming together with the house?

Back to the grindstone. Will report back tonight after my wo.

2 mile interval run done! IT band felt absolutely wonderful tonight when I rolled it out. Life is good!

Morning all,

Yesterday I walked through DC with DS/GF, walked for 5 hours. I think that was enough for a workout. Today I will do weights and abs!

Nice job on your workouts, girls! Keep it up!

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Hi all!

Yesterday's wo was a dog walk (which was after driving with DS - 2nd time on the road with him - needed something a bit relaxing).

Today, already done with Insanity Fit Test - wanted to see where I was compared to the start of Christmas holiday.

Still putting together a plan, while trying to work around my travel schedule this month.

Now, gotta head to work. Make it a good one!

Hi Belinda and Sherry!

Ok I went to see the Doc about my calf yesterday. It is really sore, swollen and making it a pain just trying to get around. They did an ultrasound to see if I had a blood clot..ok there. They said to go home and call PT today.
Wait a minute...back up I don't know what is the problem just yet. Wouldnt you think that they would do an xray or MRI to see what is really going on???? What's PT going to do at this point if I don't know what is wrong??? They are not Doctors and can't schedule MRI's and such..... Boy am I confused!
What do you think? What has been your experience with an injury?

Well needless to say my workouts have been cut back again.
Jan 1st I tried a walk. 2miles but my calf hurt pretty bad later in the evening.
Jan 2nd. I did a cycle ride of 20min. Then LIS tri-upper express. Again later my calf hurt like heck. I tried a heating and have been taking asprin.
Well the heating pad I think made things much worse! BAD IDEA!
Last night I took advil and used ice. MUCH BETTER!
I woke this morning with my calf hurting again so took more advil. A short time later it was moveable and I could walk better.

I guess I will call the Doc to see if I can get an MRI on it to show if I actually tore the muscle or something before making any appts with the PT department.

Belinda: How are things going with you?

Sherry: Have you put together a rotation of running and the new LIS series? :)

Well that's about it for now...any ideas for me would be helpful. :) Thank you in advance.

Have a great day and workout!
BBS
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.