Getting Back into the Game-Good Friday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
I thought I'd start first thing so I don't duplicate anyone's effort this morning. No one else is up at this hour, are they?

I got up at 4am and did Burn Circuit 3. I'll run this afternoon. Rain showers are predicted, but I'm hoping they are light, or maybe even let up, when I get home.

Diane, do you have any Easter plans? Does Ella get a basket full of candy? I got Greyor an Elmo DVD. He loves Elmo.

Dana, are you working today? My DH and DD have the day off. And Monday. I'm working, but at least I'm off for the weekend.

Mary, I'm ready for you to come help with the gardening. I'll be happy to do the dirty work, if someone would just tell me where to start. I'm hopeless!

Jodi, home soon?

Robin - Glad I saw your post I almost missed it. Ella had an Easter egg hunt yesterday at school so she has some practice. And she is having an egg hunt on Sunday at Grandma's house (with just inlaws and us). But she is just getting some "candy" like fruit loops and yogurt melts. She doesn't seem to know what real candy is yet so not introducing it. I actually tried to give her a lollipop at the doctor's office Monday after her shots and she took one lick and threw it in the trash! Ella got an Elmo dvd from my mom for Easter and she loves it too. I used to dvr Sesame Street and just fast forward to Elmo b/c that is the only part she likes. She also got a Dora the Explorer dvd but that doesn't hold her interest yet. She still LOVES her Baby Einstein dvds, and at the end of the day she will grab the tv remote and say "mobie" for movie and want to watch Baby Einstein. I got her some bath crayon things that she can draw on the tub or on her body and it washes off for her Easter basket. Hopefully she won't think all crayons can do that...

I slept in again this morning. I don't know why I have fallen off the wagon the past few days, just so tired in the morning. I guess the getting up early finally caught up with me. I'm planning on doing 4DS Low Impact Step later today hopefully. I'm at work even though our office is closed today trying to finish some stuff.

I think someone asked the other day why I was working late even though I am part time and I guess why I am here on a day off. I am part time, but we don't get paid by the hour just a salary and have minimum hour requirements that we need to bill to clients for the whole year. Full time attorneys bill 2000 hrs a year which averages to about 8 a day. I am 1500 hr a year so about 6 hrs a day. So I have a "schedule" of 9-4, but if I have a deadline that needs to be done and I have to stay later to finish it, I sometimes have to stay or work weekends or whatever. But I am not expected to stay late as much as full time people, and they stay until 7 or 9 every day so I am really doing a lot less than before. So some weeks I might be busy and other weeks not have as much work so have less hours. With the economy the way it is, I would rather have a few extra hours under my belt early in the year in case it slows down and there is not enough work to go around later. So I am ahead on my hours a bit now and later I can take a vacation or have a long Christmas without having to worry about my hours later in the year. Anyway, back to work. I don't want to have to be here too long.

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA this week. I've fallen off the wagon, am grouchy, PMSing, etc. So that's my story!

Robin: Great job with your running. Where is the 5K you are thinking about? Yep, I'm off today and Monday. Was off yesterday too.

Diane: 9-4 sound like FT hours to me. LOL. I work 7:30-4:00 and 9:00 sounds like a nice starting time to me.

I made the most gigantic coconut cake for Easter. It is deadly. I told my mom only 1x/person. It took me 2 days to make the darn thing. I got the recipe from a Southern Living cookbook and after all that work, it better be good!!!

Hi Mary and Jodi! Gannon is sleeping and Gabe is watching tv so I think I should take advantage of this and get my floors mopped. Oh what fun!

Have a very Blessed Easter all of you!

Just running through this thread to say Hi and Happy Easter!

I am crazy busy today and not too happy about it :mad:

Deep breath....this too shall pass....this too shall pass...deep breath....;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.