Getting Back in the Game 3/4

dianet

Cathlete
Wow, I have major DOMS today from my workout yesterday. I'm sure the workout wouldn't even be that hard for y'all, but I just haven't lifted weights in a while. I only used 5 lb dumbbells!

I didn't wake up in time this morning again and I might be working later today, so my only hope of working out is doing something after Ella goes to bed tonight. Maybe the Squeeze workout, which I have been really liking lately.

Good morning ladies! It sure is COLD here today!

Diane - good job at getting a workout in. They'll get easier in time - you already know that. What a relief that you found Ella's dolly. :)

Michele - are you feeling better today? I hope you were able to get some rest yesterday.

Robin - ((HUGS)) to you. I will keep your DD and your family in my prayers. Oh yum, a Red Cat slushie. I like a sweeter wine which is why I love it so. Yeah for you for getting in your workout. I hope things calm down for you and some of the stress is relieved.

Mary - Hi! I think it is neat that you and your DD are taking a sewing class together. The most I can do is to sew on a button. LOL

Jodi - how is your elbow? Did you get it taken care of?

Last night I did #7 from STS - it was a great workout but man on man, those pushups just about killed me. And I have do to do them on with bent knees. I bow down to anyone that can finish all of them on their toes.

I'm not sure if I'll get in a workout tonight or not. Wed nights are busy for me and I'm not usually home until after 8:00. I also have a parent/teacher conference this afternoon.

Have a great day all!!! :cool:

Good morning everyone!

WOO HOO!!! I got most of my 1RMs done yesterday BEFORE dinner! It feels so good to get my workouts out of the way at a decent hour. I only have 10 or 12 exercises left to test and then I'll be ready to start STS!! I've been debating about whether or not I should do the 6 month rotation. I was planning to do the 3 month but I'm so out of shape that I wonder if it would be wiser to go with the longer program. I'd be grateful for your thoughts on it.

Diane - Congratulations for getting a workout in! It's a start and that's always the hardest part. I've heard a lot about the Squeeze workout but I don't have that one. Is it like a full body isometric workout? I guess I don't really understand what it is but I've heard lots of good things about it. Is Ella feeling better today?

{{{{{Robin}}}} - I'm sorry about your "situation" and I'll keep you and yours in my prayers for sure. I'll email you later today, k? I'm glad you managed to fit in a workout, too. Gosh, we've all been so good!! :D

Mary - I'm not sure which time zone you're in, but you can change the time as it appears on the website by going into the "Quick Links" tab (it's at the top of the page right under the box that shows your private messages). You'll find a section towards the bottom of the page where you can set the date and time. HTH!!! As for Volume 9, I haven't heard anything more about it. I think Volume 8 came out last June so maybe 9 isn't far off. Maybe he'll release it in May for my birthday. :p :D

Hello to Dana and Jodi!!! How are you two doing?

I have cardio on tap for today -- Cardio Coach, of course, but I haven't decided which one. I'll ponder it while I'm grocery shopping. I'll check back later to see who's around. *MWAH*

ETA Hi Dana!!!! WOO HOO for doing STS #7!!! I'm askeered of all the push ups and I'll be doing the brunt of them on my knees, too. I started the push up program last year and I got up to around 70 something before my DFIL's illness derailed my workouts. I did them all on my toes, too, so I'm going to be a bit unhappy about dropping to my kness. Hopefull we'll all see a big improvement in our ability to do them by the end of the program. Yes, I'm feeling better today but not 100%. I have a cold and I hope it doesn't hang around for too long.

Last edited:
Wow, Michele so impressed by 70 pushups on your toes! I can barely do any and they are wimpy ones not going too far down.

So what is this 1RM thing? From my brief review of the new workouts, she uses the 1 rep max to determine what weight you use, right? So you are getting in all your 1RM numbers, or is it a workout? Sorry, just ignorant of these new workouts.

I am waiting to buy the 4DS workouts because the set before that (bodymax 2, etc.) are still like new to me. I haven't even done the entire workout of some of them because I either can't do the whole thing yet or just did some of the short premixes when I was short on time. And I really haven't done many Cathe workouts in the past year and 1/2 so they are still new to me. So I am holding off buying anything new until I get some use out of the older ones.

About the Squeeze workout, it is a lot like the Bar Method or Lotte Berk stuff but she uses a ball during some of the moves that you squeeze between your knees or hands for extra resistance. If have found that I need LOTS of pilates or bar type workouts to get my pear shaped hips and buns to look smaller. Traditional leg work alone doesn't seem to make my hips narrower, but doing traditional weight lifting along with these types of workouts seems to work the best for me. I just need to do them!! There is also a couple newer Squeeze workouts out there - a more advanced one and one focusing on just legs but I haven't gotten those yet. There are also two new Bar Method workouts that are out I am itching to buy but haven't yet. I have way over 100 dvds of all different types and just haven't been doing them so I trying to hold off buying stuff until I really and getting tired of what I have.

No workout for me today.:( I have a meeting at church right after work, followed by the kids program I help out with, followed by Bible study. I won't get home till close to 9.:(:( Just when I get my eating under control, my workout routine goes to pot. I sure wish I could get them both in synch.

Diane, 1RM is determining your 1 rep maximum weight before starting the STS program. Don't worry about not getting the new stuff. You have more important things to worry about now. Eventually, Ella will be older and you'll have more time for workouts.

Michele, thanks for the prayers. And the email. This too shall pass. Or get worse. Who knows. In all things give thanks.

Dana, thanks for the prayers. They help. Hope you have a good conference.

Mary and Jodi, hey!

Hi!

I posted under yesterdays thread, and am too busy (lazy :p) to re type it all here.

Hi to you all and glad to see everyone!

Hi everyone...sorry I haven't had a chance to check in until now! My grandma is moving back to Florida today, and I was busy helping her. She lived here in Georgia for 2 years and it was great getting to know her better...I'm going to miss seeing her on a regular basis. But I think she will be happier back with her friends and in the warmer weather again.

Yesterday I did pilates and resistance stretching. (I have a DVD starring Dara Torres demonstrating techniques that she says have helped her with her recent comeback.) So sort of a "light" workout day.

Today DH and I worked out together; we played Dance Dance Revolution and did the upper body work from SJP. Today is 6 weeks since he broke his rib, and he is eager to get back to working out. Unfortunately, he found that a few of the exercises are still painful for him, especially chest work. He seems discouraged, but I guess it's just going to take more time.

I have an appointment with the orthopedist on Friday for my wrist. DH thinks it is a ganglion cyst, and based on what I've read online, I agree. Hopefully the doc can help me out with it. Not sure how long the recovery would be if he drains it, but since DH isn't ready to start STS yet either, a little more time probably won't make a big difference. I'm sure I can still do some cardio in the meantime.

Diane--I like the squeeze workout too. I don't have the newer one, just the older. I haven't done it in a while...maybe I'll pull it out for tomorrow. Hope Ella is feeling better!

Michele--I hope you're feeling better!! I'm sure you are just as tired of all the winter illnesses as we are!! WTG on the 1RMS!! I don't really have much to offer as far as deciding between 3 or 6 months on STS. I'm going to start with 3...I'm not sure I've ever finished a 1 month rotation, so 3 months will be a challenge for me!

Robin--Thinking of you and your family. I hope all is well soon!! Don't worry about missing a workout...sometimes it just isn't gonna happen. (((hugs)))

Dana--Pushups on the knees are still hard! Good for you for getting through 'em!

Mary--I'm with you...LowMax is hard enough without a med ball! I had nice DOMS from it yesterday and into today...enough to remind me that I worked my legs, but not so killer that I couldn't walk. Perfect!

Hope I didn't miss anyone there! Have a nice rest of the day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.