FIT OVER 40 Weekly Check in

idream

Cathlete
Yippeee, I managed to start the thread off this week.

My legs are fried and sore. That was from PS legs on Saturday!! Because I don't have the DVD's I am doing what I "think" Debbie means. But its hard to count - hold down for four, up three counts and thats one rep. I loose rep count. So I seemed to do an awful lot of legs!

Hope everyone is well and I need to catch up on the end of last weeks thread.

OH by the Way, my CharLean arrived.

Yeah great, sigh, sad and angry!!!!!

They don't play in my DVD player, the format is wrong!!!! I asked about this before I bought them too and was assured that it would be o.k they are universal. NOPE. Not.

So, now, I'm paying $70 Aust to get them re formatted. Hopefully .

See ya.

Last edited:
Hello everyone

Andrea, that is such a bummer about the DVDs. What region are you in? Do you not have a universal DVD player? Apparently, a lot of DVD players are universal but are set to the relevant region they're being sold in (make sense when you think about it). You can get codes to convert DVD players into universal ones. Might be worth looking into before you spend any more money!

Not a lot to report this end. I did an 80 mins yoga session on Saturday which was lovely and left me feeling really floaty. The builders are here now and will be here all week so it might be a workout free week for me. Have to see how it goes.

Bye for now.

Andrea, you ROCK! Your thread names are sooooo creative!

Ronne, floaty, sounds blissful.

BBL to chat more

Quick check-in...

...then off to work! Good morning to all!

I did Lauren Brooks kettlebell workout (for the first time) this morning. It was pretty challenging. I can't tell the weight of the kb she's using, but it looks heavy!

I worked out with DH over the weekend -- Muscle Endurance on Saturday and KPC on Sunday. I asked him yesterday if he felt sore anywhere and he said, "All over." He should be sore all over -- he hasn't worked his abs or lower body since before I got sick with pneumonia in the beginning of November! :eek:

I've got tons to do -- I don't know where to begin! Laundry is overflowing, work is piled up, and I just can't seem to catch up. Our sales associates from all over the country are coming this week for a two-day conference. I hope they don't want to see our office, since it's in the not-very-tidy house.

Has anybody got some extra motivation to share with me? Frankly, housework is uninspiring. :mad:

Okay, I'd better stop griping and go deal with it!

(Good job, Andrea, on starting the thread!)

I'm back to checkin. I did the FF Chest/Tri, B&G stab ball abs, and then shoveled. My left trap has been hurting for a couple days, don't know what I could have done to hurt it as it started the night after a cardio w/o. I'll have to have DH massage it tonight again as that helps even as pathetic a massage that he gives. :(

Kathryrn, the best way to tackle housework is to "just do it". I feel for ya, I was supposed to mop today but being the great procrastinator I can be with housework, I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I gotta get off to doing some work as well........

Later everyone.

HI girls! Hope you had a good weekend, just lots of snow and shoveling here. That is quite a w/o all on it's own! Lisa, sometimes my DH gives me a good kneading and sometimes it's like a pitiful effort when he rubs out something that hurts, Offer him a trade, for when you are feeling better? Kathryn, believe it or not, I love to do housework! Makes me happy to see things neat and tidy, (at least until the children get home!) It is like instant gratification for me. I think I am a little OC! Ronne, I would like to feel a little floaty, too! Andrea, I'm sorry about your dvd's, that would be sooo frustrating! How long will it take to get them re-formatted? How do they do it? I'm sorry it is so expensive, especially after buying them, too! Well, off to do math and speech homework! Have a good night. Mary

Mary...

I love to see it tidy too! I used to love to clean because it was so beautiful and orderly! But now it's just a chore that I do over and over, because before I've even finished, one of the three other members of the family has messed something up. I've tried training them ... there's hope for DD, but as for DS and DH ... not so much.

So it's a discouraging task for me because I don't get to enjoy it for more than a nano-second. But back when I lived alone (with the cat), my house was always clean and organized! :rolleyes:

Just stopping in quickly. My neck is better but now I have monthly cramps. I did do CC8 (felt like puking during challenge 3) and I'm seriously considering rolling up in the fetal position on the couch for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I feel!

Hi all,

I have a quick minute. I did a lower body workout with the "My Fitness Coach". It was okay. I will probably get back to Cathe soon. I need my Cathe-fix. Happy exercising all.

Murph

Tuesday Afternoon

Hello Ladies!

I've been a bad checker inner here :eek: but had to come here 1st to see how you all have been doing :)

I've been dealing w/ a migraine that made it's appearance last Friday afternoon followed a few hours later by aunt flo which sidelined me for the most part. I still feel the pressure but its not as bad as it has been the past few days; so hopefully my migraine will be gone soon.

Monday: On The Edge kettlebell only 1 round of each along with premix #1 from Drill Max

Today was Empire State, 4DS kickbox cardio portion only and my 200 kettlebell swings.

Andrea so sorry that your CLX is not compatible w/ your format. I would be so bummed out over that issue also. Where you able to take Ronne's suggestion about converting your dvd into a universal code? I hope so.

I've been hearing such positive reviews that I plan to get CLX one day in the distant future.

Ronne How much longer are the builders there to finish the remodel? It seems they have been working on your house since late Oct./ early Nov.

Lisa Sorry you've been feeling ill I'm right there w/ you as I have been having horrendous cramps since the weekend and I've been popping pain reliever meds.

Way to go on CCv8; I really love CCv8 also its a killer but maybe that's why I love it as it pushes you to your max :cool:.

So how are you liking this month's rotation compared to FF's last month's rotation? Those two I plan on doing evenatually. I'll be starting the ETK (Enter The Kettlebell) workbook in Febuary.

Kathryn I believe Lauren is using a 8KG kettlebell I read it somewhere before. Her dvd is a goodie though.

I don't think anyone is motivated to do housework but its one of those things that has to be done all the time ugh here I do it daily just to keep it together:confused: and as soon as I look it's a mess again thanks to my lovely family :mad:

Mary I am so glad we have not had snow to shovel because it is a work out on its own...I've shoveled our driveway through the years when we've had enough snow to stick; not fun.

You're lucky to have a dh who gives you a decent massage lol

Murph
What is my fitness coach?

Have a Good One Everyone!!!!

picture.php

Hi all! Hope all finds you well. It is cold here! We are supposed to have a high of 9 tomorrow, Again with the shoveling ,too! I had to shovel the drive 2x today. My back is sore from that and from FF back, shoulder and biceps. It seems like my DH is always at the fire station when it snows. I think he plans it like that! Hey, Vilma, good to see you again! I don't know anything about KB's is it ok to do them 2 days in a row? Iam thinking about ordering Amy Bento's new one she will have coming out, just to try, she has a pre-order going on, on the 15th. Murphy, glad to see you are feeling better and getting back in the swing of things. Lisa, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, I wish our periods just stopped when we are done making babies, they are such a pain, in more ways than one! Kathryn, I lived alone with my cat at one time, too. I wish I would have appreciated that time in my life more! Hope the housework is coming along. Hi to Ronne and Andrea, I am going to go sit by the space heater!! Have a good night all. Mary

Hi everyone

Vilma - sorry to hear about the migraine. Hope it's cleared up for you now! The builders will be here till mid-March. We are basically changing the whole of the ground floor of our house so it's a big project. They've been off for a month though so the first stage only took 6 weeks.

Mary - hope you're enjoying the FF rotation. So, you're back shovelling again then? Where do you live? It's obviously a very snowy part of the States!

Murphy - so tell us about My Fitness Coach? I saw a website called Mylife yesterday which is an internet based personal trainer type thing. Is that the same?

Lisa - hope you're not feeling too pukey today! ;)

I'm taking this afternoon off (good timing with the builders taking out the kitchen windows!). I'm going to do a bit of shopping; I desperately need a new sports bra. I had to return the last one I bought as it was too big :p so I'm going to get measured! Then I'm going to the cinema to see Slumdog Millionaire. DD is going to a friend's house after school so I thought I'd make the most of it as work isn't too busy. I rarely get to take advantage of the freelance life so this will make a change.

Hi to Kathryn, Andrea and anyone else.

Hi All,

Today I did the push/pull premix of Muscle Max. If I got up on time like I should have I could have done the whole thing. Well, there is always tongiht.

My Fitness Coach is the Wii version of Yourself Fitness, the PlayStation virtual trainer. It is essentially the same thing, same trainer, same set-up, same sets, etc. You put your stats (ht, wt, how many of certain exercises you can do, etc.) and your goals. You then decide what type of exercise you want to do, your daily focus - lower/upper body, abs, aerobics or yoga, and for how long and it creates a program that Maya (the trainer) does with you. It is okay. It is not Cathe, but it serves its purpose. I mostly use it when I feel like something different.

Murph

Hi everyone!

CharLean update. I have the DVDs re formatted and they work! YAY! I tried Burn phase 1 (which is the start) I didn't go heavy enough with the weight, but it wasn't too bad workout wise. So, yesturday I did burn 2 (it was supposed to be a rest day, but there was NO WAY I'm taking a day off after waiting five million years to get these DVDs) Anyway, I went heavier with the weights. OMG!! My body was fried at the end of it and I was sooooo surprised! They aren't at this stage long workouts 40 mins including warm up and cool down, very little to no rests in between exercises, BUT put the weight up and its FANTABULOUS!! I'm choppin at the bit to do todays workout which is cardio and abs. I like CharLean too. Shes actually a surprise with her fake boobs and blonde bombshell hair. In her workouts her personality doesn't match the "glamourous persona" of the PR for the program. shes very bubbly and freindly.

Mary - I'd love to cold!!! We are in the middle of a heat wave here and I've wilted!. Chuck some snow my way

Kathyrn - I agree with you. ITs nice to have the house presenting well, but its such a CHORE GRRRR! Vilma my household sounds like your household, clean up, mess up, clean up, mess up! Why do we bother?

Lisa- I hope you are feeling better

Vilma and LIsa - Those bloody PMS/ hormonal migraines are the worst! No pill/ pain relief seems to "hit it" AND I too just spend the days popping pain relief, I don't know why, seeing they do nothing!

Murph - Thanks for the explanation. i didn't what it was either.

Ronne - Now that I've been "caught out" regarding the DVDs I am going to investigate the all regions DVD player.

Hi to anyone I've missed. I must go. Later girls.

Hello ladies

Andrea - I'm glad to see you got your disks sorted out. I had a look at the website yesterday and it does look pretty good. Seems to be getting some positive reviews around here as well. Hope you're managing to keep cool!

Murphy - that sounds really good. It's just great to have variety, isn't it?

Well, today is the noisiest day so far. They're demolishing a wall in the kitchen right below me so I can't even have the radio on while I work! At least I should be able to get a workout in at the end of the day. I don't know what to pick though! Maybe some cardio to give me a bounce.

Bye for now.

Hello,

Today is the lower body portion of Muscle Max. I need to work back up to a full hour. All that time off has made me lazy. Does exercising in my mind count?

Murph

Hi Girls! How are you? All is well here, just really cold. School was cancelled today, and tomorrow too! The kids will have a 5 day weekend, Needless to say, they are very excited! Workouts have been going well, only 1 more week to FF rotation, I was really hoping we would have STS by the end of this month, however it looks like it will be longer, I will have to figure out what is next. Murphy, I wish exercising in our minds counted, I would look like Cathe by now if it did! Ronne, that is quite a project you have going on, I would love to see pictures when it is all done! Andrea, are you enjoying CLX? Is it worth the investment? Would love to hear the details! I will gladly send you some of this cold, it was -2 when I got up this am! Lisa, hope you are feeling better. Hi to Kathryn and Vilma! Have a good night. Mary

Hi everyone! I did PLB today too like Mary did. For once I didn't dread doing legs, don't know why. I loved using the dumbbells for some of the weights instead of the barbell as it didn't irritate my shoulder like normal....I may have to invest in a weighted vest. Should I get Cathe's or is there a better alternative? Thoughts?

ok, I'm a dope, that entry was for the FF checkin :eek: I'm not all here today. Will write more later as the buzzer went off for dinner!

Hi guys.

Lisa - I don't think anybody really minds that you posted here instead of the FF thread. Its good to see what you are up to.

Ronne - What on earth are doing in your avatar photo?

Very quick check in today, day four of Charlean, weights again. Did as I was told, kept the weight heavy, Phew! I was glad when it was over.

Move over in the hospital ward, my heads been pounding and I'm upset in the tummy, too. Its tough this woman thing.

Hi to everyone else, sorry no personals I just want to get to bed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.