Deanies Rotation Check In ~~~Thursday~~~

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :) Missed you girls:7
I couldn't find a "th" word to go with Thursday (Gin, I liked your headings this week!)

I was up bright and early (4:15) this morning! I think I have to much on my mind.LOL!! I finally got out of bed at 5:30, but I still only did DS 45 min. practice. It was a good workout. I did low max on tuesday and yesterday I did "day 3"(kept my weights the same).

I read through all the days I missed!!It seems like so many! Heres whats going on with me: I was offered a job at the nursery school to be an asst. in the 5 day 4 year old class. I don't want to work 5 days so I turned it down, the teachers I would be working with really want me, so they suggested to the director that I work 4 days monday thru thurs and they would do fri. with out me. (that was sooo nice) the director is thinking about it, and so am I. The director also offered me a choice if I want a "perminant sub" position, with a raise in pay. I told her I prefer the "PS" position, so I think thats what I'm doing (unless something opens up this summer for a 3 day position) confusing!?x(

Baseball is over for my younger DS, but older DS is still in the playoffs. They have a game tonight, and if they win they are in the championships on Sat. Where they will play a double header! Yikes! I think they can go all the way!!!

Here's the other thing: please don't be mad!!!! but I think this is my last week on this rotation. I am tired of all the pushups, and changing the dvds for the workouts, and I can't see me raising my weights anymore, and mostly, I am not looking forward to 3 more weeks of this rotation. I really liked it in the begining, and I'm sure if I had the actual "tony" dvds I would feel differently, but I think I'm going to do the Pyramids for 3 weeks and join you all in the rest week. I miss following an instructor, and sometimes I'm not sure my form with the heavier weights is correct. Anyway, I feel really bad about being so close and not finishing, but....like I said, I will join in at the rest week. I think 8 weeks is my limit for a rotation. Sorry:-(

I know I'm not going to remember everything I want to write but....

Marcy- (Queen of pushups:) ) I am really glad you like DS! If you like his short forms you will love his first series yoga practice. It is 90 min. and an extended version of the 45 min. You do pushups in the vinyasas and go deeper in the poses. What did you do today? Any response from your open house?

Tracee- (Queen of biceps:) ) I can't believe your boys play baseball thru July! It must be sooo hot! I'm sure my boys would if they could! I am very impressed with your lifting 18# for biceps!!

Gin-(why did you not Queen yourself??:)) I dub you Queen of Cardio!! Did you end up doing B&G leg blast and L&G floor work? that sounds like a tough workout! I hope you can walk afterwards!!;-)

I am taking my DS to the dr. today, he has been complaining about a headache since Sun, and he has no temp. It is unusual for him to complain. I gave him motrin, but it doesn't help him.I am at a loss,
so to the dr. we go.

Its nice to be back:)

Deanie

okay, rethinking, I think I will do PS for the next 3 weeks, so I have the option of doing Cathe's June rotation next. (if we want)

Deanie

Good morning ladies.

Deanie - it's nice to have you back again. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to continue on this rotation. I've had the same thoughts about it and may consider subbing different workouts also. I'm dying to do the pyramid workouts again!! I've also questioned my form when doing some of the heavier lifting so I understand what you're saying there.

Today was a rest day for me. I seem to need extra sleep by this time of the week so that is what I did.

Deanie - Good luck to your ds with baseball. It's so exciting when the team is winning, isn't it?

We have my DH's and DS's birthdays this weekend and I have no idea what to get for DH. I don't make a big deal out of my birthday but I think my DH would prefer me to make a big deal out of his.

Talk to you later.

Tracee

Good morning all!

Welcome back Deanie! We really missed you. I'm sorry you won't be finishing the rotation with us but I do understand and I'm not mad. I know it's got to be much easier for me because I have all the actual workouts and I commend all of you for sticking with it with all of the changing discs and freestyle stuff that you must be doing. I don't know how long I would have lasted without the actual DVDs.

Congrations on being offered the job. I hope you get exactly what you want. I guess they like you a lot with all the options they're offering you and the raise in pay. Good luck to your older DS in the playoffs and I hope he (or your younger one, whoever has the headache) gets well soon.

I really did like David's 45 min. practice. It was more challenging that I originally thought. (You know me, I always like a challenge:9 ) Today I did Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga Volume 3 from his Trilogy. This was a long one (90 minutes) but good. It was a flowing practice but some moves were definitely held for a long time (plough, shoulder stand, knees behind head (whatever that's called) and (I did really good with this part) and fish. There were lots of chaturangas/vinyasas, lots of standing work but not too many warrior poses (I'm sick of warrior pose after Yoga X). He also did some chair poses. He had some forward bends which felt really good. For balance poses, he did half moon, and leg forward and side balance. He did standing split poses. I think he also did side angle and triangle pose. For floor work he did some twisting poses, cobbler, table, camel and crane. At the end, we held corpse pose for a long time (which I really needed today), fetal pose and child pose. I did better with the floor work today than the standing work. I guess because it was a little new and I felt a little wobbly. I also felt hungry but didn't want to eat before the practice. I also got a little dizzy so stopped for a minute or two here and there. Overall, I liked the practice. Nothing new here but I felt like I was working hard and using my core muscles and concentrated on my breath. I'm going to try and get the other two practices in this series. I've also been looking for David's first series but haven't seen it around lately. I'll keep trying. I did get his 2nd and 3rd series though. I haven't been able to view it yet but I have a feeling it's going to be really challenging.

I'm down to 122 pounds today but every time my weight goes down, my body fat zooms right back up. I like myself at this weight and would probably like to lose 5-7 more pounds but hate that my body fat goes so high. My body fat gets really low when I'm between 124-125 pounds but I feel better at the lower weight. I guess I just can't win.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing yet for the next rotation. Too many options, my head is spinning!

Tracee - Hope you had a great workout. What did you do today?

Gin - I agree with Deanie. You definitely are the QUEEN OF CARDIO! I could never do all the running you do. I tried running last year in a couple of Cathe's rotations and it was real tough for me.

Sorry for the long post. Hope you all have a great day.

Marcy

Good Morning ladies!

I slept later than usual and ate breakfast first and will do the L&G and B&G combo as promised in a minute and then then report back in to let you know I did it.;-)

Deaie--So glad to have you back!! We missed you! 4 day a week 4 year olds is what I teach, but we don't have asst. Is "PS" postion permanent sub? Isn't that what you have been doing this year? Would you prefer to keep doing that or 3 day a week 3 year olds? Not so sure about the Queen of Cardio, maybe when I was training for a marathon and running 30+ miles a week.:p Good luck with your DS playoff game tonight and hope your son gets rid of his headaches. :-( I don't blame you for giving up on this rotation, but if you and Tracee both abandon ship, let me know exactly what your plan is so I can follow too!:)

Marcy--My nephews are going to a day camp (sports) one day that I am there. I guess I will take them swimming, play games at their house and just play it by ear. I did this twice last summer. I think it is fun for all!

Tracee--Hope you have the a/c on today at work. How do your biceps feel? My DS always played baseball in the hot summer. I remember a noon summer game (100 degrees) sitting on old metal bleachers. Not a great baseball memory!:p Men are tough to buy for. Don't think I have any suggestions.

Gin

It's a Thighburning Thursday for me! Just finished L&G w/u and Floorwork and B&G Leg Blast. Let me just say Cathe should have named B&G, BURNMAX.}( }( }( Why does it not ever get easier ?? And the darned thing is like Groundhog Day....as many times as I have done this Premix, I forget how many times you repeat all of the exercises. I'm constantly saying, "Again?" Now, Deanie and Tracee...aren't you looking forward to this one tomorrow?
Sorry about all of the complaining. Going to a Pilates class at the gym in a minute.

Marcy--Glad you enjoyed yoga today. When I started running 10 years ago, I thought I was in pretty good shape doing lots of different types of cardio then. I guess running is different because I had to slowly increase my mileage.

Gin

Deanie/Gin: So since you have guys have been doing all this burning leg work from B&G and L&G, are you noticing a big difference in your legs? What weights are you using? I haven't done L&G in a long time and I really liked that one, especially at only 51 mins. so I might put that in my rotation when I'm done.

Marcy

Hey guys:)

I just read my post from this morning- WOW it was long! LOL!

It was a good thing I took my DS to the dr. today. He has a sinus infection! My kids never had one before. He had his end of year party today, so the dr. said I could bring him to school for the party for an hour, so I did. He started meds today, so we are on the road to recovery.

I am undecided what to do next week. I want to do the Pyramids, but Cathes June rotation uses them, and we may do that next. Or PS series:
If I do Pyramids I would do
PUB
step
PLB
off
kickbox
circuit (LIC or DM)
yoga (or cardio, depending on mood)

If PS: (close to what we are doing now)
PS chest, tri, shoulders
step
PS back, bi
yoga
kickbox
ps legs (or any legs)
off

If you are jumping ship and joining me, let me know if you have a preference. I am on the fence.

Tracee- Hope the ac is on in your office!

Gin- Your time with your nephews sounds nice. PS does mean perm. sub. this year, I was a reg. sub, but everyone called me first. They nicknamed me the "IT" girl:* at work! Enjoy your pilates class.

Marcy- I bought DS's 2nd and 3rd practice and viewed it once! He is incredible. First of all, you need a partner, and then it was out of this world yoga. I mean, it is really (in bold print) advanced- like super human advanced! His first practice is doable and challenging. Marc Blanchard has been on my list to try for ages, you've given me some serious food for thought. I want to buy Cathe's new workouts, and then I may buy Marcs. Good job with your weight. I never worry about the scale though, I'm sure you look great. I don't know about Gin, but I have not seen an improvement in my legs (or any change) like I have in my arms. I think I need to lift weights for my legs and less weights: mix it up more.

Deanie:*

Deanie - I'm determined to finish my X rotation to the end but your PS rotation looks good. I'm a little confused about the legs though -- "lift weights and less weights"? Do you mean half and half? I know what you mean about David Swenson. I could see from the 45 min. practice how advanced he looked. I will definitely preview the 2nd and 3rd practice before I attempt it. Thanks for the warning. Glad your DS is on the road to recovery. Were you using weights for your legs (light/heavy) or no weights?

Marcy

You're right- that is confusing :) I meant I need to mix it up. I was doing B&G leg blast for every week but one, and it uses no weights or 5#. I think I need to use weights.

Thanks, I did that PS rotation once before. It was my first rotation I made up on my own.

Deanie

Hi Again!
Pilates was a nice relaxing mostly core workout with a little leg work too. All on the floor!:D

Deanie--I am hopefully getting PUB/PLB vhs in a trade by next week so I could do that or do my new S&H instead of PS. Leaning more towards the S&H, but either way. Hopefully your son will feel better soon.

Marcy--I can see a smidgen of difference with my arms and none with my legs!:( So why am I killing myself with that darn B&G workout??? Just kidding. In the Leg Blast premix you only use 5# on the walking lunges (all 1,000 of them!) and one 10# on the leg presses.The L&G floorwork I did today uses only ankle weights. Is it better to use lighter or heavier weights with legs?

Gin

ETA: David Swenson is a Human Pretzel and could join the circus.:+

Gin - I've noticed most people like to use light or no weights with legs because they bulk up. I'm sure since you run though, you must have nice thin legs and don't need to worry!:) What have you done in the past?

Marcy

Deanie--I am up for Cathe's June Rotation if you are. I wonder if Tracee will want to join us. I assume that we will finish this week and then start Cathe's rotation next week?

Marcy--I only wish that my legs were nice and thin from running, but sadly no. I don't think I have ever been able to lift heavy weights with my legs. 10# dbls??

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.