Deanie's Rotation Check-In**Wonderful Wednesday**6/6

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today I went to yoga class and then 15 min. on the treadclimber and 15 min. on the elliptical. I had never been on the treadclimber and wanted to try it out. It was somewhat tough and I wasn't going very fast.
**Have you guys seen any movies lately?**
I don't think there are any out there now that interest me. I rented "Bobby" form Netflix last week and was pretty different. Not sure I would recommend it.

Marcy and Tracee--How was the SH, TR, BI and AB Day?

Deanie--Hope yo get that computer repaired soon. We miss you!

Gin

Hi Gin and all who follow!

Today was Shoulders & Arms. (I was also supposed to do Ab Ripper X but I got a late start so will try and do tonight.) Here are my numbers:

Alternating Shoulder Presses: R1: 9 Reps at 16.5#, R2: 10 @ 16.5#
In & Out Bicep Curls: R1 and R2: 16 reps at 15# (up 1/2#)
2-Arm Tricep Kickbacks: R1: 12 reps at 16.5#, R2: 12 reps at 17.5# (up 1#)
Deep Swimmer's Presses: R1 and R2: 8 reps at 16.5#
Full Supination Concentration Curls: R1: 10 reps at 15#, 8 reps at 16.5# (up 2#)(Gin, I'm catching up to you!)
Chair Dips: R1 and R2: 32 with leg raises (up 2 reps)
Upright Rows: R1 and R2: 10 reps at 15# (I don't think these will ever feel right to me.) (up 1/2#)
Static Arm Curls: R1 and R2: 16 reps at 15# (up 1/2#)
Flip-Grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks: R1: 10 reps at 15#, R2: 12 reps at 15# (up 1/2#)
2-Angle Shoulder Flys: R1 and R2: 16 reps at 15# (up 1/2#)
Crounching Cohen Curls: R1&R2: 10 reps at 15# (up 2#)
Lying-Down Tricep Extensions: R1: 12 reps at 14.5#, R2: 8 reps at 15# (up 1/2#)
In & Out Straight-Arm Shoulder Flys: R1 and R2: 16 reps at 13#
Congdon Curls: R1&R2: 8 reps at 12# (up 2#)
Side Tri-Rises: 21 reps each side both rounds (up 2 reps each side)

My DH and I watched The Holiday on pay-per-view with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. We both really enjoyed it. Nice ending. Romantic comedy.

Deanie: Come baaaack!

Tracee: Hope you have a great workout.

Have a great day everyone. BBL.

Marcy

Good morning everyone!

I had a good workout this morning. I really like the way this one flows because I'm not constantly switching weights and discs. I managed to do 18lbs for some of the bicep reps and maintained 15lbs for the rest.

I hardly ever see any movies so I can't recommend any. I usually only see kid movies at the theater and can't seem to set aside time at home to watch a full movie. I really miss it too.

Hope Deanie can check in with us today.

Tracee

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I'm thinking that tomorrow I may do the B&G Leg Blast plus L&G floorwork. It's sounds good now, anyway!:)

Marcy--I rented The Holiday a few weeks ago and thought it was cute. My DH would not have watched that one with me. I have Dream Girls up to be sent next. Another one he probably won't watch! Okay....I am am now going to crown you the Queen of the Triceps!!:7 My goodness you are strong! In any of the P90X paperwork, do they recommend how often you should do this rotation? Or what you should do following completing the rotation? Just curious.

Tracee--18#??? You are the Bicep Queen! I know you are one busy lady working fulltime and raising children. We had our children fairly young and so now are fairly young empty nesters. What are your kids doing now that baseball is over? I go next week to stay with my 7 and 12 year old nephews while my brother and SIL go on vacation. Can't wait!

Gin

Hi again!

Tracee - I agree with Gin. You definitely are Bicep Queen!

Gin - I'll have to check the manual but over at my other check-in, there are people who went off for 2-3 weeks and then were right back for another round. They just couldn't stay away. I know I would like to do this again but I think I need a month break and I want to try as many of my new workouts as I can. There are 3 rotations: the Classic (what I/we are doing), Lean (for people not quite up to the Classic rotation or for people who want a little more cardio) and the Doubles rotation (for people who want more cardio -- strength in the morning and an extra cardio session in the afternoon.) For the next round, I would probably sub more of Cathe for cardio (plyo and kickboxing) and of course, do as many different yoga workouts as I can. I haven't decided yet which one I'll do for tomorrow.

Let me know how you like Dream Girls. I haven't seen it yet, but I want to. Have fun with your nephews next week. Do you have any special plans for them?

Marcy

Dream Girls is one that I want to see too. I'll just have to make it a priority.

My office is without air conditioning today and it's getting really hot in here. We're all dreading tomorrow because it's supposed to be 90 degrees outside. Our windows don't open either, we just have one door that can be opened. Ugh!

I'm sure I'll pay tomorrow for doing those few reps at 18lbs on biceps. I'll let you know how my arms feel tomorrow.

Marcy - I would have to wait more than a month before doing the p90x rotation again. It seems intense to do more than a few times a year. Yikes! You go girl!

Gin - My boys are still going strong with their baseball seasons. I think Deanie's boys are finished though. We will be going strong through the end of July. I enjoy it because it gets me outside in the fresh air and away from the house where many chores await me. :)

Have a good evening guys.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.