Deanie & Co. ===Double Shot Tuesday===7/3

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls

Today was S&H chest and back. I felt really good, so I upped my weights from last time. I had a great workout!

Stats:
bench press: 3 sets (used bb)55#
bench flies: 3 sets 17#
incline bench press: 1 set 25#, 2 sets 20#
incline flies: 2 sets 15#, 1 set 12# (I was fried!!)
I actually made it through the pushups + with good form! (was considering skipping them)

rows: 3 sets 15#
pullovers: 1 set 15#, 2 sets 20#
db deadlifts: 2 sets 25# dumbells, 1 set 20# dumbells

Gin~ I do have lifting gloves and I like them. I use them lifting, not circuits though.

Marcy/Tracee~ Hope you all are having a great workout day!

We spent to much time in the sun yesterday, me and older DS are sunburnt!(not much, just a little) I think today is an errand day.

Have a good day all~
Deanie:*

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did Step Fit. I was planning on subbing with CF, but my new Step Fit was sitting on the porch yesterday afternoon! I wore my new HRM (new to me) and it does work in front of the tv and said I burned 387 calories. Step Fit is not as intense as her newer workouts,but it was good. The time seemed to fly by.
Is it okay if my HR goes over my range, which is only 112-147? It went over quite a bit and I really wasn't working all that hard.

Deanie--You are so incredibly strong. I just can't believe what you can lift! Do you wear sun screen? Be careful.:)

Tracee--Your son's baseball team must really have been good! How fun to watch! Glad you were able to get PH in.

Marcy--What is on tap today during your recovery week?

Have a great day!
Gin

Good Morning All!

Today was Core Syn. This is still one of the toughest workouts for me. Some things got easier but the plank/chaturanga run gets me every time. I was only able to jump for 30 secs. with the towel hopping and then did another 30 sec. like Pam going one foot to one foot.

Stacked Foot/Stacked hand Pushups: Did 35 with leg raise
Leaning Crescent Lunge: Did 18 with 10#, 6 with no weights. I did it the last time with 8#. Those 2# really made a difference.
Sphinx Pushup: 13
Prison Cell Pushups: 9 (These always wipe me out)
Squat X-Press: 8# (used 5# last time)
Walking pushups: did the whole minute
Lunge/Kickback/Curl/Press: Used 8#

Deanie: Great workout with S&H. Your weights are really impressive. No wonder you got fried at the end. Take care of that sunburn! For the rest of the week, I have Kenpo tomorrow, Stretch on Thursday (although I might switch and do yoga on Thursday), Core Syn again on Friday and yoga on Saturday (although I might do Stretch instead.) Then I'm off to join all of you again for Debbie's rotation.

Tracee: Glad you enjoyed PH with your new barbell.

Gin: Glad you enjoyed Step Fit. Yes, it's okay to go higher than your range. With Cathe's IMAXes and BM2, I definitely go out of range (over 85# of my target heart rate). There's nothing wrong with going out of range, it's just the higher you go, the less you're able to sustain it. Don't worry about the fat burning zone and that you have to stay there, basically it's all about calories burned and the higher you go, the more you burn. But you'll see the fitter you get, the less you'll burn doing cardio and the more you'll burn doing strength training. The more fit you are, the harder it is to get your heart rate up there. Hope this all makes sense.

Have a great day.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Got all my errands done and then some.....

Tracee~ we started the thread at the same time:) I'm glad you got to do PH. I love that workout! It was one of my first Cathe's. It sounds like you had a fun baseball weekend.

Gin~I'm glad you got Step Fit in time to use it! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Cathe only used a 6" step. I was prepared to do 8" (I previewed it today, I think I've only done it once before)

Marcy~ Again, great workout. I really enjoyed the core synergistics dvd. That's interesting about the cardio and strenth training and burning calories. My DH only does cardio, (well, not with his foot now, now he does nothing!:) )

Hope you all have a great 4th. We aren't doing anything, just a cookout and fireworks. How about you all?

Deanie:*

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I have been working on my "Summer Fun" room at school. I will teach a 1 week class at the day school in a couple of weeks and my theme is Dr. Seuss. So, Deanie, if you do a Dr. Seuss theme at achool, I have several ideas!:)

Marcy--Great workout! Core Syn. is fun. Glad you recommended it to us. Thanks for answering my question on HR. Do you think that everyone burns more calories with strength training over cardio the fitter they get? I guess I am still not convinced I need to do less cardio.:eek: Does it mean that I am not very fit if my HR went above my target with Step Fit? That does not sound good to me!x(

Deanie--I am way too wimpy to use a 8" step and I am 5'6"! I enjoyed Step Fit, but am glad that Cathe no longer does the "Wooo!".:p I notice at the gym (college fitness center)the men are downstairs lifting weights and more of the girls are upstairs on the cardio machines.

Tracee--Hope you are having a good day!

Have a great and safe 4th. We are driving to Florida Thurs.-Sun. (13 hours!) :p
Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.