Damage Control...TGIF!!! :)

Well, I got frustrated with my pedometer during my work out so yesterday so I took it off before I even finished LBJ and opted not to put it back on. I am going to wear it all day today though (I swear) since I am resting. I want to make sure I get those 10,000 steps in! :D So I am thinking this is a classic case of "you get what you pay for" perhaps? My pedometer was clicking off steps when I wasn't even walking because I would do something that would move it in a certain way and it would think it was a step. :confused: Should I go buy a better one or do you think it's not worth it? I could always aim for 10,500 steps just to be sure....

My Bowflex weights came y'day!!! Me and the fedex lady (yeah ofcourse, I get a LADY when it's a 126# box but any other time I get a man! Go figure. :rolleyes:) somehow managed to get the box up my front steps and into my house. We put it down right by the front door and there it stayed until DH came home and unpacked it for me. :p They are soooo cool! I am soooo excited to work out tmrw!!!!

Jacque: Congrats on the 10,000 steps. I probably would not have made it y'day with out a decent amount of "help" either. My run y'day was just under 3 miles so it wasn't a big deal step wise. Before I got fed up and took off the pedometer, I was putting laundry away and instead of grabbing as much as I could at one time, I was only taking a few pieces so that I had an excuse to walk more! :D

Lori: Do you really find that doing more ab work makes a difference? I do ab work sporadically. Sometimes I do it alot (right now I seem to be on a little kick of doing it often) but lots of times, it only gets done a couple times a week if that. Ofcourse it makes a difference in the muscle strength/endurance but as far as the way my abs look....it's all about the food for me. A good diet is key or else any ab work I do is useless cause ya can't see 'em anyway.

Diana: So glad you had a good time visiting your GDs and your son. You DID go there to visit with your son too, right? ;) It was a rude awakening for me when I had Joey to find out that when you have a baby you are suddenly no longer important and everyone just wants to see your child. My ego didn't like that very much! :p

So y'day's work out was TJ Lower Body Jam, Kickin' Core's sculpting segment and ITread 19/30 mins. Good stuff. I really pushed it on the run and thought I'd fall over by the time it was done. :)

Today is a rest day but I'll be walking alot ;). Tomorrow I will be doing a weight work out of some type. I'll probably opt for something ala Cathe. It'll give me more of an opportunity to utlize the new DBs since I'll have to change weight loads more often. I'm thinking maybe the pyramids... :D

Today is the first/last day I am working this week. I was only scheduled for tues/fri and I had to call out on tues b/c of my car...which by the way, we still don't have back. Hopefully today!!!! I am glad to be going to work today. I was getting quite bored being home so much.

I'm still stressing over childcare. I have about 15 days during the course of the year that I currently have no one to watch Joey if I were to go back to work. I can't accept a job in good conscience if I can't be sure Joey is taken care of. :mad::(:confused::mad::(:confused:

Guess that's all for now. Off to get more coffee and peruse the forums...

BBL!!!

Last edited:
Good Morning!

DS was up most of last night throwing up.....while I was at work. I got home around 4ish and I really don't think he was sick after that. I certainly didn't hear him if he were up, I dont' think he was, but of course DH doesn't remember. I think he doesn't "remember" b/c he wants to make his night sound worse then it actually was:rolleyes: He told me the last time he was up was @ 2:30....I have a feeling that was the last time he was up. Anyway....you wouldn't know he was sick. He is his crazy self again today. I have no doubt that he will have a nap at some point in time.

The one good thing about him being sick, is that I doubt we will be doing anything this weekend. I wanted to stay home but DH wanted to go camping:eek: Bugs and I don't get along very well!!!!

Im going for another run today,plus Disc 12 is suppose to be done but that may get done tomorrow. If DS has a nap, there is a good chance I will be napping right along with him

Wendy** Did you hear anything on the job interview yet? I would LOVE to have a set of those Bowflwx weights. My BIL as them and I have used them a couple of times. Enjoy your cazillion steps today!:p

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Friday morning everyone !

Up and at 'em with the pedo on :D and have logged over 600 steps already. I do walk back and forth alot in the AMs while getting ready. Dog always wants in and out and that is on the "other side" of the house. Good for me I guess ! Today's workout is B & G so will be interesting to see how many steps that will "use up".

Wendy - Mine is not perfect and does the same thing as far as adding steps with "motion". I think that is how they work - but sometimes I will move backward or take a short step and it isn't counted. I think I would equate it to worrying about 100 cals here or there? It is just a goal and we all know the more we move the healthier we will be. That is how I am going to look at it until I get a GWF ! :eek: It did keep me on the TM longer last night . . .

So what is the minimum increment you can change your DB's? 52 lbs is quite heavy. Great for squats, deadlifts and bench press ! They actually go as high as my BB ! Have fun with your workout today - I know you will fill us in. :p

Lori - sorry to hear DS was sick, but sometimes I like it when Dad has to take care of the little ones. Though I know yours does quite often due to your work schedule, they sometimes believe it is your job and they are just helping out. ;) Good to hear he is feeling well enough so it won't cause you a set back today, but also an excuse to keep you home this weekend ! :rolleyes:

Have fun with #12 today. Means you are nearly ready for Meso 2 ?

Hey to the rest of you ! ! ! BBL.

Hiya girlies!!

I think I'm finally starting to be rid of the some of the soreness in my abdomen! I can bend over today without wincing.

Got on the treadmill this morning before work and walked for a half hour uphill with a weighted vest on, then ran sprints for the last ten minutes. I'm heading out for a few to get my lunchtime walk in, and that should bring me to my 10k :)

Wendy: So happy you got your dumbells! I can't wait to hear what you think of them. They are on my wish list, and you just might be moving them to the top with your review ;)

Lori: Sorry to hear DS was sick last night! Poor little guy :( but I bet daddy made him feel better ;) I also bet you're really bummed out that you had to work and miss it :p Hope he does okay today!

Jacque: Great job getting your steps in! I find that this GWF definitely makes me move more now that I'm more aware, and that in and of itself was worth the money, I think! I do recommend it. I think I'm addicted!

K, cutting this short so that I get out before any rain comes. It's pretty gray out there. But I'll bbl~

Jen

Hi ladies,

DH, DS and I are all sick. Some kind of terrible head cold, stuffy head, runny nose, sore throat and ears-yuck. It started with jerod but we all have it now.

I missed bootcamp last night since my head was hurting to bad to run. I am looking forward to starting it next week. This morning was LIC upper body circuit. I wanted to stop about 10 minutes before it was over but I pushed my way through to the end. My muscle endurance is crap. I really struggled on the bicep curls especially...oh yeah.. the pushups were pretty pitiful too!

Sounds like you are all on a pedometer kick. I had to wear one for the America on the Move challenge that I was doing. I only averaged about 500-1000 steps walking (my sitdown job didn't help). Thankfully I could count my workouts and they provided a step conversion chart. Here's some info you might find valuable:
Aerobics, low impact-142 steps per minute
Aerobics, high impact-189 steps per minute
Aerobics 6-8 inch step-236 steps per minute
Bicycling-212 steps per minute
Elliptical, medium-236 steps per minute
Jogging-189 steps per minute
Kickbox, moderate-330 steps per minute
Kickbox, vigorous-401 steps per minute
Kickbox, very vigorous-472 steps per minute
Walking-94 steps per minute
Weightlifting-71 steps per minute
Yoga-71 steps per minute

My oldest DS is pretty resourceful. He was planning on going to a job fair in Portland but didn't have a resume, a word processing program, or a printer. He found an online website to create his resume, emailed it to his Iphone, went to the library and used the wi-fi to print out copies of his resume. I though that was pretty smart.

Wendy-You'll have to let me know how you like the weights. I didn't like the long ones that DH bought me. Yep, I did visit with DS also! I'm actually sending him a package today with his mail, his last paycheck and his birth certificate. After attending the job fair he found out he would need his birth certificate. I wouldn't worry about the 15 uncertain daycare days. I'm sure you could do drop in day care in necessary, but maybe a friend or family member could watch him during those times. I would just let the prospective employer know these days could be problematic for me but I am working to find child care. Regarding the ped-sometimes they take a few seconds to catch up also.

Lori-I sure wish I could run like you do. I really enjoyed it much more when I was in my 20's and 30's, before all my feet problems. I do miss it though. Sorry Rylan was so sick last night. Hope he feels better today!

Jacque-Jen has got me interested in the GWF also. I really need to focus on paying off all our recent travel expenses and DS's college. At some point I want DS to take over the loan payments. It's like having a car payment but no car...well that's how I feel about it anyway. You do a lot of walking.

Jen-Did you order your GWF from amazon? Also, in reading some reviews some folks said it doesn't have the nutrition piece. Does yours? I thought it did because you also logged your food. If you don't mind me asking, how much is the online subscription? Glad to hear your stomach is feeling better. Nice workout this morning-uphill w/weighted vest no less...and sprints!!!

Have a great day ladies.

Hi Girls.

Well, I trashed my pedometer at work today after it reset itself for no apparent reason! :mad: Yup, I threw it right in the garbage can! LOL I went out this afternoon and bought a new one and it works sooooo much better! Definitely got what I paid for there! :rolleyes:

Diana: Thanks for the pedometer chart. Yes, what your DS did to get his resume printed out IS resourceful. I, for one, am not that smart! :p Sorry you are all sick. Hope no one develops a sinus infection! :eek: I will definitely report back on the weights after tmrw's work out. I am so excited! :D As for DS' care I asked a lady I work with today if she'd be interested in babysitting him. She is so I am going to bring the schedule in that shows the days I would need help to see what she thinks. I also have a couple other folks in mind to ask as well for back up, or, if the first woman would prefer, they can split up the time. It's only a handful of days but most of them are divided between a 2 week period at the end of the summer and a 1 week period in December so it's only a short term committment but alot all at once if you choose to do it all yourself. We'll see what happens....

Jen: So didja hit 10k with your walk today? As I promised Diana, I will give my review of the DBs tmrw after my work out. :D

Jacque: My new DBs start at 5 pounds and go up in 2.5 pound increments for the first 25 pounds. After that they go up in 5# increments except for the final increment which is only a 2.5 pounder. I don't know why they are 52.5 pounds each and not just 50?? Wierd if you ask me. *shrugs* The one thing I will miss with these DB's is not being able to use my platemates but I have 2 sets of weighted gloves (one set is 2# per glove and the other is 1# per glove) so I can use them if I can't go up a full 5# from 30# on up. So you are definitely getting a GWF? I bought the pedometer to SAVE me from the GWF purchase! Will it work? :rolleyes:

Lori: No word on the job yet but that's a good thing as I am still sorting out the situation with Joey anyway. Next week sometime I should hear...hopefully the LATTER part of the week. As I told my friend, I will sort this situation out and get care for Joey and then I won't get the job cause murphy's law SUCKS and that would be just my luck! :rolleyes::( Sorry DS was throwing up. ICK. I don't envy your DH having to deal with that. BLECH. Glad it didn't last too long though!

Well, I've been wearing the ped since 3-3:30 this afternoon and have logged 1293 steps. That's pretty poor, ey? LOL Oh well, We'll see what happens tmrw when I can wear it all day. :)

Guess that's all for now.

Have a great night girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.