DaMaGe CoNtRoL SUNDAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

If my morning keeps going this way, I just might go back to bed:mad:. Its never a good sign when things start going wrong right from the beginning. I got up, poured myself a cup of java....and it was a good cup! (now you know where I am going with this) I went downstairs to play on the computer (which I couldn't get online) put my coffee down on, tried to put the foot rest down on the recliner and away everything goes. I guess the chair was closer to the coffee then I thought. Coffee everywhere! All over the couch, under the couch, under the chair, on the chair....I pull the couch out to clean it up and jam the couch into my foot! Ugh! I cleaned most of it up but I really needed a cup of coffee to get me through it;) and I don't even know how to get it out of the chair! The material just sucked it right in!

We went to a friends house last night for dinner and we were late getting home (not late for us but late for DS) Oh....and DH took a Chrysler Aspen out yesterday.....its one sweet ride! I kind of forget how smooth other things are b/c I am use to a jeep throwing me around.

I received my gifts from DD yesterday...and she was so proud of herself. Unfortunately she bought me something that i will never wear and she spent way to much money on it. It was a 10k gold maple leaf charm to go on a gold chain...which I don't own. I wear a white gold chain. It is nice but nothing I would ever buy for myself.....or spend $100 on for that matter.

I am thinking about going outside for a run. Its wet out but I don't think there is anything falling right now. I am also not sure how much i will be working the next couple of days. I really don't care to go in everyday. Maybe there will end up being flights during the night time and that will be my way out!! Not to mention I have stuff to do around here. I can't be at work all the time!:confused:

It was rather quiet here yesterday! Thought i would have more personals to catch up on....

Wendy** So how was the party? Yeah, never mention ideas to kids until you know what the actual plan is b/c they will drive you insane!;)Trust me! LOL That dessert sounded rather yummy! When I went out to supper the other night I was the only one who ordered dessert but of course my mom just starred at it across from the table. Then I had to share....plus she was paying! LOL But i ALWAYS order dessert! And I always leave room for it!

Jacque** Did you get a workout in yesterday? Tell DH we said "happy birthday"!!! hehe!

Alright...hoping to get some reading done at work today. It will be the last day with some down time. I can only do most of my reading in the night time at home and thats only for 2-3 hours. I guess its a good thing that there are no tv shows I am addicted to!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies.

Wow what a last couple of days. Talk about exhausting and yesterday was the worst of the 2 and I was already tired! LOL I was up at 6 and cooking sausage and peppers for the party by 7am! When that was done I started doing more cleaning and was at it for several hours before I made the pasta salad and then back to cleaning and some preparing. DH put a new faucet and drain in our bathroom sink yesterday morning. Needed it desperately and it makes a huge difference in how the bathroom looks! So anyway, company finally starting coming around 2:30 or so. I was in the shower at the time...first chance I had to relax all day up to then! :p We didn't have an empty house until 9pm. I was cleaning up around them so I'd have less to do today and thank goodness pretty much everything is done!
Today all I really need to do it a load or 2 of laundry. :)
DS had a blast and got great gifts. Long day but very much worth it!:):)
Oh, never got that work out in. I started cooking instead and then DOMS set in :eek: and I was tired and busy on top of it so I decided to can it and I do NOT feel guilty about it!:p

Lori:: I probably WOULD have gone back to bed after that start to a day but only cause it was too early to have a drink instead!!! ;) So if you don't like what DD bought you why don't you exchange it?

ETA--->Planning on doing upper body today via Ripped and Chiseled since I skipped it y'day plus some kind of cardio AND a segement of Tonique Mat as well as abs. This way I bang out y'day's missed work out and what's on tap for today all at once! I will probably break it up into 2 sessions though like I did the other day....wish me luck! LOL

BBL!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I was pretty much a lazy sloth most of the day yesterday. But I was feeling guilty about not working out so at 5:30pm I decided to do the Gauntlet and abs. It was a great/sweaty w/o and I burned 735 calories...pretty good huh! The rotation called for HST which I like, but my triceps were still DOMing from bootcamp so I opted for another circuit w/o.

HIS/LIS step is on the rotation for today. Those are not my favorite's. I have to think about every step and therefore do not get a good w/o. I'll probably find another 60 min cardio to do instead. I'm considering MIC. I haven't done this one in a long time.

This morning I come down and there has been another mishap with the coffee pot...and I'm the one that made the coffee last night. This coffee maker is very delicate. If you don't get the pot in the exact right place, coffee grounds are all over the counter, inside the maker and in the coffee. DH is still sleeping so I don't want to be making noise trying to clean it up and start another pot. At least I got my cup!;)

The dr. x-rayed my wrist and hopefully next week I will have an EMG. The EMG will determine for certain if it is carpal tunnel, tendonitis or even arthritis. First is physical therapy which I'm doing now at home but don't see any improvement. Surgery will probably be my best bet. Now I'm hoping I would've gone earlier because I wanted to change insurance mid-year during my DH's annual benefit enrollment.

Wendy-It sounds like Joey had a great birthday! Parties are so much work, good thing they only come around once a year. We only have parties for Jerod now so it's much easier. We always take the kids out to dinner for their birthday. The older boys get dinner and money, they usually do something with their friends. I love doing double w/o's on the weekends!

Lori-sorry you're day had a crappy start! It can only improve right! Sorry DD overspent and bought something you are not thrilled with. It is the thought that counts. I would probably make a point of wearing it every now and then or if it won't hurt her feelings, exchange it for something you do like. Hope the weather is nice for your run today. We had tornado warnings yesterday...rainy and windy. Today it looks pretty nice out.

Jacque-how does your DH feel about turning 50? I wonder if it will have any effect on me. What will you be doing today? You must have a lot of time off to get all these long weekends!;) Call me crazy, but I prefer to take Monday's instead of Friday's off. What do you plan on doing after this rotation? Although I have decided for sure, I'm looking through the rotations for circuits. I'm trying to get my "stress eating" under control which would help a lot. Circuits tend to help me drop weight...maybe mixed in with Insanity!

Laundry and bills are calling my name...bbl

Hey Girls!

4.5 miles on the TM and 4 seg of HST is complete. My day seems to be improving so maybe the mishaps earlier aren't an indication of what my day will be like;)

Wendy** Happy to hear Joey had a great day. I am not sure why we clean before company arrives and then we have to clean up as soon as they leave again! And the mess is always worse after they leave. Im soon not going to clean at all when company is coming. Sweep the floor and make sure I have clean tolits...that's all we really need right? hehe! I can't return what DD bought for me cause there is no where to return it to. It wasn't bought at a franchise and keeping it would be cheaper then buying a plane ticket! And like I said, its not that its ugly...cause its not. Its cute, just not something I would buy myself.

Diana** So I am not alone in coffee disasters today!:eek: Even though I wouldn't wise it on anyone, I am happy I am not alone! LOL DD bought ALOT of clothes...its crazy how many sweaters she has. Im not sure whats up with kids and hoodies these days but my daughter sure won't be cold! Have a good workout!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Hi Girls.

Fly by to say that I finished up HiiT 30/30 a little while ago. I'm showered and ready to head out. Taking Joey to Target to spend some of his B'day money. We were going to go to the park first but decided to do that a bit later to break up the day for him. Tonight we are going to visit DH's cousin for a while so it's gonna be another busy day here it seems! In between all of this I still have Tonique, upper body and abs to finish as well as some laundry to do!!!! :eek:

BBL peeps!

Hi ladies,

I ended up doing Rhythmic Step and LIC abs. I'm pretty sure I need new shoes and wasn't up to the impact of MIC this morning.

Most of my laundry is done and I'm moving on to making a grocery list and probably going shopping later.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.