Damage Control...Monday...BLECH! LOL

Okay. Here I am again. ;)

Sunny: I am all over the board with what I want to do after CLX. NOW I am wondering if I should do concentrate on endurance lifting for 3-4 weeks since CLX is all about heavy weights. I know I plan to swing the bells around for a couple of weeks before I do anything else though. :D I DO want to give NROL4W a fair chance regardless so perhaps I will do that after a short endurance rotation?? Decisions decisions! :p

Okay so today is a toss up between a rest day and some cardio. If I don't rest today I will likely rest tomorrow and then once later in the week. I'm trying to figure out my plan as I type this...:)

So DH went back to work today for a week. Hopefully the week will turn into more but that remains to be seen. One week at full pay is better then nothin' though. He'll take whatever he can get!

Gotta work with the rugrats every day this week. My head is going to explode by friday, I swear! LOL

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick post here. I'm heading down for Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. It's snowing again here-yuck. Not supposed to be much accumulation though.

Wendy-That's great news about DH. Hope it's for much longer than a week. My fingers are crossed and saying a prayer. You are one patient gal to take on the kiddo's all week. Good Luck

BBL

Good Morning!

We had a nice sleep in today:) The phone woke us up at 9:17! I needed a little sleep in. Spending a week at the hospital and hopping right back into work isn't the best scenerio.....but hey....I have to work! Back at it again tonight:( Oh well!

I did a 6 mile run last night:) I followed CC #7 but didn't do the whole thing. I thought 6 miles was plenty and it was going on for 10 o'clock!

I have so much to do here today but I think DS is worse then he was before! Up my butt BIG time!

Anyway.... am all over the place with my weight workouts now and I think this is suppose to be my rest week but b/c I had last week off I think I will do whatever for the next 2 weeks and after our trip I will start at the beginning of STS again.

Wendy** Thats great that DH as a week of work! Hopefully thats a good sign. Enjoy your workout or rest....whatever you decide!

Diana**Have a good workout! I am debating taking my run outside today but it looks cold!

My sister arrives today:) It didn't seem like she was gone very long:rolleyes: I would like to have my workout and everything else done before 2:00. If DS cooperates that shouldn't be a problem......I think its gonna be a problem!:eek:

Lori:)

Morning ladies !

I skipped yesterday which made 2 rest days for me last week - hit a funk about half way through the day and just hit the couch ! :confused: Not sure what the heck was up - but today is another day and I will be doing my Chest, Tri's & shoulders when I get home from work.

Wendy - Woo hoo for working DH ! Will keep fingers crossed way out here in the West for you ! ;) I thought some had compared CLX to STS so did you have an endurance month?

Diana - well y'day (after I had already ordered a weight bench due the the Walmart fiasco) the chic who was supposed to work Fri called to say they got the bench down for me ! :mad: I was soo patient - going back 3 times - so am having it delivered to the house but seems like it will take a couple weeks ! I am ticked - guess it will be a difficult time again with the bench press today.

Lori - good to hear you are still catching up on sleep - give your little guy some time to hang on you after what you all just went through ! He'll get back to "normal" soon and let you type a little ! :p

Have a great day !

MONDAY .. ugh

why is it the weekends fly by and the work week crawls by!! :confused:

Didnt make it online this weekend :eek: LOL .. but I did get my workouts in .. STS legs SAT (and let me add a doosey) .. then STS chest and bis yesterday .. DOMS slight in the buttocks and chest ... We had a dang monsoon SAT .. so after working out I did CLEANMAX on the house .. then DH and I cooked out and watched a movie .. was in bed by 10:00 on a Saturday night :confused: Yesterday was beautiful so we planted flowers and some blueberry bushes .. and cleaned the pool where the wind and rain had trashed it .. then had company last night!!

Lori .. WOOHOOO soooooo glad your little boy is better .. GREAT NEWS .. that is what I wanted to hear!!:D

Wendy .. one rest day down .. WOW I am impressed!! The rest may help that stubborn knee of yours!!!

Di .. more snow?? Yikes .. it is beautiful here .. sunshine and around 70 degrees (sorry dont mean to rub it in :eek:)

Jacque .. I had a similar problem getting my weight rack in .. but finally I have it and hoping DH will get busy and put it together for me!!

Dee Dee .. glad you popped in .... a cruise .. how fun.....

OK .. gotta run ... have a lunch power walk w/SIL ..BBL !!!:D

Hi Ladies,

CST was a goodie this mornin'. I really need to get the bench but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on it right now. I need to pay for our airfare and new tires on DS's car before I put anymore on the CC. I would rather pay as I go and not use the CC if possible. Anyway, I ended up using 35's for chest presses and 30's for flyes. I thought it would be easier to pick up the db's instead of the bb.

Forgot to mention that I got my butt kicked by coach Sean yesterday with PP. I also did 4 sets of 10 rollouts with my wheel and finished up the STS extended stretch. It was a nice w/o. My meltdown class tonight will be my cardio w/o for the day.

Lori-glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you. Have you considered doing the next 2 weeks of STS and then using your vacation as your rest week? It's only 30 degrees, definitely not warm enough for me to run outside.

Jacque-No bench for me yet either. It sure would come in handy. As I mentioned earlier, I need to pay off my cc before I charge more on it. I did order the lifting hooks yesterday and hope those will help with the forearms giving out too soon. I guess since DH doesn't get home until late working out after work is really a good time for you. My DH is home at 4:30 and I'm not there until 6:30. I'm usually starving by the time I get home.

Laura-Planting flowers already??? In Colorado it isn't safe to plant anything outdoors until at least Mother's Day, usually memorial day is best if you can wait that long. We get some late spring freezes that kill our new plants. We are not expecting much snow this time around. My neighborhood had 16" of snow last Thursday. Most of it has already melted.

Happy Monday Ladies!

Good Afternoon Chicas!:D

I started week 2 of the Push phase y'day and will take my first rest day of the week tmrw instead of today I think. I think I want to head to the gym later on and try their "wave" machine. It's a cardio machine that I will use IClimb or CC with. It's no impact like the EXT but the motion goes side to side instead of forward and backward. :D

On Wednesday I will then be due for Push Circuit 2 which I think I will combine with the LM blasts. I will preview the blasts and jot down descriptions of them and do one in between every weight exercise. This should make for a good low impact way to get my interval cardio into the weight routine. :) Centergy class will ofcourse be on Wed night. Thursday I'll do Burn Intervals (high or low impact depending upon my knees). I'll rest again on Friday and then do Push 3 w/ or w/o intervals of cardio (haven't decided yet) on Saturday.

I was thinking of sometimes making Wednesdays an active rest day by only doing Centergy class and then taking a complete rest day another day of the week. I'm just not sure if Centergy is too intense for that or not. :confused: Any thoughts?

So I bit the bullet and pre-ordered Shock Cardio. I couldn't help myself! DH is working this week atleast and I couldn't resist the price and getting the Travel Fit dvd for free with it! We are not struggling with money right now anyway so I figured I might as well and if something happens and we need extra cash I can always cancel it. Nothing to lose IMO! :D

See how a fitness junkie can justify ANY purchase!? ;)

Diana: I am leading by example for you here girl. Now go buy that weight bench! :D You can always return it! ;) I have that ab wheel. I've hardly ever used it. :confused: Perhaps I should dust it off!

Laura: Busy weekend for you! I took two rest days last week already! I am now working on this week! I am implementing a ton of changes to my routine. Hopefully they will spark a fire in me! :) What movie did you and DH watch? Anything you would recommend??

Jacque: 2 rest days for you too? It must be contagious! LOL CLX is not about endurance at all. The rep count never gets above 12! She does go heavier and decrease reps in the PUSH phase as compared to the other 2 phases but the other 2 phases still aren't endurance work outs. The only endurance in the program is the once a week interval work out where she alternates endurance lifting with cardio. That's it.

Lori: So I guess you decided against quitting your job and working at DH's shop F/T? Good job with CC! Stands to reason that DS would be clingy. You just spent a week in the hospital kissing his little tushie so to speak. He is probably thinking that's the way it's gonna be from now on! :eek: You'd better break him of it quick girl or you'll be sorry! :p:D

Okay, that's enough for now. Man did I blab! LOL

I have to leave to pick up DS soon anyway...

TOODLES!

Afternoon Ladies!!

almost 5 oclock .. thank goodness!! SIL is organizing a fundraiser for American Cancer Society Relay for life .. a morning workout to raise money ..she's got someone to teach a beginners step class . . she is teaching an intermediate kickboxing class (she used to instruct) .. and I am going to teach an advanced plyometrics/shaping class .. going to pre-sale tickets to the classes .. should be fun and get to raise money and get one heck of a workout too!! :D Hope we can sell out the class .. it would be embarrassing if we dont :eek: .. made some flyers hopefully my class will want to join in and donate .. they are used to my torture .. several other have told me my reputation has scared them and they are scared to take my class :confused: I guess that is a compliment????

Think I am teaching circuit tonight .. SIL has threatened me if I do any pushups .. she is gonna have to suck it up though .. 'cause the pushups are inevitable!! LOL

Di .. yeah everyone is planting now .. DH has got to start our garden .. we may have another cool snap .. but think the frost is gone .. our spring does not last long .. in fact by the end of April it will be HOT ... will feel like summer!! (usually)

Wendy we watched "Taken" .. it was EXCELLENT .. one of the best movies I have ever seen ..

OK chicks .. gotta jet ... have a great night!!!:D

Laura: Aaaahhhh! AWESOME movie for certain! :D Glad you enjoyed it!

I am back from the gym. I used the cardio wave machine with IClimb 1/20 minutes. Can we say INNER THIGHS!??!! :eek::eek::eek: Oh the pain...but it hurt so good! ;) I was surprised. I really thought it would target my outer thighs more but hey, I'm not complaining as my inner thighs are one my biggest complaints (along with my larger sized calves) when it comes to my legs! :eek: There's a bit of a learning curve involved in using this machine for the first time so I don't think tonight's cardio factor was quite what it has the potential to be. I will keep at it though! I think I will alternate this and the EXT or perhaps if I am doing a longer work out I will do half and half in one session. So much fun! :p

Good night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.