Damage Control December...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone.

I've been hemming and hawing about my work outs for the next 2 days but I think I finally have a plan....yoga (8:30 class this morning) and a run (this afternoon) today and weights (upper or full, not sure yet) and a run tomorrow before I leave.

Oh my do I have some nice lower body DOMS this morning! Yoga and a run should be FUN today. LOL

I never posted my eats from y'day. They were fine EXCEPT for the cookie binge I went on in the afternoon before my work out. :eek: By the time I was done exercising though I was over the guilt so it's all good. :)

Dinner at my mom's on Sunday was pure EVIL! It was ALL FRIED and/or FATTENING FOODS! YIKES! She had fried chicken, fried fish, french fries and mac-n-cheese. :eek: Obviously portion control was the only way to handle THAT meal. :confused:

Jen: So glad you are atleast allowed to consume the CABS during recovery! So how much wine didja' have last night? ;) I finished off my bottle of Pinot Grigio last night while play GHWT but it was barely half a glass. Phooey! LOL I need to get to the store PRONTO! :D

Ang: Nope, no AOS dvds from Santa. I plan to get Newport for myself one day though. You can count on that! You asked me when I am going to start...I have to assume you mean a KB rotation?? If so, I have begun using my kb's already but am shooting from the hip for now since I am heading down to Atlantic City for NYE and could possibly be there through Sunday! :D The only exercise I will get while there is running if I'm lucky. When I get back I will start an "official" kettlebell rotation. ;) Have fun on NYE no matter what ya do. Do me a favor though and try to stay up until atleast 10 okay? LOL I posted on your thread in the OF so go take a peek. Yes, practice definately makes perfect with the bells. I bruised my forearms at first but I don't anymore. Keep tryin'...you'll get it. Wait until you try a snatch for the first time! *insert evil grin here* :p

K, guess that's all for now but I'll be back!

Last edited:
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

Wendy, I only had half a glass of Merlot last night...but it was one of those oversized giant goblet style red wine glasses ;):p:D You know the ones that fit half a bottle of wine if you actually filled the glass? Followed that up by passing out on the couch by nine o'clock and then sleeping until almost nine o'clock this morning. That was just what the doctor ordered. So what are your New Year's Eve plans? Did I read that there's a trip to AC in the future for you? Oh how I wish I could meet you there!

Ang, I know exactly what you're talking about re: surgeons and their egos. I think they have God complexes. But I have to tell you, while they aren't necessarily the most personable people generally, if I've got to have someone open me up and move half my insides around, I think I'd prefer a person with extreme confidence in his belief that he can do it. Certainly don't want a "nervous Nellie" in there, worried about putting me back together correctly :D When do your kids go back to school? Celebratory CABS will def be in order that night!

Hello to everyone else! Will be in and out today. SO and I are going to look at a house we're interested in this morning! I'm cautiously optimistic. Will BBL to report.

Jen

Hi Ladies,

The wind has been terrible here and kept us awake most of the night. We heard a loud noise early this morning and DH thought it might've been one our skylights crashing through. Jerod had a friend spend the night so DH went to make sure nothing fell on them. Fortunately we did not hear a skylight breaking, unfortunately I realized the boys are sleeping in my workout area.:mad: I specifically told them to sleep in the family room but they are in the basement in my w/o area. I'm so mad! DH said to wake them up.

I wanted to get my workout in early as we are heading to MIL's for brunch this morning. Amanda and the girls are leaving tonight. I will be spending the day with them. DH and I spent the day with them yesterday at our house. I hate that we are the strangers. They've warmed up to us and gave me lots of kisses.

CLX should be delivered today! I have no idea how I'm going to fit all these new workouts together. I still have Providence to try. I'm considering doing the CLX program but have not committed to that yet.

Wendy-I'm kinda playing by ear too as far as my workouts are concerned. Even with the kb's I think traditional weight training is needed. Is that true? I felt like my bi's & tri's weren't worked as much as say the shoulders, back, chest, abs and legs. Don't get me wrong, Newport kicked my butt yesterday and I'm not kidding. I was whipped and needed those 1 min rests between rounds.

Jen-glad you don't have to give up your CAB's during recovery. So once you are recovered from this last surgery you have to go have it done again. Will you be out of work for another 6 weeks with that surgery? Hope the house hunting goes well for you.

Angie-Have you tried Newport yet? It's a toughie! I only have a 20# KB and had to sub lighter db's for a few excercises. I do think a heavier KB is in order for swings. Good luck finding a bike.

Time is running out. I'm going to wake up the boys so I can do step blast this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Top o' the morning to all you ladies ! :D

Finished up DM Ultra Cardio Blast ! UGH ! All the drills twice and I was doggin' it after the first round each time. Kept on truckin' though and feel great ! Two days before a day off for NYrs and we usually get off early the day before. If . . . if I don't take Friday off then I'll try Clean Max in my office. :eek:

BBIAB to catch up - sending < < < win big > > > vibes to Laura ! :p

Hi Girls.

Back from the gym and had a slight change in plans. I remembered that there is a yoga class offered this evening as well so I reversed my plan. I ran this morning (5.5 miles) and will take tonight's yoga class. Makes more sense to me doing it that way.

Jacque: DM ultra cardio blast has got to be killer! I've done the regular cardio premix but not ultra. I don't know if I'll EVER do ultra! LOL Good job! I'm hopin' you get outta work early tmrw! Any plans for the Eve? :)

Jen: Ooooohhhh, looking at a house! How fun! I remember doing that! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for ya! Perhaps you'll be able to keep yourself busy with the details of a home purchase while you are recovering! :) Love the big wine glass idea! I'm gonna hafta get me one of those! Yeah, DH and I are going down to AC with my mom and her SO until atleast friday and possibly until sunday. It's always a good time! C'mon down girl! All you need to be able to do is drink and sit in front of a table or slot machine and you'll have a blast too! :D

Diana: Enjoy your last day with your girls. I hope you get to see them again soon. There are differences of opinnion as to wether or not you need regular weight training along with bells. I personally would never abandon regular weight training but I'll bet there are those out there that have and are in excellent condition. I see nothing wrong with focusing on a bells only program for a few weeks to a month though. I did that before. If you make a point of adding in extra bicep exercises then they will get worked just fine with the bells. You can do crush curls or curls with two hands holding the handle of the bell instead of the body. I did curls with my 30# bell and wowzers did I feel it! No traditional weights needed there!:eek:

Off to grab food and a shower...BBIAB

Oh my poor achin' legs! They were already sore this morning and now that I've run they hurt even MORE! I have another run on tap for tmrw too! YIKES! :eek:

Hello??

(((Hello??)))

OMG I think I hear an echo in here

(((OMG I think I hear an echo in here)))

Is anyone around?

(((Is anyone around?)))

Where did everyone go?

(((Where did everyone go?)))

:p

Wendy, you crack me up!!

So I'm back from my house hunting excursion, and also had a visit with my nurse. Now I'm beat :rolleyes:

The house was gorgeous! I'm totally in love with it, but SO is being rather quiet and reserved. He loves it, too, but I think he's trying to reel in my excitement so that I'm not too disappointed if we can't get it for what we want to pay for it. Plus, he wants to look at others so as not to look to anxious over this one. I, on the other hand, am all hot and bothered to just put in an offer! I'm reluctantly deferring to his wisdom and desire to employ caution, though, and following along :(.

Wendy, sitting and drinking are two things I can actually still do!! Sounds like just the getaway I need right now. Maybe I'll convince SO to take me to Foxwoods this weekend (which is no difficult task...his bag is packed before I can get the words out of my mouth.) Not sure I could handle the overnight though. I'm sending you wishes of good luck and BIG wins! Are you still planning on yoga tonight, aching legs and all?

Diana, yep, the next surgery will also require six weeks of recovery because it has to be done as a laparotomy. Thank God my boss is so understanding. I'll probably only be back for three months before I have to go out again for another six weeks. I'm kind of anxious to get it over with. So were you able to clear the boys out of your workout area in time to get one in this morning? I would have been aggravated, too.

Jacque, holy drillmax, batman! Great workout! I'm tired just thinking about it. Allow me to cast my vote for you to take Friday off!!!

I should probably start thinking about supper, huh? I have no desire to cook tonight. Maybe I should start thinking of ways to get out of it instead ;)

BBIAB~

Jen

OK - back here while eating my lunch: grilled marinated pork tenderloin with the Costco blend of frozen Stir Fry veggies w/a splash of low sodium soy sauce. Yummy ! I am starved ! :p

Wendy - your w/o plans sound good ! Guess today went quite well if you have wobbly leggies ! :rolleyes: Am I remembering you are going to AC this weekend? (I'd be surprised if I did remember correctly . . . But then saw I did remember when I got to the end of your post - yea me ! :p). LOLing at the Fried Sunday dinner ! Is she a Mom that doesn't like skinny children? I always laugh when people tell me that I need to fatten up. Oh well, healthy is the term I look for. And the old fried foods sure taste good ! But I leave them for DH when we go out and then steal a bite here and there.

I took a bottle of Pinot Grigio to the Nephew Bday party the other and I only got about a glass and a half - guess it was good ! I am really liking the flavor these days.

OK - so really, what is the answer to not bruising your forearms during a snatch? That is what kept me from going back the last time. Please do tell . . . Also LOL at doing bicep work with the KB's. Mine got sore holding the stability ball today !:eek:

No plans for NYE - we usually just hang at home and go to sleep like good old people do ! I do believe there is a Sharks game on - will probably get out a good hunk of red meat and grill up a storm. Or just relax . . . I am in need of that right now. Hope you win lots too.

Jen - LOL at the "size" of your wine glass. <<<starts wondering how big Wendy's 1/2 glasses are now . . . :eek:). Merlot is my choice for red, sometimes a Pinot Noir. Great you got lots of sleep ! Nothing better for a healing body. Hope the house hunt went well. So is it going really well with SO? How long have you been together? (No need to answer if you don't want to - yes I can get nosy !). I just love a good love story. ;)

Diana - sorry to hear you were kept awake by the winds. I had a DH who helped me stay awake !:mad: I was actually starting my workout by 5:30 since I hadn't been asleep for over an hour. So Jerod didn't listen to where you wanted him to sleep, huh? They only have so long before they can't irritate you I guess they get it all in while they can. So didya wake 'em up. If it were me, I would have done something that would have scared the eebie jeebies out of them for a good laugh on them. Just ask my kids - I am just that way . . . ;)

Hope the visit with the girls went well - maybe next year you will see them more? Good to hear they are giving you kisses - nothing better !

OK - now what is CLX? I tried a search on the forums but couldn't find anything.

Jacque: CLX is Chalean Extreme by Beach Body. It is their newest program. As for snatches. It took me a while to get a handle on them and I can only do them with a light bell (15#). It is hard to explain how to avoid bruising but I will try. Begin doing your snatch, once the bell is in the high pull position (bell about shoulder or chin level, arm bent at elbow) you need to then punch your arm straight up in the air/overhead while holding the handle firmly so that the bell slides backwards on to your arm gently instead of slamming down thus creating pain and bruising. Was that any help at all!? :eek: Yes, I am going to AC for NY's. We leave tmrw afternoon and will come back at some point between friday afternoon and sunday afternoon. Our date/time of departure is dependent upon alot of different things so only time will tell. LOL

Jen: So are ya headin' to Foxwoods or what? :D Glad you liked the house. You and your SO remind me of myself and my husband when we were house hunting. He was the level headed one and I was the one who wanted to jump in with both feet as soon as I found a house I liked. :p

Hey Jen - we posted about the same time I guess ! (It took me a while to finish 'cuz I was reading at the same time !). Oh how exciting about the house. Hope it works out for the best, whichever way that goes . . . I do have to say that I think when you see a house you know it is right. But then you have to do your homework and check out all the variables and then see if the $ part works for you. So hard when you find one you like . . .

Wendy - thanks for the CLN explanation - I've seen that all over but not with the acronym used. And thanks for the KB snatch tip. It does make sense - my hand strength is not great as I get older and I do remember trying to hold it tight. Do you think it works just as well with a lower weight that I could possibly hold tighter or does the move require a pretty heavy bell?

I'm just about ready to go work on dinner: Cream of asparagus soup with leftover Xmas ham and fresh potato rolls. The rolls will be more for DH - but I am thinking they will make excellent slider buns and I just got some hamburger on sale ! ;) Hmmmm . . . that just may be tomorrow's din din.

Have a nice night - am contemplating opening a bottle of the CAB's instead of having MGD 64 tonight. Anyone joining me tonight? P.S. I only have regular sized wine glasses. :p

Jacque, I'm way ahead of you actually. I finished off the bottle of Merlot a little while ago ;) Dinner sounds deeelicious.

Wendy, Now I'm not so sure about Foxwoods! I might be saving for a new house, after all :p I appreciate him being level headed and everything, but is it so bad to be a little excited?? Geez...you'd think we were thinking about jumping off a cliff or something :rolleyes: Doesn't want to overpay, doesn't want to let emotions get the better of us, blah blah blah... Hello??? With all the serious stuff we have to deal with in life, why not just enjoy the fun stuff, ya know? But I put on my best persuasive powers tonight and I think I convinced him to see things from my angle ;) We'll see.

Hi Ladies-

I did kick the boys outta my workout area this morning and did step blast. Then it was off to MIL's to spend the day with my granddaughters. I had a great day and will post some pictures soon.

The eating has been terrible, full of carbs (and not the good ones). I eat much better when I'm working as I prepare my meals ahead of time. The eating is getting a little better but leaves much to be desired. I have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies so there are no excuses, especially since the company has left.

CLX arrived today and I love the packaging and the userguide etc. The dvd's appear to have some scratches on them so I will have play them all to make sure they work. I'm still considering starting with a CLX rotation but I want to try Providence before I move on to something else. The userguide has a section for before/after photos, weights used for particular exercises etc so it is very easy to track your progress. I just breifly looked at the recipe book and it seems to have some good recipes.
I was hoping to preview a few of them tonight but Jerod is waiting for me to watch a movie with him.

I forgot to mention a section of our backyard fence came loose in the wind last night. DH is not too happy he has to spend his vacation fixing the fence as well as shingles blown off the roof. He said he still needs to asses the roof and see how bad it is.

Jacque-wow drillmax X2, I've never done that premix. I've a hard time holding the ball in that drill for the entire time. I'm sure I'd have to put it down the second time through. Great Job!! My favorite drills are number 5 and 6, the hops and skips and the football runs-squat thrusts, tuck jump and over the step!!

Jen-glad you liked the house. IA w/Jacque you will know when the right one comes along. When we found our house, they already had a contract but hadn't accepted it yet. We offered more than the asking price as we had no idea what the other folks had offered. We got lucky and I love my house. Of course it needs updating but I still have 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, full basement and 3 car garage. I really can't ask for much more. Oh, and it was a model home with all the upgrades. You made me laugh-sit and drink are two of the things you can still do!:)

Ang-where are you miss??

Hi Dee Dee, Shirl, and Laura-hope you are winning.

Good Night

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.