Daily Check In Tuesday 8/22

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
G'morning Fit Women!:)

I'm still under the weather-not yesterday's issue but just feeling generally cr@ppy. I thought I was getting better but it resurfaced last night. :-( It's not BAD so I've been trying to avoid resting from my work outs. If it doesn't go away soon though I guess I will have to take a few days off or risk REALLY getting sick and that is NOT what I want!

For those of you who don't know, I got a job yesterday! I was hired at my gym as a part-time daycare attendant. I'll be working 2-3 three hour morning shifts per week. After 3 months there my gym membership is free and I get a raise. The pay is minimal but it's not a hard job, it gets my foot in the door at the gym and if I like it enough to stay-it's worth the free membership! Not to mention the fact that I can bring Joey and I know he'll have a blast!:+ Oh and the best part! All gym employees are going to be required (brand new policy) to take one group class per week and you get friggin' paid for it! How much better can life get, I ask!?! LOL :+

So anyway...on to my work out for today. I'm going to make another attempt at the gym. Not sure what I want to do yet though...

Good (?) Morning Everyone,

Wendy , way to go on the job. Like Phyllis, I think it sounds like the best of both worlds! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Don't have a clue what workout I'll do today. I'm still sore from doing Slim & Lean Sunday!!}(

Last night I got basically NO sleep. Tossed & turned for hours, then got up for the day at 2:45. I've been watching TV since.
Looking on the bright side , I'm practically caught up on all the shows I had TiVo'ed !:eek:

Will post again after I workout.

Hey Becky!

You still have DOMS from S&L!? Oh girl, I am sooo happy to hear that! }( :+ :7

I think you gave me your insomnia issues! I've never had so much trouble sleeping in my life!:p

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

This morning for me is MM.

Wendy: I hope you feel better soon. I'm starting to have cardio withdrawal :eek: , but I'm hanging in there. I think I will have to tighten up my diet some.

Phyllis: Great workout.

Becky: I'm sorry you didn't sleep well and I hope tonight is a better night for you.

Susan: Great workout yesterday!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I'm trying out Slim and Lean for the first time soon as I finish my coffee. (shivering at the thought that Becky still has DOMS from Sunday) YIKES! Wish me luck!
Hope you sleep better tonight Becky!

I hope you feel better Wendy. When does your new job start? That set up sounds great to me! Good for you!

Hi Tammy! I'm tightening up my diet too after a summer of basically eating too much crap! I'm getting my hip xrayed cause something is wrong w/ my leg and I'm hoping it's not going to effect my cardio! Guess we'll find out in a couple days! x(

Hi Phyllis and All to follow!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kali, I'll be starting my job over the next couple of weeks-probably the first week of Septmeber. The supervisor is working on the schedule right now so once she gets it completed, she will let me know. :) Have fun with S&L! I think you will be "sorely" surprised!;) :+ :7 }(

Hi everyone!! I got IMax 3 in the mail yesterday. I tried one of the premixes yesterday. The step portions. Looks like I have to learn some new footwork. I am looking forward to doing the whole workout soon. Is this workout one of the intense ones that you need 48 hours to recovery after doing?

Yes, Kathy. You need to give your body a few days to recover from such an intense work out. You really shouldn't do interval work outs more than 2x per week anyway.

HTH!:)

Hello ladies,

Today I have lowmax scheduled and will not get it in till tonight sometime, but I determined I will get it in! I have to take dd shopping then take her to practice and a dinner tonight.

Wendy-OMG! that is the perfect job!! Have fun girl!

kim

Wendy,

I forgot to tell you I bought Ripped to the Core the other day. Can't wait to get it.
Sorry I passed on my insomnia to you.:( You could've come over last night since we were both up all night anyway! How's Joey this morning?

Kali......Have fun ! Hope you have plenty of Icy Hot nearby!!}(

I decided to take advantage of the beautiful morning and head outside for a walk. Then maybe I'll add on a litle yoga.

Hope everyone has a great day!:D

Daily Check-in

Good morning! It just dawned on me that I have not checked in since last Thursday. Friday was a rest day. I went to the club Saturday morning and jogged in the pool. My cycle started over the weekend and is kicking my butt this month. I was sidelined with intense cramps Sunday, but it was a planned rest day anyway. I am feeling wiped out again this morning, but part of that is the result of a celebration last night. The morning after sugar is never pretty.

I am faithfully completing my Bible study every morning, which really helps with my focus and outlook in general. I did Kick, Punch, & Crunch yesterday morning.

I had a big breakthrough last night. I was feeling insecure about returning to the club, and thoughts and feelings of not belonging there or here or anywhere continued to torment me last week. The mental part of this journey is so much tougher than the physical part. I am determined to not allow thoughts and feelings to rule over me, so I kept pressing on. I started feeling “at home” there again last night. I went after work to jog in the pool with my friend Rebecca. Many of my friends were there last night. It was comforting to see familiar faces again. The club director patted me on the back and joked about my return. I also realized that I am very hard on myself. I saw a friend in the locker room who wanted to see pictures of my niece. She is a doll! I pulled out the photo album that I keep with me. It fell open to a picture of me at my top weight. Renee did not know me 3 years ago when I started this journey. She was blown away. It is easy for me to be distracted by how big I still am and forget how huge I was back then. My waist is 10" smaller than it was 3 years ago, and each thigh is 4" smaller. I am only halfway to goal, but that old Heather is gone forever. I look nothing like her anymore. When I started this journey, my doctor told me to prepare myself for the reality that it might take 4-5 years to reach my goal. It appears that he was right on target.

In my excitement last night, I promised one of the regular members of my friend’s cardio boot camp class that I will return to class next Wednesday. I made a commitment to attend that class once a month. What on earth was I thinking?! I may regret it next week, but it will be a good challenge for me and a good monthly progress check. This is a cardio boot camp class that is like Cathe’s Boot Camp, High Step Training, and IMAX3 combined. It is an extremely challenging workout. Thankfully, the club has a suspended wood floor that cushions the impact.

I started celebrating my birthday a few days early. My actual birthday is not until Friday, but Rebecca treated me to homemade key lime pie at Cheddar’s last night. I ate until I was satisfied and left the rest on the table. It was tart and refreshing, but I do not need the leftovers in my home. I know that this will be a week of celebration, so I am enjoying treats in moderation. Emphasis on moderation.

I am thinking about focusing on cardio and circuit training workouts this week. I need to burn all these calories I am eating! I received a shipping notice yesterday, and my new DVDs will be here just in time for my birthday! :7 Speaking of new DVDs, I started previewing the Hardcore Series workouts that were given to me as a gift. Low Max and High Step Challenge look like fun! I had a lightbulb moment while previewing the boot camp blast section of Kick Max that inspired some great ideas for getting a more intense workout from all my Cathe DVDs without compromising my joints. I will share more about this soon.

Susan, welcome back! I missed you while you were on vacation. :)

Nancy, welcome to the check-in! :)

Honeybunch, it inspires me to see someone remain strong through a trial. If you keep checking in here, you might inspire me to do pushups. ;-) I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy, congratulations on the new job! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Wendy, I really am excited for you! :D . Phyllis, I love that workout.
Becky, I'm sorry to hear about your insomnia. Tammy and Kali, good luck with your eating goals. I'm SOOO with you on that. Kathy and Kim, I don't know how you do that step stuff, but good going! I can't follow a step routine to save my life.

I tried GS BSB last night for the first time and LOVED it!! The variety keeps it so interesting. Unfortunately, my lower back was hurting before I started, and the concentration curls were very uncomfortable for my lower back. I need to stay away from the strength stuff today to let my lower back heal.

I still have DOMS from doing Coremax on Sunday.
-Nancy

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning,

Sorry I am late, lots to do here at work today.

Wendy, congratulations, it sounds like a great environment for you, I hope you enjoy it.

Today was CK and ab hits from CTX kickboxing. I think I am starting to like CK better than KPC, don't know why..

Have a great day!

Ok. I did it. I did S&L w/ 3&5# dumbbells. I FELT THE BURN! Woohoo!
I felt good afterwards so I did RS Challenge x2 to loosen everything up. Now sitting here for not even 10 min. I am beginning to understand. I think I will get that Icy hot out NOW Becky!

DOMS are setting in already Wendy! x( :-( :7:7:7

Glad you're listening to your body Nancy. DOMS from Coremax. Good for you Girl!

Hi Kathy and Conni!

Off to eat and get my x-ray. Have a good morning all to follow!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

This AM I did PUB and a 30 minute TM run. I will probably do some elliptical work tonight while reviewing lecture notes.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Becky

Good morning gals!

It is nice to see this place alive again. It has seemed people were not posting as much. I am sore from my 6 miler yesterday. I think I will take a break from running today and do Imax 2 and leg work. I find that when I run that is all I do, I get obsessed with it. I am such an all or nothing gal.

Heather, it is so nice to read your post. You posts are always so lovely and well thought. You should be so proud of all the progress you have made.

Wendy, Congrats on the new job. Sounds el perfecto!

Well, don't have time for all the personals, but have a great day ladies and great workouts:)

Susan

Hey everyone.

Couldn't go to the gym today as Joey is still a bit sick so I just finished a step mish-mosh of Imax 3 step combos only, SJP step only and Step Blast Challenge (no blasts though). It was fun.

Susan, I am the same way. I am a bit obesessed with running myself these days! LOL Actually, I'm obsessed with THE GYM too!}( I've been neglecting poor Cathe sooo badly lately but I made up for it a bit today I think. ;)

Great work outs everyone!

Congratulations on the job Wendy!! Nice way to combine earning a little spending money and not having to pay to workout.

I did CIA Cardio Camp in its entirety today all 70 min. of it. It is high/lo and kickbox workout with a non weighted legwork (similar to Cathe's legwork at the end of Kick Max) at the end. It is one really good sweat producing workout. I also did PS triceps using heavier weights. Also I am have shin splints from my walk yesteday and still did the legwork today, I am going to be one hurtin' momma come later today. I wanted to walk again tomorrow I guess it will depend on how I feel, sigh.

I am trying to increase my intensity, variety and length this week since we aren't doing school this week and we leave for Colorado next week so I need to get some extra time in on my workouts. Plus my cycle is due and my weight is up but I am pretty sure it is due to my cycle needing to come.

Hope you all have a great day!!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.