Daily Check In * * *Monday 8.25

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone

Up bright and early and back to school!! today. back to waking up at 4:45!!!!:eek: :( Oh well, summer was great, and back to the grind.....

Off to do HCE#3 without the leg drills

Phyllis~ how'd you do with the pushups? I think this challenge is definately do-able:)

Have a great day all!!!!

Good Morning !

Hi Deanie ! Good luck with back to school today !:)
It is also my youngest's (DD) first day as a senior !!!!!:eek:
I'm sure she won't be thrilled when I wake her up in an hour .:(

Yesterday we had fantastic news. I went with my other daughter for yet another advanced ultrasound. She is expecting baby #2 in December and there had been some scares. First they found cysts in his brain (we are told now are harmless) and during a check on THAT , they found a possible problem in his heart ! Yesterday we were told that is harmless too. It used to be a marker for Downs syndrome, but no longer is and everything else looks normal ! Thank God !
What a relief !

Deanie would you believe that yesterday (day one of week 3 ) in the challenge I eeked out (and I mean, just BARELY) 99 pushups ?!?!?!:eek::eek:
OMG! I am doing level 3 , but honestly think I might have to drop down to 2. Yesterday was a HUGE CHALLENGE and I almost didn't make it.
I did take longer breaks to towards the end.
But I did it !
Am NOT looking forward to tomorrow though !!!:confused:

Today is Imax and abs. Think I'll sub with another cardio. CC or another step.

Have a great day !

Becky

G'Morning Deanie, Becky & All who follow!

Deanie I started that PU challenge yesterday also and boy do I have a ways to go but I did them and all on my toes! At one point I was tempted to finish on my knees but didn't :)

Yesterday my house was so blissfully quiet as all 3 of my kids were at school and I was finally able to concentrate for once without all the chaos lol.

Would you believe even with the kids on break I was still getting up early? :confused: but thats how it goes

Becky wow 99 PU! You go girl! You motivated me to start myself.
Good news about the grandbaby. My middle child DS soon to be 16 this coming Monday is a Junior this year. I still can not get over the fact that I have one in college and next year my DS will be a senior and my baby girl will be entering middle school wahhhh:(

Today I have LIS scheduled but I really want to do another CC but since I did CC v6 yesterday not sure if I should do another run on the TM.
Lately I've just not been feeling Cathe's cardios.

Hope all have a Terrific Tuesday!

picture.php

Morning ladies. Would you believe I have doms in my lats from the shoulder work in LIS? It's kinda wierd, but I was going pretty heavy in the overhead presses. I matched Cathe, and it was really tough for me.

Yea, I started the pushup challenge and did fine. I was able to do them all on my toes. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm always strong on Mondays after a sleeping a little longer on the weekend. But so far, I agree with you Deanie - definitely do able!

Becky, I am SOO happy for you!:D I know you are feeling incredibly relieved about your daughter and grandbaby.
Did you do all 99 on your toes???

Ah, Vilma, I know how you feel. I'm very emotional when it comes to my kids growing up also. I tend to think of every little thing as a mile markerer. Ya know, thie is the last kid to do_____(fill in the blank with your choice of activities), or the last one to go through ____ . Heavy sigh, I understand how you feel.

I was supposed to do IMAX and abs today but I stayed up late watching the finale of Dexter, 2nd season (on demand) so I was tired this morn. Try again tomorrow. :)

Anybody heard from Tammy?

Phyllis,

Yes, every pushup on my toes ! :D:eek:

I do the same thing with the kids and today DH came into the kitchen and said "today's a LAST" ..... I asked him what he was talking about and he said "a last first day of school "
and while he was humming happily about it and even adding....."after many, many years of first day of school.......NO MORE !"
and it REALLY made me sad!:(
All through elementary school I took pictures of all the kids at the bus stop on the first day , with their backpacks and lunches and new outfits and sometimes nametags.
Then , as the kids got older I still made mine get their picture taken inside before they went out (so they wouldn't die of embarressment!:eek:)
Still do ! ;) Hope DD is ready to smile & said CHEESE! ha:p
And so dh's comments actually made this day harder.:(

ANYWAY.......................
I did abs 1 & 2 from Amy's abs/stretch.
Will do an itread or CC when DD leaves in a few minutes.

Becky

Becky, I used to do the picture thing too! I always got moans and groans from the kids! I was sad last year when it was only the 2 girls. I almost wanted to take a pic of the 3 of them before he left for college! This is the last one for DD(a sr). Heavy sigh. :(

Good morning everyone,

Glad for all your good news Becky, that is very gratifying to hear.

It is Tuesday, isn't it??? Okay, I feel better now.

One more day until DS starts school, and I have mixed feelings. Summer went so quickly, and he is so much fun to have around, I really will miss the carefree summer attitude!

I received both of the new Amy dvds yesterday, and did a short preview of ASC 3. I am going to just love this one. I almost don't want to try it yet, and savor the anticipation, but I know I will cave soon.

Today I did my cardio - Seasun's RSS. I just wanted to do something familiar.

Have a great day.

All this talk about back to school....Our kids went back on the 13th!!!!!! ACK!

I am on day 3 of week one w/ the pushups and am actually excited to see how many I'll be able to do. I've been telling people about this so it helps make me accountable! I can't WAIT to do 99! Becky, what was what was your test number?

Today will be strength work. Planning on doing more 1RM testing, pushups and crunches. I actually think that will be enough!

I've worked for Weight Watchers as leader for just over 10 years with about 50 pound off. I am gearing up to try to lose about 10 -15 more pounds . I'm at the top of the weight range and am hoping to get more centralized! (Where I was in my 30s!) I'll weigh in right after Labor Day and join in their Lose for Good Challenge. They are actually donataing a dollar for every pound members (and staff) lose to charities up to a million! Thought it was a good time to push myself! (saying it out loud helps make me accountable! I'll let you know how it goes!).......I hate making myself accountable!!!!

We find out a little more about hubby's horrible new work schedule today. I keep expect someone to jump out and yell, "Psych! just kidding!" Unfortunately, that won't be happenning. I just need to adjust and remember to be thankful that he has a job! Way too many don't!

I'll check back after my workout! Have a great day!

Terri

Hi all

Finished HCE#3!! whew!

Becky~ glad all is well with DD's pregnancy! sometimes too much info is no good! Happy first day to your senior!! can't imagine- mine are 7th and 3rd grade! 99 pushups?!?!? WTG!!! After seeing the new STS clip, I'm wondering if there is a challenge for chinups!! Cathe does 12:eek: :eek: !!

Vilma~ great job with the pushups! I like that we are all in it together- good motivation;) Glad you enjoyed the first day of school yesterday!

Phyllis~ Great job with the pushups! Enjoy your rest day, Imax is the hardest Imax, IMO, I think you need to be "mentally" there to do it!!

Conni~ enjoy your last day of the summer!

waves to Terri!! we were posting at the same time:)

On the intial pushup test I did 22 .

I just finished CC vol. 6, challenge 1 & 3 and then added on some light jogging to make it a 60 min. workout.
Just felt like listening to my own music and doing my own thing toward the end.

Phyllis, yes, moans & groans from kids here too. Now poor DD just knows she has to do it to make mom happy and she just wants to get it over with fast !;)

Deanie, the time just flies by ! Actually, it's scary just how fast !

Connie, like you, I throughly enjoy my time with my daughter. She is so much fun and has been my easy child. I really miss her when she's gone.

Time for a protein smoothie and shower !

Ok, so this is actually Tuesday's check in with Monday's date right?!?:confused:

It so... I did LL warm up, then did CTX chest work, Power Hour chest work minus push ups then did 20 min. of Hardcore Kickbox Circuit minus the circuit part.

My weight is up again so I need to get it back down.

Have a great day!!

I feel like an overcooked noodle! I did my pushups, 220 various crunces then did a bunch of 1 RM testing. WOW! Just doing that is a MAJOR workout!

DH took the pushup test and could only start w/12. He was FRIED after day one today. Have to say I am really glad he is doing this. I sometimes worry about him. he is slightly, about 15-20 pounds overweight which I don't care about only in as much as there is a history of diabetes in his family and I want him to be healthy!

I'm going to head oi the chiropractor. Need my neck and lower back adjusted. Hopefully that will help me out for a good workout tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.