CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JUNE 24, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I will do cardio today, not sure what yet?

I will be back to report my workout and personals!

Have a great workout and day, everyone!

Today was cardio and I did Kick, Punch & Crunch. I skipped the very last kick/punch combo because I ran out of time. Need to get to work a bit earlier today. Had a good workout, haven't done this one in a while.

HR STATS:
54 minutes total
10 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
29 minutes above zone
423 calories burned

Hallo girls,

It was to hot outside, I went to the gym and did CCV5 on the TM. Haven't ran on the TM in a long time, lol! I ran 4.5 miles, should have gone for the other 1/2 mile:D tomorrow will do D6 legs, don't wonna burn out my poor legs:p

Nice job, Debbie on KPC today.

I will shower than walk the dogs. I will be back later.

Hi ladies. This morning DH and I ran 3.2 miles. We actually ran at a pretty good clip completing the run right at 25 mins. I am thinking of doing some sort of high rep, compound circuit after work - like drop squats with tricep extensions, rear lunges with bicep curls - something like that. We'll see. Just playing around (though most people wouldn't consider that fun or playing LOL).

Debbie - KPC always runs longer than I remember. I usually skip the first intermediate combo and go straight to the drills then I have time for all 3 advanced combos (love the last one).

Belinda - nice job! Oh, and I do drink a ton of water (at least 64 oz at work not including what I drink during and after workouts). But I think I'm likely dehydrated in the morning as I'm obviously not drinking water throughout the night. That's my guess anyway.

Nora - sounds like you're feeling better (I hope).

Jessica - good job with the blow-off-steam run! Hope you rock the 5K tonight.

Jo - what have you been up to???? Good luck tonight too!

Chris - did you immediately do the turbo workouts when they arrived? :eek:

Melissa - what's in store for you today?

Good Morning,

I woke up at 6 reset my alarm for 7 but just couldn't go back to sleep so I got up to workout and then I did tomarrows workout instead of yesterdays, so this morning was CLX Burn Circuit 3 and then tonite will be Burn Intervals and Ab Burner.

Sumo Squat w/ Overhead Press-10lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs).
Lunge w/ Calf Raise-12lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs).
Squat w/ Lateral Raise-8lbs/12 reps.
Lunge w/ Frontal Press-10lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs).
Squat w/ Calf Raise-15lbs/12 reps (up 3lbs).
Sumo Squat w/ Delt Raises-8lbs/ 12reps.
Lunge w/ Lateral Raise-5lbs/12 reps 6 on each side.
Sumo Squat w/ Calf Raise-15lbs/10 reps (up 3lbs down 2 reps).

Stats:
31 min
29 in the zone
171 min hr
215 cals burned.

Debbie-good job on your workout.

Heather-you are better at drinking water than I am.

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Jessica-yeah on getting the abs done. I drank 2 bottles and 1 glass of water yesterday.

Melissa-did you do abs?

Hey Girls!

I'm excited, got Turbo Fire late yesterday afternoon, and I'm jumping into it this morning! Going to do Turbo Fire 30 and then 4DS Legs & Core, and hopefully the Stretch 10 that comes after TF 30!!! :eek:

Belinda: Nice run today!!! How's the DOMS going? You're so funny feeling so guilty about the chin ups! It's ok!!!!

Heather: From yesterday, I have gotten headaches after workouts before. It's usually if I'm doing a LONG one, involving high intensity cardio, and towards the end of it, my head will start aching. I'm not sure what it's from. Maybe not enough water why I'm working out? .... Great job on the run this morning. I'm jealous! I really have to find some time in my new schedule to run again.

Debbie: Nice workout with KPC this morning!! I did a premix from that last week and really enjoyed it!

Roxie: WOO HOO on getting your workout done early! ONE good thing about not being able to sleep! Yep, keep up the water!

Nora: Hope you get TF today!!!!!!! I'm dying to "discuss" the workouts with you. today will be my first! ... I bet you're right, the mugginess and change in weather is making the MS worse. You go through so much with that medication, I understand you not wanting to take more. I'm not a big fan of drugs for myself either (though I pass them out like Halloween candy at work!). Only if I truly NEED something (like for my extreme headaches). I'm glad to hear you have a good routine down with the med you take to avoid those awful side effects!!..

Okay, I'm just chomping at the bit to go do TF!!!

*Waves* to Jessica, Jo, Melissa!!!!!

P.S. I ended up doing Step Fit yesterday, which was a blast from the past, and REALLY fun to do!! It was the one where she asks if you heard the sheep? LOL!!!!!

Wow, ladies, you are on the ball this AM! Some great workout reports so far, I feel behind! Ha.

I did my weights this morning - STS m2 d18 which is back/bi's. It was a great workout - the pullups were a challenge as usual (always assisted, no way could I do them unassisted either!!) and for some reason the concentration curls got me today. I did go up in weight on most of my exercises today hence the extra-hard factor but still. I was pooped by the end! AND I did get my abs in again - ab circuits/no equipment abs plus some extra planks at the end. Tonight is the 5k so hopefully the rain/thunder holds off - its gorgeous but muggy right now so we'll see if it lasts. Fingers crossed!

I'm in a particularly good mood today as I unexpectedly took tomorrow off as a personal day. I'm feeling very drained and very burnt out at work (for all the reasons I've complained about recently plus the fact that I've not taken any vaca time since last Oct...I'm overdue). So I'm REALLY excited to spend the entire day as disconnected as possible. Scott and I are going to hit the beach, its supposed to be PERFECT weather. I cannot wait. :)

Personals...
Debbie - KPC is one of my faves, nice burn! How's the knee?
Belinda - nice work on the dreadmill, I avoid it like the plague aside from the dead of winter when I have no choice!
Roxie - nice job on your workout this AM and good luck getting those abs in tonight! Drink some water!!
Chris - dying to hear how you like turbo fire!!
Heather - awesome work on that run this morning, you are so fast!! Good luck getting your weights in tonight :)

'morning crazy chicks....

Roxie - yes, I did my abs last night. KPC abs, which I thoroughly enjoyed actually!!

Jessica - Sounds like you are in desperate need of a relaxing day so enjoy the beach tomorrow, you deserve it!!

Heather - have fun playing around with your workout tonight. Apparently we are not most people...which is GOOD!!!

Nora - how are you doing? Sounds like you are feeling better so I hope you are!!

Chris - have fun with Turbo Fire! Step Fit...I think I might have that on VHS but I don't think I've ever done it. I'll have to check on that tonight.

Hi Belinda, Debbie & Jolene!

I slept in a little this morning so I'll get my workout in tonight. LIC cardio premix & CTX shoulders. I have back and leg/butt doms today...YAY!!!

'morning crazy chicks....

Roxie - yes, I did my abs last night. KPC abs, which I thoroughly enjoyed actually!!

Jessica - Sounds like you are in desperate need of a relaxing day so enjoy the beach tomorrow, you deserve it!!

Heather - have fun playing around with your workout tonight. Apparently we are not most people...which is GOOD!!!

Nora - how are you doing? Sounds like you are feeling better so I hope you are!!

Chris - have fun with Turbo Fire! Step Fit...I think I might have that on VHS but I don't think I've ever done it. I'll have to check on that tonight.

Hi Belinda, Debbie & Jolene!

I slept in a little this morning so I'll get my workout in tonight. LIC cardio premix & CTX shoulders. I have back and leg/butt doms today...YAY!!!

I gotta say, I'm loving the fact that you're still doing some of your workouts in the AM! Woo :)

And yes, personal day/mental health break is much needed, for sure.
PS. Great work on the abs - Roxie is ON us isn't she?? :eek:

I gotta say, I'm loving the fact that you're still doing some of your workouts in the AM! Woo :)

And yes, personal day/mental health break is much needed, for sure.
PS. Great work on the abs - Roxie is ON us isn't she?? :eek:

I'm loving it to, actually. It's a much easier transition that I thought it would be. Leaves little to no excuse for not getting my workouts in, that's for sure...:p

And yes, Roxie is quite relentless about the abs. She did tell me that if I worked them, I'd see them and I'm holding her to that!!!

Hallo,

Just a quick check in! I just got done with Cardio Core Circuit:p I burned 360 cal. Now I am fried!

Jessica - good luck with your 5K tonight!

I will be back with personals!

Nora - I am real careful with my knee. I went quite light with the weights yesterday. It is finally feeling better but I'm not sure if it's because I took Aleve last night or what? Nice workout yesterday, glad you are enjoying the Aero workouts. You are making me want to get them.

Belinda - Nice run, Belinda! Glad you got on the TM and did that with no problems.

Heather - I don't care for the last combo so I was ok with skipping it. :D Nice run, today! I'm jealous of those of you who can go out and run. And I seem to have a constant headache all the time anymore. Not sure what's causing it. My workouts sometimes make them better and sometimes makes them worse.

Roxie - Woo hoo! Nice workout girl! And nice job getting it in so early!! You rock!

Chris - You said something yesterday or the day before that cracked me up. Now I can't find it. Hope things with your son get better. I know how hard it is to raise kids. I raised my two step kids and it was a tough time for me. I'm sure most of us here can relate. And LMAO on Step Fit. I remember that "Was that a sheep" comment. I crack up every time I hear it!

Jessica - Knee is ok. Took aleve and that seemed to help. Nice job with your workout! It's good to struggle with exercises sometimes, tells you that you are giving your 110% to it. Enjoy your Friday off! How cool!

Melissa - Have a great workout! :eek:

Nora - I am real careful with my knee. I went quite light with the weights yesterday. It is finally feeling better but I'm not sure if it's because I took Aleve last night or what? Nice workout yesterday, glad you are enjoying the Aero workouts. You are making me want to get them.

Belinda - Nice run, Belinda! Glad you got on the TM and did that with no problems.

Heather - I don't care for the last combo so I was ok with skipping it. :D Nice run, today! I'm jealous of those of you who can go out and run. And I seem to have a constant headache all the time anymore. Not sure what's causing it. My workouts sometimes make them better and sometimes makes them worse.

Roxie - Woo hoo! Nice workout girl! And nice job getting it in so early!! You rock!

Chris - You said something yesterday or the day before that cracked me up. Now I can't find it. Hope things with your son get better. I know how hard it is to raise kids. I raised my two step kids and it was a tough time for me. I'm sure most of us here can relate. And LMAO on Step Fit. I remember that "Was that a sheep" comment. I crack up every time I hear it!

Jessica - Knee is ok. Took aleve and that seemed to help. Nice job with your workout! It's good to struggle with exercises sometimes, tells you that you are giving your 110% to it. Enjoy your Friday off! How cool!

Melissa - Have a great workout! :eek:

Debbie-just a quick thought maybe your job and the stress of it are causing your headaches, I am in the same boat and getting real tired of the headaches and stress now my face is breaking out something has got to change.

Jessica-forgot to tell you good luck with your run. I bottle of water down.

Debbie-have you done abs more than once this week?

Roxie - You are probably 100% correct about the stress being the cause of my headaches. I'm sure that's it. Because now that I'm thinking of it, I don't have headaches on the weekends. And no, I haven't done abs since Tuesday, but hey, I did them once this week! :p Should I do them again?

Debbie - I agree with Roxie on the headaches. When I was at my previous job, I had migraines weekly and stress headaches daily. One of the first things I did in the morning when I got to work was take 3 advil or ibuprophen. Not good.

Debbie-just a quick thought maybe your job and the stress of it are causing your headaches, I am in the same boat and getting real tired of the headaches and stress now my face is breaking out something has got to change.

Hey Girls...

OMG, Turbo Fire 30 was WILD! It was like Turbo Jam on speed, I swear to God! ... Right from the warm up, she moved FAST. In fact the warm-up was done to the song "Play that Funky Music White Boy"! LOL!. My HR was up in the 160's the entire workout!!!. Higher with the interval/Fire minutes!. The music was , not suprisingly, fun fun fun! And I really loved the setting. Chalene and 2 others stand on stage , and there's a class of people on the floor doing the workout. It was pretty cool! . Tomorrow is the HiiT 15 minute workout. I watched a video clip on YouTube of 5 guys doing it, and they literally wrang out their shirts in a PUDDLE of sweat afterwards! I'm excited!

After the TF, I did 4DS Legs + Core, and then did the Stretch 10 from turbo fire.

Jessica: Your workout wasn't too shabby either! Nice job on STS today. I can not imagine running in the humidity out there tonight. But I bet it's cooler in the evening? ... Supposed to get hit with thunderstorms here too. ..And as you can see, I LOVED Turbo Fire!!

Melissa: Fun workout on tap for tonight for you! Step Fit was different, fun , and had familiar Cathe step moves , so easy to catch on. ... Surprise on your DOMS, NOT! LOL!

Belinda: NICE workout today! CCC is HARD!!!

Debbie: The teen years are killing me, and we just started! LOL!. My oldest is 14, my other 2 are 10 and 8. So I have a LONG way to go! Yikes! .. It's funny, I'm reading this book called Firefly Lane, and I hit a chapter last night that she deals with her 14 yr old daughter, and I felt like I was reading a chapter from my own life!!! ... how old are your step kids now, Debbie?

I have to say, you all have been keeping me thinking about water and abs the past 2 weeks! Thanks!!!

Heather - Yea, I'm sure that's what is causing them. I need to get the heck out of here!

Chris - My step kids are 24 and 25 years old. Teen years are just so fun, especially with daughters... Good god.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.