Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jun 2, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I am taking a rest day today, my legs are very sore!:p I will take a long walk + do some ab workout.

I will be back!

See ya later!

I just finished up KPC a little while ago. I did not want to get out of bed - but there was a cat outside making some noise that MADE me. sigh. Anyway - ended up having a good workout and burned 410 calories.

I'm off to work shortly :(

Belinda - enjoy your rest day

I just got done doing 4DS LIS and abs plate & weights. Felt good! Heading down the home stretch of STS.

Belinda-enjoy your rest day.

Karen-KPC was my first Cathe workout and it's still one of my faves!

Have a good day.

Bev

Hey Girls...

I've been having some bad sinus headaches these past 2 days, including one that came on full force at 2am last night. made for a crappy night's sleep, after my overnights and lack of sleep over the weekend. Makes for one tired cranky girl...

I'm thinking about doing a shortened Cardio Fusion and then a run at the park afterwards...

Belinda: It must feel great to have DOMS again! Enjoy your rest day & ab work.

Karen: Was it YOUR cat that woke you up? KPC is a goodie!!!

Bev: You're on your last week of STS? How are you feeling? Sad it's ending or ready to move on?

Gotta go push the kiddos out the door to the bus stop...

Today was cardio and I had a really rough time of it. Just have no energy or desire to do cardio anymore. I hate this, I use to love cardio. Now it's all I can do to get it done.

Also, right before Challenge 2 I started getting a stomach ache. :confused: I had to run to the bathroom right before the challenge. I know, TMI, but geez, what a pain.

By the time the 3rd challenge arrived my energy kicked in and I did excellent with it. Now WTF??? It takes like a half hour for my energy to kick in with cardio. I don't get it.

Anyways, I did Cardio Coach #5. Far from stellar. I almost got out Step Blast and I may do that one on Friday. I just didn't feel like moving all the stuff in my workout room to get my step out. But on Friday I just might do that.

HR STATS:
55 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
457 calories burned
3.3 miles travelled

Chris - Hope that headache goes away soon. I hate those!

Chris - No, it wasn't our cat - it must have been a stray. But it was our dog that heard it and was wanting to sprint outside. Grr...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - I've got DOMS again! My upper body is sore from yesterday and doing KPC this morning was kind of painful.

Good Morning,

Tonite is Step Blast combos 1,2, and 3. Feel last nites workout in my core area, guess when you do start new workouts the DOMS return I thought I was past those.

Morning!

Bev: Are you happy about being done with STS?

Chris: Ugh on the headaches and the crappy sleep- nothing makes you feel worse than when you don't get proper rest. How is Circuit City going??

Karen: OMG I would kill that stupid cat!

I will confess that I'm struggling lately. I hate to say this, but I don't like Meso 2 of STS. I mean, I like the workouts, but hate how they are making me feel. I'm completely STARVING- beyond ravenous. And that makes me over eat and then I feel like crap. Plus I'm exhausted. No, I'm not pregnant, either. Trust me, I checked! Anyway, I am not the kind of person that quits, but I may just dump this STS rotation for now and do what was making me feel good. I did great in Meso 1 and got super lean and defined. In thinking it over, so many of Cathe's weight workouts ARE endurance type, don't you think? And I've done really well with those as I continue to gradually increase the weights. Le sigh. I ENJOY heavy lifting. I'm just not sure my body does.

Anyway, I'm looking at Cathe's June rotation that uses STS a bit and looks like it works legs twice a week.

Patti - I started to feel that way about sts in Meso 3. I was glad when it was over with. I have gotten weight loss results and have built up my strength - but for whatever reason that 3rd month was just getting to me. So are you thinking of doing the June rotation instead? Or going completely away from STS? I just started Debbies new rotation. I might do sts again when the sts cardio comes out.

Karen: Glad it wasn't just me- that makes me feel better. :) I think the 5.5 month rotation wasn't a great idea, or I should've just done 8 weeks in meso 1 and maybe 4 weeks in the other two mesos. But yes, thinking about Cathe's June rotation since it works legs 2x a week and I like that. I need to look at Debbie's, haven't done that yet. I just hate feeling like a quitter! I agree- I think I will do STS again (the short version) when STS cardio comes out. Nothing is decided yet, still thinking it over.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Zucchini Lasagna
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. Low Sugar Strawberry jam
M5: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M6: Chocolate protein pancake

1457.5 calories
43 g. fat - 27%
147 g. protein - 40%
126 g. carbs - 35%

VERY happy with this breakdown.

Good afternoon ladies!:)

I hope everyone is having some serious kickbutt workouts today! I know I sure did:p

KCM-30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing. I did workout #2 with bonus abs/core= total of = 42 minutes. Lots of fun!!! Talk about fun KB and Killer ABs this workout has it. Calories burned= 430

STS Disc#3 Legs-(Cathe's June Post STS Rotation)= 53 Minutes
Calories burned= 434

I also did the STS Extended stretch= 15 minutes.
This felt great!!!

Belinda- Take it easy today!

Debbie- I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that issue when doing Cardio Coach. After having two kids somethings never really recovered and that's one of them. LOL!!! I had my first kid 14 years ago and my other one 13 years ago but still.... when they were in my womb they seemed to think my bladder was a soccer ball. LOL!!! Sorry, if that's TMI but its true, besides I think some of us might relate.

I'm off to go eat breakfast now that I'm done working out! Have a Great day, Smiles and Hugs!!!:D

Nora

Good afternoon ladies!:)

I hope everyone is having some serious kickbutt workouts today! I know I sure did:p

KCM-30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing. I did workout #2 with bonus abs/core= total of = 42 minutes. Lots of fun!!! Talk about fun KB and Killer ABs this workout has it. Calories burned= 430

STS Disc#3 Legs-(Cathe's June Post STS Rotation)= 53 Minutes
Calories burned= 434

I also did the STS Extended stretch= 15 minutes.
This felt great!!!

Belinda- Take it easy today!

Debbie- I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that issue when doing Cardio Coach. After having two kids somethings never really recovered and that's one of them. LOL!!! I had my first kid 14 years ago and my other one 13 years ago but still.... when they were in my womb they seemed to think my bladder was a soccer ball. LOL!!! Sorry, if that's TMI but its true, besides I think some of us might relate.

I'm off to go eat breakfast now that I'm done working out! Have a Great day, Smiles and Hugs!!!:D

Nora

What time do you get up to workout? I couldn't workout as long as you do I would get bored.

Here are tonites workout stats:

Step Blast combos 1,2 and 3
41min
38 in the zone
153 min hr
174 max hr
313 cals burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.