Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jun 11, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I posted this morning, I lost it:eek: I will do UB + Lb today. I will be back for personals!

gotta run! Have a great day!

Today was Shoulders, Traps and Abs. Had an excellent workout although it was really hard to wake up this morning. I didn't think I'd have such a good workout with the way I was feeling.

8 minute warmup on my Treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
55# - 8/8/8
***Good weight. These were hard but maybe because I was so tired. After this exercise my energy kicked in.

Upright Row:
50# - 10/10/10
***Good weight here too. Really felt it.

Lateral Raise:
12's - 15/15/15

**Bent Over Lateral Raise:
15's - 12/12/12
12's - 12
10's - 12
8's - 12
***Wow, good drop set. Really felt it. I did this in the shape of a "Y" instead of totally lateral. Really felt it at the top-back of my shoulders. After 3rd set did the drop sets with no rest.

**Dumbbell Shrugs:
45's - 20/20/20
40's - 15
35's - 18
30's - 15
***This was cool and burned like crazy. After 3rd set I did the drop sets with no rest.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch ab work
***LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout. I could tell it's been a long time since I've done this one. Pykes were a struggle but I did them all!

That is all....

Hi girls,

I can tell nobody is reading my posts! I told you gusy I am going to Landstuhl!LOL! DH and I went to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center(the only military hospital in Europa) yesterday. We hit a Stau (traffic jam from hell) getting back. We left our house at 5 a.m and didn’t get home until 10 p.m. It took us over 6 hours getting home. I was too tired to post last night. I saw a ENT doctor yesterday, I need surgery again on my sinus:rolleyes::(I didn't see that one coming:( I will explain later!

Here a few persoanls!

Chris ** I have no allergies!

Wendy**that is great about your mom.

Debbie** how is your shoulder doing? Take it easy! Good workout yesterday.

Rockie** Happy anniversary! Hope you had fun! Have fun with your workout tonight!

I will be back after my workout#

Good Morning!

Hey Belinda, I knew you were going to the sinus doc yesterday!! I read your posts! :p What a crappy day you had though, I'm sorry. Hope today is better. And I know it has to suck to go back for more surgery, but it's better than them telling you this is how you will live forever, right? ((hugs))

Debbie: I have those mornings too, where I just don't feel it, but *it* always shows up sometime during my workout too. Guess your shoulder is ok doing those overhead presses... What a relief I'm sure!

Roxie: How was dinner? Lean Intervals sounds like a good one!

Nora
: Hope you got some rest and a good nights sleep!

I'm going to find a 30 minute cardio to do inside this morning, and then go for a run later at the park. I do NOT care if it's raining. This week has sucked for weather and I'm tired of putting off my runs... I'm just going to DO IT!

This morning was circuit training.

BM2 - Calories burned: 587
How do I feel right now: Tired and spent!

I don't know how I did this workout this morning. My whole body still has doms from power hour on Tuesday. I was cursing again on the toning parts of the workout. I had to get up extra early to even have time to complete the whole workout - but I made myself do it. (I really am crazy!) Tomorrow is cardio again...I think I'll either do Amys Surge or a different step workout I just got. (can't remember the name).

It feels like friday today...

Chris - LOL on your "I'm just going to DO IT!" - You go girl!

Belinda - You caught me - I probably didn't catch that in your posts. I'm usually in such a rush when I read everyones posts that I just do a quick skim. When I have time though I read everything word for word! WTH on another surgery??

Roxie - How was your anniversary dinner last night?

Debbie - You are strong woman! 55# for overhead press? I hurt just thinking about it! I think I only used 25 the other day for those and I was fried. Heck, this morning I used two 15lb dumbells and I was cursing.

Good morning. I did KPC this morning and was wondering why my legs felt so darn tired and then remembered that I did Plyo legs yesterday!!! KPC was my first Cathe workout and still one of my favorites.

Belinda-I can't believe that you have to have another surgery! But hopefully this will fix the problem and you'll get back to normal.

Debbie-how the heck can you do those heavy shoulder presses when you've had a sore shoulder! You are such a machine!

Roxie-how was your anniversary dinner?

Karen-you're scaring me for BM2. I've never done that one and plan to do some circuits next month!

Chris-enjoy your run in the rain!

Nora-hope you got more sleep last night!

Well time to go shopping for DH's birthday next Saturday. Be back later!

Bev

My anniversay evening was wonderful are food and drinks were good and then we went home and played some pool which I finally beat Dh 2 games which never happens unless he knocks in the 8 ball and then he gave me a massage so it was and good evening.

Morning everyone! I did IMAX 2 this morning- a 50 minute interval run was on the rotation but I thought IMAX would be a good substitute. I also did Ab Circuits no equipment abs- got a good burn. Eating has been good and I'm feeling great. I haven't had any diet soda this week and I swear I notice that I don't have as much of an appetite. Huh.

Belinda: I'm sorry for the surgery news. :mad: I know that isn't what you wanted to hear.

Chris: Enjoy your rainy run- you are more of a dedicated runner than I am, that's for sure!

Roxie: Glad the anniversary was good.

Karen: I felt that way during IMAX 2- my legs are shredded from Tuesday's trisets and during the sumo squats blast I was hating life.

Bev: Hey there! Excited about your NYC Cathe workout?

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Belinda, Chris and Bev - My shoulder only gives me problems with heavy chest presses. Shoulder work (other then lateral raises) don't bother it whatsoever. It's weird. I know I injured it when I was doing 115# barbell presses a few months back. I doubt I'll ever see that kind of weight again. Thank you for your comments. My shoulders have been my worst muscle group to train, but they are coming along.

Belinda - I'm so sorry to hear about your sinus'. I can't believe you have to do surgery AGAIN. That is just BS. And I confess I didn't read your post about going to the doc's yesterday but in my defense, I have been really busy at work. Sorry! :eek:

Hi girls,

The reason I need another surgery is the tissue that they repaired in my sinus grew back together again. I feel like I have a constant cold. The bleeding and the pressure in my head stopped. Since it is likely a simpler procedure (fingers crossed!) it will be an outpatient, so I and my DH will have surgeries the same day. My DH will have some repairs done to his not so good septum (he had his septum repair done last Nov.in Weiden), his is an outpatient.. He wants to put splints in my nostril this time; I guess it will prevent the tissue to grow back so quickly. I am back on antibiotics; I don’t think it will make a difference. It didn’t workout before, I ate them like candy. I am not sure when DH and I will decide to get surgery? My son is coming soon and I will enjoy my time with him and DH. I am not looking forward to another surgery so soon. I am not blaming the ENT doctor in Regensburg, I still think they where fantastic. It’s my sinus, not the doctors! Even the military ENT doctor in Landstuhl can’t guarantee me that this is my last surgery on my sinus. Yesterday I took my last dose of cortisone; today my left nostril is getting stuffed again. Shouldn’t I be feeling great?

Chris, I hope this one is my last surgery. I know you all read my posts! LOL! I was just kidding, sorry! Enjoy your run at the park! We have a lot of rain these days!

Karen, nice cal burn this morning! I know you are very busy,lol!

Bev, I am praying they will fix my problems for good and I can get back to normal. Glad you enjoyed KPC this morning. I saw you are going to NY soon, have fun!

Nora, I am not getting enough sleep this days. Not sure what’s going on. Enjoy your workout today.

Rockie, glad you had a wonderful evening yesterday.

Patti, nice job on IMAX 2 today. I will kick that sinus infection eventfully, it’s gonna have to get better.

Debbie I didn’t mean to attack anyone! LOL! Honestly I was just kidding around. I know you are very busy girl. WTG, on your workout, you are a Power house! I could never use 55 pounds for shoulder. I am impressed!

I will be back in the morning! When you girls go to bed, I am getting up! Isn't that funny:eek:

Have a great day!

Checking in -

Today I did BM2 upper body and abs. I wanted to hit all my upper parts again this week. Tomorrow is plyo legs. I may walk on the TM later, as I'm feeling a little guilty that my w/o's the last few days have only been about 30 min. I did do a SM segment last night before bed, though. So that brings my workout yesterday closer to 50 min, right?????
Belinda - the Lodge looks heavenly! What a wonderful weekend it will be for you.
I work the next 4 days. I'm hoping to chug along on my workouts, although sometimes I don't get a chance to post.
Have a great afternoon/evening!

Hi girls!;)

Can you believe it? :p I'm checking in early today LOL!!! I did get some sleep today, but I'm still tired. Oh well! :D
Here's today's workout:

4DS Kickbox plus Heavy Legs and Core= 71 minutes
Calories burned= 597

I hadn't done this workout in a while in its entirety and it was really fun, it felt like a brand new workout for me and I love that! I did find I did go a little heavier than Cathe and the girls, which made me smile really big. Thanks Cathe and STS!!!

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred-Level 1= 28 minutes.
Calories burned= 268

This was fun, just a short time wise circuit intervals doing intervals of cardio, strength, and abs. Jillian has a 3-2-1 intervals meaning 3minutes of cardio, then two minutes of strength, and 1 minute of abs. She really works ya hard in the short amount of time using compound movements, high reps, but using a 3lb dumbells. I really liked the pace of this workout and the time length. There is no reason you can't work 30 minutes into day to workout. I used it as a calorie burst to 4DS Kickbox, legs, and abs. I like Jillian this was fun!;)

Belinda! Oh no not another sinus surgery:( I'm sorry that you have to go through that again. Let's hope this time does the trick. I'll send lots of positive thoughts and prayers you way, kiddo! Take care of you and hubby I hope you both are well on the mend by the time the kids visit. I checked out the link you provided of the resort you and hubby are going to stay at , WOW!! That's a gorgeous place inside and out. You lucky girl!!

Debbie- I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Could it be tendonitis? or something like that? Maybe try taking some glucosimine and chondroitin I hear that is great on joints etc... keeps them healthy. Just a suggestion, I know I'm thinking about getting some for myself.

WTG! on all your workouts accomplished today, bravo!! You have done something good and positive for your body and it will repay you by making you feel great and looking fabulous!;)

See ya at tomorrow's check in, Hugs!:)

Nora

Bev - Don't be scared - its really not THAT bad. (I like it alot actually - just not when I am super sore from a previous workout in the week!)

Here are tonite stats:

Get Lean Interval
42min
40 in the zone
153 min hr
178 max hr
327 cals burned

Extreme Abs
16min
4 in the zone
118 min hr
151 max hr
78 cals burned
I just didn't feel like doing these so I didn't give it my best effort.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.