"Crazy Strong and Loving it!" for April 27th

fitvix

Cathlete
Hey Everyone,

Today was the start of STS Meso 3. (gulp) I think I did pretty well - or at least I felt pretty good. I drank LOTS of water. I was supposed to do deadlifts with over 100#'s but I didn't have that much weight so I used 85# instead. I swear my fingers felt like they were going to come out of their sockets. My hands are all sore now because of the heavier weight - I can feel/see the calluses coming already. I'm just glad I made it through the first disc - I am kind of scared of the plyo legs on Wednesday...

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Circuit 1. I ate horrible all weekend so this week I really need to crack down on myself. Yesterday I did SM and Recharge.

Today I worked Chest and Biceps. I need to double up on body parts this week due to only 4 days of training. Then I'm off a week but I think I'll do cardio because I just don't feel like I need an entire rest week. Then I'm going to write up my own rotation incorporating supersets and drop sets.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on 10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Dropped 5# due to the shoulder. My right shoulder was hurting last week after using 55#.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Again, dropped 5# each dumbbell due to the shoulder.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/10-9 reps

BICEPS
EZ Preacher Curl:
35# - 8 sets/8-7 reps (up 5#)
***These were fun and towards the end got a bit tough.

Hammer Curls:
15's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Reverse Up, Curl Downs:
12's - 8 sets/6 reps

Hammer Curls w/Twist:
12's/15's - 8 sets/8 reps
***This was cool, I alternated weights, used 12's for 1st set, 15's for 2nd set, 12's for 3rd set, etc. Got a great burn.

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
45 minutes in zone
10 minutes above zone
432 calories burned

That is all....

Morning! I did STS Disc 10 today (chest, shoulders and biceps) with stability ball abs. I feel like I do a decent job on most of the ab circuit workouts but the SB one is hard for me. Eh, gotta keep doing it then, I guess. This is my last week in Meso 1 (8 weeks!) and although I have really enjoyed it, I'm ready to move on to the next meso.

Karen: Good job with Meso 3! I have Versa Gripps to help with the Meso 3 heavy weights- I've always had trouble holding what I need to use to challenge myself with deadlifts. They might help but they aren't cheap.

Roxie: WTG on the workouts! Eating can be a hard piece of the puzzle, I understand.

Debbie: Cool about DS and SS coming next! Keep us posted- always like hearing what you're doing.

Patti - I do wear weight lifting gloves - but they don't seem to help much when my weight it really heavy. I googled those gloves you mentioned and they look strange. Do they really help?

Debbie - I haven't heard anything on Belinda yet. You would think she would be out of the hospital by now??

Debbie-I eat a piece of fruit with brkfst. am snack, lunch and afternoon snack is this to much fruit? I saw in M&F hers that women should only have 1-2 servings a day. What do you think?

Debbie-I eat a piece of fruit with brkfst. am snack, lunch and afternoon snack is this to much fruit? I saw in M&F hers that women should only have 1-2 servings a day. What do you think?

If you're watching your carb intake, it maybe too much. But I like to look at it like this: It's better then chocolate!!! So if you are watching your carb intake, limit it to two servings a day.

I'm feeling the title of our check in today! (Crazy, strong and loving it!). I just finished DISC 31, third week of MESO #3, 90%!!!!! of my 1RM! :eek::eek::eek: 6 reps never seemed so daunting. But I made it. The biggest thing about lifting so heavy for me is maneuvering the heavy weights around without hurting myself. It's hard and I get nervous.

Karen: My forearms really bothered me starting off Meso 3. Now that I think of it, now they're not as bad. I backrowed 88 lbs and deadlifted 75 (for back) today and my hands or forearms didn't feel like an issue. Don't be afraid of Plyo legs! Just make sure you are well rested!

Roxie: Ugh. Weekend eating does me in every time. Have fun with CLX tonight!

Patti: It does seem that the Meso cycles would get tiring and old with the 6 month cycle. I was always so ready to change up at the end of 3 weeks. I did SB Abs on Saturday. Some of those twisty moves really throw me and my balance! And I'm not sure I could ever do the 1 legged pikes in my lifetime!

Debbie: I bet you're ready to change up your rotation, huh? And no I haven't heard anything from or about Belinda since her DH posted last week. Hope she's doing ok!! :(

Debbie: I bet you're ready to change up your rotation, huh? And no I haven't heard anything from or about Belinda since her DH posted last week. Hope she's doing ok!! :(

Not really, Chris. I really like this kind of training. I know it's not good to keep training like this, though, so I will take a break and start something new. Excellent workout, by the way!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA but I was out of town. I did STS Disc 25 this morning and just about croaked when I saw some of the weights on my workout card but I pulled it off. I was able to add quite a bit of weight for my deadlifts so I must have whimped out the day that I did my 1RM testing.

Karen-I know what you mean about your fingers feel like they are coming out of the sockets. This is the first week that I didn't feel it in my forearms so I hope that means they are getting stronger. I bought lifting hooks but I'm afraid that if I use them, then my forearms won't get strong enough. I need to preview Plyo legs just to see what is ahead!

Chris-can you wear the weighted vest when doing Plyo legs? What do you plan to do when you're done with STS???

Debbie-I can't wait to see what you come up with in your new rotation. I can't imagine being able to do that on my own. I find that I love doing rotations so that I don't have to decide what workout to do. You got me hooked when I started doing yours in November!

Patti-how is your calf feeling?

Roxie-I know how you feel on the eating. It's so hard to eat clean when you are traveling and everyone wants to feed you dessert after going out to eat.

Nora-just wanted to say hi because I know you will be checking in later.

Have a good evening ladies. I wish we would hear from Belinda!

Bev

Here are tonites Stats:

Sumo Squat with Hip Lift 15lbs/10reps forearms couldn't hold the wts on shoulders
Lunge with Posterior Fly 10lbs/12reps
Pushup with Leg Lift 7 on toes 5 on knees
Dead Lift with Posterior Fly 10lbs/12reps up 2 lbs
Lunge with Core Rotation 12lbs/12reps
Bench Press & Leg Lower 12lbs/12reps
Squat with Side Bend 15lbs/12reps up 2lbs
FWD-Lean Lunge with Posterior Fly 8lbs/12reps
Chest Fly with Hip Lift 12lbs/12reps up 2lbs

35min
20 in the zone couldn't keep my hr up for some reason
127min avg HR
160max HR
194 cals burned low compared to last weeks burn.

This is the last time I will do Burn Circuit 1 start push phase next week.

Good evening ladies!:)

First off congrats we all made it through Monday workouts, applause!!!!

Debbie-I watched "Bolt" disney movie this weekend, so cute! Loved Rhino the chubby hamster. To quote Rhino, "Your fully Awesome!" That was an awesome workout today.;)

Karen- I'm a bit nervous about Plyo legs coming up in a couple of days. Disc# 25 Chest & Back was intense eh? It was very challenging for me but still doable. Hang in there and keep up the good work on STS! I really do feel your pain,:p

Belinda- I hope your healing and feeling much better and comfortable now. Get well soon, we miss ya.

Chris- You promise that We'll survive Ply Legs in Meso 3? Truly, if so I'm holding ya to that.:p

Roxie- Weekend eating is always tough. I think we can all relate to this, I know I sure can. WTG on your workout!:)

Patti- How's or calf feeling? Better hopefully.;)

Bev-I know what you mean about Disc 25 and the weights suggested on the workout card. I thought if I'd have seen those weights I'd be lifting the first week of Meso 1 I know I'd have freaked. Yet, Its challenging for me but doable. I'm shocked I can lift that. I guess that's the kicker with STS, shock training system, eh?:D

So when do we see Cathe and STS gang dawn the weighted vests? I'm curious I do have mine and wonder when I'll be seeing it on the STS DVDS.

Great workouts everyone, high fives all around!;)

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 2= 39 min
Calories burned= 418
Distance= 3.01 miles
Warmup= (4:18) BPM=112=60% MHR.
Challenge1 Sprints= (7:49)BPM=129,134,137,138
72% to 78% MHR.
Steady State (3:18) BPM= 130= 73% of MHR.
Challenge 2 Sprints (8:24)BPM's=138,135=77% to 75% MHR.
Challenge 3 Sprints(8:39) BPM's=143,143,147,151=80%,80%,82%,84% of MHR.
Cool Down=4:59 BPM=88

STS-Disc#25 Meso 3-Chest & Back= 68 min
Calories burned= 528
This was tough. I don't normally have any troubles with deadlifts but today it felt like my fingers were going to fall off. I was wearing weightlifting gloves too, strange. Not sure what that was about. I liked lifting heavy and low reps it really felt great and although the weight on the workout card seemed like a lot on paper but very doable in reality. I guess Cathe's magic with STS is doing its job then.;)

STS-Ab Circuits- No Equipment Abs= 17 min
Calories burned= 105
IMHO I think these are the second hardest Abs on that DVD next to Weights and Plates being #1. I think the #3 one is Stability ball abs. Phew!

That's it for me today, time to hit the shower. Have a great evening ladies!:)

Hugs,

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.