Crazy strong and loving it for April 22, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

My plan is to go for a run :eek: I hope the weather will warm up! I swear, winter came back yesterday. What is going on? One day I need a winter jacket the next day I don't? Where is spring? Haven't seen it yet?

My best to all. BBL!

Good Morning,

We are having thunderstorms right now and from the looks of radar it is going to be here for awhile so I will go to the fitness center after work depending on how tired I am didn't sleep well last night.

Belinda-enjoy your run it is definetly spring here today.

Today was legs and I did Meso 3, Disc 29, Plyo Legs. Had an excellent workout. I'm finally feeling better and it's amazing how well you can workout when you aren't in pain. This was fun and it went by real fast.

This workout alternates a weight exercise using 12 reps for each exercise with a 30 second plyo movement. My HR stayed up the entire time and I was sweating like crazy by the end. I wore my HR monitor and I'm glad I did.

HR STATS:
54 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
16 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
415 calories burned

After looking outside I have decided to just come home after work and do C&W step only, the NFL draft starts today so I know DH will be absorbed in t.v. so I have time I also want to do some ab work.

Debbie-glad you enjoyed your workout today.

Today was legs and I did Meso 3, Disc 29, Plyo Legs. Had an excellent workout. I'm finally feeling better and it's amazing how well you can workout when you aren't in pain. This was fun and it went by real fast.

This workout alternates a weight exercise using 12 reps for each exercise with a 30 second plyo movement. My HR stayed up the entire time and I was sweating like crazy by the end. I wore my HR monitor and I'm glad I did.

HR STATS:
54 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
16 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
415 calories burned

Hi girls - I'm running to an offsite meeting but saw this from you and had to ask. I just got my HR monitor and am confused by it and a little stressed out at the numbers. How did you adjust to using one? Has it helped or hindered? Help please! LOL

Be back later, promise!

Hi ladies. Yesterday was a rest day - sort of. I did decide to try out Jillian Micheal's Yoga (don't remember the exact name). It was on OnDemand and I was watching it recently and decided to give it a shot. Not bad. It's more dynamic so I liked that. It wasn't just standing or sitting and breathing (aka boring). I would have liked just a bit more stretching, but that's not what the focus was. Anyway, it was nice to do something different. I'll still count it as a rest day. I think I burned like 90 calories in 30 mins. I guess that's not bad for yoga huh?

Today DH was supposed to get up with me and run. We were doing to run maybe 35-40 mins. He would not get out of bed and I was up so I went ahead and did my weights and we'll likely run at lunch (unless I can't move by then). Today was 3 sets of 15 reps (ick) and was a leg focused day. I'll say that I felt like I was going too light on weights until about halfway through the 2nd set. Funny how high reps creep up on you.

Incline DB chest press - 25's
DB underhand rows - 25's
Squats - 70#
Deadlifts - 30's (dumbbells of course)
DB curls - 15's (should have gone with 16's)
Kickbacks - 11's
Static lunges - 60#
Calf raises - 90#
Upright rows - 15's
(will need to add in another exercise here for supersets next week)

Belinda - sorry spring hasn't quite set in for you yet!

Roxie - those storms are heading our way tomorrow night. Enjoy C&W

Debbie - glad you wore your monitor so you could see the calorie burn on those - they're no joke!!

Jessica - the HR monitor for me was both a blessing and curse. I realized how many calories I was actually burning (I was totally underestimating) but then I became just a wee bit obsessed with numbers.

Hi Chris, Nora and Wendy!!!

Hallo girls,

50 min run is done! Had an great run. I also did the stretch from GS legs! I still have to work my abs.

Debbie glad you feeling 100% again. Nice leg workout, btw! I will do that one on Saturday. I have never done pylo legs, do I use light or heavy weights? I am confused!

Roxie have fun with C&W tonight.

Jessica I had DH set my HR, sorry I can't help you. I was lost setting it up too!

Heather you and I posted at the same time! Nice weights today, girl! Yeah, I am still waiting for spring! I had DH buy me the Jillian Micheals Yoga Meltdown DVD, glad you liked it.

Waves Hi to the rest of the gang! BBL!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

today is a weird workout for me. I'm trying to fanagle something similiar. But not sure. First part I can do, CTX all upper body. And then part 2 is supposed to be Body Fusion, which is on the Basic Step workout, which I don't have. It looks like it's an easier circuit. But I may just end up doing cardio of some sort.

After that, busy day. Our shopping day! Have to take Jake for shoes for his 1st Communion and then I promised the boys I'd take them to the bookstore. Plus laundry, cleaning, etc etc.

Wanna hear something weird? After all that leg work I did yesterday, I have only mild DOMS. WTH? I think I may have to shock the lower body and do Plyo Legs tomorrow instead of Legs & Glutes (again!).

BBL!

Nora - Nice workouts yesterday. You kill me with all that you do every day! Good Lawd! :D

Chris - I find I'm doing better with the cardio since I made up this rotation. Not sure why. I'm doing a lot of stuff I have never done before (LIC for example) and I'm liking it. Still not too excited about doing cardio, but better then I was before.

Belinda - It's the same here in Ohio. One day its 80 degrees, then next its 40. I wish it would just get warm and stay that way already! Glad you enjoyed your run. On Plyo: the highest weights I used today was 20# dumbbells. Could have gone a bit heavier but I'm trying not to build right now. So I used 5's, 10's, 12's, 15's and 20's depending on the exercise.

Roxie - Have fun with C&W. I love that step mix.

Jessica - I love my HRM, I have one that I got at Wal Mart, it's a Sportline. All you do is key in your age, gender and height and it figures out your zones. I've had many HRM's in my day and this one is my most favorite so far.

Heather - Nice workout today, those weights are amazing for 15 reps. Great job!!

Hi Wendy!

I think my biggest freak out re: heart rate monitor was that I did some practice runs of a few of my new Kick tracks but was feeling a bit like lead today and only had time to run through for 45 mins vs. 60 or 70 mins so the burn was lower than I thought. So I had a moment of like OMG am I burning WAY less calories than I thought??

But I truly think it was lower because of the reasons I listed, and not because I've been overestimating the entire time.

Regardless, now that I'm realizing what a gorgeous day it is today AND that I had a horrible run last night (lead again), I'm hoping to fit in a better one today and hopefully will find the HR monitor to be a better tool and not stressful like this AM ;)

Also - how do I figure out what my HR should be during a run for endurance purposes? I feel like I have so much research to do in that area!

Hi ladies. Just got back from lunch run. I was a little worried my legs would feel super heavy after weights, but I think the run helped loosen them up a little actually.

Jessica - I don't really use my HR monitor to figure out where I should be for endurance (assuming you're talking about running) but rather focus on the time and my pace. Obviously, the faster you're going the higher your HR too. But it will gradually increase the longer you run too. Probably no help at all.

Debbie - thank you regarding the weight compliment.

Chris - Maybe it's time to up the weights?

Heather-just a warning they are nonstop just when you think the rain is gone it comes back. Some of our streets are flooded. They say tomarrows thunderstorms are even worse than todays.

Yuck. Thanks for the warning though. We have a pup terrified of storms so we'll have to get his medicine out and ready. Not yet sure what time it's supposed to be rolling into town - hopefully after work.

Heather-just a warning they are nonstop just when you think the rain is gone it comes back. Some of our streets are flooded. They say tomarrows thunderstorms are even worse than todays.

Yuck. Thanks for the warning though. We have a pup terrified of storms so we'll have to get his medicine out and ready. Not yet sure what time it's supposed to be rolling into town - hopefully after work.

The thunder was pretty loud shook pictures and ceiling fan. Lightening was sharp.

Good Evening,

I did C&W step tonite. I am not very good at the power squats so I just did 3 squats.

Stats:
35 min
30 in the zone
147 min hr
172 max hr
251 cals burned.

Abs still hurt from last night so I didn't do any tonite.

Good evening,

Debbie, sounds like you having the same weird weather we having:( I still have the heaters on in the house:confused: Thanks about the Plyo advice, I had no idea how much weight to use on these workouts. I love your rotation:eek:

Chris, what did you end up doing? Maybe your DOMS will kick in tomorrow;)

Jessica, I bought the same HR as Debbie. I love my HR!

Roxie, nice cal burn today! WTG!

Nora, you could start our thread:p You posted later last night! Awesome job on your workouts.

Patti, THANKS! Sorry I missed you email. Hope you doing ok!

That's it for me today. Good night!

:)Hi girls,

I'm late in checking in with my workout eventhough I finished it around a little after noon today.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 2= 38 Min
Calories burned=488
Distance=3.2 miles
BPM's=154
30 Minutes of the 38 min was in or above the 80 to 85% max heart rate range.

Insanity-Cardio Recovery= 40 min
Calories burned= 246

Total calories burned= 734;)

Belinda- Nice job on your run~:eek: Good idea for a nice stretch after as well. Awesome run today:) I hope Browler is feeling better and responding well to his meds.;)

Debbie- I'm so glad that your not having anymore pain and can happily workout now painfree.:eek: Awesome job with Meso 3, Disc 29, Plyo Legs. I really liked plyo legs from STS but couldn't go as high with the risers. So, I went with two risers on each side trying to protect my knees. I know Plyo Legs will make me sweat buckets too, its a killer.:)

Roxie- I've just recently done Cardio & Weights DvD and its really fun to do, so I know you had a great workout doing that and its great to have the premixes allowing you to do just step. Yes, I know how it goes with the NFL Draft on ESPN, My oldest son, he's 15 and he is a huge football fan and studies all the stuff about football and he loves track and basket ball as well. He only does track and cross country at his high school. I hope your DH was happy with his teams draft selections.

Heather- Great workout with weights today~ Yes, I agree high reps with lighter weights always sneaks up on me. I always think this is too light and try a few reps on the second set with heavier weights then quickly go back to the lighter ones. Yep, those high reps are deceiving then they get ya good almost like band work. If you did get a run in at lunch as well, then that's just icing on the workout fitness for the day. Bravo!!!:)

Chris- Interesting workout you have on tap for today. I haven't yet tried CTX upperbody, I have CTX but I'm still getting around to trying all of them. I'm liking them of the ones I've done. Congrats just having mild DOMS instead of oh no I can't move my legs DOMS. You've got alot on your plate so hang in there kiddo and happy communion for your kiddo.;)

Jessica- I don't have a fancy expensive heart rate monitor that give the calorie break down or all of that. Mine is a Mio Sport and all it does is tell time and do the heart rate, its a wrist watch style no chest harness. I know there are nicer more expensive ones out there to get but sadly I can't afford them. It does take some getting used to wearing a monitor and fiddling with it, and mine's a simple one LOL! You'd have to ask the other ladies about the nice HR monitors like yours. I get my calorie burn from what my treadmill says if I run, or if its a dvd I go with what the workout manager says, or I find a comparable workout of Cathe's in the workout manager and use that as the guide for met to arrive at calories burned and select other under dvds and just type in the relevant info of the one I'm doing.

Wendy- We miss ya don't work too hard and don't be a stranger.;)

Ok, ladies that's it for me today. Have a great night and rest up for tomorrow, friday's almost there.;)

Hugs!:):cool:

Nora

Nora, ^^^^5's on your workout today! What time do you post? It's almost 8 AM here in Germany! I am getting ready to workout (for me it's already Friday). Browler is responding well to the meds! I am so glad!

Go get some sleep, girl!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.