Crazy Strong and Loving it for April 14, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I forgot to post my workout yesterday, I did KM last night! I worked out in my living room so I can keep an eye on Browler.

Thanks everyone for your concern about Browler, he is like my baby. Love my dogs so much. So far he is doing great with the meds, I pray it stays that way. I also called our vet in Visleck made an appointment for next week. I want some stronger meds just in case the natural meds are not working or stop working. Like I said Browler been shaking since we got him and no one really ever told what to do in case it gets worth.:confused: I totally freaked out today.

In 2004, when my DH was in Iraq for over a year, I had to put my Yorkie down. She got sick 3 days after my husband left for the war, I had to put her down just a few days before he came back. I took her to the vet twice a week for a year, thought I could help her. Her belly filled up with water, on the end she had water in her legs, lost her all her hair. This was so sad! Taking about her still makes me sad. Pixy had cancer. I spent so much money on vet pills, I didn't care! What Browler went through yesterday, reminded me so much what I had to go through with Pixy. Putting Pixy down was the hardest thing I ever done in my life.

Today I will do legs! My sinus is all messed up today. Woke up with a giant headache and my nose is stuffed! Why not? I am going to so much shit already why not have a nice sinus infection to top it off:confused: WTH?

Not sure when I will fit in my workout today, I will work out!

Have a great day everyone! BBL! Hope I will catch up on personals one day.

STS Meso 3, Disc 37, Squat Rack Legs is done:p I still have to work my abs, will do them tonight. Still got a headach!

Warmup:
Squats - 55#- 2 sets/12 reps

Workout:
Squats - 85# - 4 sets/8 reps
Leg Curls - 50 # - 4 sets/8 reps
Front Squats - 55 # - 4 sets/8 reps
Static Lunges - 85# - 4 sets/8 reps

I will be back later! Have a good one!

Today was cardio and even though I've been in a slump with cardio I have actually been looking forward to doing the workouts with this new rotation. I guess that's a good sign. I'm still not happy doing cardio but at least I don't dread it anymore. Hope it lasts.

I did Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge today and had a really good workout. Neck/shoulder still feels weird, definitely not 100% yet. Some of the punches were bothering it so I couldn't give it my all with the upper body work. But I gave it my all with the lower body work. Really felt my glutes and outer thighs working today.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 1 minute total
7 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
479 calories burned

Hi ladies. I thought DH and I were going to get up and run this morning. The alarm went off and DH said no way. I am not one to quickly fall back asleep so I got up and did one of the SB premixes (40 mins). I am supposed to do weights today, still sore from the other day. We'll see what happens...

Belinda - hugs girl. My dogs are my kids so I totally understand. My first girl I had for 14 yrs and she got sick super suddenly. DH took her to the vet one morning and she didn't come home. It's the hardest decision to have to make if you ask me. We're never told how to make such choices about ending a life. We had to do the same with another one 5 yrs ago after battling 6 months of kidney failure and doing at home IV's twice a day.

Debbie - glad to hear that you've got less of a dread factor for cardio right now. Sometimes starting a totally new rotation can really help shake things up a bit. Take care of that neck (I know you will)

Hi to everyone. HAPPY HUMP DAY!

The work thing is still bringing me down. I do have to deal with it somehow. It's not something that will just go away. it's co-worker(s) (and sadly enough friends I've had for 20+ years) complaining about my schedule. So it brings me down that these supposedly good friends feel this way about me. As well as me having to deal with my schedule and care for my son with diabetes. *sigh*

Today on the rotation is PLB, AGAIN! I just did it Monday! Last night I thought about it and said NO WAY IN HELL can I do PLB again. My legs were SoOOOOooooOOoo sore yesterday. But today, miraculously, they feel better and I just might go for it!. The added extra today is 200 Walking Lunges! Today is going to be a perfect running weather day, so I do need to get to the park. I'm debating on going there and doing the 200 lunges, and perhaps a short run afterwards or just the lunges , depending on how my legs feel. But I need to get outside. I need something to brighten my mood. I hate feeling this way.

Oh, and I have pretty damn good DOMS in my chest and upper body from PUB yesterday.

Belinda: So sorry to hear about your puppy. I can understand how much they mean to you. Our first baby was a dog. And like the others said, it was the hardest thing in the world to have her go downhill and then have to put her to sleep. I hope Browler does better with the medications. And YOU poor thing with the sinus headache. I feel for ya on that one. I hate them and don't deal well with them at all. ((hugs)). Good for YOU for getting in a LEG workout, of all things, today with it!!!

Debbie: YAY for cardio!!! I do think it's easier to do ANY workout when it's on a rotation. it just feels like it's what you have to do, and you end up liking it . (hope I'm feeling that with PLB & 200 lunges today!!! :eek:)

Heather: I read about your run yesterday in the dark! Crazy! I can see how you'd feel out of sorts with it. I like the idea of splitting up workouts, actually. "They" say it's good to actually do that during your day. It boosts your energy and metabolism AND mixes things up for your body, esp when you're so used to marathon long workouts.... Good for getting in some SB cardio today! Is it not good to work the same body parts if you're still sore but it's > 48 hrs that you worked those muscles? I've wondered that !

Roxie and Nora and Wendy: AWESOME workouts yesterday!!! Of course, Nora, you blow everyone out of the water with those calories burned! Wish I could borrow some of that burning!! Roxie, hope you feel better! Wendy, good to see you back and you are working out hard, girl!!!! Are you following a rotation or just winging it?

Good Morning,

Woke p at 4 this morning aching all over don't know what is up with that. I plan on walking again tonite but the wind is blowing again and its a little cooler than it has been I might end up going to the fitness center and trying the treadclimber and then do KCMs Muscle Definition. I plan on trying some of the ab work in the Oxygen Ab edition when the boss goes up to his office his wife is on grandma duty so she is gone all week.

Debbie-would you please read yesterdays post I have a question for you.

Chris-enjoy whatever you decide and sorry work has you so stressed.

Heather-good job with SB.

Belinda-I to have had to put down a dog we had for 10 years we got her when she was only 5 wks old.

Chris - hopefully getting outside for a run will help your mood a bit. Hate to hear that you're still down. You don't need that added stress on top of your other stresses in life.

PLB again...already???? Wow. Ouch. Wow.

Yes, the run was a little weird b/c I am sooo not used to running in the dark like that. I mean, there were street lights, but it was still dark. Just threw me off a little. DH agreed that he felt the same way. Good points about the positive points of splitting up workouts. Thanks for those reminders. You know, I'm not sure about the working out again when muscles are still sore. Sometimes I think it feels good to work them out, but then sometimes I know it's not going to happen. Maybe it's more about listening to the body?

The work thing is still bringing me down. I do have to deal with it somehow. It's not something that will just go away. it's co-worker(s) (and sadly enough friends I've had for 20+ years) complaining about my schedule. So it brings me down that these supposedly good friends feel this way about me. As well as me having to deal with my schedule and care for my son with diabetes. *sigh*

Today on the rotation is PLB, AGAIN! I just did it Monday! Last night I thought about it and said NO WAY IN HELL can I do PLB again. My legs were SoOOOOooooOOoo sore yesterday. But today, miraculously, they feel better and I just might go for it!. The added extra today is 200 Walking Lunges! Today is going to be a perfect running weather day, so I do need to get to the park. I'm debating on going there and doing the 200 lunges, and perhaps a short run afterwards or just the lunges , depending on how my legs feel. But I need to get outside. I need something to brighten my mood. I hate feeling this way.

Oh, and I have pretty damn good DOMS in my chest and upper body from PUB yesterday.

Belinda: So sorry to hear about your puppy. I can understand how much they mean to you. Our first baby was a dog. And like the others said, it was the hardest thing in the world to have her go downhill and then have to put her to sleep. I hope Browler does better with the medications. And YOU poor thing with the sinus headache. I feel for ya on that one. I hate them and don't deal well with them at all. ((hugs)). Good for YOU for getting in a LEG workout, of all things, today with it!!!

Debbie: YAY for cardio!!! I do think it's easier to do ANY workout when it's on a rotation. it just feels like it's what you have to do, and you end up liking it . (hope I'm feeling that with PLB & 200 lunges today!!! :eek:)

Heather: I read about your run yesterday in the dark! Crazy! I can see how you'd feel out of sorts with it. I like the idea of splitting up workouts, actually. "They" say it's good to actually do that during your day. It boosts your energy and metabolism AND mixes things up for your body, esp when you're so used to marathon long workouts.... Good for getting in some SB cardio today! Is it not good to work the same body parts if you're still sore but it's > 48 hrs that you worked those muscles? I've wondered that !

Roxie and Nora and Wendy: AWESOME workouts yesterday!!! Of course, Nora, you blow everyone out of the water with those calories burned! Wish I could borrow some of that burning!! Roxie, hope you feel better! Wendy, good to see you back and you are working out hard, girl!!!! Are you following a rotation or just winging it?

Morning ladies. HAPPY Wednesday. Thank god its a sunny day - I have a torturous work task ahead of me that I'm dreading. It's in about 40 mins so I'm wasting time on here instead. ha. ;)

I'm still in full-on Kick boot camp mode and am still happy with my decision to focus. I worked on two of the four working tracks I didn't get to yesterday plus reviewed the two working tracks I mastered yesterday and fit in the conditioning track (which I still need to learn, in terms of timing/cuing). Took about an hour and was sweat-filled - I really do need to get myself an HR monitor though, now its all I can think about!!

Heather - bummer that DH didn't wanna get up, though my DH would probably do the same thing to me and then I wouldn't be able to sleep either. once I'm up, I'm UP!

Belinda - nice on STS and squat rack legs! How do you like that one? I would get a little bored with the long breaks but figure next time I do an STS rotation I'll do abs in between or something to keep me distracted. ;)

Debbie - yay on a good cardio workout that you didn't dread! Sometimes, like Heather said, switching it up really is all it takes. I feel you on the neck pain -I have a HUGE knot in my shoulder (think I slept wrong, combined with stress) that is killing me today. I could really use a massage ;)

Chris - so sorry about the work thing. It's such a bummer when you see people's true colors like that. Hugs!!

Roxie - feel better!!

Hi to Nora, too!

Debbie-there is a question I have been meaning to ask you the guy at GNC here in town told me that BSN lean dessert is to help you gain wt. what is your opionion on this because I know you use it?

Roxie - BSN is NOT a weight gainer. I really wish GNC would hire some competant people once in a while. BSN is a whey protein - period. Nothing added to it, just whey and flavoring.

BSN does make a weight gainer product, but BSN is NOT it.

Roxie - BSN is NOT a weight gainer. I really wish GNC would hire some competant people once in a while. BSN is a whey protein - period. Nothing added to it, just whey and flavoring.

BSN does make a weight gainer product, but BSN is NOT it.

Debbie-thank you I didn't think so he was trying to sell me one of their brands and I didn't like the taste so I am going to order some more. I knew I would get and honest answer out of you.

I did ALL of PLB, even the dang ball, but have to admit, i kept my ass down on the floor on some (most) of those roll-ins.

And after a banana break, I went to the park. Did 200 walking lunges in the middle of the huge field . I did them in increments of 50. My thighs were on FIRE !! And then, get this, I ran for 15 more minutes! I thought it would make me feel better. I'm feeling really dragged down today, with a small tired headache. I think sometimes I misread what I should do. Maybe instead I should have had a nap!

Roxie: Hope you get that walk in! being outside made me feel a tad better.

Heather: It will be interesting to see what my legs feel like tomorrow! Will let you know.

Jessica: Those Kick classes sound so intense! You must burn a bazillion calories!

Chris - you crack me up. Good job with that workout. I'm tired just reading about that one. Man. I think I would have run then done the lunges. You're not going to be able to walk tomorrow!!!

I did ALL of PLB, even the dang ball, but have to admit, i kept my ass down on the floor on some (most) of those roll-ins.

And after a banana break, I went to the park. Did 200 walking lunges in the middle of the huge field . I did them in increments of 50. My thighs were on FIRE !! And then, get this, I ran for 15 more minutes! I thought it would make me feel better. I'm feeling really dragged down today, with a small tired headache. I think sometimes I misread what I should do. Maybe instead I should have had a nap!

Heather: It will be interesting to see what my legs feel like tomorrow! Will let you know.

Jessica: Those Kick classes sound so intense! You must burn a bazillion calories!

While I was not feeling exactly enthused at the idea of weights, I got off my lazy butt and went home and got my weight work done during lunch. I knew that once I got going I'd be happy that I did.

Today is same as last week (except the change up of flyes and presses due to DH not being there to spot the other day). This time I supersetted the exercises, 2 sets of 15 reps increasing weight

During lunch I went home to do weights. The set up was 2 sets of 15 reps supersetting the exercises:

Triceps - Weighted triceps dips - 45# (up 5#)
Biceps - Dumbbell curls - 16's (up 1#)

Legs - Rear leg elevated lunges - 53# (up 3#, just used 25# DB and 1.5 gloves, 60 would have been too much I think)
Shoulders - Lateral raises - 11's (up 1#)

Chest - dumbbell press - 26.5's
Back - Dumbbell underhand rows - 26.5's (up 1.5, seriously need a freaking barbell)

Legs - Squats - 80# (up 5#)
Inner Thighs - Plie squats - 80# (up 5#)

I also added on 2 sets of 10 deadlifts and donkey kicks using 8#

Now I need a nap.

Chris-the wind is blowing 20mph with gusts as high as 40 and my allergies are not liking me a whole lot right now. The dust and pollen are really high right now we need some rain to calm things down.

I *think* I am burning a bunch of calories but now am planning to buy an HR monitor finally so I can get a true read. I was thinking of the Polar F4 - I know one of you said you had that one? Its a basic model but I have a feeling it'll do the trick??

Hallo girls,

Debbie, nice job with MM and your KB workout today. You never been to a RT? You should go to one, they are so much fun. Maybe I will make it next year.

Roxie, for some reason I thought yesterday it was Wednesday, LOL! Hope you feel better. Working out always makes me feel better:D

Heather, talk about beeing a klotz! Once I ran every early in the morning and didn't see that hump in the road. I hurt my hipbone really bad. I don't blame you for running slow in the dark! WTG, girl! The vet gave me some Bach flowers (Rescue Remedy), she told me I can take them too. I used Rescue Remedy for a long time when my mom passed away. I believe in this stuff, really works!I don't if it has alcohol? Maybe I shoud try it?? In Europa the doctors are very big on natural meds. She also gave me some stuff for an emergency and Spirulina. So far so good! Glad you got your weight workout in at lunch today.

Chris, sorry you still having a crappy day today. So sad about your so called friends ((HUGS))) WTG, on those lunges, girl! I hope you can walk tomorrow:p My surgery didn't help at all for my sinus:( My American ENT doc will not do surgery when I have an infection. Hallo? I have an infection since last year! The doctors need to figure something out, this is getting old. My eyes are swollen up.

Jessica, nice job on Kick class yesterday. I didn't mind the long breaks today, I was checking on Browler!

Wendy, hope you get to ride your bike soon.Nice job on your run and workouts. Enjoy your days off! Nice job on your workout, btw!

Nora, you still having fun with Insanity, that's great! Have a great workout today.

I will be back in the morning! Have a good one!

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace][/FONT]​

Belinda - I think anyone who has animals can relate to your concern. I sure hope the little guy is ok. Nice workout yesterday and today. Glad you were able to get something in!!!

Heather - I was suppose to do Step Blast today. I just did not feel like doing a step workout, though. Nice job with it! It is a fun workout, actually one of my favorites. Yuck on the 15 reps today! I know why you were dreading it! LOL!

Chris - Aw that just sucks about your coworkers. Selfish losers. You have to do what's important for your son, that is the #1 priority. Forget about the review and just know that you are doing the right thing for your son. Screw what everyone else thinks.

Jessica - Nice job on your Kick prep. You're gonna do great with it!!

Hi to Nora and Wendy!!! :p

Debbie - I seriously wasn't wanting to do step either, but I did kickboxing yesterday and DH wasn't about to go for a run. There was no way I was going to fool with 15 reps of weights that early in the morning either! Already dreading the 18 reps by the way :eek:.

SB is a definite go-to for a fun step workout. I seriously don't think there is another one that is nearly as fun and so intense. I swear that one is so deceiving.

Belinda - I think anyone who has animals can relate to your concern. I sure hope the little guy is ok. Nice workout yesterday and today. Glad you were able to get something in!!!

Heather - I was suppose to do Step Blast today. I just did not feel like doing a step workout, though. Nice job with it! It is a fun workout, actually one of my favorites. Yuck on the 15 reps today! I know why you were dreading it! LOL!

Chris - Aw that just sucks about your coworkers. Selfish losers. You have to do what's important for your son, that is the #1 priority. Forget about the review and just know that you are doing the right thing for your son. Screw what everyone else thinks.

Jessica - Nice job on your Kick prep. You're gonna do great with it!!

Hi to Nora and Wendy!!! :p

I have decided to skip the walk and just go home and do wts. the wind is from the south and 1/2 mile of the walk is either going south or walking east and west so the wind would blow me sideways. I think instead of doing KCM I will do MM. I have been out of the building all day so no chance to do situps but Debbie says the ab work is really good in MM.

Jessica-I have the Polar F4 and I am glad its simple I don't do complicated.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.