Crazy, Strong & Loving it 1/28

I'm really sorry I haven't had time for personals much this week. I've been really busy at work. Not sure today will be any better. But I am reading everyone's posts!

Today I did an ab workout and a stretch workout and then worked with my foam roller again. I'm feeling really good but still a bit tight in my IT band. I'm thinking that takes a long time to get loose. I still hurts to roll it out.

For Ab work I chose Muscle Endurance, love this one because you use a med ball with it. I used 8#.

For the Stretch I did Yoga Focus Stretch with Karen Voight. Love this one too, really loosens me up.

Then I just did a few foam rolling things for my hip flexors and IT band.

I have a job interview tomorrow at the place my mom went for her rehab. PLEASE say a quick prayer for me. I really want to get in there, it's a great place to work and retire. My interview is at 1 p.m. I'm nervous as all get out and I just hope I don't get all tongue-tied like I always do. And I have such a hard time tooting my own horn. I hate when they ask questions about me.

So please, I would really appreciate a prayer or two! Thanks! :D

Hi ladies. After a major afternoon slump (thought I was going to nod off sitting up) I made it to the gym. Warmed up on the treadmill for 10 mins then hit the weights:

4 sets with 8 reps and 90 second rest between each superset.

SS #1
Arnold Press - 20's (stayed the same, but didn't hit failure this week)
ss w/
Hack Squats (using machine) - 160 (up 20)

SS #2
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15's (not able to go up, failed at 7th rep on last set)
ss w/
Double arm kickbacks (did extension Mon) - 12's

SS #3
Incline Barbell Press - 70/70/70 then 65/65 (70 is up 5#, during 3rd set could only get 4 done so dropped to 65, my biceps were still shaking!)
ss w/
Pullover - 25# (should have tried 30 to be honest)

My muscles were already fatigued, now they're toast. Not sure what I'll do today. Had planned on SB with SJP Abs. I really need to get my workouts done today and tomorrow as I have a very full day starting at 11 on Sat. Just not sure it'll happen though.

Debbie - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Nora - sounds like you had a great workout last night. I need to get yoga advice from you. I too need a calming, stretching DVD.

Hi to Roxie, Wendy, & Chris!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite after work I have a haircut so if I get a workout in it will probably be KCMs 30min KB. I need some input from you girls. I want to do the Jillian Michaels workouts and I was thinking of getting a mini trampoline to lessen the impact of the butt kicks, jumping jacks, and whatever else might be hard on my knee what do you think?

Debbie-I am keeping my fingers crossed you get the job. Great job on the ab work.

Heather-nice wts. I know how those tired days go.

Holy cow, I feel SO much better today! I have no idea what the heck hit me yesterday, but it's gone! Phsewwww!

Have some nice DOMS in my buttock areas, even from my measely little leg workout yesterday. I even feel my core kicking in, maybe from BL Yoga? Could it be? Cool!

Nora: Oh no, you got it backwards! LOL!. I LOVED BL Yoga!!!! Had a hard time with Butts & Guts, Legs. The Sara Ivanhoe Candlelight Yoga sounds VERY nice!!!

Today I want to do a nice long step cardio, to break it up a little. Plus I got into the peanut butter last night. Some nights i just don't have the willpower to say "no" to those little voices. So , of course, the scale is yelling at me , since I've eaten over 2000 calories for the last 4 out of 7 days. Payback!

Debbie: Will start thinking good thoughts for you now for that interview! :) , Nice stretch out today! I love using the med ball for abs too.

Heather: Great weight work yesterday! It's so hard to get motivated so late in the day , esp when you're tired. That's awesome! .. I know , my Saturday is too busy for a workout, so I'm doubling up tomorrow's weights with cardio.

Roxie: KCM is a great 30 minute workout! It's ONLY 30 minutes!!! You can do it! ... I've never used a mini tramp, so not sure at all about using it for Jillians workouts. But it might be a good investment if you do have impact issues. Just not sure what kind of workouts you can do on it, except jump up and down (and that sounds boring to me! LOL!)

Now onto picking out a long step workout... should I do, RS? Or SB? what else is there.....

So glad you're feeling better today! I vote for SB. Do you have Hardcore Extreme? The hi/low premix is a good, long cardio too.

Holy cow, I feel SO much better today! I have no idea what the heck hit me yesterday, but it's gone! Phsewwww!

Have some nice DOMS in my buttock areas, even from my measely little leg workout yesterday. I even feel my core kicking in, maybe from BL Yoga? Could it be? Cool!

Nora: Oh no, you got it backwards! LOL!. I LOVED BL Yoga!!!! Had a hard time with Butts & Guts, Legs. The Sara Ivanhoe Candlelight Yoga sounds VERY nice!!!

Today I want to do a nice long step cardio, to break it up a little. Plus I got into the peanut butter last night. Some nights i just don't have the willpower to say "no" to those little voices. So , of course, the scale is yelling at me , since I've eaten over 2000 calories for the last 4 out of 7 days. Payback!

Debbie: Will start thinking good thoughts for you now for that interview! :) , Nice stretch out today! I love using the med ball for abs too.

Heather: Great weight work yesterday! It's so hard to get motivated so late in the day , esp when you're tired. That's awesome! .. I know , my Saturday is too busy for a workout, so I'm doubling up tomorrow's weights with cardio.

Roxie: KCM is a great 30 minute workout! It's ONLY 30 minutes!!! You can do it! ... I've never used a mini tramp, so not sure at all about using it for Jillians workouts. But it might be a good investment if you do have impact issues. Just not sure what kind of workouts you can do on it, except jump up and down (and that sounds boring to me! LOL!)

Now onto picking out a long step workout... should I do, RS? Or SB? what else is there.....

Hi girls -

Great to hear everyone is making it throught their workouts (even when we don't feel like it!) Sounds like we're getting back on track.... I say "we" because......

Yesterday was my busy day - gone ALL day! And I wanted to catch up on the news, and finish watching the Biggest Loser (ironic). So I proceeded to eat 1/2 a bag of baked Lays before I thought "hm..I should save some of these for my DDs lunch" so I moved on to Triscuits! Really!?!??! Really, Wendy?!?!?
So I got up early and did the Gauntlet from the Terminator disc. Totally rocked it! Then I added Bootcamp abs. There! I'm hoping I erased the carb overload damage from last night!??
I'm off to work again! Good luck with a long workout, Chris! Hope you get a great sweat in! Debbie, prayers for less anxiety and clear thinking for your interview tomorrow!
Hugs to all...I'm off to work....have a great day..

Wendy - good job with your workout this morning. I think we all have days (even weeks) of just bad eating. I guess it's the one chip can't stop thing!

I have decided to declare today as a rest day. There, I said it, so be it.

Again, didn't have time for personals today but thank you all for the well wishes for me tomorrow! I'll update you all on Saturday morning on how it went!

Great workouts everyone!

I ended up doing the All Step Premix from SJP, and then SB Combos #2 and #3 + The Challenge (as an add on). WOO HOO! Great sweat there for 90 Minutes! I also did Stability ball Abs from Abs Circuit. My abs are really sore today, that BL Yoga kicked something in that hadn't been kicked recently!! :eek:

Wendy: LOVE that you ate chips before watching Biggest Loser! And then went on to something else because it was your kid's chips. TOTALLY sounds like something i would do!!!

Gotta run and start up some dinnAH!

Hi girls!:)

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: MMA: Kickbox= 53 Min
Calories burned= 543

Yoga Zone Intro to Power Yoga= 40 Min (2- 20 Minute workouts)
Calories burned= 109

Total Calories= 652

Debbie- I'll be sure to say a prayer for you, I hope you nail the interview and get the job! Good luck!!;)

Heather- Great workout today, WTG!! My absolute favorite Yoga DVD's the best of the very best would be anything Rodney Yee, Baron Baptiste, Bryan Kest, and Sara Ivanhoe. I've heard that Shiva Rea is excellent as well, all of those mentioned above are Yoga instructors and teach just yoga and are all excellent and show modifications and want you to work at your level, not theres. Others that are still good would be Biggest Loser Yoga, I know Jillian has a Yoga workout coming out soon. I tend to stick with Yoga instructors for Yoga they know great form and show great modifications the average beginner or so can do, which is me. I've done yoga for a few years but I wouldn't attempt anything that makes me feel like I'd need to be stretch armstrong or a cast member of circque de soile to do! :p :p

Chris- Oh, I'm glad you liked BL Yoga, I like it. Its not a walk in the park but i do feel really good after I do it. I noticed that Jillian has a BL yoga workout coming out soon too, I'm curious and can't wait for clips to go up at Collage video.com to check it out. I did get a little bit of doms from Bob's BL Yoga, but in a good way and I love the stretch and elongated feeling from yoga. Nice workout today! Bravo!!!

Wendy- Hi, I know what you mean. I wish I had back my teenage metabolism you know eat anything you want not gain, or skip a meal lose 10lbs. Awesome job, on the Gauntlet and boot camp abs both are awesome and great calorie burners and just super fun. WTG!!!:eek::D

Ok, girls that's it for me today. Have a great evening and I'll see ya at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs to everyone, and extra hugs to Belinda and well wishes. Hugs and good luck to Debbie tomorrow on her job interview.;):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.