Crazy, Strong & Loving it 1/27

Today was full body again and I did the same workout I did last Wednesday but in superset format. Had a great workout. Felt a bit tired due to TTOM, but yesterday was worse. So its all good.

4 sets with 8 reps and 90 second rest between each superset.

SS #1
Arnold Press - 25's (stayed the same)
ss w/
Hack Squats - 80# (Up 5#)
***Arnolds were tough last week so I thought I'd rather stay at the same weight then risk injury. I almost dropped down to 22's but sucked it up.

SS #2
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 22's (up 2#)
ss w/
Overhead Tricep Extension - 37# (up 2#)
***Biceps were pumped by the time I got done.

SS #3
Incline Barbell Press - 90# (up 5#)
ss w/
T-Bar Row - 65# (up 5#)
***Love this superset. I'm so glad I got myself that T-bar handle, it is so cool!

That is all...

Hi ladies. I was wide awake at 5:15 after DH left for swim so I got up and did HiiT Pyramid twice through then stretched, stretched, stretched. My hams are so freaking sore from the other day. Last night I did Cardio Fusion and it was a crappy workout for me. Usually that's a good calorie burner, but my HR was below where it typically is the entire time and would just plummet the second I stopped moving. Seriously ticked me off. I was furious by the time I was done. I know that's totally irrational too. I also did abs and stretched a while.

I will likely do weights after work at the gym.

Debbie - good job with your weights this morning. When I go home and get my gym bag, I think I'm going to go ahead and pack my micro load gloves so I can increase on the Arnold Presses. I know I can't do 25, but want to try to go heavier than 20's. I also want to be able to go up for bicep curls as well.

Nora - holy cow with your calorie burn last night.

Roxie - good job with your workout. Hope you enjoyed it.

Chris - what do you have in store today??

Wendy - hope you have a great workout!

Good Morning,

Tonite is EBs Zen Sculpt.

Heather-I did enjoy it for some reason I just wanted to do that workout.

Debbie-nice job on the wts. When is ab day?

NICE weight workout this morning, Debbie! The supersets sound like great combos.

Heather: Holy cow, Pyramid HiiT, twice? You are a cardio junkie in the TRUE sense!! Sorry CF was a bomb for you. Maybe you need to back off on the cardio for a little while if you're body is doing that to you during a workout like that. I know this is a tough subject, but have you thought about taking a week off from workouts? A TRUE rest week, with just stretching and , maybe walking! (I know, i know, crazy, but I truly think it would benefit you). I need to too, actually. I never "rested" during my STS recovery weeks, I'd do cardio every day. And I haven't had a true rest week in way too long. Maybe after this present rotation...

Wendy: CCC isn't one of my favorites either. I haven't done Circuit Blast yet, so now i'm not looking forward to it so much. But maybe you're right, it just has to grow on ya! And YES, the squat thrust squats ARE obnoxious, along with the mountain climbers. In fact, mountain climbers are my least favorite move after butt kicks over the step! :eek:

Roxie: Nice that you got some cardio in last night!

Nora: You DID get an AWESOME calorie burn yesterday! How did you like the Bonus Heavy Bag workout? Do you have a heavy bag?

As for me, I wasn't SURE I was going to like MMA: Fusion, because the second combo (or blast) was very hard for me to get, and I got frustrated (kicking through to the front from the back... do you know which one I mean?) Could NOT do that , I mostly just stood there with my mouth open! ... But the rest of it was soooo cool! I truly enjoy the punching, and the striking and the power moves. LOVE them! And the ab work was so different! The turtle move? LOVED it!!! ("Turtle, turtle").

Today I have GS Legs Standing + the floorwork from PLB. I'm tired from not a good night's sleep last night. But I'm going to push myself and see what happens! It's weird, I actually have some tightness/DOMS in my hamstrings. Could that have happened from MMA: Fusion?

Hey Chris - I most definitely need a true rest week. I haven't taken one (not a real one, ever). My STS breaks were still cardio, just no weights. This morning's workout was great though. I felt energized. Maybe yesterday was just a crappy day period. I have been trying to back off the amount of cardio I do. Really and truly. Over the past three weeks I have knocked off an hour of workout time. I've also been trying to vary it more, not just all or nothing (like Imax 3, Imax 2, Cardio Fusion, Imax 3, HiiT, Imax 3! LOL). I've been trying to enjoy some of the less intense Shock Cardio workouts like the boxing and MMA Fusion. I'm trying to remember which one you're talking about. There is one that you squat down and put your leg front or some crap then alternate jumps. That may be boxing. They are starting to run together!!!

Have fun with your leg workouts.

NICE weight workout this morning, Debbie! The supersets sound like great combos.

Heather: Holy cow, Pyramid HiiT, twice? You are a cardio junkie in the TRUE sense!! Sorry CF was a bomb for you. Maybe you need to back off on the cardio for a little while if you're body is doing that to you during a workout like that. I know this is a tough subject, but have you thought about taking a week off from workouts? A TRUE rest week, with just stretching and , maybe walking! (I know, i know, crazy, but I truly think it would benefit you). I need to too, actually. I never "rested" during my STS recovery weeks, I'd do cardio every day. And I haven't had a true rest week in way too long. Maybe after this present rotation...

Wendy: CCC isn't one of my favorites either. I haven't done Circuit Blast yet, so now i'm not looking forward to it so much. But maybe you're right, it just has to grow on ya! And YES, the squat thrust squats ARE obnoxious, along with the mountain climbers. In fact, mountain climbers are my least favorite move after butt kicks over the step! :eek:

Roxie: Nice that you got some cardio in last night!

Nora: You DID get an AWESOME calorie burn yesterday! How did you like the Bonus Heavy Bag workout? Do you have a heavy bag?

As for me, I wasn't SURE I was going to like MMA: Fusion, because the second combo (or blast) was very hard for me to get, and I got frustrated (kicking through to the front from the back... do you know which one I mean?) Could NOT do that , I mostly just stood there with my mouth open! ... But the rest of it was soooo cool! I truly enjoy the punching, and the striking and the power moves. LOVE them! And the ab work was so different! The turtle move? LOVED it!!! ("Turtle, turtle").

Today I have GS Legs Standing + the floorwork from PLB. I'm tired from not a good night's sleep last night. But I'm going to push myself and see what happens! It's weird, I actually have some tightness/DOMS in my hamstrings. Could that have happened from MMA: Fusion?

Hey again,

TOTAL change of plans! I went over to OD and saw a posting on Butts & Guts, and suddenly felt a change of heart. I really really like that workout for legs, and decided to do the leg portion only (no guts).

I went downstairs and started it. It made my head feel WORSE. Dizzy and pounding. I kept saying "one more exercise". And talked myself into doing all the standing work (which I truly would have enjoyed if my head wasn't spinning!). I did the stretch, which felt great. Yesterday I got a new yoga workout at Walmart. At the suggestion of Nora, i got the Biggest Loser Yoga Workout. I decided to try a bit of it. The warm up was easy , but the rest really felt like work. My legs were quivering, even. (and holding the planks, my arms too!)I can see doing this for a WORKOUT one day (it has 2 or 3 more sections). Seriously, I was quivering AND sweating! But they werent' complicated moves, I'm not a complicated Yoga gal. Thanks, Nora, for the suggestion!

So that's it for me today. My head feels crappy, lightheaded and foggy. But , hey, the stomach pain is gone today! (had it ALL day yesterday!). *sigh*.

Heather: It's hard for me to do, to take an FULL rest week, but I know, in the past when I have, I've felt so energized the following week. (and the feeling lasts!). ... Yes, that move you are talking about IS the move I meant. And it's in Fusion. it's hard, isnt' it?

Not sure what I'm going to do today. Ihate to waste it by laying around , but my head feels horrible. Not a headACHE, just foggy and dizzy and lightheaded. :confused:

Chris - so glad you mentioned the yoga DVD. I have decided that I need to get one and try. Maybe it'll help my stress level too!!! I HATE that move. It starts off not soooo bad, but it gets that way quick, and then with the jumps. First off, I'm afraid I'm going to slip on the mat, or make the mat slip. As for your head, are you getting sick???

Hey again,

TOTAL change of plans! I went over to OD and saw a posting on Butts & Guts, and suddenly felt a change of heart. I really really like that workout for legs, and decided to do the leg portion only (no guts).

I went downstairs and started it. It made my head feel WORSE. Dizzy and pounding. I kept saying "one more exercise". And talked myself into doing all the standing work (which I truly would have enjoyed if my head wasn't spinning!). I did the stretch, which felt great. Yesterday I got a new yoga workout at Walmart. At the suggestion of Nora, i got the Biggest Loser Yoga Workout. I decided to try a bit of it. The warm up was easy , but the rest really felt like work. My legs were quivering, even. (and holding the planks, my arms too!)I can see doing this for a WORKOUT one day (it has 2 or 3 more sections). Seriously, I was quivering AND sweating! But they werent' complicated moves, I'm not a complicated Yoga gal. Thanks, Nora, for the suggestion!

So that's it for me today. My head feels crappy, lightheaded and foggy. But , hey, the stomach pain is gone today! (had it ALL day yesterday!). *sigh*.

Heather: It's hard for me to do, to take an FULL rest week, but I know, in the past when I have, I've felt so energized the following week. (and the feeling lasts!). ... Yes, that move you are talking about IS the move I meant. And it's in Fusion. it's hard, isnt' it?

Not sure what I'm going to do today. Ihate to waste it by laying around , but my head feels horrible. Not a headACHE, just foggy and dizzy and lightheaded. :confused:

My head issues have graduated to pressure/headache thing behind my right eye. Don't feel much better. I get like this sometimes. Not sure if it's sinus stuff aggravated by my poor sleep. It usually doesn't last. *Fingers crossed* it doesn't this time either. At least I dont have to go to work.

Heather: Not sure if the Biggest Loser Yoga is for relaxing. I mean , it gets some good stretches going, but you hold them for so long, your legs/arms start to burn a little. THe poses are simple, so far. Maybe Nora has done more of it? I only did the warm up and the first 15 minute section. ... I remember I got a Tracey Staehle Yoga that was WAY too much for me. The poses required some MAJOR balance, and HOLDING them. Not my thang! LOL!.

Oh yeah, my foot kept getting caught on the matt when I tried to get it under. I guess it can be done , but it's not easy! Maybe some day... LOL!

Hi girls!;)

I'll just check in quickly.

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: Step Moves= 44 Min
Calories burned= 421
I think this is a fun workout but it will take me at least a half dozen to a dozen times to get it down, so that's a bit of a bummer but still it was fun. The choreography is definitely the most challenging of Cathe's workouts she's done thus far in my opinion, but will be so much fun once you get the steps down.

P90X Shoulders & Arms= 56 min
Calories burned= 459
Great workout today! I increased my weights by 20% and did about the same reps. I'm always happy to see progress. :)

P90X Ab RipperX= 16 min
Calories= 98
If you want a killer ab workout this is the one! Doms guaranteed! Good stuff though and challenging some of the moves are ones I struggle with but I figure its good to have something to work towards.

Total calories burned= 978:eek:!! I love that!

Belinda- I hope your doing better and that the doctors have found some answers for you.

Chris- I'm sorry you didn't enjoy The Biggest Loser Yoga. If you want one that is straight forward stress relief and relaxing that's for all levels, I'd suggest Sara Ivahoe's - Crunch Candelight Yoga- it has two workouts on it. One is a Energize yoga and its 16 min in length. The other is 43 minutes in length. Sara is very low key and does not expect people to be double jointed yoga masters. Her approach is more for the person that is new to yoga and not pressure anyone to weird pretzel like positions. I can't do alot of balance poses now that I have MS. Sara is great with showing modifications. I have three or four of her yoga DVDs and I think three of them are from Crunch exercise DVDs you can check them out on Collage video.com. I hope that's helpful info, again sorry about your not enjoying The biggest loser yoga. I like that one its a bit of a challenge for me its more intense than Sara Ivanhoe's in my opinion. I hate YogaX from P90X its too long, the music or lack there of sucks and there is so much repetition its boring and there aren't alot of balance poses modification shown. Now Stretch X is da bomb! I know go figure!;)

My hand is about to give out on me going almost all the way numb so I'd better go. Please take care everyone and I hope if you worked out today it was a fun workout day for you. Has there been an update on Belinda?

Good night girls, seeya at tomorrows check in.;):)

Hugs!:):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.