Commit to get fit and lean for Tue Jan 29th 2008

Good Morning Girls:)

Im up waaaay to early and typing with only one hand again! I was so tired last night and went to bed around 9:30, just as I doozed off DS woke up! I knew that was going to happen b/c he wasn't feeling well yesterday, didn't eat much and was in bed by 6:30.I gave him a bottle, then he cuddled for a bit and went back to sleep but decided that at 4 o'clock it was time to start his day!x( I tried putting him back to bed but by the time 5 rolled around, I gave up! So here we are! Him up in my arms again watching t.v while I use one hand for everything! LOL
I also have baby group here today at 9 and he will probably be gone for his nap by then.Unless he goes around 6ish,which would be great cause I could get a workout in and nap with him this afternoon:)

Yesterday ended up being a rest day:) Im not sure when my last rest day was....I thought it would give me more energy for todays workout but with the early rise,I highly doubt it!
Im planning on doing a 6 mile run and 4DS UB:)

Belinda** Enjoy your cardio workout!

Im going to check yesterdays thread to see what I missed!

Lori:)

Ameila** Are you sore from yesterdays workout? I hate that. Well...not even that so much as not breaking a sweat. When I workout I want to feel it! And sweat is a good sign of hard work.Sounds like you are taking it easier on your UB and torturing your lower half! LOL:+ I think you should soon post some pics! I have been chatting to you for a yr now and still have only a mental pic of what you look like!

Carrie** How as your workout? I know what you mean about not having enough room with a baby in the house. Their toys sure do take up alot of room,don't they? Just wait until he has his first b-day! Actually, I found christmas to be worse then his b-day. We built a new home b/c we were having a baby and didn't even bother to have a playroom in there! What dummies! So now we took the spare bedroom as his playroom, for now.

Laine** Glad to hear you got some kind of workout in yesterday! Be kind to those knees! They are the only ones you have.I suppose now a days you can get new ones if you need them! LOL Last night when I was cleaning the floor my right knee really hurt, when I looked I had a big bruise on it! I remember hitting it yesterday but I didn't think I hit it that hard. When we were growing up and I wouldn't eat my dinner, I would hide under the table and my mom use to always say "get up, your fathers gone to get the belt" LOL I never got hit with it but I tell ya, I certainly wasn't about to see if he were gonna use it. Thats whats wrong with kids these days...not the fact that we aren't allowed to hit them anymore;) but b/c we can't they aren't afraid of anyone or anything. Most teenagers have no respect for their parents or teachers anymore.

Stacy** You seem like such a good mom! Do you enjoy staying home? Obviously you do, or you wouldn't do it. Sometimes I think I would like to stay home but then they are other days that I feel like calling work to see if they need me!:+ I just like not having a schedule, if that makes sense. I know with kids there is always some sort of schedule but I really enjoyed having that yr off and not having to be anywhere on any particular day.

Shannon** Nice workout yesterday. I enjoy C&W's, haven't done it in a while though. I also know what you mean about company. Its nice to see them comming, but also nice to see them going:7 BFL is a great program if you can stick with it. Me, I ended up gaining 2 lbs somewhere along the way and it won't leave! I don't know why! Its stuck to me like glue. I use to weigh 116-118, 116 being at the lower end when I didn't eat very much the day before. Now I am up to 119-120. Its not the end of the world and I think the reason i started freaking out was b/c I was afraid that the scale wasn't going to stop moving up! LOL If I can maintain 120, Im fine with that as well. Good luck with the program.

Cheryl** How are you feeling today? Better I hope. Sometimes those colds can be so nasty!

Kristine** Glad to hear you got a workout in yesterday! Whats wrong with your back? Did you hurt it or was it the workout that hurt it!

I think that catches me up on personnals! Now I am debating doing 4DS UB or GS? Depending on the time maybe. If DS goes for a nap maybe I will do GS B,S,B and a run and tomorrow before work I can do another run plus GS C&T. We will see!

Good Morning Violets

Today is imax2 or drillmax for 25-30mins.Yay,I love these short little high intensity cardio workouts:D Im going shopping for my treadmill today:7 I hope i can find one that I like,if not I will have to order the one Ive had my eye on online!

Belinda-I did cardio sunday and was in agony to begin with but once my muslce started warming i was ok...until that night,LOL:+. I hope you have a fun cardio without feeling those sore legs too much! Your doing so good,good for you girl!;-)

Lori-Yeah,i have been thinking about posting a pic of me soon! But dangit I want to wait until I get this last bit of weight off;-) Im so stubborn...I want to look my best:D . Im sorry your little guy woke up so early,that kinda stinks! LOL,i was thinking the same thing about my LB workout and then my UB workout yesteray....I really need to fry my arms on friday(my next scheduled ub workout) I do plan on getting some more various sized DBs today or tommorrow! Enjoy baby group today and I hope you get in another monster workout today....and good for you for taking a rest day yesterday,I don't recall you ever taken one:p

ok,gotta go surf cathe land some more...bbl

Hi Girls--

Today's workout will be KenpoX. I am really sore from yesterdays Core Syn. That workout kinda sucks. But maybe it's because I kinda suck at doing it?

Belinda-glad you liked your iTrain. Sounds like fun. Have you ever tried Cardio Coach?

Lori-I try and throw alot of DS toys' out. I am a mean mommy. I have no tolerance for crap lying around. I am dreading his first b'day. We are keeping it small-just grandparents ( at least that is my plan).

Amelia-I saw your big order on OD!. Wow-way to keep the economy going with that! And you are getting a TM? No worries of a recession here! You really should post a pic. I don't want to post mine, but I have had such good results, I am going too. I am thinking about setting up a webpage after I finish. I don't mind posting my 'after'. but I am embarassed about my 'before'.

Hey girls,just finished drillmax cardio about 21minutes of it!

Belinda-WTG on the weight loss,how much have you lost in total since starting bfl? Im at 5pds so far(but got about 25 or so to go x(,but it will come;-)) How was itread,I think i might look into them soon!

Carrie-Im looking forward to your after pics...I too get a little embarressed when I think about how much i use weigh :-(,but the important thing is that im getting it off,im driven to get it off-does that make sense!

ok,DH is ready to go bbl

Hi everyone. Ewan and I are having a quiet day at home so we can rest. He seems to have some poopin' issues today, anyway, so I'd rather not go out with him.

I'm trying to talk DH into new bedding for our bedroom. I am on a brown and soft blue kick lately and I think that would look nice in our room. I already got some brown baskets to use on these open shelves we have--it looks nicer than just having stuff loose in those shelves. I also ordered a nicer laundry hamper that matches them. Here's the bedding I like:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/59337110166CZ.jpg

It's not just the looks but the fact that we need something warmer than the light comforter we bought when we lived in Houston.

Oh, and here's a picture of Ewan wearing my sunglasses this morning:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/IMG_3594.jpg

I think he looks like a little rock star. :D

BBSoon for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

OK, Back for personals.

Also, I forgot to mention anything about eating or working out.... Typical. I am actually a bit sore from my physical therapy yesterday--hips and hamstrings. My shoulders are also sore from 4DS LIS. As for melting--um, did pretty well eating yesterday, but had too big a bowl of cereal this morning. Oh well, I'll eat veggie soup and yogurt for lunch to make up for that. Today I plan to do some non-step stepping--going to try Tracey Staehle's HISM 2 with my MatStep. I haven't done it yet though I preordered it so I've had it for a while. I'll probably have to modify to lower impact. Still a cough and mucus-y but slept o.k. at least.

Lori, sorry you had such an early morning. :( Is DS feeling any better today?

Amelia, good luck shopping for a TM! I still haven't talked DH into a stationary bike. x(

Carrie, you should put up both a before and after pic to inspire the rest of us!

Belinda, congrats on the great weight loss!

OK, gotta run do some laundry.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Ugh,.....Im soooo lazy! You do NOT even understand how lazy I am~!

DS went back to bed around 6:50. It was pointless for me to go back b/c I had to wake DD at 7:20 for school and I would have just given myself a little headache from that nap. Instead, I got my workout done:7 I did GS C&T, went heavy with the weights and thought i was gonna drop a db on my face! Thats what I always think about when I am doing chest work, bad way to lose a tooth if you ask me! LOL Oh and a 7 mile run.
I have DS out in hi crib now with hopes that he is gonna have a nap cause Im right behind him:)

Belinda** Good workout and great job on the weightloss!

Ameila** short workouts are awesome...I just don't do them;) When I followed BFL before though I loved doing short runs and thats all I did.

Carrie** Have fun with your workout!And your not a mean mom...well...maybe a little! hehe

Laine** Im not sure whats up with DS. I don't think he as any teeth comming in. I think its just something viral. Is temp is gone so thats a good thing. I hope we get a better sleep tonight.

Off to check the babe and hopefully I will be going for a nap:)

Hey ladies,

I slept much much better last night since I have the bed all to myself again:) I had a peaceful morning too, no noise just relaxing and drinking my coffee. Today's workout will be GS legs, abs, & yoga.

Lori - I'm sorry you didn't get much rest last night but it looks like you still got a great workout in:) As far as the two lbs maybe it's muscle or water weight from lifting heavy. You look great so it's nothing to worry about:)

Amelia - Great workout, DM is tough. I saw someone mentioned you bought some workouts, which ones did you get?

Belinda - Congratulations on the weight loss, that is great. I have most of the Cardio Coaches and they are really good. Coach Sean pushes you and they make the time go by much faster.

Lainie - The bedding you picked out is very pretty, I believe I saw something similar to that at Bed Bath & Beyond. Glad to hear that your physical therapy went well. Have fun with your workout.

Hello to anyone I missed:)

Amelia** how much I lost since I stated BFL! I didn’t have a scale until Jan. 14 I did have a weigh in at my doctor’s office in Nov. I lost a total of 10 pounds! The scale doesn’t move very week! Good job on your workout! I did the 4DS rotation and than right after I started with BFL!

Lainie** I love the new bedding! Very nice! Your little guy is so cute! Nice workout today!

Lori** awesome job on the GS workout this morning! Did you get a nap today!

Hi to the rest of the gang!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey girls,Im SO proud of myself! DH and I,plus little ds went to a buffet for lunch and all I had was two salads:) I just refuse to give in at this point!

so no treadmill yet,I went to a local sporting good store and there prices were not what I had in mind!

Lainie-I LOVE the bedding,those colors are IN right now!! Love the 'cool dude' pic too;-)

Lori-Great workout,I hope you get that nap your waiting for;-)

Shannon-I purchased a bunch(actually Too many workouts,LOL) but I just couldn't choose!Great workout planned today,WOW! oh,i purchased,the high step w/3pk dvd set,SJP/SB,LM,Gym Style Series,and the Pyramids:+!

Hey to everybody else!

Hi, everyone! What an upper to see everyone's posts today.

Belinda, yes, how much weight have you lost in total? YOu are on such a roll!

So are you, Amelia! Nothing's stopping you now. I can feel it.

Lori, anyone who's accompished all you have fitness wise, especially right after a pregnancy, has no right to use the word lazy, you hear? LOL! You are one of the most hardworking ladies I know.

Lainie, thanks for sharing those pix. Ewan is adorable. Take care of those knees.

Well, for the first time in a week I am ekking my way through C&W with pauses between the segments. I'm on segment 3 and feeling so much better at last. I'm so glad. I will never take my health for granted again. That sinus infection was nasty!!!

Have a great afternoon, everyone!!

Cheryl

Hey Girls, Just waking from my nap! Of course my darling friend had to call and wake me up. Who calls, hangs up and then calls right back again? She does!

I lay there for a while not knowing if I would get to sleep but I finally drifted off. I know I got atleast 45 mins. Thats o.k though. Enough to get me through the rest of the day without chewing someones head off but not enough that I won't be able to sleep tonight. I think I need a cup of coffee though.:)

Ameila** Sorry to hear the prices weren't in your range.Like I said before its to bad you didn't live in Canada then you could get a good one at the Canadian Tire store! LOL I wonder do they ship to the US? They do have an online store. It isn't an all out tire store, its a mans store though. Mostly tools and trash like that;) LOL But they do have household stuff, a few toys for kids and of course, fitness equip.
Good job on not eating bad things for dinner!

Shannon** Glad to hear someone had a good nights sleep!:+ Cross your fingers for me tonight that I get a good one. He is still asleep now which still gives me a little bit more "me" time:)

Cheryl** Glad to hear you are making your way through C&W's. Thats a easier workout for you to start with. Do you know that once you have stopped running for a week its like you've never ran? True story...yep! You have to start out all over again...a friend, of a friend of mine told me:p LOL

Belinda** Yeah a nap and a workout. My day couldn't be any better!

I think that catches me up:) We were debating going into the city for the weekend but I am thinking about snagging a OT shift on Sun and staying home. DD wants to go shopping but she as no money and that means she will have to use mine!;( And with all my recent purchases...I don't have much either. Maybe we should plan a trip for my next weekend off.That will also give her some time to save up some money.

Hey everyone!
I have a lot of personals to catch up on I see, but may have to do it later. My DS Alex is still sick, took him to the doctor yesterday and found out it is not the flu or strep, which is good. He just has a nasty viral infection.

The bad news is that I seem to have caught a touch of it:( :( :(

Not very happy about it. I'm achey all over and lots of congestion. No fun. So no workout yesterday or today, and not sure what tomorrow will bring! I need to get rested up and better before I workout again for sure.

Lori, What kind words you sent me about being a mom:) That made my day, thank you! I certainly do my best, and like anything there are good days and bad days. I worked a very stressful HR corporate job for 5 yrs before having kids and can honestly say I love being home much more! It has really made me reevaluate what kind of job I will do once Ryan is older. For now, I'm enjoying being an at home mom with my little ones. I'll probably start looking into some type of part time work within the next year, but it will definitely be something not too stressful and allow me to put my family first!! Hope that makes sense.

Okay, hello to everyone else, I'll do my best to do personals later. If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm fighting this virus!

Later everyone;)

Stacey

Stacy** Sorry to hear Alex isn't very well. Whatever happened to 24 hour colds? Those days are over. I dunno...when you said you slept with Amex cause you were afraid you wouldn't hear him kind of made me sense that you were a good mom!
I also think everyone here are outstanding mommas!:) Ameila plays toys and watches movies with her DS, Laine is carting kids around wherever she goes....you guys get the pic! You are all awesome moms and we still get to workout and some of us work! I think we have it alll figured out ya know! We have a good balance of everything! LOL:)

Hi ladies,

Checking in late, but I am checking in ;) . I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, but today I am back on track. I did IMAX2 today and it seems especially hard today that I wanted to quit after 5 intervals, but hey I made myself do the whole workout and I am really proud :7 .

Belinda - Great job on the weight loss. I am right with you, my scale didn't move forever and it finally does, so it feels great. Never done an iTrain workout, glad you liked it. I might look into it.

Lori - I don't know why my back hurts. I am thinking it's our matress so we turned it yesterday and it seemed to have helped. It didn't bother me at all during my workout, so that's good.

Amelia - Hope that you find a treadmill you like soon. I have a Horizon and I love it!!! It's not too fancy, so just what I was looking for.

Carrie - I don't like Core Syn either. It goes by fast but I think its sucky too :p .

Lainie - Oh, love the bedding, it looks really nice. And you little guy is so cute!!!

Shannon - Hope you had a nice workout and I am glad you slept better last night. I don't like it if I am groggy all day because I didn't sleep well.

Cheryl - Oh, so nice to see you! I am glad you are finally feeling better and got to do a workout.

Stacey - So sorry to hear that Alex is still not well and you are starting to feel bad as well. Lori is right, you really seem like a wonderful mom and I love to ask you for advice. Hope you and Alex get to feel better soon.

Ok, gotta go.

Kristine :)

Hey girls,

I finished my workout and then went to get my oil changes, vehicle washed, and to the grocery store. Now I get to sit here and relax:)

Amelia - Wow, that is quite a few workouts. I love your choices, all good ones. I've been wanting the Body Blast Series Discount Bundle. I may order that later this month.

Lori - Good to hear you got a little nap. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will rest better tonight.

Stacey - I'm sorry to hear that your son is still sick, hopefully he will feel better soon.

Kristine - Great workout, I love Imax 2 it's so much fun. I agree if I don't get enough rest I am dragging the next day too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.