Commit to get fit and lean for Thu Jan 17th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

How is everyone doing this morning?? I went to the gym with my DH this morning! I ran for 20 min.! I couldn’t run any longer; since I didn’t have my MP3 player! My DD took my MP3 player with her to the states to put music on it! I tried to add iTrain on the MP3 payer, but couldn’t figure it out without the Manuel! This by the way is in the states! Now I don’t have music or iTrain on my MP3!

I will be back for personals!

Have a terrific Thursday!
Belinda

Hi girls!

Shannon** I have been working out constantly with Cathe for over a year! I first discovered Cathe on TV and the rest is history! My favorite workouts, I have to say I love them all! Not to motioned I own all Cathe’s DVD’s accept one (I don’t have The Classics)! I also preordered STS! You look really pretty in your wedding pic. Here is a little about me: I am married for almost 25 years! I meet my DH while he was stationed in Germany! He is in the U.S Army for the last 26 years. My DH and I are currently stationed in Grafenwoehr Germany. This will be a 2-3 year tour! I am German! I was born and raised in Germany. I have two beautiful kids, my DD is 22 years and my son will be 19 years old next month, they both are in college! I am very proud! We adapted to dogs from the shelter! They are my babies!

Kristine** I am glad you feeling better! I am glad you made it through CW! Great job! I hope you enjoyed lunch with your friend yesterday?

Carrie** we are chatty here! Don’t worry if you don’t have time for responding with in depth personals every day! We know you have small kids! It has been raining all day yesterday!LOL! Did you get your abs in yesterday? Nice workout yesterday! I hate working my abs!

Amelia** your meals look great! Good job staying on track! How did your school go yesterday? Are you getting the TM from WW?

Lori** you a superwoman! You impress me with your energy! You went heavier than Cathe? ^^^^ 5! I am glad you liked the premix! That is a good burner isn’t it? I told you girls I am going through all my Cathe premixes! Did you do any of the Supersets premixes before? I will do them soon! They look really good! Great job on your eating! How exciting having your own wheels again, now you will be driving around to show your new car off? Ha, ha,,,,we are not going to see you around much anymore?LOL!

Cheryl** I am sending you healing vibes! Make sure you get lots of rest! Hope you on your feet real soon! I am glad you liked the title!

Lainie** how are you today! What are your plans for today?

Mary** I hope you still with us? How are you doing today? Pop in when you have time!

Stacy** I hope you have a good day today!What are your plans for today?

Off for more cardio! I don't want to put have to!

I will be back later!

Have a wonderful day and workout! We all doing really good this week! Keep up the good work! We can do this together!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning Belinda and All you follow:) :)

I had a easy night at work but I am looking forward to going home and crawling into the bed:) I will probably only need to sleep for a couple of hours though.
Todays workout will be just cardio and abs. There isn't any other body part for me to work! LOL Im planning on a long run but we see how much energy I have.

Belinda** Thats great about your step! How nice! My sister bought my step for me for christmas one yr and my high step for my bday! I have a really great sister..incase you didn't know:) But she just recently sent me MIC..so I don't think she is that great anymore;) I use to have that one on VHS and it broke, I guess she bought another one on DVD and sent me her old VHS workout. I do have dvd.vhs player and it is mine b/c I got it for christmas one yr but its in the babies playroom and I feel bad taking it from him. Some of his favorite enstein movies are on vhs.So I will just have to keep dping my dvds downstairs.
I would really like to have 30 lbs to do presses with but I think 20 lbs is my max with flies.I could probably go up by one or two pounts but to go from 40 to 50 is a bring incline.

Cheryl** I see you checked in with us last night! Hope your feeling alot better today. Usually it takes a couple of days and then the cold is gone again. Unless you get a doozy that hangs on for a week.How is BFL treating you? Im enjoying it but I still have to have my cookie or chocolate at the end of the day. Not a real big deal cause I don't usually have my 3rd meal.

Laine** Did you start the 4DS yesterday? This isn't your first time using these workouts though, is it? I really hope you see some results from this rotation and break that plateau you have been in.

Carrie** Whats on the agenda for today? What are you doing for cardio? I can't wait to hear what your results with P90X were. Are you going to post pics?

Krisitine** Hope you check in with us today:) Is Heidi walking? Rylan is really getting the hang of it now. I think when his grandparents get back in a few days he will have it mastered.

Stacy** Hope you get your workout in! I use to love getting my workout done in the morning and I still wish it were that way cause I feel lazy in the afternoon. So I have to keep moving in the morning and then I don't get lazy. Makes for a long day when you don't sit down;)

Ameila** What are your work plans for the day? Have you weighed yourself sine you started doing BFL? Im not gonna lose anything, I know that and I am o.k with that. I just want more muscle definition. I think I am going to continue doing 4DS UB and then mix up the leg work with most of my workouts, not just one if particular.

Shannon** So no kiddies yet? Are you planning on having any? I have a 11 yr old daughter and a 1 yr old son. Quit the jump hey? I am 29 yrs old (now you understand why there is such a big space) and married for 6 yrs.I have been working out with cathe for about 9 yrs and running as well.

Meals today:
M#1-Protein pancakes
M#2-Shake
M#3-Either pita pizza or something else BFL
M#4-Meat,veggies and sweet potatoe
M#5-I may bring a shake to work with me.

I think that catches me up with everyone. Did I tell you guys that I have DOMS today? LOL Not major DOMS, just enough that I know I worked but I think its going to get worse.

Have a good day everyone. I won't be back until tonight!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girly girls!

Yesterday was the first time in i can't even remember,atleats 4-5yrs that I've seen snow! I had forgotten on beautiful it was!

Todays workout will be double upper body premix on BM2(ok,i'll attempt it,LOL)

Belinda-Im so glad to hear you got your step,YAY! I love it when I get new toys to play with,will be soon for me too;-) I plan on order/going to look at- a TM next weekend. And I will buy one then too!*insert very happy dance here*;-) great workout at the Gym!

Lori-ya know,i think the scale just 'has it in for me' LOL. I did peek at it this morning and wouldn't ya know...its STILL holding steady! I haven't cheated,not even a lick either! AAAAHHHH,I don't care , I just roll my eyes and keep on trucking like i have been ;-). I know that with my workouts and eating clean and keeping them both consistent...it will come!My body is not one of those 'scale friendly' bodies i guess, Have fun with cardio and abbs! Hey,I didn't know that you have been working out with cathe for 9yrs,thats pretty neat! This is year one for me,and really didn't take an interest in working out until the summer of 05'.

Shannon-Im loving BFL so far,i think what has REALLY helped me is just checking in here and know that whatever i put into my mouth i have to report(I list my meals here)I also like the fact that there is only 20 mins/three days a wk of HIIT...I CAN do that!(although I usually do about 30mins;-)) This is the easiet diet that ive had to follow,so far! and speaking of low carb diets :+ I JUST got off of the south beach diet phase one(the strict phase-no bread period for two weeks)I just couldnt go on after day 11 x( !But im proud of myself for going 11days with no bread,LOL! Im going to school for a certification in medical billing and codeing,just something to 'get me out of the house' and help with bills!this is my last class for that,I would love to go back to school to get my Business office tech. diploma but I can't right now...school is too much for me-atleast until my two kids get older and can start takeing care of them selves a bit. congrats on only two classes left to recieve your masters,WOW..you go girl! And getting your PHD would be so wonderful,im sure if you don't get it now,you WiLL one day;-). Im 29 with two children,a little boy who is 2 and my DD who is 6.I have been married 8 yrs in this coming up april! Ive been checking in here since I started WW'ers back in the middle of Janurary 07,Loved the program and lost 30pds on it. now im still trying to find a program that will help me get this last 30 or so pds off,maybe it will be BFL!Oh and I discovered Cathe back in Dec. of 06 and just been hooked everysince,slowly increasing my dvd collection,LOL.

ok,gotta go get my hubby up for work! bbl!

Amelia** Lets get something straight! There ain't nothing beautiful about snow;) If I had to post pics of the snow we have here your toes would curl! hehe
Yeah, I gained some weight after I starting dating DH and when I started working out again I just started running. Then I read a review on Body Max in a fitness mag. My sister(of course) bought it for me. From that point on we were both hooked. Im not sure if she buys workouts from other instructors or not. Thats why I have all of Cathes workouts. Everytime they came out, I just bought them. If I had to start out like you, I would also have to buy in dribs and drabs!

Where is my releif? I want to go home already! Its freezing out! Its a good thing I have a remote starter on my new jeep!

Lori:)

Lori** I am happy to hear you had an easy night! Noting wrong with that? I may be crawling back to bed really soon! I feel like I am more awake than asleep at night! Have fun with your run and abs today! That is so nice of your sister to buy you a step and a high step! How cool! Lori, I can lift 20 pounds on each hand! I will not go higher for awhile! I do have 30 pounds db, put I only use them with leg workouts! I am still waiting for my barbell to come! I also have DOMS from yesterday! LOL!

Amelia** hang in there! The scale will move! Enjoy double upper body premix on BM2! I haven’t done that premix in awhile! I am doing the happy dance with you!
Belinda

Lori-i LOVE you new jeep,it kinda looks like a hummer!I love the color too! I like that kind of blue,my car is a bright blue and I hate it! My DH as talked about maybe getting the patriot,because its smaller,for me. Of course not now,LOL maybe in the future!(couple of years;-)) I like the red color too! Oh and thats what is beautiful about my snow...its almost gone,LOL;-)as a matter of fact its raining right now so it will be gone by noon(yay) I still remember the blizzard that we had in 95' OMG,Do not want to go through that agian!

Belinda-LOL thanks for happy dancing with me;-) I hope the scale will move,if it doesn't I hope my jeans become looser.There lose as I go throughout the day but still 'fitting' when i first put them on?

ETA-Girls,did you see the STS forumn? pretty neat! Im pre-ordering next week,as soon as I get the $$ I just hope the price doesnt go up before then! I think ive decided on buying sts, sjp/sb. Why buy the gs series or pryamids right now if im buying sts? besides STS looks like all weight training so I will be busy with it! Anybody got any advice about what I should by...ugghh decisions decisions x( I just dont want to end up spending 400+$ on workouts,lol

I own these:
Butts and gutts
BM2
LIC
Imax2/C&W
Drill max
PH/MIS/BM
KPC(recorded,sold the dvd)
body fusion and Total body stretching but Idon't use them any more and there for sale at the moment! On amazon;-)

Im buying the Step jump pump/step blast for a new step workout...I LOVE step. Im kinda bored with my other ones!

Good Morning!

We are up early and busy this morning I see;)

Well, my little man woke up at 5:40am this morning ready to go:) Whew, no wonder he needs a morning nap!! So, I'm on my second cup of coffee and trying to get organized for the day! We got about 3 inches of snow here in Kansas so I will leave a bit early to take my older 2 kids to school.

Today's workout will be elliptical and abs, most likely pilates for abs because I love how it feels! I will wait to do it until this evening when kids are down, because I REALLY need to clean my bathrooms. Ugh, not my favorite thing to do, but has to be done! LOL:)

Belinda, yay on the new step! You are getting some nice fitness things for sure. Glad you at least got a bit of a run in at the gym this morning too.

Lori, LOVE your jeep!! My DH also bought a jeep a few months ago, except his his a Grand Cherokee Laredo edition. He loves that car, it is really nice. Hope you get a nice cardio/core workout, sounds like we'll be doing the same thing.

Amelia, wow! Double BM2 upper body? You are doing AWESOME! I actually thought about trying to do one round of the BM2 upper body this weekend. Enjoy the pretty snow, it does have a nice effect when you look outside from your warm house. I just don't like driving in it!!

Cheryl, sorry you were still sick yesterday. I hope today you are MUCH better.

Okay, hello to Lainie, Shannon, Kristine, and Mary and anyone I missed!!

I will try to check back in later, but if you don't here from me you'll know I'm busy cleaning and chasing my 1 yr. old around, man he's active......:)

Stacey

Good morning-

Today's workout is either KenpoX or YogaX. I have to get my Drivers liscense renewed, not looking forward to the DMV. They are so rude, terrible customer service. I just want to remind them, their salary is paid by taxpayers, and I am a taxpayer, so let's see some service.

Amelia-glad you are liking BFL. I am familiar with the exercise part. Don't you do 20mins of increasing intensity go up, and then go down?

Stacey-we got snow here too. Quite a bit, I think we were both hit by the same storm front.

Lori-your new jeep is so nice! i bet you love driving it! I will post pics of my p90x progress. I am so ready for it to be over. Only 2 more weeks, thank God.

Belinda-have fun with your step! How nice it was free shipping, love that.

Carrie

Hi girls,

I just finished abs from S & H Chest/Back! I am done and tired for today!

Stacey ** I didn’t bring any of my workout equipments (step, dumbbells, barbell) from the states with me! I left everything with my DD and DS in (my house) in the states! I mean everything, my kids have all (I mean all!) my nice furniture and they live in a brand new house! We left everything in the states! I can’t complain it was our decision!! We move every 2- 3 years in the Army! I was tired to drag my stuff around again! Enjoy your workout!

Carrie** can you not get your Drivers license renewed online? That’s what I do! Have fun with your workout!

Belinda

Hello everyone. Ewan and I are having a quiet day at home while Isaac is at school and Brian is at work. I woke up coughing a bit but I feel better now. Overall I'm feeling pretty well, just can't seem to get over having a bit of a sore throat. Last night I was feeling so well I was bouncing all over the house, so I hope I am so bouncy when I do 4DS BC today. So far I'm really enjoying my 4DS rotation. And I am pretty sore after yesterday's leg work. My booty is hurting. It's hard for me to do much leg/butt work because it's not my chief concern. I have a natural decent bubble butt, though it could be smaller (but that's more about food than exercise for me). I am more worried about my post-baby belly and chubby arms.

I'm going to try to catch up with some personals from yesterday as well as today.

Belinda, I find it hard to run without my iPod, so I know what you mean. It's always nice to have either a voice or some music pushing you on. Congrats on the new step--FUN!

Lori, yep, started the 4DS on Monday this week and I'm really liking it. I had done all the workouts a couple times before, so it's not brand new, but it's the first time I've done a special rotation with it. Oh, nice jeep!

Amelia, I know you said your weight was not changing much right now, but how about the rest of you? Maybe you're building muscle as well. If you're like me you'll go down in clothing sizes even if the scale doesn't change as much as you'd like. I love SJP/SB, particularly the stepping (not a big fan of hi/lo in general).

Stacey, maybe you should take a morning nap, too. ;) I remember when my boys were babies people always told me to nap when they napped, but who has time for that? Of course, being sick a lot lately I actually did nap a few times when Ewan did.

Carrie, ugh, good luck with getting the driver's license renewal--I hate doing that stuff.

Cheryl, I'll try to Lysol my keyboard more often and stop passing around my illness! ;)

Shannon, welcome to the group. I'm originally from Texas myself (lived in Pearland south of Houston last but grew up in north Texas). In 2002 we moved to Amsterdam for a couple years, then to London for a couple years, and then in '06 we moved here to New York (20 miles from NYC). I'm a stay-at-home mom with 2 boys (5 & 2). I have been doing workout videos for a while, but didn't discover Cathe until April of last year. Since then I bought all her DVDs but actually sold off a few when I realized I didn't need quite every single one. I still have most of them, though.

Hello to Kristine! How are you today?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey gals!

So, for my cardio today I decided that my 35min of shoveling snow should count! I cleared the driveway and sidewalks while Ryan slept all cozy and warm in his crib, he's still crashed out! I'll do my pilates for abs tonight before bed and skip the elliptical.

Carrie, yay! Only 2 more weeks of P90X, very exciting. I admire you for sticking with it! I also hate going to the DMV, so sloooooow there.

Belinda, great job on your chest/back workout!! Your kids are lucky to have all your nice stuff;)

Lainie, we just need the weather to turn WARM to get rid of all the bizillion viruses floating around. It sounds like you are doing better though and great job on your workout yesterday. Ahhh, a nap! I wish I could nap during the day, but for some reason I have a very tough time sleeping during the day and then it disrupts my nightime sleep. I do better walking around a bit foggy!

Okay, time for some water and better do a bit of cleaning......
Stacey

Hi girls,

sorry I forgot to post my meals!

My meals form yesterday!

M1 – protein shake
M2 – protein pancakes (2 small)
M3 - 2 slices red. ww toast
1 small can tuna in water
2 dill pickles, I love them!
M4 – steamed edamame
M5 – steamed fish
Mixed veg.
½ cup brown rice
M6 – fat free yogurt
1 tangerine

My meals today!

M1 – 2 mini egg quiche
M2 – 2 sl. Toast
1 sm. can tuna
1 mini quiche
M3 – 2 more mini quiche
M4 – 2 more mini quiche
M5 – 1 more mine quiche
Fat free yogurt
M6 – steamed fish (flounder)
½ brown rice
Broccoli and mushrooms steamed

Belinda

Hey gang,

I did not sleep to well last night, stressed out about a group project at school. I attend an online university and why the professor was possessed to do a group project in an online classroom baffles me. It is totally not working, several people are not doing their share of the work. It is driving me nuts...lol Ok enough venting:) I plan on doing 4ds legs, MM legs, and yoga today. I also have to go to the grocery store sometime, I am completely out of food..lol

Belinda - I am sorry to hear about your MP3 player. Hopefully you will be able to figure how to get some workouts or music on there because it can get pretty boring running without anything. How do you like the iTrains? I have all but the newest cardio coach and like them very much. Wow you own all of Cathe's dvds, I'm jealous:) I have quite a few Cathe's but there are still a few I want. It is neat that you are from Germany. My husband is working in Africa (Cameroon) right now, he just left about a week ago. His work rotation requires him to be gone every other month. The time in between he is off work home with me. It sounds like you have two wonderful children, both in college. That is so great:) I like you have two dogs, they are dachshunds and they are my spoiled rotten babies.

Lori - Nope no kids yet:) We are thinking about having one but goodness it just seems so scary. I know I know I'm a weenie..lol I do have two beautiful nieces that I love very much. My husband was also born quite a bit later than his sisters. His two older sisters are in their forties and he just turned 32. I use to run longer distances but sort of got out of it and man it is tough to build back up to. I mainly just do interval running with cardio coach now. Have fun with your run:)

Amelia - I hear ya Cathe is addictive. That is awesome that BFL is working for you and that you were able to stick it out with no carbs for 11 days. I would so not be able to make it that long:) It's cool that you are putting in the effort to go to school, it will definitely pay off.

Lanie - Thank you for the warm welcome. I've always wanted to visit New York City, I bet it is very different from Texas. There are some Cathe dvds I use quite a bit more than others. There are just so many of them and sometimes I forget about having certain ones. Just think how much space the STS series will take up:)

Stacey & Carrie - Hello:) Great job on the workouts.

Lori - Nice jeep:) Isn't it so exciting getting new vehicle. My husband just bought me a new Nissan Pathfinder about two months ago and I love it.

Hi girls,

Here is the recipe for the mini egg quiches! Next time I will make them in a pie plate! They are to small for me in baking cups! One bite and your are done! Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
* 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
* 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup diced onion
* 3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
3. Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Belinda

I will return for personals!

Hey girls,im done with my workout and cleaning my house up. Got my bathrooms/kitchen cleaned.

Shannon-Your wedding picture is very pretty! I love the dress! I can relate to people at school not doing there part.My last class,the teacher had us pair up with a class'buddy' and boy oh boy did mine have ALOT of excuses! I did about 90% of the work! I told the teacher on the last day of class too}(

Lainie-Ive seen pictures of you...you DON't have chubby arms...silly willy!;-) I also have a 'bubble but' and I noticed yesterday that my thighs seem to be getting more muscle,which i don't want..there big enough,LOL.So you are liking the 4DS rotation,Ive seriously thought about buying 4DS.There is just too many darn decisions;-)Im sending you 'go-away-sore-throat-vibes'

Stacey-I hate cleaning my bathrooms too x(. I had to take breaks inbetween the workout today :+ so you got three inches of snow . LOL,we got just a light dusting and the schools were closed today...go figure.

Carrie-LOL at you telling of the DMV clerks...did you get a rude one?

Belinda- Your meals look great!

Hey to everybody else! bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.