Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Apr 20th 2008

Good Morning:)

How is everyone?:) We went to bed at a sensible time last night and I finally feel like I am catching up on those lost z's!:)
Yesterdays workout was a 5 mile run (46 mins) and ME, minus the ab work. DS woke from his nap so I am hoping to get some good abs work in today. We are going to go for a long run today. Probably 10 miles or so.Its a beautiful day here. A little chilly but the sun is shining and there isn't much wind blowing:)

Belinda** My SIL is married to a guy in the military and they are getting ready to move again. This will be their 3rd time, in 6 yrs. They were posted here for a while but everywhere else they went they spent the minimum amount of time b/c they want to get back here again, which is happening this summer. They have had a few showings on their house but no offers yet. They can't come here house hunting until their house sells.We are hoping it won't be to long!

Ameila** Hope you had fun last night!!!!

Cheryl** Sometimes its best not to know what the scale is gonna tell you;) LOL

Kristine** Good job with the workout! One of my favs!!!

I will be back later to report my workout. Not a whole lot going on here today. I may try to get my run in in the a.m b/c traffic is not so bad in the mornings
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Sounds like everyone had a lovely Saturday with good workouts all around!

Today I'm dragging my husband around town so I can try to find a cheap deal on a stationary bike. I'm hoping to find a cheap, second hand one that I can just use at home for awhile while my knee heals. I have been using the ones at the gym...but as many of you know sometimes having things at home makes it even more convenient!

Hope you guys have a relaxing Sunday!!

Sara

Good Morning girls

Its so pretty out today,im excited that the sun is shining:)

Todays workout is PLB and a 3o min run interval:).

Im starting a new diet today that im excited about:) I've recently learned that i need to eat 1950 calories and to stay within a 30/30/40 macronutrient.(carbs/fat/protien) It will be challenging for me to stay with in the macronutrients at first but i think once i get an understanding on how many carbs,proteins and fats i need a day in grams,it will get easier for me to count them! Does that make sense?LOL:+ I eat fives times a day(mini meals) so I figured it to be 390 calories at each meal.

anyhoot,i will give this diet program a couple of weeks and if i don't start dropping weight i will tweak it a bit;-)

Cookie-I've heard of that absolute kickbox- i may have to check it out! I don't like kickbox workouts at all,as a matter of fact i have purchased KPC and sold it! But if you say its not as intense,i may check it out...i need a different cardio type workout:) And LOL,no you didn't scare me off;-)

Krisitne-Yeah,that BM2 step only portion is intense enough without the circuits:+ Good job on it yesterday!!!

Lori-enjoy your run today,10miles...:eek: you go girlfriend!

Belinda-Im sorry you can't sleep :-( What workout you doing today?

Hey to everybody:) ive gotta scoot, I will try and check in this afternoon:)

oh and Lori--I hope you didn't take my "be careful" running comment the wrong way yesterday. My friend got a stress fracture on her foot from accidently stepping off a curb the wrong way during one of her runs. You are sooo right...we all can get hurt pretty much doing anything...i mean, look at me, I hurt my knee stepping. It was meant more as a friendly, caring comment because I know you (like me) love to run. :)

Hi, everyone! Got up early and did MIS this morning. Forgot just how much I love that workout. Just right! I'll be pulling this one back out more often, I think.

Lori, great workouts - and wow, if you're able to make a 10 mile run today.

Belinda, what will you do??

Sara - wow - good luck on that stationary bike. I have a Spinning bike. Love it. If you get one, I will give you a HIIT workout you can do in 25 minutes that will kick your fanny end. Gauranteed to kick your metabolism into high gear. Come to think of it, why don't I do that one myself more often??? LOL!

Amelia, wow, can't wait to hear how the new diet plan progresses. It sounds really sound and good. We'll do it together, okay? Gotta catch up with our Lori here }( }( }(

Have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

What a beautiful day! I’m taking a break from yard work – said I had to start dinner – and came in to catch up with everyone. Don’t tell, okay?
Lori, 10 miles?!!! Wow, that’s amazing. I should get inspired…
Belinda, isn’t it amazing how different people’s taste in everything can be? I love KPC. I can’t even type the letters without smiling; that workout always makes me happy. I think it may even be my favorite. What is your favorite one?
Amelia, good luck with the intervals after PLB. Does doing that after weights help you to not to be so sore after lifting? Just curious.
Cheryl, MIS is one of the few I seem to not have. How could that be? How is it different from ME? Good luck with your diet plan.
Sara, good luck with finding a bike. Are you looking for a regular one or a spinning one?
I did Imax Extreme today and walked about 6.5 miles with the dogs. I’m hoping to be able to sleep through my husband’s snoring tonight!

Hey, everybody, just got the new squat rack assembled with DH's help. It is awesome. I am so stoked. STS, here we come!

Cookie, MIS is 70 minutes and is really challenging fairly heavy weights for all body parts, including abs. The abs aren't as challenging as Muscle Max's ab segment, but except for that I'd call it about comparable and a nice alternative to switch with MM.

Yayy for Imax Extreme - do I have that? Is it the same thing as Interval Max? That plus a 6.5 mile walk sounds awesome. Good job!

Off to start fixing dinner - have a great night, everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl,
Imax Extreme is on the Terminator DVD, along with Viper and Gauntlet. I usually do the other two, and couldn't even remember the last time I did the Imax one. I'm doing an endurance relay the beginning of September, and I have a lot to do to get ready. Plus, during the week I often miss a few workouts. Darn work!
Enjoy the squat rack. Where did you get it?

Here it is - $319, free shipping (that was a huge consideration) although you do have to assemble it.

Here it is:
https://www.ironcompany.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3593

There was another one for $369 that was 42" wide - this one is 39" - and I can tell you 39" is HUGE. The long bar we have is 40 pounds all by itself. So I could load 20-25 on each end and possibly be as heavy as STS would have me go. We'll see. I ordered more risers, regular and slanted, to use my step as the bench.

You can also do pull ups from your bar while it's on the rack pegs. Very cool.

-Cheryl

Hi girls,

sorry I didn't checked back in today! I had a busy day! I went to my DH Alesia's honors convocation! She was honered for beeing "Outstanding Senior in Organizatinal and Corporate Communication"!:D After that her BF's day invited us for dinner ( real Mexican food!) It was delish! I did end up doing my BFL style UB workout on the Bowflex at 8 pm!

Lori**we also move every 2 to 3 years! That’s the military life! I hope your SIL sells their house soon! Unfortunately the market is not looking good! Awesome job on your workout yesterday and today!

Amelia** great job on your workout today!

Cheryl** fantastic job on MIS this morning! I do live my 45 pound BB!

Sara** hope your had fun with your spinning today!

Cookie** I also love KPC! It is on of my all time favorite workouts! I also love the 4DS HIS! Just love it! What is your favorite weight workout? I love Imax Extreme! Great job on your workout today!

Have a great night everyone!
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.