Commit to get fit and lean for Mon Jan-21-08

Good Morning Ladies!

Im thinking I set the alarm to early today:p I don't think 15-20 mins is really going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things! Im hoping to get my workout started in 5 mins...@5:40. Planning on running but then adding a little step in there. Not sure if I will do BC 4DS or just keep on running and maybe some abs?

Belinda** Glad to see your computer is working today!

Ameila** I hope you don't mind me suggesting this but on Wed you should be doing a UB workout. Unless you posted your reasoning for doing 3 LB workout and nethier UB workout, then Im sorry I missed that...or perhaps it was a mixtake? LOL I just noticed it when I was skiming through yesterdays post.

Cheryl** Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was wondering where you were but I didn't think the cold got ya that bad!:p

Laine** So you tried stepping hey? hehe Sounds like something I would do. Dr says "dont" and I do:)

Stacy** Rylan is pretty much walking everywhere now. He still isn't super steady and if we are playing with him and he wants to get somewhere really fast, then he will crawl. But for the most part, its walking all the way. I don't think we are having anymore kids. We may change our minds and I wouldn't get any done just yet but we will see.He is so sweet though but I also have a 12 yr old who helps me make up my mind not to have anymore. Yesterday she lied right to my face and then got made at ME when I didn't beleive her...UGH!

Carrie** Where are ya girl? Hope you had a good weekend!

Shannon** I beleive you took a rest day yesterday? Hope it was a good one!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Here are my meals for the day:

M#1-Protein pancakes
M#2-shake
M#3-Pita pizza
M#4-Cottage cheese/fruit
M#5-Meat and salad.

I also bought a new battery for my BF capilar yesterday and it keeps saying that my BF is 9.4% which is really low. Ive taken it 4 x's and its said 9.4 everytime and 10.2 1x.

Alright, i gotts hit the TM! I will be back when I get to work!

Lori:)

Good Morning ladies

Todays workout is going to be Butts and gutts for as long as my body will take it :+

Lori,OMG your totally right...so last week I did three ub workouts and no legs. I knew it didn't seem right to me,LOL Thanks for pointing that out! so on wed i will do a ub.And Please point out anything that you see may not be right! Thats what im on this site for-motivation,support and advice. How was your workout? You must like those pita pizza's;-) I might have to go get me some prepped for next week.

Good Morning Belinda-How was your weekend? Good I hope!

ETA-Belinda-looks like you had a good free day,i almost rented that lidsney louham movie,so you say its freaky.Prehaps I shouldn't then,:LOL im a big babby!My answer to yesterdays question is,my favorite television show is sex and the city,friends,everybody loves raymond.
movie-pride and prjudice the one with that girl from pirates of the caribiean(sp)

I made a pot of that southwestern chicken soup yesterday for the week,I got five servings(plus my bowl yesterday) out of it! It not too shabby either,reminds me of brunswick stew!

alright,bbl

Ameila** No sweat! I didn't notice that you did UB 3x's last week! LOL I am suppose to do LB 2x's this week and UB 1'x. I like working UB so much though that I may do both 2x's! LOL I do like the pizzas but I haven't eaten that many. When I plan to, I usually don't. They are very filling and I forgot all about them and I was wondering what to take for lunch...then I remembered! Getting low now though. I think there is only 1 left in the freezer:eek: Have a good workout! BTW, I use to be the same way with the scale. When I was 130, I wouldn't beleive I dropped weight until I hit 127 b/c I always went back and forth between 128-130. I didn't even mind when I was at 130 but I bet I would be so mad now if I worked myself back up to it! LOL

Have a good day!

Lori-on days like today,where Im only doing LB i just don't feel like im getting in a good enough workout...im thinking about doing a cardio as well. I would be estatic if I jumped on the scale sat. and it said I had lost weight.
The lowest weight that i got to while on ww'ers(before it stopped working for me) was 187(spring of last year x() and I have yet to see a smaller weight. right now i weigh 192.2 . my goal for the moment is 170. Sometimes I feel like, and I know its stupid but,maybe my body just doesn't want to be smaller? I think being constant with my eating and working out will do the trick. I just have to be strong and do it. My gosh if I can loose alomst 90pds then this should be a pc of cake,LOL. I really want to dropp down to about 140,I remember being about a size five at 143. 170 is a small goal for right now!

ok,coffee has kicked in-sorry for blabbing on,LOL bbl

Amelia** No doubt your body as hit a plateau! That usually happens after someone as lost alot of weight. I think the key thing for you right now is finding something that works for you. Your body needs a swift kick in the right direction again and I think when the scale starts moving, it will continue to move again! Ive never plateaued so I don't know how that feels but it must be fustrating! The only "plateau" Ive had was when I was following ww's I wouldn't lose weight one week but then the next week I would drop 3-5 lbs in one week! I know I didn't lose it all in one week but its almost as if my body held on to that fat for as long as it could...and then I won!:) You could add some cardio in there and see what happens. Maybe even just a short cardio workout, like 20-30 mins...nothing to crazy! Then see what happens at the end of the week. If your eating is as good as what you write, I think you are going to see results!

Good morning ladies,

I am done with my workout! I went to the gym with my DH and did BFL upper body! Next time I go without my DH! I wanted him to spot me, since I don’t have a barbell! I had to wait until he was done with his workout! Why take him? No use! LOL!

I did for my upper body:

Chest: reps
Dumbell bench press 12 /30#
10//40#
8/40#
6/50#
12/50#
DB flies 12/20

Shoulder:
Seated DB press 12/30#
10/40#
8/45#
6/50#
12/45#
Side raised 12/10#

Back:
Reverse crip pulldown 12/23.5
10/24.5
8/27.5
6/27.5
12/27.5
Low rows 12/40

Triceps:
Close grip pushdowns 12/20
10/25
8/30
6/35
12/25
Lying tri.extensions 12/10

Biceps:
Seated dumbbell curls 12/10
10/10
8/15
6/20
12/15
Standing Bb curls 12/45

Belinda

Hey gals! Quick check in as Ryan is fussy, I will be doing LIC UB & Abs today. Hoping to fit it in this morning, if not it'll be an evening workout.

Okay, BBL for personals!! :)

Stacey

Brr, so cold today. ***shivering*** I'm glad the kids are off to school today so I can stay indoors and keep cranking up the heat. DH has to work, though, so he's not here to balk at how high the thermostat is set. :D

I'm still doing the 4-Day Split rotation, but shuffling things a bit. Today I'm going to do Kick Max Low Impact Kickbox premix instead of 4DS Kickbox. That way I can do some kickboxing and the leg conditioning drills, which might be better for my knees than heavy weight work until I can talk to my PT about what leg work I can do.

That was some exciting football last night. I'm in NY but usually prefer the Jets to the Giants (though the Jets completely sucked this year). I also kind of like Green Bay (no reason really) so I wasn't sure who I wanted to win last night's game until I found myself cheering on the Giants and realized I must want them to win. It was fun. I wish they could beat the Pats, but doubt it. OK, apologies to the non-football fans for that little diversion.

Did I ever mention how cute my boys are? Dang they are pretty! Isaac just came up to me and said, "Mommy, do you know which thing is my favorite thing?" "No, what?" "Trains. I like all the trains in the world."

Lori, I keep seeing you mention "protein pancakes." What are protein pancakes and did you post a recipe I missed somewhere for those?

Amelia, good luck with B&G today. My buns hurt just thinking about that one. :p

Belinda, looks like a great workout today! What's are question of the day?

Stacey, good luck with the fussy Ryan today. I had a pretty fussy Ewan yesterday because both boys have nasty little colds and it makes him cranky.

Sorry to ramble on so long. Hello to all who follow and BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi!

Yesterday's workout was Plyometrics, which went really well. Today is Back/Biceps/Abs, which I am going to start as soon as I post this!

Lainie- I loved your football diversion. I love sports, I was cheering for San Diego, I am just so sick of the Pats! But, maybe the Giants have a chance to beat them? It will be an interesting Superbowl, no less. Also, I can't wait for Ryan to get older like your sons, so fun!

Have a great MLK, I will check in later when I am at work!
Carrie

O.k...what is MLK? Am I missing something? LOL

Laine** Protein pancakes are in the BFL book:
1c lf cottage cheese
1c oatmeal
6 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
( i think thats it!) Put this in a blender and blend well. I usually scoop mine out with a 1/4 c -1/2 c measuring cup.Makes about 6-8 pancakes/2 servings. Sometimes I also add honey or natural peanut butter to the mixture!

Carrie** Have fun with your workout!

Belinda** Good workout today. Why are you gonna leave DH home the next time? Was he driving you crazy?

Im soooo bored! Eating isn't going as planned but if I don't eat anything else sweet then today will be o.k! I also forgot that I bought a couple of EAS and BFL bars last night so I will be eating those instead of the shake.

Hey girls,just popping to report my workout. Did all the standing leg work and the ankle weight work in B&G's(had to modify on some stuff,or take a break)I also went up on my weight...Im done for the day :+.

Belinda-Great workout today,LOL at you leaving your DH at home the next time! When I start lifting heavy i will get my DH to spot me,but i'll have to WO at night though...not looking forward to that!

Lori-How are you liking the new jeep,its was my niece would say 'da bomb' LOL

Stacey-great workout,LOVE LIC

Carrie-I had a fussy little man yesterday x( great job on your workout!

Lainie-Im cold today too,I don't know why but I just can't seem to keep my toes warm? I need to get me some of those house slippers!

I ate a three pepper egg omlete this morning and won't be doing that agian....it gave me really bad indestion :eek:

so my meals today look like this:
b-the 'killer' green,yellow and red bell pepper omlete(1/2c egg beaters) with 1/4 c rf cheese,one slice of whole wheat bread.
s-drinking it right now..choc.protien shake with one tbs of NPB
l-salsa chicken wrap(low carb wrap) with a side of one of those steamer bags with snap peas,black beans,sliced carrots.one serving
s-1tbs NPB w 1/2 sm. apple
d-1/2 c of taco meat(extra lean ground beef) in a LC wrap,with 1/4 c of RF cheese,lettuce tomatoe,slasa..rf sour cream.
s-1/2 sm. apple,one string cheese

ok bbl

Hey girls,

It's been a busy morning, my mother-in-law came over unexpectedly and just now left a little bit ago x( I'm glad she is gone. Yesterday was my rest day and also my free day, I had chicken quesadillas:) I also did a little bit of shopping. I looked at target for some kettlebells but they did not have any so I am thinking about buying them online. I did pick up some new yoga workouts though. Today's workout will be PUB and a cardio premix off of LIC.

Belinda - Looks like you had an awesome upper body workout. GOOD JOB!

Lori - Sounds like you have a fun workout on taps for today, I enjoy doing 4ds BC much more than the older BC.

Amelia - B&G is a tough workout, it really gets those legs burning. Those little jumps in plie position after the walking lunges are killer

:)

Lanie - Sounds like you had fun watching the game yesterday, I am not a big football fan but my sister and her husbands are. When is the superbowl game suppose to be, isn't it in a few weeks?

Hello to Stacey, Carrie, Cheryl, and anyone else I missed.:)

Hi ladies,

Sorry for not checking in this weekend. I did LowMax Interval 1-4 on Friday and then got really sick Friday night. I guess I did too much and still being sick, so my body said no, so I didn't workout out Sat or Sun. Plus I was busy with my stepdaughter's Birthday on Saturday and Heidi's Birthday party yesterday. It was a wonderful party and Heidi was such a sweet little girl and got some nice gifts.

Today I am cleaning the house and washing clothes, so I am hoping I have enough energy left for a workout. Still have a stuffy nose, so I hope I can motivate myself if not I just take another rest day.

Looks like everyone is doing some great workouts.

Ok, I need to get going but I'll BBL

Kristine :)

Finished back/biceps and abripper. It's a decent workout. It's so great now that I am in the last 2 weeks of Classic rotation! I am down to the 'last time' for these. Like today's, I never have to do it again if I don't want to. I love that feeling.

Lori-you are doing so good with planning your meals! I am impressed! I am not nearly dedicated with planning my eating. I eat the same thing every day. That can't be very good.

Shannon-what yoga workouts did you get? I forgot to ask (maybe you said) what are you going to school for? Are you going to start kettle balling? That looks tough, but a great workout I hear.

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.