Commit to get fit and lean for May 16, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I will do chest with tubing today and go for a long walk again. Hope it doesn't start raining:rolleyes: Not sure what's wrong with this weather latley? It's crazy!

What are your plans for this weekend? No plans here.

Have a great weekend and workout. BBL! I will be gone most of the day, DH and I will go to a market in Amberg.

I just finished my chest wo/w the tubing!

I did,

- Incline Chest pess on the bench 4 sets 15 reps
- Incline chest flies on the bench 4 sets 15 reps
- Decline chest press standing with the door att. 4 sets 15 reps
- inline chest press standing with the door att. 4 sets 15 reps

I still have to work my back, not sure if I get that in today! My leg workout got me good yesterday:p

Have a wonderful weekend!

Good Morning!

Everyone is doing o.k here. I was fine when i was at work yesterday, constantly thinking about Chico but not crying...until I get home:( Ugh! I can't deal with death at all and haven't really had to so needless to say I am not looking forward to my parents getting older!:confused:

Yesterday I didn't get a workout in. I had to go back to work last night at 9'ish and DS was awake until that time. If he hadn't had a nap yesterday I probably would have been able to get a run in and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to windy to run outside! I wouldn't have gotten anywhere...I would have been running on the spot!

Im getting ready to do a run now , then off to work again. I will catch up on personals when I get there!

Lori:)

Morning

Im kinda excited about a local gym that just opened. I called about it yesterday and its very reasonabled priced too. 25$ a month and its 24/7 access. I could go when DH got home from work right now,then when the kids start school(and hopefully my car is fixed:rolleyes:) i can go in the morning:) I plan on signing up for it next friday:)

anyways...im at work,twiddling my thumbs. BBL

Lori-I know what you mean,i dont handle death good either....cant even think about my parents getting older...Have a good run today!

Belinda-Great chest work girl! Have fun in town with DH later!

'Morning Ladies!
Lori, I'm sorry to read about your loss. Pets certainly are family members, and it is so hard when they pass. My husband didn't cry when either or his parents passed away, and he was very close to both of them - just a stoic person. But when his dog died last fall, there were tears. As a matter of fact, last Sunday we watched Marley and Me, and he had to walk out of the room (to get something, yeah right) during that scene.
Belinda, weights? Did I read that correctly? Are you back to using them? I copied your list of sites for tubing wo to check them out. Thanks so much.
Amelia, a new gym! That's exciting. Are you the type that if you pay money for something, you'll use it? That's good news that your car is working.
Deb, hope you're having a great time at the wedding, the weather's great, the bride lovely, and you even more so.
Trish, what are your plans for the weekend?
Last night I had to stay up to midnight to pick up my daughter from her prom and then drive her home (1.5 hours away!). I'm usually looking for the couch on a Friday night to curl up on... Then this morning she was supposed to get up early to go hiking with a group, but she got a bug bite and her eye is swollen shut. So, put some ice on it, told her to rest, and I don't have to drive her one hour to meet the group! Sometimes I get so tired of spending time driving. Anyway, to get ready for summer hiking season I decided to do B&G standing floorwork and the bonus legwork on Meso 1. This afternoon will be Kickbox Surge or Imax 2. Of course, there's laundrymax, cleaningmax, groceryshoppingmax, and other such fun exciting adventures.
Cookie

Hey Girls,

I did 5.5 miles on the TM earlier. I didn't do a cc but it was soo nice to listen to my Ipod while running:D I think I work to hard outside b/c I am going with the beat of the music and I make myself tired but I can control my speed with the TM ...therefore I had a good run!:)

Belinda** I am working all weekend so there aren't to many plans this way. I think we may be doing something with a couple of friends tonight though. I still need to catch up on the sleep I missed~!

Ameila** $25 a month doesn't sound to bad! I think there is a gym here that is open 24/7 and I think they charge $60 a month! Let us know if you join!

Cookie** I don't have to drive nearly as far as you but I am tired of picking kids up and dropping them off:confused: DD also as a habit of calling as soon as we get in the house, then we have to turn around and go back out! I fell asleep watching marley and me on our way back from FL, I guess I won't be watching it now!

Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

Hi girls,

I'm passing time before the wedding starts at 5PM. We're at the hotel now, so I'm borrowing there computer:) I'm having a lot of laughs with my family. I thought about running on TM at the hotel, but I'm already showered:D Good excuse:eek:

Belinda - You're going to have to make your own tubing DVD and send it to us:)

Lori - I'm so sorry to hear about Chico. I can't even imagine how it must feel. I worry about Simba who is almost 13 yrs. old. She is getting slower each day. My SIL asked if the vet has said if we should put her down. My DH was so mad she is just moving around slowly. I think she thinks she is in pain:confused: My DH will be devastated they both need each other.

Going back to the room to get a snack, I'm starving. I am the official driver on this trip.
Amelia - That is a really good price. Most gyms by us are anywhere from $35-$85:eek: My cousin here in NC told me she just joined a gym for $9. That sounds crazy!!

Cookie - My son will be going to prom in a few weeks. I have asked him several times about getting a tux, shoes etc... of course he'll wait till the last minute:) Your daughter's prom was far away. Did she have a good time?

Trish - How's the weather in NJ? I heard rain for most of the weekend:(

Back again!
My son and his fiance called to say they are coming to visit, so my plans got changed around. Tomorrow will be cardio and sts. Of course, after they're gone! It will probably be late evening, but I really want to get that sts done. Can't do the chest weights without my husband handing them to me, so it can't be during the week!
Deb, glad to hear you're enjoying the wedding - you're there right now. My DD must have had a great time - she really didn't get moving until about 2:30! She says she was a dancing fool.
Lori, glad you got the run in. Yeah, now's not the time to watch that movie. Tonight we have Rachel's Getting Married. Not sure that's so good a choice now with the son and fiance...
Belinda, are you making your own DVD? Bet it would be terrific.
Amelia, what kind of classes does the gym have?
Trish, hope all is well.
Cookie

Evening Ladies,

Just got in from a meeting with the bookclub. We went to a show and dinner in Long Branch, NJ, so I also was driving around all day! It's a good hour and a half from where I live. Workout for the day was CC3. I went for about 36 minutes and burned a little over 300 calories in 5.16 miles. I'm happy to say the scale was down another pound:)

Belinda - I hope the rain held out for you. It sounds like your weather is like what we had last week. I swear it rained every single day last week. It was really the pits. Great job on your wo today.

Lori - I'm so sorry to read about your loss. Are there any other pets at home? I lost my cat of 12 years in 2001, just 2 weeks after a 16-week miscarriage. It was one of the lowest points in my life. I hope you are feeling better soon. ^5s on getting your run in.

Amelia - The gym sounds like an awesome deal. I imagine that many will start offering better pricing since people are spending less money these days. How's your back feeling?

Deb - Hope the wedding was fun! They were predicting rain all day today, right into Sunday, but it wasn't too bad. Just a few showers hear and there. Glad you are enjoying the time with your family

Cookie - I was just saying to someone the other day how I feel like a taxi driver, running the girls from activity to activity. I guess soon they will be asking me to drop them off at movies and such things. Enjoy STS tomorrow.

LIC is on the list for me tomorrow. My left knee is bothering me so I hope it is up for the challenge in the morning.

Good night ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.