COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 25, 2010

Good Morning!:)

My two days off are over!:confused: Goes by to quickly! The up side is that I only have one day at work with people around me:D Me likes that!;)

Yesterday's workout was ME and PH bics and shoul, PH abs and a 11 km run. Some st's were really though b/c the wind would not give up!:( It was driving me nuts! Im not sure what workout I will do today. It may be a shorter run,with a HIIT workout throwen in there...and more weights I think.

Belinda** Good job with your workouts yesterday!!!

Ameila** It must be tough having to focus on eating right all the time! And you have been at it for a while. No wonder you throw caution to the wind sometimes. You are doing better then I would. I can't even make it a full day without something sweet!:confused:

Iris** You gave DG your #? Im guessing your not planning on answering the phone??;) My study unit right now is nutrition basics and eating healthy. Easier stuff. I could probably go ahead and do the exam now and end up with a 90 something.

Trish** Those are some good tips...but nothing we didn't already know. Maybe I should do the same. I can't imagine my house without something sweet in it!

Helene** LOL...didn't mean to make you feel bad;):D I used them once and you are right, they are to bulky for lower weights. The good thing about them is they take up very little room!

So tonight I have a dinner party to go to:mad: Can you tell I am excited about it? Its my so called "friend" who is hosting it and with all the fakeness jammed in one room, I really didn't care to go. But one of the other girls we hang out with begged me to go b/c she didn't really want to go either! I told her I would go from 6-9 but that was about it. Dear Lord! Not looking forward to this at all!!!!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Good morning everyone,

Belinda: WOW, you did a CCV and CCC. That's insane. :eek: Way to go girl.

Iris: Just waiting for the continuation of the stories..... I hope your last double went well.

Deb: Hello! I hope you are feeling alright and that you are taking care of your hip. Work going OK too?

Trish: Congratulations on getting your Saturdays back. I won't make any big plans though, it's temporary. I hadn't realized your DH was surrounded by women. :D Must keep him on his toes. :p Great job on GS. I tried it once. Maybe I need to try again. As for the spoonfulls of mac and cheese, I saw somewhere that you should include 100-200 calories as catch all in your counting to account for what you forgot or didn't count because it was too little.... like mac and cheese. Great job on joining us for the challenge. I forgot to mention, I have a trick that works pretty well, at least for me on the sweets front. Werther's makes sugar free coffee caramel candy that tastes awesome. I find them at walmart and when I crave sweets they seem to do the trick quite well.

Amelia: I agree with Trish. I think the only bad food you had was the beer that wasn't even good :p The rest is a temporary indulgence. If it fits in, it's OK. Nice job getting all the workouts in.

Lori: You've been quiet, are people still hanging around at work. I'm just not used to you checking in only once :p Nice run and I like the story of DS hanging out in the hot tub and making mommy go fishing at the bottom for toys. :D

Cookie: One more day :) I am happy but last night I had some nougat. More than some. I used it to up my calories. And I weighed myself this morning. Shouldn't have. I think this week's weigh-in, my weight might be up, but I've been on track with workouts and total daily calories, so it's bound to come down. At least that is what I tell myself.

I need to find my motivation to go downstairs and workout. I think since it's Friday I am dragging.

Here is once thing that struck me yesterday on reading the end of over eating that rings totally true for me. "The cornerstone of treatment for conditioned hyper-eating is developing the capacity to refuse the cue's invitation to the brain in the first place. That refusal must come early, and it must be definitive. -It's only at the beginning when the invitation arises, that you have any control over it- At that point it's still possible to turn away from the stimulus. Once we get started, a cascade of events: stimulation, response, and more stimulation is likely to drive behavior."

Yep, shouldn't have had that first piece of nougat last night. Wish I had read that first. :eek: So I think for people with challenges with food-and I think we all know that- the key is to not even start. And that's because the senses get so fired up that after that first spoon it's even harder to stop. It does act on the brain like a drug. Literally.

OK, I must move before work. I look forward to today's happenings for everyone!

Lori: You posted while I was writing and enjoying my foffee. I am glad you had two days off. It looks like you had two good workouts too. I forgive you for ruining my dumbbels ;) But I think they should be OK for the heavier weights. I was doing supported bicep curls with 18# yesterday in disc19 and I though I might have been able to do 20#. I feel strong and I love it. Just can't get my head around doing a leg workout lately, don't know what is up with that.....

Good Morning

One more rest day, and tomorrow will start a new rotation, I really want to do something with GS! I was thinking of doing FF's Muscle Building and Staying Lean rotation. But on the flip side of that coin, I really want to concentrate on banging out this 5k in September....and I don't think being the Heavyweight champion of the world is going to overly help, so we'll see! Because GS Legs makes me wish I had no legs every single time I do it...lol

So, I dont' work today!!! However, I have an 8:30 meeting at the gym. :confused: Why did I set it up that early after my double?? DC is out of town, but I'm meeting with the owner from another facility, because she's just nice enough to help both of us out getting started with this business.

So, DN is kind of a long story.....but I will say this. (We work(ed) together, We didnt talk for over a year which I think I mentioned). He came back with the same tone that DG did last week, that I was the one who didn't talk to him, was stand-offish, etc. Have I been subconsciously sabatoging relationships???? And then blaming it on the guy? Someone tell me. In my defense, though, DG can be downtright brutal when he wants to be (but that's kind of like me, so what's the difference?) *sigh*

Belinda- You're just nuts. :eek:

Lori- No, I will answer the phone if DG calls. I couldn't wrap my mind around that I probably wouldnt' see or talk to him if I didn't give him my number. So I'm glad things are moving along in your studies! Great workout yesterday!! Try and enjoy your party, because I know you're so thrilled....lol

Helene- So how about July 9th? No parasailing, Annie seems to think he planned his trip to Florida so he could get out of it....LOL Yes lets talk soon about doing some workouts! I can't believe how different things are going to be.

Amelia- Good workout yesterday. :D I've never heard of Hallux rigidus...very interesting, and probably very painful!! I hope you get that checked out soon!

Trish- Nice workouts!! that's what i'm afraid of doing GS right now. I actaully want to concentrate on running, and running "pain" free...lol I dont' know when I'll see DN again, he wanted to see me last night after I got out of work and he was at a party, but I said I had an early meeting, which is true! Woohoo on getting your Saturdays back!!

Hello to Deb and Cookie!

BBL

Well, it seems all i do on this forum is whine:(

I've had a frustrating morning already. I decided to go to some yard sales then stop by the grocery store. I took the kids with me. Well, after about 3 yard sales im on my way to another one when I start having car troubles:( I was pushing the gas pedal and there was no pressure...sigh. I pull over and this nice, older man stops to help me. well to make a long story short after sitting there for about 20 minutes trying to crank it the car decides to start again and I high tail it home. I was SO MAD at that damn car:mad: and whats so frustrating about it is that it happened about two weeks ago with me (never happens when DH drives it, another reason im starting to hate the car) and i told DH about it, he brushes it off as having bad fuel or something in the tank...:mad::mad: I never did get to the grocery store either.

ok so im home and starting to calm down when my MIL calls and wants me to come get her because she scared of the storms coming our way...I tell her i can come but we might not make it back home:confused: she then huffs and puffs, says bye and HANGS UP ON ME:eek: my goodness, i don't understand her sometimes?

so anyways...thats my day so far. Im suppose to do a circuit today..will see. Im sure it will make me feel better if i do. It will take every ounce of will power i have to stay on my diet:(

Im sorry to get on here and complain then go... but the kids are wanting lunch..i will bbl

Howdy girls,

Drive by check in for me. I did GS Shoulders, Back & Biceps this morning. I expect to have some DOMs going on in the AM:cool:. Headed out for dance rehearsal. Will try to check in again tonight to catch up on pesonals.

Happy Friday!

Hey Girls!

My day is almost over! Yippee!!!

My workout was PH and ME back and chest, 40 mins on the TM ( I did seg 1 and 2 of CC#5) and LL abs. Nice workout. If its nice tomorrow I will probably get up early and run.

Trish** NIce workout!

Helene** Its hard to check in when there are people around AND its sunny when I am home. I thought about taking the computer outside with me but I wouldn't be able to see the screen b/c the glare from the sun. I had to laugh when you said you should have read that before you ate the nougat! To funny!!

Iris** I love the GS dvds...they are my fav and my running partner as them right now! I need to get them back!

Ameila** Sorry for the car troubles...just buy a new one! LOL Don't get me started on all the things that need to be fixed at my house.

I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Whoohoo, checking in late with workout. I decided to do 4ds LIS then bm2 upper body...my arms are fried and i feel so much better. But most importantly im just proud of myself, i almost took a rest day and ordered a pizza:p im still on plan and fixing to take the kids out to the pool. Amazing how exercise can change your mood:)

Lori-Nice workout today! I wish i could get a new car! Maybe one day when i get a job:confused:

Trish-Here's to DOMS in the AM:cool: High fives on your workout girl! Nice..

I will try and catch up later with everyone I missed.

Evening,

quick check-in for me. I'm with Amelia, I exercised and I feel much better. What a mood lifter. It was an awesome workout. I did Fire 45 from turbo fire (383 calories) Hiit 20 from turbo fire (153 calories) and 4DS legs (207 calories). I was sweeeaaaaaaTY! :eek:

I got to go, the little ones haven't eaten yet and it's 8:30PM :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.