COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 20, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I haven't decited if I wonna take a rest day or workout today:eek:

Have great weekend, everyone! BBL! I will try to catch up on personals, I am just so busy/tired:mad: Sorry, about that!

Good Morning Girls,

Thanks for all the encouraging words! I don't know what I was thinking...duh, you guys are more supportive than anyone in my real life when it comes to this stuff. Then again, I don't talk about it with anyone in my real life because they all think my exercising and eating is not normal. Anyway, I had my first session with the shrink and I didn't discover anything yet. She asked a bunch of questions about my life and relationships and before I knew it, the session was over. I know it takes time to figure it all out but I was really hoping for a hint of what might be going on. Anyway, I scheduled an appt with a different head shrinker who specializes in behavior modification...the first one specialized in eating disorders and I'm still not sure I have one. So, maybe the second one may offer more help. I also had some time to think on my own and what I discovered is that this problem didn't start until two years ago, after I had been 1 year into serious exercise and clean eating. Believe it or not, I never binged before I restricted my diet. I ate what I wanted, but I never over ate or felt out of control when eating. I think somehow my view of food has gotten very distorted. I know certain foods are not healthy for you but I don't think I should freak out just because I have some. I didn't tell you guys I didn't go to work on Monday after all the binging on Sunday because I felt disgusted. Then the whole week at work I kept my door closed and everyone kept coming by asking if I was okay and I looked really sad. That was what made me think I need to see someone. If you can't get out of bed because you ate some sugar, something is not right! So, until I have this licked, what I'm going to try is backing off the clean eating a little on the weekends (during the week I don't seem to think about it) and allowing myself 200 cals of anything - brownies, cake, candy bar, whatever! I'm also going to try not to label food as good or bad. Because once I have the "bad" food I feel horrible about myself. If I eat a small brownie, it probably won't make much difference in my weight anyway so why beat myself up. I don't know if this will do the trick, but I want to get back to not stressing over food. It is taking up too much of my LIFE.

Belinda - Well, you asked me to check in...I bet you weren't expecting a novel :) Were you able to get more sleep last night? Is SC Step Moves an oldie? I can't figure out the SC.

Iris - So, how has the DC training been going (other than the fact that he still doesn't focus!)? Will you be going into the gym 5 days a week? Do you get to pick your own hours? It sounds like a dream job! I have definitely been following the DG stories...have fun parasailing! I took my 7YO in Hawaii and it was a blast. So, the big question will be...are you going to tell him you're leaving?? This is the best soap opera. I don't know what we'll do if you really get rid of DG.

Amelia - Ok, you and Iris both give Rodney Yee the thumbs up, I'm going to add him to my netflix queue today:) Thanks for the encouraging words. Hope your headache goes away.

Cookie - Those are my two reasons for not checking in...too busy or feeling bad about eating. You would think I would check in so I would get support, but I'm usually feeling so bad and don't want to "talk" to anyone. But, I'm going to give it a try. It always makes me feel better when I do. Good job with sticking to your cookie commitment! Once I feel a little more normal, I'm going to decide what to leave on my diet and what to take off. It just might be that I need a cookie once a week to keep from eating the whole pack. Sounds crazy, but right now I'm out of ideas.

Helene - Fabulous cal burn yesterday!! I own that DVD and have never tried it. Kind of crazy right?

Deb - It would be great to meet. Maybe one day the 5 of us could meet up, too. How was travel fit yesterday? I'm planning on buying that one eventually. Are you doing RT this year?

Well, I think I take the award for the longest post!! Sorry for going on, but I needed to say some of that to someone and you guys would understand best. Thanks for reading!!

I'm starting a new rotation today...FF's Strength and cardio. All of the endurance workouts from the Get Ready for Summer Rotation have left my muscles on the flimsy side!

BBL

Trish, glad you are back! Don't beat yourself up, if you eat something not so healthy, we all do it! Live is to short to stress about the small stuff. You're excersing, so what if you eat a cookie or whatever.I had 1 glass of wine last night and chocolate:p Enjoy life a little;)

Thanks Belinda. I agree with you...it's small stuff. I'm not sure how I let it become big stuff but I'm working on getting it back to being small stuff;)

Hope everyone enjoys father's day. We're taking DH to see Karate Kid and then out for Indian food...and I'm not counting calories:p

Morning everyone!

I am going to try and do this at the same time as playing with DS (he insists I play Mario on his DS with him :D). DH is out playing golf already, that's part of what he gets to do on father's day. All by himself in the fresh morning dew :)

Belinda: I hope you have a great day regardless of what you end up doing ;)

Deb: Nice job in AC. Don't spend your money on turbo fire yet. I'll let you know by the end of next week if I like it if you want.

Iris: Why para-sailing?! You know, there are a lot of places you can also go zip lining around here if you want..... if your goal is to give him a heart attack. When do you drive down? Tell Cathe she's awesome for me and that STS is just amazing. You know what it is about here workouts. No dread factor. I think it's her personality that pulls you right along with her. When exactly is the race by the way? I come back from vaca on the 6th of September.

Hey Amelia! "Whoosh" there it is!!!! :D Hope you got rid of your headache. What cardio did you end up doing yesterday?

Cookie: Well I am very happy that you are staying away from the cookies, but I do have a bone to pick with you LOL. Maybe Iris can correct me, but the no cookie deal we shook hands on went to the end of my contest (september 4th) not the RT! Hope you are getting everything done. It doesn't sound like you have enough fun.

Trish: So nice to see you check-in. Of course it doesn't have to be a long check-in everytime. So thanks for sharing, and we are totally here for you. It's like that for me too. My cyber friends "get" me when it comes to exercise and food. Nobody else does. I think it is very interesting your analysis of you not having this problem before. And I think your idea to allow yourself some slack is great as well. There is a diet based on 80-90% good for you food and 10% what you want. I would label it all good: 80-90% good for your body and 10-20% good for your soul. And I think you can do it anyday you feel like it. Don't restrict it to the weekend right away. It sounds like it's the restrictions that throw you off. You don't have to do it on a schedule, try to allow yourself candy when you feel like it. Anyways, rereading all the Tom Venuto stuff, he keeps saying that ultimately, what matters most is the TOTAL number of calories. He doesn't recommend eating candy all day long because it will make you crash, but he does emphasize the TOTAL number of calories. It also seems that for competition, you want to control the total number of fat as well (bellow 20%) of your diet. Are you keeping track of your total calories so that this approach can make sense? I know for me last night I had chocolate and sopressata and was still within my allowance. I hope we can help you with this. You are right though, it is taking over your every thought and I was very sad for you :( But we can beat this. :) Last thing, if you are interested, I am doing the BFFM challenge, it runs until September 4th. You could join me. I'm three weeks in, I have taken control over my eating for now and I am down 6.8lbs in three weeks. I am working out like maniac, but that part sounds like you would have no problem with either. ;) I will try to PM you those forms even if I don't get a chance to make my own version. He, He, and that was my novel to you !

Everyone else, have a great day. Enjoy all the dad's around you.

Good Morning Ladies...:confused:

So today was supposed to be the first day of Week 4 of Meso 3 for me. But one of two things are gonna happen. I'm gonna take a rest week starting today *because life is effing nuts for the rest of the week*.....or try and squeeze it in and drive myself nuts. I"m thinking of taking a break, moving onto something else *like FF's rotations*, and then doing STS again (the short version) after the 5K......

So.....I went a BBQ after work yesterday (at DR's house....hehe) :).....I had a few drinks.....:confused:.....driving was becoming less of an option........:eek: I never came home, hence no workout, nor sleep, and I have a long trip today. :mad: I'm such a jerk.

Trish- It's weird that you say that you noticed it started when you actually started to concsiously restrict yourself. It becomes the I want what I "can't" have, mentality. People don't tend to give a second thought to what's not restricted, you know? I know that's a simplistic way of putting it, but I could see that mentality leading to bigger problems *like eating disorders, addictions, etc*

Ok I will bbl with more personals!! I gotta get laundry started!

Morning

Well my WI this morning was great! I lost about 5lbs this week...Last Sunday's weight was 180.4, todays weight 175.8:eek: Im sure next weeks weight loss won't be as much since it was TOM last week...will see. Im so proud of myself this week:D 150 HERE I COME! (im kinda wondering about my calories now...maybe i should increase them? Or maybe i shouldn't;) eating about 1500-1550 a day)

Today is Cardio and Weights. Were taking the kids to see Toy Story 3 this evening, can't wait. This is the first 'family' movie we have seen together. I think my son(5) will sit still for toy story3;)

Im also having a cheat meal...Yay! Not sure what yet but im allowing 2000 calories for today.

Belinda-Enjoy whatever you decide to do...i wish i could take a rest day today but i used mine Wednesday:confused:

Trish- {{{hugs}}} It sounds like your doing better! And im glad your talking to us about it! Sounds like you have a nice plan in mind. I can tell ya what works for me? Whenever i get that urge to binge, i stop and find something to do! I will write in my blog, clean the house, go online and read about success stories, go over my accomplishments so far. Just anything to keep my hands/mind busy. I think once the habit is broken, the urge gets weaker. Anyways, just throwing in my two cents. Im sure you will find what works for you and congrats on taking the first step in recovery! I know its hard but you can do it! Oh and your going to LOVE Rodney Yee...I've got a couple by him but the one i reach for the most i got at walmart for 10$, A.M yoga. There are 5-20minute sessions in there,perfect after a cardio or weight session.

Iris-The GRFS '10 FF rotation is FAB-U-LOUS!!! im enjoying it! Im starting my fourth week tomorrow and im sure i will continue on with it until i hit a plateau with my wieght loss.

Helene-I got my Whoosh this morning! I did a little happy dance in the bathroom floor,LOL. Yesterday I did LM step combo's only, then some rodney yee yoga. Sounds like your playing Mario...right now my kids are playing star wars lego...i played a little myself yesterday, pretty fun. The kids get the biggest kick out of me playing there games, they get so excited,LOL.

ok..i will bbl.

Hi girls,

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday couldn't shake my headache so I have to do either Travel Fit or Circuit Blast before I leave for my in-laws today for a BBQ. Actually I had 1 glass of wine with dinner and that took my migraine away:confused:

I picked up Jillian Michael's Yoga Melt at Walmart yesterday. I know Amelia and some of you have it . . . should I keep it??

Belinda - Enjoy your rest day or workout:)

Trish - It seems like you have a good understanding of what's going on. I think seeing someone will help you put it in action. I worry about the stress you are having more then the sugar etc. . . so it's more important to get rid of that and fit in little treats. Just my 2 cents. Both my DH & Mom are in good shape but stress so much and in my heart I know that is so bad for them and takes away from their heathly lifestyle. By the way I'm on a waitlist for the RT.

Helene - I'll wait before I buy Turbo Fire look forward to hearing about it. Do you have Insanity? You are doing great with the challenge!!

Iris - Sounds like your going to need a nap today:) Your young you can get away with it:D Have a safe trip driving today. Are you guys meeting up tonight?

Amelia - Awesome job with the weight loss:) Your hard work is showing!!! Enjoy the movie and cheat day . . . you deserve it. Ugh, I remember taking DS's to see Toy Story 1 that makes me old:D

Cookie & Lori - Are you guys celebrating with your DH's, breakfast in bed????

Enjoy the day:)

Amelia: Great job. You show that scale who's boss. 150 before the end of the year :eek: We can both work on our goals. Mine is 135 by the end of the year, but with muscle :eek: Not a flabby 135. (I'm at 153 right now and was at 148 before Xmas :mad:)

Deb: Let me know what you think of yoga meltdown. I do have Insanity too :eek: I like it, but have never done it as was intended with a 2 months rotation. I like more variety and I want to keep working on my weight workouts with STS.

Hey girls, quick check in. Its almost bedtime but i wanted to report todays workout. Decided on Drill max and WOW was it one hour of pure sweat. What a challenging workout:eek: I wore my HRM (first time in a while) and I burned right at 500 cals. I then did C&W abbs.

Helene-150 by the end of the year sound heavenly...We CAN DO IT. I can't wait to get back on track tomorrow. Today wasn't too bad, had some chinese food then some frozen yogurt...

Debbie- I do like yoga meltdown but i have a hard time fitting it into my rotation. Its not your every day yoga...she kinda uses reps to increase your HR. So far I've done level one and find it pretty challenging so its definitely a keeper! (there are two levels:confused:)

Hello to anyone i missed...

Amelia: All right, we are ON!!! I can't even imagine, I would almost cry with joy if I made it to 135 with tine. Wait, WHEN I make it to 135 with tone. I am doing really well with the BFFM challenge so now I have to keep the momentum going. Cool. Nice job on your workout. I haven't done that one for a while but am also staying away from the circuit workouts because of STS already.

Lori: Where have you been girl?

Well the eats today were NOT clean. But the total calories were still within target so that's OK. But I had two slices of pie (in three times over the day :rolleyes:) One was peach pie and the other coconut custard. Today was supposed to be one of my leg day with a plyo disc followed by 4ds legs but I felt like my legs could barely carry me. I think it's from 1.5 Hiits on friday night, Imax Extreme on Saturday morning and carrying a 40lb toddler around an amusement park. So I did an old Taboe VHS tape instead. I had fun. I will put more of them in because they work my core which I never work :eek: and also they don't bother my achilles at all. And at 450 calories for an hour, it's pretty good.

Tomorrow morning I start Meso 3. I hope I won't be too tired doing it. I feel good and I am even going to try the squat rack for the first time on Wednesday. If I get too tired, I might take 2 rest days a week and see how that goes.

Have a good night all. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.