Commit to get fit and lean for Jun 28, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone!

After my coffee, I will do cardio. I still haven't decited if I wonna do LM or run on the TM:eek: My legs are so tired this week, with all that running around plus keeping up with my rotation.

Have a great rest day/ workout today. BBL!

'Morning!
Belinda, I'll bet your legs are tired! Bet the rest of you is also. What are your plans for this week with your son?
I think it was my DH snoring that woke me up, but I was catching on things here in Catheland when out of the corner of my eye I saw something. At first I thought it must have been an insect, but after a couple of minutes, I realized there was a bat flying circles thru my house. Tried opening a door and requesting his departure. Know it had to be a male since he ignored me. Then big brave me decided to ignore him. Yep, and he settled down and didn't notice him for a bit. Then he starts up again. Three dogs all just sort of watched. One starts scrambling around, but of course he doesn't bark at all. Nope - not once. Can bark at every person, car, or cat moves within 5 miles, but doesn't do a thing with a flying rodent in the house. All of a sudden, there is a pretty loud thud, screeching, and then a cat starts loudly meowing. The cat caught it. Now I have to confess I don't like this cat. She's not nice. A few years ago she ate a baby chick I was raising. She never wants to be petted and is just plain cranky. My DH got her thinking every little girl wants a cat, but my DD has told him nobody wants one like this one. We initially named her Soot, since she's all black, but over the years her name has become That D--- Black Cat. Guess I'm going to have to rethink my feelings on her. Not too much tho 'cause then she was playing with it in my dining room! Yuck! Sorry too much info, I know. Of course, my hub and daughter slept thru the excitement.
Yesterday did sts 12 legs, and then took youngest son back. Went to Wegman's while there - love visiting that grocery store. It's an experience and love their food. Today is disc 11 and hopefully some cardio. My stomach is still a little off. Chat more later.
Cookie

Hi girls,

I just got done with CCPP:D I ran 5.5 miles!

Off to the shower and get some lunch!

Cookie, my legs didn't feel any better after CCPP:p Make sure you get a nap in today, you got up really early today. No plans so far for next week. Now he doesn't want to do anything anymore, he is so moody:p

Have a great Sunday!

Morning

the aroma of bacon and pancakes are in the living room...heavenly!

Today is a rest day for me...i plan on working on the yards this evening so that will be a nice calorie burner! DH and I had fun yesterday after dropping off the kids, we were suppose to see a movie but the idea of sitting in a theatre for 2 and a 1/2 hours didn't seem at all appealing...so we went to wally world and came home:p We ate at Long John Silvers and i was a good girl, had one of those new fresh grille lower calorie meals...pretty good!!

Belinda-Great job with CCPP...ive heard that workout is killer!!

Cookie-Two Cheers for Soot, glad you are rodent free! Great job with STS!

Well,off to log my food for the day. DH and i are planning on going to a local public pool for a couple of hours while the kids are still at my moms. We don't have to pick them up unitl 6ish...:eek::D

ok,have a good day Ladies

ETA-i forgot to mention that i measured this morning and all though my weight isn't budging im down 1inch in my hips and 1/4 of an inch in my legs....not too shabby!!! All take it;).

Last edited:
Hi Cookie,

Not to scare you but last week I read a thread in OD forum about a poster who had a bat in her house. She was told to capture it and have it tested for rabies. It tested positive.

Apparently bats can bite you and you wouldn't even feel it. I also read this happening to someone in our town. I really think you should contact your health dept. and doctor. Maybe you could email the poster and she could give you more details.

It is under the thread "Freaking Out" in OD forum.

Last edited:
Good morning girls,

I'm planning to go to the gym and use the ellipitical today w/CC.

Belinda - Your son is probably too tired, maybe when he catches up on his rest he'll want to do more:D

Amelia - Great job with the lost inches, way to go!!!

Lori - Good luck with your race today . . . let us know the details:)

Trish - Beautiful day today:)

Iris - What is your workout planned for today?

Hi girls,

Cookie, I read that also on the OF a few days ago! Be careful!

Amelia, have fun at the pool today and enjoy your rest day. High fives, on the inches, that is awesome!

Lori, WTG on winning first place today! Excellent job!

Debbie, have fun with CC today!

Trish, what are your plans for today?

Have a great day, eveyone!

Hi again!
Lori, did you come in first? That's awesome, but not surprising to us. Congrats. You should be so proud of yourself.
Amelia, congrats to you on the inches. Way to go, girl. Hope you're enjoying the pool.
Belinda, Okay, so now I'm sort of freaking out, and I haven't even read that other poster's thread yet. That darn bat did touch me! I'm gonna go read that post when I'm done here. Thanks so much for mentioning it, ladies.
Debb, thanks a lot for informing me about it. I didn't even see that post. However, now that you and Belinda have mentioned it, I'm feeling scuzzy and scratching my head where he touched me...
Trish, how was the dancing yesterday? Were you able to squeeze in the TM?
Iris, how's the move coming along? Why did you decide to move?
Did sts 11 - back and tris and then yoga. Yep, that four-letter word as I call it. Before I checked back in, I was feeling all worked out, sorta relaxed you know, even tho I'm in the middle of writing a grant reapplication for work. Now, I'm still sort of zenned but scuzzy 'cause of that flying rodent. I better ask DH were he disposed of it. Oh, wait, does this mean I have to take that Darn Black Cat to the vet? She's so hard to get, let alone put her in a carrier. It's always something, isn't it? I'll call the vet and dr tomorrow. Seriously, thanks for letting me know.

Okay, just sent DH out to dig up the flying rodent. After reading that post, and talking it over with hub, I'm going to drop it off at the vet's in the am. It was strange that it touched my head - no other bats have done that. But the strangest thing is that the cat caught it. This cat hasn't caught anything ever, other than that baby chick I was raising. We've had mice and other bats, but it just didn't do a thing. Seems strange that she could catch a bat. So, I'll drop it off for testing and call my dr in am. Thanks so much, ladies!
Cookie

Cookie, I didn't mean to freak you out! I am sure you ok! Take care and (((HUGS))) I was so freaked out yesterday, I found a dead bird on my
balcony, I was watering my flowers! My lap sniffed alll over that thing. DH said there wasn't anything left of the bird except the feathers:rolleyes: maggots ate that bird:rolleyes:

Trish and Iris, have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.