Commit to get FIT and LEAN...Its Monday!! :s

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

This week I don't like Mondays...cause I'm working;) I will feel differently next Monday! LOL

Im just getting us started. I havent done anything (workout wise) in 2 days. Fri I did 22.5 km. I feel very bloated....I wonder why!? Prehaps I ate to much:rolleyes:

I will fill everyone in on our trip when I get a chance. Hopefully work will be a little bit quiet. It was quit the experience and I am glad to be back on dry land!

Lori:)

Morning....

Lori: LOL, I feel the same every Monday. Wonder if it's because I work every Monday :p I can't wait to read about your trip. You have a way with word, always bring a smile to my face :) Have a good day.

Melissa: Your cheat dessert almost doesn't sound like one. SF/FF ice cream? Can you still call it ice cream? :p Sorry you have to pass on GS. If it makes you feel any better, I had STS before GS and I am not as into it. I think everyone else had them before STS so got hooked before. I think I've read you've done a full round of STS already? I love Imax2 as well.

Deb: Sorry your DH is helping you ;) That was funny to read like that. It's going to be frustrating when you feel fine and still can't workout. I hope you can stick to the Dr's orders. No berry face, we did have berry hands :)

Amelia: SO jealous the kids are in school and you get to spend time by yourself. It would be my dream right now to be able to do that just for a week. Your ticker is jaw dropping by the way.

Belinda: Enjoy Prag.

Iris: Hope you had a good time jet skiing.

Cookie: Welcome back.

Trish and Kristin: Enjoy vaca.

Hope I got everyone.

I didn't end up doing a weight work yesterday. I did a lot of laundry and my neck was bothering me. I want to make sure it is healed by the time we go on vaca because I will have to put the kids on my shoulders likely. And that's in less than two weeks now. Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning girls,

I'm running out the door, I have a Pottery Barn job today and I know I'm going to want to buy all the furniture in the store . . . may have to go buy a lottery ticket:eek: No time for the TM, but will do it after work today.

Lori - So how many times did you fall in the water & did you catch anything? LOL

Helene - That will be a workout putting the kiddies on your shoulders:D

BBL with personals.

Have a great day:)

Hey Girls,

Awesome run this a.m...after the shin splits disappeared! They were there for half of the run. Ended up doing 13.2 km and it felt so nice. A good rest makes me want to run.

So here is the scoop on my trip:

We load everything aboard of the canoes and off we go. There are some rough parts in the water and you need to know where you have to manouver around the rocks. The couple that was with us, went down the first patch of rough water first and we followed. But instead of going close to the shore line, DH said "*uck it, we are going right through the middle"...yeah....not a great idea! All I saw was a rock, a drop, then I was swimming!:confused: 15 mins into to my trip I was soaked and all my things were floating down the river. I also had to let my sandals go so I could swim to shore, b/c of the tide it was pushing us down the river but we did good and made it to shore super fast. Sooooo, we are just standing there, looking at the canoe, upside down and wondering how we are going to get it. DH also got a bit of razz b/c the rock he clung to was slippery and he was being swept away but I ended up pulling him back...so now he is getting heat b/c his wife saved his life:D Behind us was a bunch of kids, some who work for DH and they gathered up all of our things, they were like a bunch of retrivers in the water! LOL

So....we are back on board and off we go but we have to stop at a friends cottage to get the water out of the motor. DH set up a clothes line in the boat and starts hanging up clothes to dry...then his clothes starts blowing away and sinking. We get the motor fixed and off we go again and we met up with another couple that was meeting us. Now there are 6 of us.

Our friends boat as a hole somewhere, so it keeps leaking water and he as to bail it every 10 mins, his motor only works when it wants to and his wives paddle breaks in half so now she only has half a paddle to paddle with.

Its getting dark and we haven't set up camp yet and now I am starting to get pissed. We keep bringing up on rocks and we are kind of sitting there like a see-saw. I can't get wet AGAIN....its getting cold now and the sun is gone. The camping spot we were headed to as been taken and this old man points us in the direction of another camping spot. We get out of the boat and all it is is a cliff with trees:confused: But what else do we do? Its dark so we can't go anywhere else. All of clothes are wet and I have no shoes.

We set up camp, in the dark, we eat, in the dark, light a fire that keeps sliding down the hill. One guy sets of fire works, one head towards the canoe, the next towards his wife so we called that quits. I go to brush my teeth but my tooth brush is gone. Go to get in bed, and my air mattress has a hole in it and is now flat again. DH finds the hole and I stick a peice of gum on it....but that does'nt work either. I wake up in the middle of the night on the ground again. We wake up in the morning, to fog. Light a fire to boil some water for coffee and realize that our can is gone...so no COFFEEEEEEEEE! Am I surprised?? No...not really. Nothing else seemed to be going the way it was suppose to so I don't know why I should expect coffee.

The rest of the day was pretty much smooth sailing and we didn't get home until 4'ish. I was sooo tired last night! Dropping!

Helene** There you have it...there is my story and Im sure I left some parts out. Mondays have to be the worst but I will be optimistic today!;)

Deb** How are you feeling? Sounds like you are doing great!

I should go do some work I suppose!!

Morning

Lori-:eek: on your trip! Glad you guys made it back safe and sound. I had to lol at the retrievers comment:p. Nice job on your run!

Helene-two more weeks!!! So exciting! Hope your neck feels better.

Deb- Have a good day at work!

Belinda-Have a great time on your trip.

Melissa-Nice workouts over the weekend! Thanks for the comment on my blog:)

I've got a rest day on tabs today. Which is good since i woke up with my head pounding, body aches and my nose all stuffed up:(. DD had the sniffles last week and i figured it was allergies. I took a clariton and i hope it helps:confused:

I will check back in later..

Hi ladies!!

Happy Monday...UGH lol :eek: Actually, today isn't all that bad. I was hoping I could register for the prereq classes for physical therapy this semester but I spoke with an advisor at the college and she told me that a lot of them are during the day which is no good for me. I looked and confirmed that yup, most of the labs are smack in the middle of the day. Being that the semester starts in less than 2 weeks, I can't quit my 9-5 so it looks like I am stuck in this hole until Jan :( Oh well...they have an intro to physio & anatomy on Monday nights which is closed out but I emailed the prof to see if he will let me in since it's a lecture class. I figure it's a start and taking 4 credits will slowly get me back into school mode.

Tonight's workout on deck is 4DS Higher Intensity Step circuit. I might throw in some Lower Intensity Step afterward since that was the WO I skipped last week but we will see. ;)

Helene, you're right...SF/FF isn't much of a cheat but if I kept the regular stuff in my house, it would be gone in 4 days. I'm not even kidding! Sweets are my weakness. My favorite supermarket ice cream is Turkey Hill's Extreme Cookies & Cream and supposedly it's 12 servings...yup that puppy is gone in 4 days max!! And yes, I made it thru 1 6mos rotation of STS. My next rotation will be the 3mos STS + Shock Cardio, prob sometime in the fall.

Lori, I'm LOLing at your story and picturing it all, esp the gum on the bed! At least it makes for a good form of entertainment. Now that it's all over, you guys will prob look back and laugh :)

Deb, I looooooooove Pottery Barn!! I always spend a fortune/lifetime in that store. They have so many cute things!

Alright ladies I should go get some work done before 5. BBL!

Hey there!
How's everyone doing? I love, love, love OBX. Just thought I'd tell ya all that, in case you missed it before. Doing a lot of beach walking, dune hiking and kayaking. Oh and reading a lot of books. Glad to read everyone is doing well.
Lori, believe me that's like my last camping adventure, and trust me it will be my last one. One thing after another and it wasn't fun. I'm now a dayhiker with hotels at night.
Amelia, I had a dream you became a group fitness instructor - have you ever considered it.
Helene, I take it you went berry picking. The peaches here this year are great. Got some wonderful black- and blueberries at a farm stand. What happened to your neck?
Melissa, I'm going to do sts/sc rotation soon. Brought equipment with us so maybe even today.
Deb, how are you feeling? I have to stay far, far away from PB.
Cookie

Hi girls,

I just did my walk 40 min., Pottery Barn job went smoothly spent some time looking around and thinking how nice some of that stuff would look in my house;)

Lori - Holy sh*t on your camping trip. Would have liked to see a video of it:eek: The worst that happened to us camping was it snowed, I can't complain!

Amelia - I hope your feeling better.

Cookie - You sound like you had a great vacation and came back relaxed:) I'm feeling much better, but still listening to Dr.'s orders and just walking:(

Melissa - It seems like the classes fill so quickly in the Fall. I guess everyone is really motivated after the summer.

Iris - So how was jet-skiing yesterday?

Helene - Maybe you'll pop in during your meeting tonight:)

Hi Belinda, Trish & Kristin - Enjoying your vacations!

Hi Ya!

It's pretty quiet around here again with the Belindas gone!;)

I had to come back to work tonight but I won't be here for long and its only early. I should be outta here in an hour:D

Ameila** Are you feeling any better? Hopefully its just allergies but come to think of it, are there allergies this time of year? I thought allergies was a spring thing? Hope you enjoyed your rest days, despite of the fact that you weren't feeling the best.

Deb** I don't think I could have coped if it had snowed! LOL NOt with everything else that happened...and me bare foot!:D Im def laughing now that its over but like they say...live and learn!

Melissa** To bad about the course! Ugh! I haven't heard anything about the job I applied on. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Its only early though. I took some of my PT books on my camping trip....you know...just in case I wanted to read while I was relaxing in canoe. BUt they ended up going over board, so I threw them in the fire. I can get more, or I can just print them off line...which I will probably do NOW...while there is no one around. If I can't get a raise, then I shall steal some paper!

BB in the a.m!

Evening,

Deb: Yep I'm here :p Just finished my bit. One person really :mad: me. sigh..... breathe deep. I don't allow myself to go into PB. It's nice but way too pricey ;) sounds like you are doing well. Do you go to the Drs tomorrow.

Lori: Belindas and Loris. That's what this thread is all about. Boy you didn't disappoint me with your weekend story :eek: That is one trip for memories. I burst out laughing at work and got a few weird looks. :D I didn't bother explaining to them. I mean, do I tell them my cyber friends make me laugh? They would look at me even funnier. Can't believe your PT books went into the bonfire. That is just the best story! Oh, and the fireworks......ROFLMAO!!!!! Oh, and I've used some paper at as well. :eek: and ink :eek:

Cookie: welcome back! I hurt my neck getting off the couch. Yeah, really impressive I know! When are we going to dinner?

Amelia: Yeah two more weeks til vaca and only 7 more days till the company leaves. I'm ready. :eek:

Melissa: Sorry about the classes not lining up until next semester. I hope you can get in to the one night class.

Got an additional dumbbell rack for my workout room and rearranged tonight (almost missed my meeting too :eek: ). It looks so nice and tidy. No dumbbells on the floor or plates on the floor. I am so excited for tomorrow morning's workout ;) Nothing today. I still have a sore muscle in my back so I think tomorrow I will just do some cardio.

Have a good evening all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.