Commit to get fit and lean for Fri Feb 22nd 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

How are you this morning? I am getting us started, I will be back after I had my coffee!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Belinda

Good Morning girls!

Belinda-Whats on tabs for today?

ETA-so Belinda,you did bm2 ub bfl style...how did you do that? Im thinking you did every workout cathe did but made it likea a pryamid? Thats does sound fun...I like that workout,and miss it! next week is UB for me so I may do that! No wait im doing GS next week,LOL

Lainie-Yay,your starting bfl on monday!! Your gonna love it:) I PROMISE its alot easier than the SBD ;-)

Cheryl-I missed you yesterday,glad to hear everything is going well with you- business wise and weight wise! Good luck to you girl! we can ALL do this together;-) ~Hugs

Lori-so....what workout(s) are you planning today,superwomen;-)

Shannon-Thanks, its nice to see the scale moving agian-after such a long plateou :7 Enjoy your time with your DH! How are things comming along with having a baby? Are you guys still trying? Good Luck to you,my babies are my greatist gifts...

Carrie-Did you finish that round of P90 yet or are you on round two? Congrats agian on your success with the first round!

Stacey-I hope your day isn't too busy agian,i know how it is being a mom and all. I don't think I sat down but just a couple of minutes yeterday! I hope you get the time to fit in a nice workout today!

Krisitne-What workout you plannin on today?

as for me....and I can't believe im about to say this...im doing GS legs agian :+ :+ :) just the standing part ! I no longer have doms in my legs so it guess its time for some more,LOL!

My poor DH has been home since wednesday with body aches and a fever,so I hope he feels better today! He is ALWAYS getting whatever is around,poor thing! I need to strengthen his immune system or stomething....any ideas?

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies:)

How is everyone? I guess everyone else is happy that it is friday, I on the other hand, have to work all weekend! Blah! Atleast I have nothing to go to so my eating can be good all weekend}( And if there are no flights at work then there will be no cookies starring me in the face all weekend. Actually, i have been so good all week that I don't even think the cookies will tempt me at work unless I am raelly hungry! But thats where my snack comes in. I will have to take a snack to work, I guess.

Todays workout is suppose to be full body and cardio. Kind of thinking of mixing the cardio part up between a run and the 4 DS and maybe doing ME.

Belinda** Good workout today! I haven't done BM2 UB in a while either, now you are giving me the itch! Maybe I will do BM2 as my cardio today....I dunno what I am doing! LOL

Ameila** Does DH like his new job? sorry to hear he is sick! Are you looking forward to your weigh in tomorrow? My scale is the same today but thats o.k. I know I have been doing good and I expect to see 119 again in a week or so!:) Oh, a couple of yrs ago I incorported GS legs into my week once a week and I saw some great results with it.

Shannon** Thats o.k ( i guess;) ) you spend lots of time with DH, let us know how your apt goes!

Carrie** I was talking to my brother last night and he is going to loan me the P90X series he has. In the meantime I don't think I would be able to stick with it for 12 weeks though. Actually, I know I won't. It would be nice to play around with some different workouts for a bit though.

Laine** I also think you will enjoy BFL, when are you starting?

Cheryl** How are things going on the weightloss front? And how is work going? Youve been quiet lately, you must be busy!

Stacy** Did you get your workout in last night?

Kristine** What are you plans for the day???

So I opened my claim with paypal yesterday and they are investigating my parcel, I guess we will see what comes of it.
Im thinking about taking DS swimming...but I don't have a suit for him and I don't know what time open swim is. He LOVES the water though so i may still check it out!
Oh...took my measurments today and they are almost back to normal. My waist and hips were up a bit but they are headed back down, only 1/4"left to go.
K...Ill shut up now!

Lori:)

Hi girls,

This is my workout! BM 2 UB weights!

Double Arm Row on Ball (wt. is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 20
8 @ 25
6 @ 25
12 @ 20
Pullovers on Ball 12 @ 20
Rear Fly on Ball 12 @ 10

Ball Incline Pushups
Wide push ups ( I stop counting!)
Chest flys on Ball 12 @ 15

Seated Overhead Press on ball (wt.is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 15
8 @ 15
6 @ 15
12 @ 10
Shoulder Circles/ Lateral Raises ( I have no idea how many Cathe did?) 5 pounds that is all I could lift after all those overhead pesses!)

Hammer curls on the Ball (wt. is per DB)

12 @ 15
10 @ 15
8 @ 15
6 @ 15
12 @ 15
Incline Curls on Ball 12 @ 15
Seated Concentration curls on Ball 12 @ 15

32 Dips on Weights
Seated Extensions on Ball (wt. is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 15
8 @ 15
6 @ 20
12 @ 20
Kickbacks (way to many) 8 pounds

I will be back for personals! Gotta run dogs want to go outside!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey girls,

Im just popping while eating my breakfast,its raining like crazy here in GA! I hate driving in the rain! I have to go get some groceries later,im out of eveything-my poor DD had to eat her turkey sandwich on WW bread today(she hates ww bread,lol)

Lori-My DH loves his new job-unfortunately everybody at his work is sick(who wasn't sick last week IS this week) Kinda stinks that he has already missed two days at his new job,and hes still in training! But his boss understood-he himself has been out since wednesday too! Good news on your measurments,1/4 isnt much to go! I did WI this morning(like every morning)and its down 1.3 so far this week.last week I weighed 186.3 this morning 185.0 Im kinda hoping that i see 184.something in the morning, but don't want to press my luck,LOL....

Belinda-Your workout looks awesome,good going girl! we are almost the same in lifting,except I can't do the 15lbs on biceps yet,LOL :+ I may be able to with hammer curls-for some reason i can lift heavier with hammer curls-And I absoulutely refuse to do tricep dips,lol.

bbl

Belinda** Good job with the workout! I may really push it today and go super heavy but then again, if I do ME, I can't really do that can I?:)

Amelia** yeah, its bad when you start a new job and you call in sick. You don't want your boss to think you are one of those people who takes advantage of sick leave! Oh man...you are so close to the 170's...YAH!

Im just hanging out with DS. We are gonna go somewhere soon, I don't know where but somewhere. I made some creamcheese brownie( for fun:9 ) and I think I will deliver most of them to DH's work. The ladies should be happy with me! hehehe

Belinda-I did do those 32dips with weights....ONCE,lol...

Lori-LOL at you ...I feel the need to go somewhere too,guess to the stinkin grocery store! I need to get my workout overwith,i always feel better when its OVER :+ and tommorrow is a rest day-so looking forward to that...

Hi Gals-

Today is either a rest day or X-Stretch. I have been battling this severe abdominal pain. It sucks! Right around my belly-button. Probably digestive, right? Who knows? But it hurts. Everyone excited for the Oscars? I posted about that in OD.

Amelia- you should have your DH drink tons of fluids, and load up on the Vitamin C--maybe 1000-1500 mg/day. Gotta get that immune system back in shape! My DH also take Airborne with good results. I am in my 2nd round of p90x -Lean. I: am just doing it untill I can start running outside. Today finishes 3 weeks into and and tomorrow starts my recovery week.

Lori-that will be cool for you to try out the p90x workouts. I will be interested in your thoughts. It's not that their hard, what is hard, is sticking to a rotation for 12 weeks! Keep us posted on the ebay situation!

Lainie-that is cool that you are thinking about BFL. It sounds like everyone on it is getting great results!

Belinda- that BM2 UB is no joke! Tough workout!

Carrie

Hi everyone. Tons of snow this morning and it's still falling. DH decided to work from home today. Right now he's on a call in the attic and I'm keeping the boys entertained downstairs.

All I have planned that I really need to do today is to mail a couple DVDs I sold on Amazon, so I need to tromp through the snow later to the post office--luckily only a couple blocks away.

Yesterday I did BM2 upper body and abs. Then I did a premix from Amy Bento's ASCII (can't stop doing that one) on my MatStep. Wish I could really step!

Today I am supposed to do kickboxing--have to see how my knees take it.

Last night, I had some of my freaky dreams. Here's a synopsis of the wackiest in one sentence: Before the killer guy (dressed in blue) turns into a weird blue monster alien and spins off into space, I have him pinned down and say "Two days ago, my mother died. Yesterday the world ended and I gave birth. Do you think I don't know about real pain?" For some reason I end up talking like a poorly-written action hero in my dreams.

Belinda, great workout--I just did BM2 upper body yesterday, but the regular way. I'll have to get used to BFL-ing things. :p

Amelia, just the fact that you're allowed some type of carbs should make it easier than SBD. It was impossible for me not to have carbs.

Lori, I plan to start BFL on Monday--loaded up the groceries yesterday so hopefully that will help. My only concern is figuring out the workouts with my bad knees. Good luck with the ebay problem--hopefully you'll get a full refund soon.

Carrie, if that pain continues, better see a doctor. It does sound like it's a digestive location, but I'm no doc myself. Hope it feels better soon.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi ladies,

I also did BM2 abs!

Amelia** how did GS leg workout go? Sorry your DH is sick!

Lori** hope you enjoyed BM 2 cardio today! You did that right? Have fun taking your little one swimming!

Carrie** I hope you enjoy whatever you do today! Have an awesome day!

Lainie** what kickboxing are you doing today! Don’t worry you get used to BFL -ing things. Great workout yesterday!

Belinda

Hello everyone!

Well, just did a nice elliptical interval workout!! Whoo hoo, actually got it in while Ryan is napping and my other kids are watching Snow Buddies. Ahhhh, peace. Last night I was so tired that I went to bed at 9pm, no workout:( :( But, I slept a good full 8 hours and feel soooo good today. Think my body may be still in recovery mode. I've done 3 workouts so far this week and will do pilates on Saturday and Body Fusion on Sunday. That'll give me 5 for the week which is good.

Belinda, super job on your BM2 workout!!! I will be doing some BM2 next week, probably the cardio portions.

Amelia, good luck with the leg workout, sounds tough. YAY on the weight loss, you rock! Sorry to hear your DH is sick, hope he rebounds soon.

Lori, sounds like you're having a nice day with DS. I also love to take my kids swimming, they really enjoy it. Hope you have a super workout and great Friday:)

Carrie, have a nice stretch or rest day. Really sorry about your abdominal pain. A word of advice, if it continues, you really should go to a doctor. Sometimes abdominal pain can be something more serious. Case in point, my DD had abdominal pain last Spring and ended up in critical condition with ruptured appendicitis and spent a week at a children't hospital. Not saying that's what you have!! :) Just learned a lesson to not wait too long on the pain. Hopefully, you just have a little digestive issue that will resolve itself.

Lainie, great job on your workout!! Sounds like you are feeling better at least, that's good news for sure. Hope your knees improve with the physical therapy. I also have some wacky dream, had one the other night in fact.

Okay, my baby is waking up from his nap. Have a great Friday everyone.

Stacey

Good morning ladies,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday and checking in late today. Well, here is the story: I told you all that I went to the Dr. on Monday to get that wart on my knee cut off. Turns out it's too deep, so they couldn't do it there and I got a referral to a dermotologist, but my Dr. said I might have to pay out of the pocket for it. Anyway, we went yesterday to a surgeon, because my DH has to have his gall bladder removed (which we scheduled for next Wednesday) and my DH said to the Dr. if he could look at the wart. So he did and said, yes, sure we can cut it out right now, so that's what happened. He said it'll be sore and not to exercise for 2 days. Well, it didn't get sore until today, so I am still taking a rest day today, which I really wasn't planning on, but at least I got rid of the wart, yeah!!!

Belinda - Great job on your workout! Wow, you are going so heavy that's great!!!

Amelia - Have fun with GS legs today, it's a great workout! No workout for me today :-(

Lori - I read your post yesterday about ebay and sorry to hear that you didn't get your items. You did the right thing to report it at paypal, but you also can report it on ebay. I had it happened to me once that I received an item and it was not in excellent condition as the seller described, so I was furious and complained on ebay. I got my money back and they handle it really great and fast. I guess something like this happens sometimes, but ebay and paypal are great!!!

Carrie - Oh no, I hate stomach pain. I hope you'll get better soon!

Lainie - I am so jealous of all the snow that's falling :( ! Arrghh, why again did I move to Texas??? lol

Stacey - Oh, 8 hours of sleep sounds great. That's really what I need as well. Didn't sleep too good last night because my knee started to hurt and I couldn't get comfortable. I might take a nap when DD is asleep. Still trying to figure out her nap schedule. She takes one nap a day now. She gets up at 8 or 7.30, goes down for a two hour nap around 11. So she is up at 1. Her bedtime is at 8, so that means she is going for 7 hours straight, so she gets tired early, but with dinner and everything I don't get her down much earlier when 8. So I was thinking to put her down for her nap later, about 12.30ish, but I don't think I can keep her up that long. But she won't go down for 2 naps either. Any suggestions? Sorry to go on about this, but you are always so helpful.

Ok, ladies, gotta get some lunch and when rest a little bit ;) .

I'll try to be back later
Kristine :)

Hello ladies,

Today's workout will be LIC and some kettlebell work. We went to my in-laws last night, it was my SIL birthday. I think she had a pretty good birthday, my husband brought her back some souveneirs from Africa, we got her a cake, and her parents gave her money. We didn't get home until 9 which I wasn't too happy about because I had an assignment to work on. The babymaking is on hold until I have my doctors appt and get the go ahead from her.

Belinda - Good job on your workout. You do your weight lifting at the gym, correct?

Amelia - GS legs is killer, good luck. I'm sorry to hear your husband is sick, that is just never fun. My DH's niece was at my MIL's last night and she was sick. I tried to stay as far away from her as I could politely. I just do not want to get sick again this year.

Lori - Sorry you are having to work this weekend. Like you said maybe it won't be too busy and then the cookies won't be there to tempt. Even if they are there I'm sure you will be able to resist, you are really good at keeping you diet in control. Have fun today spending time with your DS.

Carrie - I'm sorry your tummy has been feeling yucky. Maybe you should go get it checked out by your doctor if it gets to feeling too bad.

Lainie - I LOVE ASC2, it is so much fun. The third segment is tough tough tough, I am breathing pretty hard by the end of that one.

Hello to Stacey, Cheryl, and anyone else I missed.

:) :)

Hey Kristine!

You know, Ryan is also on one nap a day, which I think is really the pattern at this age. Some babies will still take two naps, but then they may stay up much later at night.

Ryan is also up for quite a long stretch and hits a fussy phase in the late afternoon. What I do is have some "quiet" time with him. We sit and read books together and are pretty mellow. Seems to give him a little rest. I actually put him down for the night around 7pm, and he sleeps until 5:30-6:30. His daytime nap is generally about 1 1/2-2 hours in length, occasionally longer.

Sounds like you really are on the right track with Heidi, it's just adjusting to that loooong stretch. It does get easier I promise;)

Stacey

Hi Girls!

I just came back to report my workout. I don't have time for personnals right now b/c its supper time and then I am off to work. When I get to work I will read and write:)

This is what my workout looked like:

Mile #1
.25@ 5.8 (incline 1%)
.25@ 5.9
.25@ 6.0
.25@ 6.1
Drill max #1 (weights only)

Mile #2
.25@ 5.9 (incline 2%)
.25@ 6.0
.25@ 6.1
.25@ 6.2
DM #2

Mile #3
.25@ 6.0 (incline 3%)
.25@ 6.1
.25@ 6.2
.25@ 6.3
DM #3

Mile #4
.25@ 6.1 (incline 4%)
.25@ 6.2
.25@ 6.3
.25@ 6.4
DM #4

Mile #5
.25@ 6.1 (incline 4%)
.25@ 6.1 (incline 5%)
.25@ 6.5 (incline 5%)
.25@ 7.0 (incline 8%)
DM #5

Mile #6
.25@ 6.0 (incline 4%)
.25@ 6.1 (incline 5%)
.25@ 6.5 (incline 7%)
.25@ 7.0 (incline 7%)
DM #6
Then I did ME UB premix, my UB was already tired from DM but I did it anyway:) My run also felt like I worked alot harder then I did yesterday during my 11 miles.

O.k..I have to eat and then get ready to go!

Hello Chickes

I just inhaled my forth meal for the day,i was shaking before eating it-hate when that happens..

I Finally got my workout in...a friend called right before and we chatted for a while and boy its hard to get off the phone with her,LOL..anyhoot,great workout,gs legs-i didn't do the deadlifts or the slow lunges in there but I still got a good burn! I just hope the DOms aren't as bad this time!

Carrie-Your doing awesome with p90, Good going girl! Enjoy your upcoming recovery week!

lainie-your gonna love BFL...and just like belinda said about the eating-its easy once you get use to it(im sure you already new that though;-))

Kristine-Yay on the wart gone...so,I wonder why your doctor wouldn't cut it out? I hope your DH's gall bladder removel goes well,i had that done about 8yrs ago-that darn thing was killing me!

Stacey-Yay on the workout today! Good going! I wish my ds still took naps,he quite around 18mths or so.I use to love those quiet moments!Now i just wake up to get them.

Shannon-lol,i did the same thing the other day while standing inline to get a prescription...there was two or three people in line coughing and I was doing my best to stay FAR AWAY from them...and try to be polite about it...which is kinda hard,LOL!

hey to the rest of the gang

O.k..I am back:) Supper as been ate and now I am at work! 3 night shifts to go...ah...Ill survive but I sure will be happy when Mon rolls around and everyone is back to work and I am off}(

Ameila** I have friends that I avoid, I guess that doesn't make me a very good friend! LOL There are some people that just yack and yack and I can only talk to them certain times of the day. How come you were shaking when eating your meal? Were you that hungry?:eek:

Shannon** Id say start making a baby now! hehe Does DH go back to Africa when he leaves or does he head else where? You must be so lonely when he leaves!;(

Stacy** I love going to bed early and getting a good nights sleep but DH wanted to hangout last night and he kept me up later then I wanted to be. Although, I was still the first one up today! hehe Good job on the workout!Rylan also only takes one nap and its a long one, I think I will have a break down when it only turns into 1 hour!

Kristine** Glad to hear you had that wart cut off even though its hurting now! To bad it wasn't in another place and you could still workout!

Carrie** There is no way I could stick to something for 12 weeks...not on your life! Especially no Cathe workouts! Im not excited about the Oscars, I don't usually watch that kind of stuff, but I am working so I may watch it.

Laine** I think you will figure something out with the BFL workouts!

Belinda** I didn't do BM2 as you can see. Maybe tomorrow.
Is that it? Did I miss anyone?
Have a good night everyone!

Hi, everyone! Work's been busy, but great. Good things happening. So glad it's the weekend! DH and I have no kids this weekend. Just us. This is good. :) :)

Weight and workouts going well too. Felt full of energy this morning. 1 hour TM workout flew by. Weight at 133.0. 13 more to go.

Lori, glad you got that eBay complaint filed. I know they'll get your money back. I've never had it fail.

Amelia, did you say GS legs again??? You're an animal!!! I'm bowing down in respect.

Belinda, nice UB workout.

Lainie, I'm cracking up about your dream. Hilarious!

Kristine, yucky news on that wart! Sorry to hear it.

Carrie, I can't wait for STS. Here I come! 16 weeks is okay for me.

Shannon, I forgot what you said your workout was, but it sounded good when I read it, heh, heh

Have a great night, everyone! TGIF!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.