Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 2, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I have a busy day ahaid, between doc/PT appointments, I will try to get a workout in today.

Great job with your workouts, ladies!

Good Morning!:)

Now....its only early but I am up alone and there is no one sleeping anywhere they shouldn't be!:D Lets see if this day is any better then yesterday! Ugh! It did get better after but I forgot to mention that I was pmsing and very annoyed with everyone in general. When i went to work i just wanted to do my own thing but my boss kept scotting around with his hand in his pockets, then he had some greasey looking guy show up for something. Then the two of them were in MY work area! And then my running partner called me at work to have a chat. Who does that? I was annoyed by that as well. And she isn't the kind of person who just called to ask me something, if she is calling, its for an hour long conversation. She asked if my boss was around and i told her yes, which is was, but when I hung up I thought 'what is she thinking, i would never call her at work"

Yesterday evening DH was so attentive it was not fit. I think he thought I was pissed about something else. I got a few digs in at dinner time, regarding getting up in the morning. He told me that just b/c I was up to workout doesn't mean he has to get up. So I told him my thoughts on that. Far from the blow up I expected. Which means now it will just come later!:rolleyes::eek:

I have a flight @ 9 so I had to get up a bit earlier. I don't normally leave here until after 9 so now I need to leave around 8:15 or so. I set the alarm for 5:45 and suprisingly it wasn't that hard to get up! I will be tired later though.

Belinda** Enjoy your workout if you decide to do one! Im sure you will squeeze something in somewhere. Everytime I read about people doing yoga I remember that I need to go buy a dvd! LOL

Ameila** We have often made the mistake of going to the gorcery store hungry. DH more so then myself and when he gets hungry, look out. His eyes are way bigger then his belly. I did my grocery shopping on Sunday while our friend was here. He is a single guy who makes good money and he is also a little stingy with it. He almost died when I said I spent $260. I CANNOT wait for him to get married, have kids and have to buy groceries for a house full. Whenever he is around I feel like i wasted money or something! LOL He is in for a rude awakening. He is only 24 and says he is never getting married but we all know the difference of that.

Iris** I think we all know why you are looking forward to work. So does he work with you? or is he just a regular? Either way I think you have your mind made up about him and no doubt you have good judgement. I think its hard not to when we are our age. We aren't blinded and can't be fooled very easily. The way you are with him...I am with some of my friends! There is so much fakeness in this town, its nuts!

Deb** Thinking about you today! Hope everything works out. I don't know if I would buy a car for the 2nd time. Im guessing it won't cost you that much. Oh and I didn't care about waking everyone up when I was on the TM, it was time to get up by then!

Cookie** So did you do your paper work or read? I have often told DS that I am going to sleep on the other side of the bed so DS will let me sleep in but that never happens and Im pretty sure that he will just go around the bed and pull me out. Oh well, soon enough he will be like DD and I won't be able to get him out of bed.

Last week potty training didn't go over very well. Just when I thought he had the hang of it, he went backwards! Im hoping its b/c he was sick. So yesterday the only accident he had was on the way to the sitters. The sitter said he was perfect all day and came to get her when he needed to pee! There is hope after all!

BBL!
Lori:)

Morning

I forgot that I offered to watch my niece today, i was planning a kick butt workout today(because of yesterdays setback:() She takes pretty long naps so hopefully i can get in a workout then. Not sure what im doing yet...

I ordered another Rodney yee workout:eek: This one is called Power Yoga for Strength. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Belinda-I hope your appt go well..let us know if there is any change

Lori-I hope you have a better day today, days like you had yesterday shouldn't come but once a year:confused: I had a huge breakfast yesterday and didn't think i would be gone as long as i was,i got my hair trimmed too,before we knew it we were starving:confused: Yeah,your single guy friend will definitely get a wake up call with grocery shopping when he has a family to buy for. We spend at least 120$ a week on grocery's....and that's with a strict list to stick too(no junk)

Hello to everyone that follows...bbl,hopefully:confused:

Good Morning Ladies...

Earlier morning than usual,,but that's because it's Tuesday and my mother has her treatment at 9:30. If I dont' get a workout in now, I wont' for the rest of the day. And I got out of work late, because I could not get this one table who'd been there all night to PAY. :mad:....I was pissed because Monday's are so damn slow, I gotta be up so damn early, and I got these three fools...:rolleyes: And OF COURSE, you know who showed up.....:mad: He was there when I got to work, came downstairs to say hello to someone at the bar, and I just went to the other end. He came back later....like I knew he would. So it was just him, another guy, and me at the bar, and the three fools at the table...it was so much fun, I can't even tell you. And then he tells me he's going to Florida again in a couple of weeks, possibly this time to stay. I said I wanted to plan his going away party, rent a hall, guest list, party favors, pinata's, live band, fireworks....:eek: He said there would be a lot of tears...I said "yeah....of Joy!" :p

Belinda- Hope you your hectic day goes smoothly!

Amelia- Yeah I was reading about what you said to Lori about grocery bills! It's no joke! I spend almost $100 a week on myself! It is so freaking expensive to follow recipes and get everything you need! I cant' imagine having a family....kudo's to all you that do it! I hope you can still get a kick butt workout in. So what's so bad about Chinese food?? ;)

Lori- Did your DH know you were pmsing? Or do you think he just knew you were close to explosion? Sounds like your DS is getting back on track with potty training! I bet it was because he was sick...it's a lot to concentrate on when your head is in a fog from not feeling well! So DG is a just a regular.....a regular pain in my a$$.

Cookie- Nice workout yesterday! Not MIC, but I think 30/30 rates. lol. Are there really yoga workouts named that (referring to your post to Belinda). That's funny about the guy at the grocery store! (Which one?? lol) I only run into people from work there.... :rolleyes:and HAHA @ putting the grapefruit in the oven. I've considered taking a cooking class, but afraid I'll somehow get banned or fail miserably! lol When is your winter break this year? The three of us are getting together soon. I need a girls night....lol

So we are hoping that next week will be my mother's last treatment for awhile. This is the best I've seen her in a year, minus the various side effects of the type of chemo she's on now, which are not as bad as the previous type she was getting. I am keeping my fingers crossed!! BBL!

Morning,

I haven't read all the old posts so I'm still catching up :eek:

Belinda: Oh no! I can't believe you had to go to the Hospital again! I hope it is just the vertigo. That is just unbelievable. And you are still getting STS workouts in! way to go!

Amelia: LOL at your DH and the chinese food. My DH would have said the same, except I would have probably gotten mad at him for it LOL. I had pasta last night. It's the monday night out with the kids for me.

Deb: I hope all goes well with DS and the court. I can't belive you would have to buy your car back. I hope DS appreciates what he has put you and your DH through and yet what you have done for him. Atlantis was great! I would have stayed another week if I could.

Iris: Great to read that your mom is doing the best you have seen in a year. I hope this last round of Chemo will give her a nice break when it's done. What is it I was not supposed to read back for, so it was the stove huh? I haven't read back all the way, but it seems that was the excitement I missed? Well done on keeping up with the STS rotation. Are you still following it exactly? Well, I do hope "he" goes to Florida. He really does sound like a royal pain that's for sure. MMA should be good this morning ;).

Lori: I hope today is better. I hate these day. My DH gets up late too. I usually let him sleep in, but when I get agravated it's a royal pain. Your guests aren't helping.

Cookie: Reentry is painful. I would have gladly stayed longer..... Gotta go :eek: I'll come back to post later. It's going to be an aggravating week. Don't know how I'll fit in the workouts and it's that time when I get aggravated..... Ah to be a man sometime....

Well workout yesterday consisted of running around trying to get stuff done. I can already tell this week is going to be hard. I don't feel like too much of a slacker yet because I did all these CCs last week. But now it's work and then grocery shopping this evening. I think my best bet will be to get a Hiit in if I can.

Hi girls,

I'm back from court, getting ready to go to work. I'm still thinking of doing MMA boxing tonight:) So court was good and bad, we go back next week. Basically we're trading the car for my son to not have to go to jail. He will have to do a 90 day community service program but will be able to sleep home. Another good thing is originally we had the worst judge and for some reason we were given a new judge who actually has a sense of humor and heart. I just hope he gets it and will be forced to grow up. For now I will look at all the positives and consider us lucky.

Thank you for all your thoughts and well wishes:)

Belinda - So how did it go at the Dr's & PT?

Lori - Happy you made it through yesterday:). In our town the children can't go to pre-school until they are potty trained but that's 4yrs old. I bet most of them are by then> Even though I rememeber a few Mom's that were worried.

Amelia - I'm thinking as long as you stay away from the scale after eating chinese you'll be fine. They put so much salt in it even if they don't add MSG.

Iris - I bet DG is testing you about moving to Florida, expecting you to break down but he doesn't know you to well:D So happy to hear about your Mom.

Helene - It's so hard to get in the swing of things after vacation but I'm sure by the weekend it will get better. Unless we get a snow day:)

Cookie - Maybe you could set grocery guy up with Iris LOL. It's always good to keep our DH's on there toes:)

Trish - What do you have planned for today?

Have a great day everyone:)

Afternoon ladies,

Had a great wo this AM - iTrain25 (40 min, 414 cals, 5.77 mi). I'm going to sneak off to the gym before heading back to the conference this afternoon. Still deciding between doing a class or LB. I'm thinking about increasing my leg workouts to 2 x week. My derriere is in need of a lift!

Belinda - Hope all goes well with your doc/pt appts! Were you able to get a little rest yesterday?

Lori - I hate those setbacks with potty training! My bff is potty training her twins (boy & girl) and it is no picnic. So glad to have that behind me! My DH also sleeps in ALL the time and, I swear, he doesn't think that he does! He's loco! Hoping your day is less stressful today.

Amelia - So, I checked and there are a ton of Rodney Yee dvds on Netflix. Let me know which one you think might be a good starter. It's been a few months since I've done any yoga or pilates wos. Too funny about DH's pouting comment yesterday!! Mine says the same thing, except he says I complain for days when I eat something bad! We also stick to a strict grocery list and I usually base my meals on what is on sale (i.e. tilapia one week or salmon because it is half price). Even with that, I think we are close to $200/week between whole foods, trader joe's, a&p and bjs. I'm not kidding...4 stores!!! HOW ABSURD!

Iris - Thanks sooo much for posting the porridge recipe. I'm hoping to give it a try this weekend. My chili turned out fantastic;) although I only made about 3 qts. I realized my issue with making 7 qts is that I don't have a pan big enough to brown 4 lbs of ground turkey and who wants to do it in batches:confused: Glad the dude is off to FL, hopefully, never to return:) Fingers and toes crossed for mom:)

Helene - Welcome back! Wow, you got in a lot of wos during your vacay!! You are definitely my inspiration for my next vacay. I had pasta last night, too. Tried a shrimp, lemon & linguini recipe....didn't care for it too much. Hate that I wasted my cals on it actually.

Deb - So glad things went well for DS. My stepdaughter has a court date for parking in a handicapped space....in my car, so they didn't really know who was driving. I hope they throw the book at her!! LOL!! She shouldn't have done it! I'm an evil stepmom, huh?

Cookie - Yeah, I think DH was definitely trying to get in a few extra points! But he is such a sweetie! How's your mom and sister doing?

Gotta run back to my conf. Chat later.

Hey Girls~

Suprisingly I wasn't tired today. I thought for sure I would hit a wall b/c i was up so early but everything was good. I am getting lazy now that I am home and waiting for dinner. I had a chicken taken out but I don't have time for that so I took a frozen pizza out of the freezer.

My workout this a.m was good even though I was late starting. I don't think i got on the TM until 6:48. I still managed to run for 51 mins and 6 miles i also did PH abs. BUT I feel like I haven't stopped eating ALLLLL day! I guess b/c I was up so early I was very hungrier. Im not hungry right now so I am kinda debating skipping dinner and maybe having a drink tonight instead. I have to see when TTOM was....I feel very bloated. Usually a sign that it will be here in the next week.

Ameila** Did you have fun with your neice today? did you get a workout in? Ahhhh....I remember the good 'ole days when I worked out during nap time and had a peaceful workout! The only times my workouts are peaceful now is when DH takes him on the weekends.

Iris** Ugh...yes, he is a pain! Thats the kind of man you don't marry.....its also very likely that he sleeps in! LOL I just don't like men these days...thats all! haha! I hope he got the hint that you don't care where he goes or what he does. He obviously tells you this stuff just to see if he will get a reaction.

Deb** Glad to hear everything went pretty good! Is DS showing any remorse for what happened? DD is in her room sulking about something now. She says there is nothing wrong but Im no dumbie. I know she wanted to take the snowmobile out and DH said no. She doesn't even know how to drive it and there was a 14 yr old girl killed last weekend in a accident so DD won't be taking that thing out anytime soon. I swear she thinks she is 30 or something. Im willing to bed she told all of her friends that she could go.

Helene** I wouldn't worry to much about catching up...you didn't really miss anything. How is going back to work after a nice vaca?

Trish** I got some great results when i started doing GS legs once a week a couple of years ago. I use to hate my legs but I have to say, they are probably one of my favorite body parts now. I just needed to realize that they weren't going to be skinny legs and I had to work with what I had.

I think thats it....

I may bbl tonight. If not I will be here in the a.m!

Lori:)

Good Evening Ladies....

Sitting here eating a salad, just got home from the market, gonna do some studying...and eagerly awaiting the Biggest Loser and Lost tonight, unfortunately they overlap!...

Lori- Yeah I hear ya about being sick of men these days! Deb said the same thing, he's just trying to get a reaction...which he ended up not being amused by! lol :eek: Nice run this morning! You know I meant to say...I just got ttom the other night...and I'm not having such a bad time (pms was almost non-existant as well)...and the only drastic thing that changed this month is that I've been drinking a ton of tea! Coincidence?

Trish- Nice workout this morning! I hear ya on the derriere...I'm wondering if just doing STS legs is enough.....I haven't noticed much change their, not like the arms. And you are welcome on the recipe!! Let me know after you make it!

Amelia- Dangit I was just at Walmart and forgot about the yoga dvd. :mad:

Deb- I hope you can get MMA boxing in! Glad it wasn't too too bad at court today...keeping my fingers crossed for you and your son.

Helene- Hope you can squeeze a workout in tonight! I also went grocery shopping today.... And yeah, also disregard Cookie's comments containing "stove" and "fire" ok? LOL I am still following the rotation pretty much exactly...slightly changing cardio's here and there....

Have a great night!

Finally made it back! I visit my mom on Tuesdays and it makes for such a long, but pleasant, day.
Belinda, hope you're not tiring yourself out. What did the drs say?
Lori, I, repeat, do not miss those days! Sorry, it is very trying. I'm rather lazy, sad to say, and just sort of waited until they were real interested and then it wasn't bad except for the occasional mishap, I think it was only about two days each. Not at night tho! That took longer. Men just do not have the same level of responsibility we do. Not fair at all.
Amelia, I have that dvd and enjoy it. Let me know what you think. Now you're making me think of doing that tomorrow instead of cardio. Decisions, decision. Did you get a different style? How old is your niece now?
Deb, good news! I was thinking of you and your ds today and wondering how things were going. Did you know research is showing that the male brain doesn't fully develop thinking skills until mid to late twenties! That does explain a lot in the world. Did you do kb?
Iris, oh he loves to provoke a response from you. It was the Hannaford in Latham, but I don't usually go there - just was doing lots of errands. Hate to confess to you all but I am definitely doing something wrong. Three of us home all the time, with a few visitors a week, costs me $200 and that's all at one store! I'm gonna have to figure out where I'm overspending.
Trish, you sound like me - hoping the darlings learn from their mistakes, but if she's like my sons it will take a lot more time. Of course, it is 'cause their brains haven't fully developed or something else. 2 workouts in one day - you'll sleep well. In a fair world that means your dh would get up, make lunches, and get your dds ready, while you sleep to the minute you absolutely need to get up, eat your breakfast (prepared by spouse) and ready yourself.
Helene, have you been to Atlantis before this trip? Why did you decide to go there? We're coming up on our 30th anniv (yeah, I'm old!), and have started thinking of a vacation to celebrate.
One more disc and I'm halfway thru sts again. Does anyone else seem to be more tired when doing heavy wts? Or is it just me?
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.