Commit to get Fit & Lean for August 6, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I just came back from the ENT doc:( I have another ear/sinus infection. He gave me antibotics and more Nasonex! He also took a culture from my sinus, the last time he forgot to take one. He wanted to do it right away, before I start the antibotics. I will get the results Monday. It also will tell me what infection/virus is attacking me.

I will do cardio today, I have to wait until the meds work for my headach!

I will be back later!

Just missed the boat....here is my post!

Good Morning!:)

I think its been a while since I started the thread!! Where is Belinda??:eek:

Up to get my workout done. I was thinking a small run and the disc 20 but now Im thinking a TM run mixed in with disc 20. I also should have went to bed earlier. Every time I get up to workout before work, my dad always ask what I am doing and why I am up so early and he isn't quiet about it:confused: Drives me nuts! One of these days he is gonna wake DS up.

Im going to read yesterday thread...then I shall return!

Lori:)

Lots of post to catch up on these days:eek:

So I have a problem...and I am sure everyone goes through this but you know me....motivation is never my problem. Im not enjoying running anymore. It use to be something I did for fun and I was good at it. Now it takes every ounce of energy I have to tie up my sneaks and hit the road. Am I burnt out? Is it mind games b/c I am training for another marathon? Or do I need a break? Am I not getting enough rest? Is something missing from my diet? Should I take a multi? I don't mind running this morning but I went yesterday and I had to PUSH myself just to do 10k! 10K!? I feel lazy, even though we know I'm not. Just going through this slump and going through the motions at the same time and just crossing my fingers that it soon passes.

There! Got that off of my chest! So yesterdays workout was PH UB and abs, and then 10k outside.

Belinda** I think you need a new set of sinuses cause you have been having alot of trouble with the ones you have!:confused: Geez! Hope those meds kick in soon!

Ameila** I still haven't had time to look at the new dvds! I should this weekend at work. They sound good.

Deb** Glad to hear you are slowly getting better! Did it take alot of convincing to get to the grocery store?? LOL

Trish** Tonight I am going to bed no later then 11! LOL Im willing to bet that DH will try to plan something with friends!

Helene** Did you guest clean up after themselves yesterday???

Melissa** I wonder sometimes if my manager even asked for a raise for me. My manager use to be my boss but the company was sold and they kept him to run the place. My coworker use to have different duties when she worked for him...kind of like accounting...but she doesn't do that anymore. I don't really have many qualifications for this job Im going to apply on but who cares! LOL

Kristin** I love the GS series...its my fav...and I loaned it to my running partner. I have yet to figure out why when someone likes something they just don't give it back and buy it themselves? Whats up with that? She can certainly afford it. She has probably had it since Feb!

Beskinny** Welcome to our group! How long have you been working out with Cathe?? Im sure you will lose those lbs before to long!

DH and I went out for dinner last night, it was nice....but I should probably go and work some of that food off now:eek::D I will check in later!

Good moring Lori,

You and I posted at the same time:D Sorry, about that and posting so late:( Have fun with your workout today.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies

Long time no talk. You know, sometimes time just gets away from you! I'm going to take a little time here and read back through the past week.... I'm hoping to catch up on personals this afternoon between jobs or tomorrow morning.

Belinda- Dang so sorry to hear you're still having trouble with those infections! Take care with your headache, meds, and cardio.....

Lori- Happy Belated Birthday....I'm sure it was a great one. ;)

Today I will do MM Upper Body Premix and Abs. BBL

Morning!
Belinda, another one! Hope it passes quick and they can quickly determine the root of your problems. Don't know how you manage cardio with a sinus infection. My head always feels like it is going to explode when I have one. Take care.
Deb, bet you are going stir crazy, but take it easy. I'm amazed that you are up and walking around so readily. Was grocery shopping fun? Hope you weren't bending over and stretching too much.
Trish, pm your address and I'll drop LowMax in the mail today. It will be there for your return. I'm off to the Outer Banks of NC tomorrow morning, and in case I haven't said it over 1,000 times can't wait to get there. All I do is walk the beach and read a lot. May not even answer any work calls or emails this year. Think I've mentioned my dad and three siblings live in the Houston area. Dad also has a place on Canyon Lake. Are you going anywhere near those placess.
Helene, I hate a dirty kitchen. It's one thing if it is a work in progress but as the end result, someone had better watch out. My boys have the nasty habit of doing that and oooooh. Hope you made your feelings known. Was yoga good?
Melissa, my hair enters a room before me when it is humid. Yesterday I left for work with it wet from a shower and it's still a little damp at my neck. Thinking of it as my own cooling system.
Amelia, your dh is awesome. So glad he understands. Bet that helps a lot with your health commitments. My dd is 16.5, can't forget the .5. She usually looks like a tomboy but with great shoes and bags. She's had me think much about the importance of clothing as an idea of image promotion. She might not be able to describe someone by facial features but she sure can nail down a description of the shoes they were wearing.
Lori, wondering if you need a true rest week. I often have wondered how you weren't getting tired. At least for me, I need a break from different exercises from time to time. My dad would be loud about getting up too.
Kristin, I know you like almond butter but I don't digest nuts and legumes well. Any alternatives you might suggest?
Beskinny, welcome. I love our group. It is so fabulous to have friends who understand my interests in health and fitness and encourage me. Plus boy can they help keep me in line. JK.
AS this morning.
Cookie

Morning all,

TGIF!

Belinda: So sorry your sinuses are acting up again. I remember how bad they were last fall too. You must be good friends with your ENT by now. Yuck on getting infections again. Healing vibes shooting your way over the Atlantic! :)

Beskinny: Nice to see you on the thread. I used to have a good schedule with my workouts and all and my work on changed and now I am completely thrown for a loop. So here's to hopping we can all fit it in! What is a sprint triathlon? Awesome that you have the 1/2 coming up! I hope it's not too warm in Iowa right now. We've been roasting here in NY.

Trish: A few dishes last night, not too bad, but more this morning (I didn't eat with them) and the dishwasher from me doing the dishes the day before has still not been unloaded. You guys are going to be my relief valve. I hope you don't mind. It helps me stay polite with the company. But seriously, if my kids did that at someone's house I'd kick 'em in the bum to get them moving (figuratively of course). I want to start STS again, but I know I'll want to do the new wo. I'll have to think about it. Maybe it would be fun to start with you. I am so excited about the workout blender. :eek:

Deb: ouch at the description of your belly. :( LOL at her taking you out to the grocery store as your treat. How did it go? Is the rest of the household taking care of you? ;) 6 weeks is going to be such a long time. We'll be there with you!!!!

Kristen: Thanks for the details. It helps a lot. Congratulations on your success, it's really awesome. Reading your eats made me realize I need to add in a few clean deserts here and there.

Cookie: One more day and off you go :D I am sure you don't need any reminding!

Melissa: So what 4DS workout are you doing today. Have you looked at all the premixes on there too? There are some great ones! The countdown calendar is just a modification of one I did for a challenge. I modified it a tiny bit. The point is to put a check mark every day as you accomplish and to keep a streak going. It seems to help. I can't post it on the forum, if you are interested, PM me your email and I'll send it to you. It seems to have helped Cookie stay away from Cookies. :)

Lori: Love how you put it "I'd be so rotted" the image is great. :p I just tol DH I was going to workout in the evenings. Maybe it will help me not eating with them. I guess there is no TGIF for you since you have to work on weekends too sometimes..... You might need a break. I was somewhere similar a month ago. Now I'm better but am having a hard time getting back on a tight schedule. Do you think it also has to do with you being disappointed with work? It could you know. Sometimes these things feed of each other. I don't know how to help though...... How long is the run you have planned this weekend? Any chance you can make your runs pretty ones so that it's like a treat to yourself, like by the sea, in a park or something like that instead of just by home?

Amelia: Size 10 foot ready for kicking. ROFLMAO You guys are the best. Too bad you are all far away. I'd be going out and not be home when certain visitors are around ;) So the car is still good. That really was it?! That would be awesome if it was just the wiring.

Iris: Welcome back :cool:

OK, so I am switching my workouts to the evening. I have enough people helping with the kids. It will blunt my appetite in the evening and since I can't get up in the morning lately it should take care of that. I'm going to print myself out some new calendars and try to get some streaks going.

In the meantime, off to work.

Morning

My baby boy just got on the bus:( i couldn't hardly sleep last night, he on the other hand feel asleep on the couch about 8:30. He was fine this morning and ready for school. I took about a gazillion pictures. I just wish i could get on the bus with him and ride with him to school...my baby:(

ok,i will be ok:confused:

Lately I have been so tired. Just no energy? I took a rest day Monday and im seriously thinking about just doing yoga today but i know the cardio will help with my weight loss. The rotation calls for a full body weight work..yeah right, that ain't happening:confused: I got a yoga workout in the mail yesterday from netflix, thinking about doing it this morning.

Lori-Sorry to hear about the loss of motivation to run. Maybe a break from running would help? Do you take rest weeks? Sometimes those help me.

Belinda-Sorry to hear about your sinuses acting up again. Do you think its the change of weather? Hope you feel better soon.

Cookie-Enjoy your workout today, whats on tabs?

Iris-Glad to see you this morning:)

Helene-DH drove the car to work yesterday, i drove it to town too with no probs...im just so relieved to have it working again...it has AC:D our "old reliable" '98 car doesn't but she will always crank if you need her.

Hello to EVERYONE i missed!

Welcome beskinny

I will BBL:)

Hey Girls!

Quick checkin while I am eating my cereal. My workout wasn't as long as I had intended and if I knew that I could have easily gotten another hour of sleep:confused: I felt bad for the dog so I decided to run outside. It was almost 40mins long. Then when I got home DS was awake...by the time I finished fooling around with getting things done, there wasn't enough time to do disc 20....maybe tonight;)

Belinda** I guess you are allowed to go to the dr before starting the thread!:) LOL

Cookie** I took a rest week after the marathon...I think it could be work related like Helene suggested. Something isn't right somwhere along the way.

Iris** SOOOOOOOO glad your still alive!:) Thanks for the b-day wishes!

Helene** I think it maybe related to something as well. Actually at the end of my run ( on my way home cooling down) I was thinking..."what is wrong" I started elimanating the things that made me happy and the only thing I am left with is work related...so it as to be it. I use to love working out in the evenings. I had more time and it would help me cut back on big portions at dinner. Now evenings aren't the best time for me.

I will bbl!

Happy Friday!

Good morning all! So yesterday I did GS Back, shoulders and Biceps. I am loving the Gym Styles, by the way. Feeling the DOMs. I also got a fabulous dress from the wedding and it was under $100, the best part in my opinion. Today I am running around getting ready for this weekend. It is my son’s 5th birthday and my husband’s 36th birthday on Monday (yep, born on the same day) and so we are having a party and BBQ this weekend. I am going to get my husband’s birthday present, food shopping (after I do the bills, which I am dreading), and I will be doing Butts and Guts and some point. I definitely will be cheating on the clean eating on Sunday. Normally I have pizza on Friday night, but I am going to stick to grilled chicken, green beans and either corn on the cob or mashed potatoes. This will just take away any guilt when I eat whatever I want on Sunday ;).

Belinda- I hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections are awful! I usually get them at the start of spring.

Lori- Do you listen to music when you run? When I am running (it has been a while), if I get in a slump, I download new music onto my iPod and it pumps me up. Could it be the hot weather too? I know I cannot run during the summer heat not sure where you are, but it has been so humid and gross here, I could not even imagine running in it. It is funny you mentioned loaning out a DVD. I am loaning out BS and BF on Sunday. Even though I haven’t used it in over 1 ½ years, I am anxious about giving it out. I just think about how I am sharing Cathe with someone who really wants to get in shape so. . . it’s all good, right? If I were you, I’d ask for it back though. GS are too awesome to go without. My chest still has DOMs, lol.

Cookie- I will have to check with my friend that gave me the eating plan. I am by no means an expert. I am seeing her on Sunday. I’m sure she’ll have a good suggestion. She is great with this stuff.

Helene- I always work out at night. I tried the morning thing and it just doesn’t work for me. I am too groggy and extremely cranky until I have my coffee. Seriously, even my 5 year old knows to ask if I have had my coffee before he starts asking me for something, lol. Working out in the evening I find I get out my stress, feel better and for the most part I actually sleep better.

Amelia- is your son going to kindergarten? My son starts in September. I have such mixed feelings about it (joy and sadness). He seems excited about it though.

Melissa- I am almost positive there is graduate housing at Stony Brook. Don’t quote me on that though. One of my favorite premixes that I have done on 4 DS is the double cardio with KB and BC, I sweat buckets with that one every time.

Okay, that’s it for now. Will bbl. Have a great Friday everyone!

Kristin

Good morning ladies!! Today is my early day at work; basically we get to come in an hour early and leave an hour early during the summer, so being that we have summer Fri's already and the office closes at 1, since it's my early day I'm outta here at noon. WOOHOO!! Just another reason to love Fridays :D

So far my favorite on 4DS is BC. I had such a blast jumping around last night! My bf was laughing at me and he's like "You look ridiculous." I told him why don't you come over here and join me and his response was "I didn't say I could do it, I just said you look funny." Dork lol. He stinks cuz he lost 50 pounds in a month just by working a more physical job instead of sitting behind a desk all day. I hate men lol. Tonight's workout is 4DS KB. I also found a 4DS rotation on the rotations forum that uses the premixes; it's 12 weeks long so that will keep me busy for awhile.

Thanks for the info on SUNY, Kristin! I actually figured it's probably premature to set up meetings for the med program now since I don't have a lot of my prereqs done, so I'm focusing on those 1st. SUNY Purchase has a post-bach premed program that sets you up with all the classes you need and the clinical hours you need to get into med school, so I'm meeting with an advisor there. This whole school thing is tough once you've been out for awhile...and I haven't even started!!

Kristin, if you can get a sample eating plan from your friend that would be great. I need a lot of help and I don't really know what to eat. Like, I know what you should be eating but I don't know how to combine things if that makes sense? All I know is I got on the scale this morning and it said I gained a pound!!!!!! I have been eating super clean since Monday and working out so I don't know what the problem is. It's so discouraging when you're doing everything right and the number isn't reflecting that. UGH!

Helene, I sent you a PM for that calendar. TIA!!

BeSkinny, welcome to the group!! I just joined too and it is great! Such a great support system and a wonderful group of women :)

Cookie, my dad was just talking about renting a house on the Outer Banks next summer. My parents want to take a family vaca down there for a week. I would love nothing more than to relax on a beach for 7 days. Have you been there before?

Belinda, I hope you feel better. Sinus infections are the worst. Mine usually come right before springtime and they knock me out of commission for a few days. No fun.

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday!! And thank you for the welcome! I am supposed to work a half day today but my to-do list keeps getting longer so we’ll see how that goes. Today I am planning on doing a 5 mile run followed by either PUB or Gym Styles BSB. I also need to get the tire fixed on my bike and have a ton of house and yard work to do. Busy day!!

Lori – I completely understand where you are coming from in regards to running. I sometimes get into my head which makes it miserable – especially when I’m training for something. What worked for me was getting back to why I started running. Hope it passes soon! Oh – and I have been working out with Cathe for about 3 years.

Helene – good luck with switching your workouts! I have been trying in vain for months to switch to mornings but I think I need to stick to nights. The sprint triathlon I did was a 500 meter swim followed by a 16 mile bike ride followed by a 5K run. The temps here are actually kind of nice right now. 

Amelia – I am a firm believer in listening to your body. If it is saying yoga today, then do yoga today.

Kristin – GS BSB is one of my all time favorite workouts. Actually, all of the gym styles are.

Melissa – isn’t getting off early on Friday’s the best? I just love it! I love the 4DS series. It is great when you don’t have a ton of time. And I did lose a bit of weight one month when I stuck to a rotation. Maybe it’s time to get it back out…

Have a great day everyone!!

Kelly

Workout done. I decided to do a cardio + yoga today. 4ds LIS + Some Rodney Yee yoga...

Hello to everyone:)

Afternoon girls,

Well, I feel more rested today although I didn't get to bed until 11:00. Not sure what's up with that. Anyway I did PS Back (3 times through) & Biceps (2 times through). I woke up to some nice DOMs in my triceps so that's great;). My chest, not so much though:confused:

Belinda - that bites!! Another infection?? How do you d in the fall and winter? ^5 on getting in your wo;)

Lori - Here's an idea for dear old dad...tell him before heading to bed at night:p. That way he'll know what you're doing up so early;) Why not take a break from running and mix it up for a couple of weeks with kickboxing, step or something else? Do you have time before the race? Oh man, your friend has had your GS series since Feb?? I don't think I would have loaned them for more than 2 weeks!! Time to ask for them back;)

Iris - YAY!! You've resurfaced. It was so strange not having you online:( How are things?

Cookie - That's right! I remember OBX! Btw, when I'm driving and I see an OBX sticker on the back of someone's car, I feel so much smarter now that you told us:) Any ideas what HHC is? Couldn't figure that one out. I hope you do ignore the work stuff and have great lazy days walking the beach:) Meanwhile, I'll be roasting in the TX heat. My dad is in East Texas..about 4 hrs from Houston. My mom's house is in Houston but she's currently in GA so we'll miss her this trip.

Helene - Can I repeat that?? TGIF!!! I'm so looking forward to the weekend, although I know it will be busy with packing and other errands. Feel free to vent, every time you mention it my blood pressure goes up a little bit. I was having the same thought...If I start STS in September, what will I do when the new DVDs arrive in Oct/Nov:confused: I wonder if the rotation that Cathe will do for it will include STS. Decisions, decisions...;) What are you and the kids up to this weekend?

Amelia - I hope you have kleenex on hand:( That first day is so hard. Seems like DS handled it well, though. Is it full day or half day? I'm loving using netflix for workout material:) Nice job getting your wo in today.

Kristin - ^5 on scoring a great dress for under $100!! I agree, that is the best part:) Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Enjoy B&G (my all time fav LB wo:D)

Melissa - Wow, 4DS for 12 weeks is long! For whatever reason, I'm not a huge fan of 4DS. After doing KPC, none of the other kickbox routines have hit the right spot for me. Also, I'm not a huge fan of short weight wos. It's been a few months since I've pulled them out. I should really pull them out again and give it a go. Enjoy your early friday escape;)

Kelly - I also was planning to leave early, but my director and co-managers have an offsite meeting and the another manager is out for a funeral. So guess who gets stuck behind:rolleyes:.

Deb - Hope you're having a restful day.

Hello to anyone I missed.

Good Afternoon Ladies....

Had a great workout this morning (for some reason felt mentally and physically stronger today....hmmmmm). However, the one client I had on tap for today had to cancel.....babysitter issues. Says she can't wait until the kids go back to school, and with regards to business and scheduling, frankly neither can I! :eek:

So quick update... My mother is doing well off chemo (for the time being while having dental work done). The gym and pt are slowly but surely taking off. :) The Savage Diet takes time, because like BFFM, I record every stinkin' meal, and prep time seems to take so long, AND I'm wondering if 6 meals ACTUALLY works for ME. So that's life in the smallest of nutshells.

Trish- ((Hugs)) Missed you too. And to think, alllll the times I caught YOU lurking and called you out! Hahaha..... Nice workout! So more doms in your tri's than your chest eh?

Amelia- I've been missing Rodney, I don't see him as often as I'd like to these days.... so glad things are working out with your pool! But what a b**tch about the car! :( and Awwwww.....your baby's first day at Kindergarten??? Yes that must have been hard.......

Kelly- Welcome to the thread! I do remember seeing you around the forums, though. Hope you had a great workout! PUB is killer

Melissa- lol @ your bf lol'ing @ you...hehe. Men........can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

Kristin- Welcome to the thread, awesome workout (love GS), sweet about the dress (what color?), and cool beans that your son and DH have the same birthday!

Lori- You're not as happy as I am that I"m alive!! :eek::eek: Sorry to hear your DS has been so sick. :(

Helene- Thank you.;)...and thanks for the article!!!! Very cool. SO...what workout is it you're doing tonight??

Cookie- (((Hugs)))) Miss ya!! I'm guessing the RT was awesome!! I think the idea that was thrown out there for a "commit" RT is splendid........ :D So how is your family?? Still stressed at work I see????

Deb- Hey girl ;) How ya feelin?

Hope I didn't miss anyone!!! Shoot the thread got busy all of a sudden!

Hi girls,

I think I'm being forced to get better. My Mom helped out a lot so I told her to go home last night and I'll rest. For the last 2 days we have been having our heater/air in the attic replaced. 1st night they can't get the air to work, last night we have air but there is water leaking from the bathroom ceiling from the attic:mad:, wet towels, dripping & buckets. They came this morning and fixed it. DH is going to be mad that I cleaned up but I wasn't in pain and asked the guy to carry the wet towels to the washing machine. So, I go to rest on the couch and notice a bunch of big ants in the corner of the room so I get out the vacuum and wipe them out:eek: plug up where I think they were coming from and put out ant traps.

I'm getting ansty (LOL) to walk on the TM:) I decreased my pain meds and only look 2 mo. preggo today:eek: DH & younger DS are helping, older DS I swear is scared and running away:)

Belinda - Ugh, on the sinus infection but at least the Dr. is taking care of it right away.

Cookie - Have fun on the beach next week:) I saw you in the RT pics you look great!

Iris - So happy your back:)

Helene - This is the perfect place to vent:) My Mom was a big help but had a hard time resting because I felt like I had to stay up and keep her company. Plus we were laughing so much I thought my stiches would break:)

Lori - I was going to say maybe a rest or the thought of running the marathon but maybe Helene is right it's work related:( Do you have a time frame as to when you could start PTing?

Amelia - I remember how hard it is to put the youngest on the bus and thinking I should have another . . . but then when would it end:)

Kristin - That must have been wild having DS on DH's birthday, also makes it easier to remember;) Miss the gym styles, there is a rotation which uses STS & Gym styles that sounded really good.

Melissa - I think it's great when companies give you summer Friday's. I worked for a company that we worked 4 ten hour days and had Friday's off:)

Kelly - Welcome to our group:) Enjoy your run today.

Trish - Have fun packing too bad your visit wasn't in October when Cathe will be in Texas but then you would be too tired to visit your family:)

Have a great day:)

Hi all,
Well, not the productive day in my life but it's almost done.
Belinda, hope you're feeling better.
Lori, I think Helene hit the nail on the head - work. When I went back over my wo notes the other day there was a definitely lack of willingness when work was at it most stressful times. You would think I could plan and incorporate knowing that in. How many parties this weekend?
Amelia, I'll bet your son is so proud of himself climbing on that bus. I agree with Kristin, it's a bittersweet moment. How's Rodney these days?
Kelly, Helene's calendar and challenge commitment have been a great assistance to me. Made snickerdoodles for my son who is coming home in a few hrs and am not even interested in them. That's a miracle.
Helene, did you read that?!!! I'm going to have to get a new nickname if these keeps up - JK. Friends are venting to. However, I probably would have come home with a huge package of disposable dinnerware for them.
Trish, I was supposed to do athletic step today but instead did PP UB3X and omg talk about doms! Yowsa. I'll have to check out your idea another time. When are you and Helene thinking of doing sts. I was thinking of starting again the third/fourth week in August.
Deb, can you call your mom and ask her to come back? Talk about bad luck - that's terrible and bad timing too. Is the hub gonna help out this weekend? I'm surprised your dr says the treadmill is okay so soon. Never had a hernia but have had abdominal area surgeries and I was not even wanting to know what a treadmill looked like a few days later. You're tough.
Iris, glad to hear your mom is doing well and you are also. Any plans for the weekend?
Melissa, my dh used to have Fridays off from Memorial Day til Labor Day when in NYC. It was really great. Now his company has half-day Friday every other week. It is not the same, since there really isn't any half day especially with commuting. Or at least he finds enough to do that it never seems to benefit. We go to OBX every summer. Used to have a house there, but a hurricane took care of that. Now we rent the same place every year. Love the miles and miles of beach and there aren't those stinging green bugs like on the cape. It's not at all as commercial as Virginia Beach, but we love it. Just not the 13 hr drive. My kids and their friends try to schedule summer jobs and vacations around to come with us. It's like a family tradition for us.
Kristin, so any links to the dress? Have fun with the partying this weekend. But you should be the one getting the gifts and adoration - you did/do all the work. You really plan out your meals. I learn so much.
Kelly, Lori is quite the runner. Usually she does a halfmarathon as a regular workout and I get tired just reading her reports. Do you often do two workouts?
Cookie

Wow, this thread is on fire today.

Reporting in with PUB :eek: I had forgotten how much pain that one can bring, even after STS. :D I'll be good for some DOMS for sure!

BBL, gotta go eat something quick :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.