Commit to get fit & lean for Aug 30, 2010

Good Morning!

Quick check in. I decided I needed extra sleep so now I have a to rush a very small workout. I am thinking just a 20 min TM run to get my brain working, abs and some weights. Also back on the clean eating wagon and I can't start that without a workout;)

Yesterdays run was 28k...which is 17.5 miles. It was pretty good, not to torturous! :D We also had an awesome day at the beach, the kids had a blast but now its back to work.:confused:Thinking about going into the city on Wed and Thurs to get DD some school clothes...as if she needs more clothes!:rolleyes:

I will catch up on personals later!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

So, on to a new rotation, I think I'm going to do the same one Trish just finished up with....the June '06 Muscle Building and Cardio rotation....I need both...lol. So today will be a run and GS Pushups, PUB Chest, and CTX Chest.

Went to the track for few races yesterday, but didn't hit nothin'! :confused:

Belinda- Have a great workout!

Lori- Glad you had a good day yesterday and that you got some extra rest...sounded like you needed it!

Helene- LOL @ your comment to lori about the dog being annoying by not cleaning himself. Always putting things in perspective, you are !! I'm sorry your DH is sick during vacation!! :( I'm guessing the kiddo's are having a good time? :)

Melissa- Sorry for the frustrations with your BF :( I know I tend to be on the extreme how I handle things ...... so I'll just sympathize with your rant...lol I've never been married or had a boyfriend that long, should tell you something. :eek: So tell me how the vodka tasting went? And about the gym...I was telling DC about it *he's out of town and the one who turned the ac off in the first place*, and he's like "we suck"....whaddya mean "we?"...lol

Amelia- Nice workout!! Glad you felt good yesterday. ;) Omg I love peanut butter too.......wayyy too much.

Deb- That would break my heart too if a child said that to me. Awwww....must be so hard for the family. And you're right.....sweating off the pounds is good.

Kristin- Nice workout with PUB ;)

Ok ladies...have a wonderful day!!

Good morning Iris, Lori and all who follows,

Lori, impressive run this morning.

Iris, good choice! Have fun with your run today.

I just finished my workout. I will posted later. My chest is toast!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning

Not sure what workout im doing today? Its suppose to be a rest day but i don't feel tired...maybe i will walk the dog or do some yoga or both, then again, i could watch a lifetime movie(have several recorded) and do nothing;)

We did a little shopping for the kids yesterday and i tried on some things and wow! Although i only lost 4lbs so far(two months,ugh) i can definitely tell!!! And speaking of scale,I don't even know where mine is? DH took it from me last sunday...and you know what? I don't care;) Now... he tries to pull that crap with my measuring tape and Its ON !!! lol

Belinda-Nice job toasting your chest!

Iris-wow, thats a lot of chest work! sounds like you'll be serving your chest some toast too:eek: i need to go find a rotation (and maybe stick to it:eek:)

Lori-awesome run yesterday! Glad to hear you guys had fun @ the beach!

Hello to everyone:)

'Morning!
Hzve had a slew of visitors and found it hard to get time to check in - sorry.
Belinda, wow you're rocking the bells with the wt!
Iris, sounds like you're gonna have major doms with that wo.
Lori, your small wo doesn't sound that small. How far away is the city?
Melissa, sorry for your frustrations with your bf. They say money and kids are the major trigger points for arguments among couples.
Deb, no hangover?!! How are you feeling? When's the next dr appt?
Helene, hope you're enjoying Disney - you're right it is not walk in the park.
Amelia, yeah for your dh hiding the scale. You're doing good.
Kristin, I also love pub - gets the job well done. Are your kids excited about school starting soon?
Trish, doesn't it seem like the break from kids' activities was far too short?
Where are Kelly and Licia?
Home trying to figure out why the smoke and alarm system keeps going off. Was already to leave when it started. Stops, starts, stops, starts, and meanwhile the dogs are in major distress. Now gonna have to take the am off w/this, then a dentist appt, before work. Did 7-chest, shoulders, bi.
Cookie

Morning,

Belinda: Enjoy your workout. :)

Amelia: yeah on the trying on the clothes. Awesome. I think I might hide my scale when I go back for a month. See where that gets me. I need to think of a rotation too. I just don't know how busy I will be.

Trish: I hope you got your things done yesterday. Nap included. :)

Cookie: Always have your hands full don't you. Are you finding time to workout?

Kristin: When do you start teaching again?

Melissa: I'll just sympathize as well 'cause I don't know your BF. But he doesn't sound like the most helpful guy to have around for someone like you who is doing all this to better yourself. Owing you ans even worse your mother yet buying himself a PS3 is a huge NO NO in my book. And then not giving your brother money for groceries..... alright, I had better stop. But you get my drift....

Iris: He is right about "we" you are part owner :eek: Ha ha, you might have pipes that burst this winter. ;) If I were you, I would make a pact that he doesn't change the temp. If he wants it changed he asks you? Can you believe I have still never been to the tracks?

Lori: 28km and "not too tortuous" really made me laugh. Maybe I would survive Disney better if I did what you did. Can't believe your co-worker makes that much more. It is a lot. Is she a lot older maybe? LOL at more clothes for DD for school.

Deb: :( about the story with the little ones the other day. It would have broken my heart too. So, you must be in countdown mode already. How many more days until you can resume working out normally?

OK, my legs are tired from yesterday. Water park all day until 6PM. Magic Kingdom until 12:30 am :eek: 8 more days and I am going to fit into some really skinny pants. LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Hallo girls,

I am done with Meso 3, Week 2, Disc 28, Chest & Back. My chest is toast! I have to lower my weight for incline chest presses next week! That was heavy:rolleyes:By the 3rd set, I was like....I don't want to lift that BB up anymore:confused:

Warmup: 2 sets/12reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 47#
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 47#

Workout: 4sets/7reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/I can't believe I lifted that weight:rolleyes:
Barbell Rows - 80#

Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 25#
One Arm Row - 28#

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 80#/ the last set I had trouble getting it up. Note to myself; LOWER the weight next week:p:p
Barbell Deadlifts - 65#

Incline Chest Flyes - 25#
One Arm Horizontal Row - 28#

I never got my abs in yesterday, DH and I spent the day in Pilen, Czech Republic. It's only 60 in drive down there! We had a nice dinner in a cave, that was awesome. Food was wonderful!:p here is the website: www.chodovar.cz
http://www.chodovar.cz/id470en-silve...u-chodovar.htm here is a pic of the restaurant.

BBL!

Hola ladies!

VERY tired today. This weekend was just emotionally draining and I SO don't want to be here today. At least the boss is off so maybe no one will notice if I take a little nap at my desk ;)

Thank you for all your advice on the BF. I don't get easily offended at all, so anything you want to throw my way, go for it!!

My eating was good up until my brother made a batch of chocolate mousse, then it was all downhill from there. I think I went about 400 cals over goal :eek:

I did Athletic Step last night, thinking it would be an easy one but for some reason that one gets me every time. My inner thighs are KILLING from Sat's 4DS legs. Tonight is 4DS Bootcamp/Upper premix. It's a long one so let's hope I survive :eek:

Iris, the vodka tasting went sooooooo well!!!!!!! It was so delicious; I was trying to pour the smallest samples imaginable so I could take the rest home but there were so many people that I wound up using the whole bottle anyway :( It didn't even taste like vodka, it tasted more like a Bailey's. OMG delish!!!! It's Vodka 360 and if you ever see it, def try it!!! I met the owner of another promo company and she said she liked how I worked; they do promos during the week so when I go back to school, she told me to give her a call and I can pick up some extra hours :D

Deb, awesome job on all the TM workouts!! You will be back to your old self before you know it!

Amelia, ^^5 on the clothes!! That is such an awesome feeling. Keep it up!!!!

Lori, if you get DD clothes then you have to treat yourself as well ;) Nice job on the run! I can't even imagine running that far.

Cookie, WOW and I thought I was busy!!! :eek::eek:

Belinda, you really are blowing me away with your weight stats...80 on a bench press?! You go girl!!!

Hi to Kristin, Trish, and anyone I may have missed!! BBL

Last edited:
Hi all! On today’s agenda is MMA Fusion, which I have not done in months. I am looking for shorter cardio this week and still “shocking” my body. This ought to do the trick today. Next week, I am starting a new 4 DS rotation that I am creating. I am basically doing 4 DS as is and then adding one more cardio, one more full body weight or circuit workout. We shall see.

Melissa- 4 years is a long time to be with someone. In my honest opinion, men don’t change who they are. If he was a tightwad about money and being a gentleman (like reimbursing your brother) 4 years ago and he still is, then that is not immaturity, that is a character trait and it is not going away. So you have to ask yourself, is that something you can live with or not? I love my husband to death, but when it comes to saving money and paying bills on time, he never has and never will. I thought that would change when we got married and I “showed him the light.” Hahahahahaha. No, that didn’t happen. So, I am the one balancing the checkbook and I basically set up a system where we are both given an allowance for the week so that we save money. It bothers me that I have to do this, but he will not save anything on his own. It is annoying, but I can live with it (as long as he lets me run the show when it comes to our finances, lol). In my opinion, men don’t mature, they just get older ;). Meeting you in person and getting to know you on the forums and facebook, I think you are a cool girl and deserve the best.

Cookie- Nikolas (he is going into kindergarten) is really excited about going to school. My little guy (he’s two), not so much. I don’t know how much he understands when we say to him, “Mommy is going back to work and you are going to school (meaning his daycare).” His response though is always, “No. . . no Mommy, no coooolll.” Uh-oh. :(:confused::(

Helene- glad you are enjoying your vaca. At least you got to see the fireworks despite having to stay in because of the rain, very cool. My husband and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon and had a blast. Which water park did you go to? Funny stories about the water parks. I forget which one had the swim with the sharks attraction, but we wanted to do it. We wanted on line, got in our wetsuits and snorkel-gear, I put one foot in the water and heard the theme song of Jaws in my head and chickened out, lol. Then at the other park, forgot what it was called, they had a slide that went through a tunnel, which looked like a mountain and we waited on line for that (for an hour at least). I got to the top and said, “Uh, I can’t do this.” That was the first time I ever chickened out of a ride. It looked so steep and dark. I met my husband at the bottom. I go back to work on Thursday, but the first day of teaching is Tuesday :D. Cannot wait to meet my new students.

Debbie- that would break my heart too.

Iris- 80 degree gym? Well, that’s one way to sweat ;):D

Amelia- Great job on C & w yesterday. PB is a huge staple in my diet. I need to go shopping for the kids and myself too. Maybe tomorrow.

Lori- 17.5 miles!!!! WTG!!!!

Belinda- great workout!! Sounds like last night was a blast, very cool!

Trish- hope all is well.

BBL

Kristin

Good morning girls,

I made a scrambled egg w/spinach & decided to throw in a hot pepper. Boy was this one hot so right now my mouth is burning & eyes because after cutting the pepper I rubbed my eyes:eek: ugh!!

I'm running out the door because I have a busy day at work today so I will do the TM when I get back.

Belinda - Your flying through Meso 3. Are you increasing your weights from the last time you did Meso3?

Lori - I'm amazed you could even run 5 min. today:eek: after 17.5 miles yesterday. I'm sure DD isn't going to turn you down to go clothes shopping.

Iris - I'll have to check out that rotation sounds interesting. So I was checking out the new pictures for the new DVD's do you know if the girls who won just did Cathe DVD's or other stuff? Just curious. I'm guessing they really pumped it up before filming.

Amelia - Congratulations on the clothes fitting you just an indicator on how well you are doing:)

Cookie - The other day one of our smoke detectors was going off and we couldn't figure which one so we just ended up changing all of the batteries . . . good luck what a way to start a week. I actually don't go back to the Dr. unless I have a problem but may call and see if I could do "other" workouts:)

Helene - Wow your fitting it all in. Maybe the kids will take naps if your days keep going at that pace;)

Melissa - I tired too had problems sleeping worrying about stupid things. I'll be looking for caffeine big time today:)

Kristin - Your rotation sounds interesting. When do you get your workouts in when school starts up?

Trish - How was your weekend?

Have a great day:)

MMA Fusion completed. This one seemed easier this time. Maybe because compared to CCC it is, lol.

Deb- when school is in session, I work out at night.

Kristin

Evening girls,

Busy day at work and no chance to check in. This morning's wo was killer..GS Push ups + PUB Chest + CTX Chest + CC4. My chest was on fire! First time I did CC in a while. Think I'll stick to CC for cardio this week and give iClimb a break.

Belinda - Dinner in a cave? Sounds awesome!! Nice job on your wo.

Lori - Nice run yesterday!! I don't think I've gone past 8 miles and that's on the elliptical! Sounds like you had a good relaxing day at the beach..it was needed;)

Iris - Hey, guess we're starting the rotation at the same time;) Now, I'll have to try and stay on schedule:p Is your chest fried like mine??

Amelia - ^5 on noticing a difference in the clothes;) Isn't that so uplifting?? I skipped the scale this weekend, too. Really I forgot and by the time I remembered, I had eaten too much stuff!

Cookie - Uuughhh, tell me about ! The break is way too short and I added two additional activities (each!) for both girls. Neither of them know how to swim well and I think it is so important so that was a must. Two weeks in and I will be regretting this decision for sure. I can imagine the alarms are driving the dogs nutso. Did you get it figured out?

Helene - You and Amelia should join Iris and I on this rotation. I'm telling you, it'll burn you good;) No nap for me yesterday...laid down for an hour and never went to sleep. What a disappointment:rolleyes:. LOL @ fitting in skinny pants! Sounds like you definitely don't need any additional wo while you are there...12:30 AM??, hats off to you. I would have called it a day around 4 pm:)

Melissa - Sounds like you got some good advice so I won't add to it. My eating seems to get off track in the evenings. Today was better..I ate 3 doritos before dinner and that was it. I'm not even a salt person, so I don't know what I'm up to. ^5 on your DOMs. Saw your PM. Sorry you have to deal with that kind of behavior:(

Kristin - How exciting!! What grade do you teach? Both of my girls go back on tuesday and, thankfully, they are both excited. I don't think I could deal otherwise. My 8YO had a very difficult time in preschool, but it has been pretty smooth once she made it to kindergarten. Do either of your little ones attend the school where you'll be teaching? Your rotation sounds like a challenge;)

Deb - Hot peppers in the eyes?? Ouch! Glad you are recovering so well. Hope you had a good wo.

YAY! I finished before 10 o'clock. I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight.

Good night ladies!

Too funny when I stop to think about it..... I am logging in to tell you all how much my feet hurt. Oh man, we are only three days in, this is going to hurt :confused: and it's not even like I am getting mileage like Lori or anything :p

Good evening everyone.

Good evening,

Cookie - how did your workout go today? Maybe you need new batteries? Hope the dogs are ok!

Lori - WOW, after yesterday's run! You go, girl.

Iris - I have to check out that rotation too, sounds good.

Amelia - yeah, on the cloth fitting.

Helene - I don't know, how you fit it all in, You are amazing, girl! Enjoy your workout today.

Melissa -I was shocked when I saw your BF post today. He was very nasty. The language alone was shocking! Glad SMN deleted this post. (((HUGS))) He is a jerk! After reading his post, you better off without him. You deserve better. I don't know what he thought he would accomplish by writting on the forum????? and calling you and us all kinds of bad words ????? My DH said he is juvenile and when you start daiting again, you should find a man that respects women!

Kirsten - wtg on your workout today. LOve that one. Like your rotation too.

Debbie - how is your moth? ROFLMAO! Did you get that TM wo in?

Trish - I remember that rotaiton! That's a burner for sure! Nice job, on your chest workout today. Any DOMS yet?

Good night, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.