---- cLEAN, tidy, & wide awake WEDNESDAY ----

chefkate

Cathlete
Oh my word I can't sleep. 2 nights in a row now. My nose is stuffed and and I can't breathe and I'm so hot I'm about to go roll naked in the snow!

One more complaint then I'll be thru.
The last 2 days I have been SO HUNGRY but everything sounds gross to eat. I am literally choking my food down. Even all of my favorite foods sound absolutely disgusting. If I weren't preg I would not eat a thing but I know PeeWee needs the nutrition so I *am* eating but it's gross. At least I won't gain a bunch of weight.
Do you think this is a pregnancy thing or a being sick thing?

Okay, enough complaining, I'm gonna go count reps & try to get to sleep!:)

Oh, poor Kate! I'm not sure if it is a baby thing or sickness thing, maybe both? Both sound like reasonable explainations to me. Just do the best you can!! I hope you can catch a nap today!

I didn't sleep the greatest either -- I am stressed about work and this pet situation that Chris and I have, and I am not feeling rested when I wake up, and my neck and shoulders ache something terrible. It hurts really bad today.

Where is my tax refund? The guy e-filed them on the 11th, so that was a week and a half ago. How long does it take for your refund to be direct deposited? I want my money!!

I have slight DOMS today, nothing terrible, feels good actually. It is most noticeable in my core -- probably from planks.

Today's workout will be Step Blast -- so fun! Menu as follows...

B protein shake, Kashi waffle
S crackers, string cheese
L leftover chili over shredded lettuce
S banana, Fiber One
D grilled blackened chicken, wild rice, steamed green beans

Stephanie, I got an e-mail that you had replied to my PM, but there is no PM in my inbox....? Sorry for the confusion, can you send it again? Or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks, I can't wait to hear what you have to say!!

Good Morning Ladies!

I think my day is going to go better then yesterdays! I have been up for about 50 mins and I haven't fall yet...so thats a good thing! LOL;)

Todays workout is going to be BM2 and PLB. Im in the mood to do BM2 right now but that may change as the day goes on! DS and I have to run to walmart, and then we are going to go visit a friend but if work at its way I would have been in there again today. I use to feel bad before I had DS and I would say no to work...but now I don't even think about it, I just say "no". I have to work 62 hours this week, I dont want to work 72, plus I love spending the day with DS and I have been away from him for the last 2 days.

Todays meals should look like this:

B-oatmeal
L-Chicken crap
S-Coconut protein bar
D-? Probably chicken and a salad.
There will also be fruit thrown into my day.

I will be back later to report my eating and workout!

Katie** I remember when i was preggo with DS, I was starving ALL the time but didn't want anything. I still gained weight though b/c whatever i wanted I must have ate enough of it! LOL I remember one day going to the store and getting a pack of Mr.Noodles (yuck) cheesies (double yuck) and a plate of salads!(potatoe not the good kind!) Then there was another morning that I ate 3 (get this 3!) Ham and egg sandwiches for McDonalds! But...Dr, I don't know why Ive gained 10 lbs this month, Im eating good~! BAHHHHHHHH! I use to sit in the Dr's chair after being weighed and wonder how I could control the weight gain. I finally gave up and said, Ill deal with it when this thing comes out...and I did}( Hope you feel better though! There is no worse feeling!

Kate** I hate tax time b/c I always have to pay in. I will put mine off as long as I can. I was also on Mat leave all yr and the govt doesn't take enough taxes out.Im hoping with my 2 monthes back and the end of the yr, plus babysitting expenses that it will put a dent in what Im going to owe. DH on the other hand always gets back!

Lori:)

BAH HUMBUG! It took me one hour to get thru 39 minutes of Step Blast -- first I had to stop because my hair was falling out of my pony tail, then I had a dog hair stuck in my foot and every time I stepped on the step it felt like a nail driving into my foot, then I stopped because Chris told me he forgot to put the laundry into the dryer, then I stopped because I was tripping over a bunch of dumbbells that Chris neglected to put back, then Chris tries to start a freaking conversation with me about taking the dog for a walk. Finally I just stopped and turned the TV off -- Chris knows I am pissed. He asked what was wrong, and I said I just wanted ONE HOUR to myself every day where I didn't have to be interrupted for STUPID ####!x( x( x(

I WILL NOT LET THIS RUIN MY DAY, I WILL NOT LET THIS RUIN MY DAY, I WILL NOT LET THIS RUIN MY DAY..............

Morning

That's right girl don't let it ruin your day. Katie I not know that you had a dog.

61 hour work week? I don't blame you for not taking on extra hours Lori. Do you still work at night?

Yes I think it is a preggo thing Kate. Use some saline solution for your nose. I remember when I was preggo and I could not take the smell of cooked meats and coffee. My poor husband had to drive to the store to get his first cup of coffee.

No w/o for me today I'm taking a rest day.

b- Simply harvest (free sample of whole grain hot cereal)
s-apple and nuts
l-?
d-?

Good Morning!

Kate, I agree with Robin, you need to do a saline rinse to clear your sinuses. It's natural and won't harm the baby. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. It sounds like a combo to me. But, I believe that your sinuses can bother you more when you are pregnant.

Katie, Good attitude! I'm sorry I don't have any advice with the pet situation. Any chance you can do a premix of SB this evening.

Robin, Enjoy your rest day!

Lori, You work alot of hours girl! Wow! Menu looks good as does your workout.

My workout for today is BM2 - scrambled eggs. My son's day went very well yesterday. Thanks for the birthday wishes; he thought it was nice of you to wish him a happy birthday. We had so much fun! Dinner went well, but I didn't resist the chocolate swirl cheesecake or the vanilla cake w/ yummy frosting(new recipe) I made. I had small slices of both and they were well worth it. Back on track today. BBL with my menu.

I need to read yesterday's posts to catch up with everyone.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning clean and tidy peeps!

It must be a clean and tidy thing, my dog has a bladder infection, and i was up all night, outside in the -20 weather! Tired, and i have Arnold tonight, yikes!

Kate, i bet its a sick and pregnant thing, probably the combo. I hope you feel better :)

Katie, i will PM you, got the info!

Lori, BM2 and PLB, you crazy? No falling off treadmills today okay :)

Robin, enjoy your rest day! Nothing better than cereal samples

Shirl, everyone talks about the scrambled eggs premix, but i've never tried it, what's the breakdown?

I'm friggin tired!

Menu:
B: oatmeal!
s: cc/pp/almonds
L: corn chowder, celery, hummus, apple
s: ryveta/nat pb
d: egg white omelette, sprouted ezekial, big salad, berries
s: yogurt
BBL
Steph

Hi Everyone!

Happy Wednesday! I can't wait for the weekend so I can rest :) We are supposed to get snow today so maybe I can leave early.

Steph, hope your dog gets better :) Sorry you are so tired. Good luck with Arnold tonight
Kate, I think it is a combo of pregnancy and sickness.
Katie, sorry about the frustrating morning. When did you get a dog?
Robin, how was the simply harvest? Enjoy your rest day :)
Lori, you have a tough workout planned today. Good luck :)

w/o was ASC w/ power ups
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: pretzels
l: turkey sandwich
s: apple
d: tbd

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Hi Steph,
The breakdown of BM2 scrambled eggs is:
W/U
Step segment 1
Power circuit 1
Step segment 2
Power circuit 2
Step segment 3
Power circuit 3
Bonus Blast x2
Power circuit 4
Stretch

I did it on my Bosu this A.M.; I'm going to need an extra stretch tonight. My legs feel like jello.
Have fun with your trainer. Maybe you should ask him about a rotation for your workouts when you don't train with him.

Colleen, Do you think you're still a little under the weather? Great workout planned, the powerup section is my favorite part.

Hi Jenn! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Ah, at last... a few minutes for me!

Katie, Sorry about your bad night and morning! I *HATE* when WOs don't go as planned.

Lori, Funny story on your weight gain!!! LOL! I'm actually LOSING weight so far! Enjoy your day w/ DS.

Robin, Enjoy your rest day!! When I was preg w/ Gina buttermilk and raw eggs made me vomit just to think about them!

Shirl, Those desserts would be wonderful!!! I love cheesecake. How do you do your saline solution? How much water vs. salt? I'm scared to do it!! It's gonna sting!!

Steph, Have fun w/ Arnold tonight!! Sorry about the pup - vet trip today??

Colleen, Wishing you lots of snow! ***********************************

my menu:
b - wheat chex, grapes
s - pb Fiber1 bar
l - 1 scr. egg, 3-4 whites, red & yellow peppers. And either apple slices or grapes, whichever the girls want
s - maybe a small serving of wheat chex. This way I can have milk w/ it to get more calcium. I *know* I don't get enough.
d - baked chicken breast over spinach, dried cherries, almonds. Also making homemade mac for the fam. I'll have a small portion.

I'm taking one more rest day. Maybe I can fit in a 30 min. CS. Truth be told, I'd take a nap over anything. Hopefully the girls will be tired too!!

Have a marvellous mid-day!

Oh ladies Simple Harvest should be called Simple Surgar! It is super sweet... I couldn't finish it. Maybe the simple harvest bars will be better.

I'm thinking of making Salmon and Herb Penne for dinner. It's salmon, penne pasta, basil, grape tomatoes and capers. Sounds like a good recipe.

Shirl, thanks so much for the breakdown! you should be like jello! that's insane! did you have to modify at all for the bosu or simply replace the step? with my knees, i think i should get a bosu!

Kate, DH is taking her to the vet, poor little thing. Another expense coming my way.

sugarary cereal talk has me wanting mini wheats :)
S

Shirl, I need to build up to stepping on the Bosu. The first time I tried I only lasted about 2 minutes :) I do think I am still recovering from my cold. Last night I fell asleep at 9.
Kate, hope you get your nap this afternoon :)
Robin, I hate sugary cereal so thanks for the feedback. I will definitely avoid SH.
Steph, hope the vet trip is not too expensive.

Colleen

Steph, Did you say Frosted Mini Wheats??? MMMMM!
Let us know how the pup is doing!

Colleen, I did get a nap - just woke up. Now i'm in a fog...:)

I was so hungry at lunch! I added a veggie corn muffin. Sucking on a piece of dark chocolate now....:9 Gotta make it last!

PM snack was a Kashi bar & some grapes.
I can't wait for those Kashibars to be gone - they taste like cardboard! I'd throw them out but I *hate* to waste money!

Dinner's in the oven....

Got to do 30 min of CS - yay! Hoping to get back to workouts tomorrow.

Well, unfortunately, the rest of my day went similar to my workoutx(

I need to lay on the couch and de-compress, which means leaving dinner up to Chris, which means clean or tidy could be in jeopardy -- hopefully he doesn't do too much damage.

I have a 4 year old pug doggie, he actually turns 4 tomorrow:) He has had some relapses recently with the housebreaking, not sure what is up with that but it is stressing me out!! For now, he is back in his crate (or "cave" as Collin calls it) at night. No accidents yet today!!

Shirl, I can't drag myself to the kitchen to cook dinner, much less another cardio workout. I will squeeze in some extra on Saturday am.

Robin, your dinner sounds divine!

Lori, hope your crazy workout went well today!

Colleen, I am asleep by 9 EVERY NIGHT!;)

Kate, glad you got a nap, I am jealous!! Take care of that little boy, ahem, baby;)

Steph, thanks for alllllllll your help today!!

Here is a pic of my pug...

47dd3c86.jpg

:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.