+++++ cLEAN & tidy weekend +++++

CollinsMom

Cathlete
It's the weekend -- what do you have planned?

Tell us about your workouts, your menus, and everything in between.

Have a great weekend and DRINK YOUR WATER!

YAY for the weekend! I hope it goes by ssslllllooooowwwwwllllyyy!! :)

Today's workout will be cardio and lower body -- 4DS KBX cardio, DM cardio drills 1-3, then Barry's Boot Camp Legs. Hope I make it thru!

Menu is ALWAYS iffy on the weekends, but I think I can do well today with it. Here is what I have planned...

B cereal
S apple slices
L leftover chicken, rice, g. beans
S banana, some sort of bar
D CHEAT, not sure yet, maybe Mexican?

Sunday will be a rest day, and again I will keep it clean, but it is always so much harder on the weekends.

I have only read about 40 pages of The New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I am already really liking it!

I need to order a new sports bra today -- any suggestions for high impact aerobics for little girls with big boobs (34DD!)?!?

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Katie, I second the slow weekend idea, but somehow I doubt it will happen. Have a great workout! Glad you're enjoying your book - care to share a little of what you've gleaned. As far as the length of TCOYF, it goes by so fast. No clue on the sports bra - I'm barely a B and when I was super thin I should've worn an A but I didn't want to admit my boobs were THAT small!:D But what I do wear is Nike. I'm very brand loyal and all my workout clothes are Nike.

Well, after a couple of rest days my weight is BACK DOWN! 137.5. Hurray! That has me motivated to work hard this weekend and eat clean. I had my ice cream treat last night (Edy's Slow Churned....oh my word...tastes just like full-fat but it's relatively low in sugar & fat. I added almonds. Oh yeah, and hot fudge! It was delicious and I enjoyed every bite guilt-free!

Menu:
b - cereal, apple
s - apple?
l, s, d, - ???who knows??? It's the weekend! No doubt a grilled chicken salad will be in there somewhere!

I think w/o is supposed to be Step Blast - YAY! I need to double check though. Is that what it says, Robin?

Robin & Steph, did you get your plbg. probs settled?

See you gals later - need to go get my WATER!

Good Morning!

Lots of activity yesterday. :)

Robin and Steph, Are the plumbing issues resolved?

Kate, You truly are a sweetie - offering so much help.

Colleen, How are you feeling today?

Jenn, How did your day go yesterday? I had some sweets.

Katie, I'm wishing you a sssllllooooooooowww weekend! :) Enjoy your alone time with Chris.

Thanks for the advice with the splurge. My family is use to my splurges and I do not hide them. I typically do not deprive myself and have a treat daily. I think the monstrous sweet tooth is b/c it's pms time. My body seems to crave more sugar when I've already had too much. I know my body needs a break from the treats. I need to get back on track. Yesterday was better; I had 7 pieces of black licorice and 2 bites of cake.(it was my friend's surprise 40th b-day party last night)

I teach TK this morning! I love this class; so much fun!

Menu
b-scrambled egg whites and salsa
s-larabar
l,s,d-??? we might go to the mall - not sure yet

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning Kate, Shirl, and all to follow!

Kate, ^5 on the scale -- I am over here doing the "I-told-you-so" dance! ;) I will certainly share some secrets from the book.

Shirl, good luck with the treats! I get that was with PMS too... Have fun with class this morning!!

Collen, hope you are feeling better today.

Steph, what's your temp like today?

Jenn, have you started reading the book yet?

After my workout was done, I was STARVING! I finished off my box of cereal -- sort of glad there was not more there cause I would have eaten more! Lunch time will be 3 hours or less from now, so I will be fine.

Barry's Bootcamp Legs is hard and good, but I don't really like not knowing how many sets/reps i've got. It's fine every once in a while, though.

Here is my plan for next week...

M Step Blast (never done this one, so there will be a learning curve)
T 4DS Leg Premix (to include calf work) / Core
W GS C&T
T Low Max
F GS BSB / Core
S Step, Jump, & Pump Premix w/step combos and hi/lo, then Butts & Guts floor work

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shirl, Sounds like you're doing good - Wish I could be more guilt-free about daily splurges. Have fun at TK! I bet your students love you!

Katie, What kind of cereal do you eat? Good plan for the week! StepBlast is so much fun - you'll love it. The SJP premix is tons of fun too - goes by really fast. You've gotten tons of new tapes lately - good for you! And Chris got a STEP? LOL!

After what Steph wrote about not enough fat I started thinking about not enough fat. In the AM fat is virtiually nonexistent for me. Cereal & fruit for b'fast, fruit for snack. Maybe if I added some fat to my AM I wouldn't be so prone to "lose it" in the afternoon?? Any thoughts? I added a teaspoon of pb w/ my last apple slice this morning....

Chores to do...bbl

Kate, YES, he bought himself a step! Stupid asshole, I was MAD! I waited 10 freaking months for a full sized step, then all of a sudden he's got one for himself. I wasn't really mad, just jealous. It WILL make things easier on weight days, I must admit!

Kate, about the fat... For my am snack lately, I am eating cheese and crackers, and a few apple slices. I usually take 4 small cheese squares (probably 1.5 oz. or so) and 4 wheat crackers. After I eat that, I eat about 8 or 10 apple slices (I buy the bagged ones that are already sliced up). It is really satisfying but not too bad on calories -- probably 150 for the cheese, 80 for the crackers, and 25 or so for the apples.

I am wearing my "WEIGHTLIFTING IS FOR GIRLS" t-shirt today -- love it!! I feel lean, strong, and beautiful!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am congested this morning and I have pressure in my sinuses. I slept a ton last night. I started dozing on and off around 8 and finally went to bed about 10. I guess I am just really tired.
I have been reading my clean eating magazine and I was not very impressed with the 30 day winter menu. The recipes weren't necessary clean but they were tidy. I am dying to try some of the other recipes though. We are going grocery shopping tomorrow so I can get the ingredients and start cooking :)

Katie let us know how the books are
Shirl glad you are looking forward to your workout
Katie our cleaning lady saved our marriage too! We got ours when I was going to grad school and I told DH I couldn't do everything! I love coming home to a clean house
Jenn how did everything go yesterday?
Robin how is your super busy weekend going?

w/o - not sure if I will workout but if I do it will be Glute Camp and HISM - first five combos and intervals (I am doing Tracey's rotation she sent with her new series)

b: oatmeal
s: dark chocolate
l: ?
s: apple w/ peanut butter
d: pf changs - I need to check their website so I know what to order

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Katie, I understand about waiting for things. I budget and budget and budget for things we need/want. And then finally get it when it goes on sale AND I have a coupon. If DH wants it he buys it w/ no thought of anything else. His parents are very wealthy and he's watched them do this his whole life. We were dirt poor growing up. In our married life, I don't feel like we're LOADED, but we definetly aren't poor either. I guess we balance eachother out w/ our spending habits.

Thanks for the fats ideas.

Where did Chris get that t-shirt for you?! I would love one!

Morning ladies

I'm a cheese lover also. Cracker Barrel sells individual cheese servings, sharp-white is my fav. When my co-workers see me eating cheese they think I'm cheating on my diet. Get-a-life and worry about your-own diet (that's what I'm thinking while I'm looking at them).}(

Wow great w/o Katie.
I'm glad Kate that your pounds have dropped and I think that your body has adjusted to the GS and you will continue to lose weight. I've dropped 1.5# and I'm surprised. I've been eating clean but haven't been doing alot of cardio. Maybe my bod love heavy weights?

Kate the good news is that my kitchen sink drained. The bad news is that it drain into a bucket underneath the sink. So one of the pipes is leaking. I really need to be on "This Old House" tv show.

The only fat that I add to my diet is olive oil on my veggies and salad. I will have time (waiting for the plumber x( ) so I'm going to really get into the dailyplate.

My w/o Amy Step II and Amy core 15 mins.
Amy has energy like Cathe, I wonder what vitamins they take.

b-egg whites
s-cheese
l-salad and chicken breast
s-fruit smoothie (pear and blueberries) something new for me :)
d-turkey burger broiled and ??

Colleen, Sorry you're not feeling any better. I HATE being sick. Bummer about the mag. Good luck at PF's. I used to completely love that place but lately I've had a stomach ache after eating there. Their brown rice is awesome though! Let me know what you end up ordering. I ususally share cashew/almond chicken w/ DDs but I KNOW it's high in sugar. Good luck!

Great workouts and menus, ladies!

Colleen, I am sorry you felt so bad, glad you got some sleep, though!

Robin, great workout, and I am considering Amy... Your smoothie sounds delish!

Kate, I am reading the chapters on food/nutrition right now, so I will let you know what he says about fats. He advocates a 40/30/30 split. I like this book, because it seems like I am already doing a lot of things right! Chris and I are sort of the same with money as you described about you and Mike -- we both grew up lower middle class, and so we are careful with our money. But now, he has SO MUCH MORE money than I do -- he makes about twice what I do. We will be doing really well once we live together and combine our incomes and eliminate one set of bills. But he can just order a $100 item on a whim and I cannot, and that PISSES ME OFF!

Well, Collin has left with DXMIL and DXSIL. I just ate my lunch, and now I am going to take a tall glass of water and my book up to my bed. I will read for as long as I want, then sleep for as long as I want!!;)

Check in after nap!!

Hello cLean and tidy peeps!!

I'm with you on keeping it ssslllloooww! next week is going to feel so long i think. DH is working today, so a day to myself! yay!!

I did 4D full body, then HIS/core. I am feeling some major pain in my right shoulder/tricept, not sure which is is, i think i may have pulled something. But i worked out anyway cause i'm an idiot!

Katie, its 2 degrees here today, thats huge! i walked for over an hour this morning! It was great. I've been eyeing BBC, you liked it? enjoy your nap, that is the best thing ever.

Kate, you are so amazing! I watched my damn toilet flush today, and the bobby thing doesnt come all the way up. Im going to have to call someone. Your DH wouldnt mind coming by would he? I'll make dinner..we'll workout :)
Congrats on the weight loss as well, its so strange, cant rely on it too much, your body was changing, hence the weight gain last week. I think ice cream must burn fat....damn!
In terms of fat, i never even cook with it, so i had a colleague take a look at my diet, as well as dailyplate, its hard to be objective when its me! Write down everything you eat, including how you prepare stuff and i can stick it in a program if you like.

Shirl, licorice isnt too too bad, i have the same problem with portions! I get nutty with sweetners too!

Colleen, i hope you feel better!

Robin, great workout! Menu is perfection! How does your doggy look after his haircut??

Well, only breakfast so far, so i havent been too bad, i'll be back with the damage!!
Steph

Robin, Shirl's TK is Turbo Kick. Sorry you have to call a plumber out! Expensive on a Saturday - yuck! I'm not going to buy the incline risers - I have an incline weight bench down here. Though the cardio sounds like fun!!! We'll see...

I thought I was going to have more time, but DH needs me...bbl

Steph, Not quite sure what the bobby thing means...DH is guessing either the float or the flapper. Best guess right now is that your chain might be too loose, and you can easily tighten it yourself.

Email me and save yourself an expensive service [email protected]

brb...

Katie, Does Collin enjoy going away? My girls would think the world is ending! Enjoy your rest time!!!

Steph, Hope that pain clears up for you! As far as cooking w/ fat...whenever a recipe calls for sauteing chicken or veggies on olive oil I omit the oil and just do it plain. I've always thought this was a good way to cut fat, but should I be adding the olive oil back in?

My day has been so great!
b - wheat chex, apple, 1 tsp. pb
no snack - I was workin' out!
l - 1 egg scrambled w/ 2 whites, green pepper, All Bran crackers (another gas-inducer, but totally worth it!)
s - will be an apple
d - salad w/ tidy lasagna

W/o was going to be StepBlast but Gina wanted to lift weights w/ me! We did B&G and I am BURNIN'! I'll do SB tomorrow..or maybe tonight if I'm motivated.

Off to the grocery store soon - need produce! My fridge is bare!

Hi Kate I was thinking about making a clean lasagna too. Soooo how do you clean it up? I was thinking about using low-fat cheese, steamed ground turkey.

I went to Petco to take my dog for his gromming and the lady said that he is not written down in the appointment book. Well those three cups of coffee I had this morning kick in. I told her off because I know she was the one that I made the appointment (three weeks ago) with. Yes I gave them some of my Brooklyn attitude and told them that I'm going to Pet Smart. So tomorrow Pepe has his grooming appoint 9:00am.
Moral of the story... do not drink 3 cups of coffee on a Saturday morning when you know you have a million things to do.

I need to relax, right after I finish cooking dinner.
Katie can I come hang with you?

Hey do any of you remember American Gladiators. The show is back and is coming on TV this Sunday. Check out the bods

http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/

Robin, I use ground sirloin (fat drained out REALLY WELL) and low-fat cheese. Lots of big chunks of tomato..yum. I give most of my pasta to the kids and I eat their tomatoes. I cut myself a small portion, mix it w/ steamed corn and have a medium-ish salad on the side. DH wants garlic bread, but I doubt I'll have any. (tmi: white bread binds me up like none other.) I would love to use ww pasta but DH acts like I'm feeding him rat poison!

Sorry about Petco! You go, girl!

I LOVED to watch American Gladiators when I was little! That show was the best! I watched reruns of it when we were on vacation this summer! I just looked a t the site. Okay, some of them look pretty freaky but WOW! is all I can say abou that!

Slogging my water down as I type....

Hello!!
I just ate a ton of organic chocolate malt balls...is that bad :)

Robin sorry about Petco, i hate when that happens.
Kate, i sent you an email!!
Steph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.