clean.and.tidy.tuesday

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Had a rough time getting to sleep last night because I had a tickle in my throat that kept causing me to cough. The only thing I know that fixes that is nyquil but I'm so hesitant to take it b/c I feel hung over in the am if I do. But i finally gave in about midnight and it worked great. But then I woke up at 5:59 (1 min before my alarm went off) and got up and did 4DS - KB and legs. I skipped the ab work b/c my back is tight for some reason. Still fighting this cold a bit so my cardio capacity isn't what it should be but I'm hanging in there.

From y'day:

Nina, I'm so sorry you had a rough afternoon. I'm glad you have an appt with the doc. I hope you are able to get some answers and help.

Wendy, so sorry about your knee. I hate that when I get on a roll, I either get injured or sick. I would love to go 6 months straight without any sort of interruption. That's just life though, isn't it?

Colleen, LOL that DH was the trash culprit. Sorry about your allergies. Hope your meds can help more. Did you end up doing KB?

Hi Anne! How was tap?

Becky, how were the cookies?

Clintonya, lol about being the thread killer. Seems you're always one of the last to post. And by that time I'm soundly sleeping. Good luck with all your tax stuff.

Well, I need to shower and get going. My kids are getting so antsy without school. Even Annabel said the other day, "I can't wait to go back to school." I'm just anxious for our routine.

BBL.

Morning! Or actually GOOD NIGHT! I am so frustrated. Julia is crying snd soooo stubborn.

Sorry I never made ot back yday - I am a single mom for the time being. Mike has some weird intestina; thing going on - they're not sure if its diverticulitis or appendicitis or what. Hopefully the blood work comes back soon. He is working but CRASHED when he got home.

I am vehicleless - brakes are getting repaired by a guy that nicely comes to pick up the truck. No sitting in a dirty waiting room w/ small kids - gotta love that! Since I did that yday to get the flat tire fixed. The fun never ends!:p So no plans for today since I can't go anywhere!:p

Angie, Good job getting your WO in!
I need routine too.....and so do the girls. We all just do better when we have to do XYZ at Xo'clock.

Well, I'm going to try to go back to sleep. ugh She's still crying - we're well over an hour. I've already rocked her for a while but no nursing. It always took 3 night to solve sleep issues for the girls. Hopefully tomorrow (or even better - TONIGHT) will be the last ngiht of this!

Kate, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with these sleep issues - no fun!
Angie, ^5 for getting your workout done! I always take Robitussin DM Max when I have a cold/cough - it is tha bomb and I never feel crappy later.

from yesterday...

Nina, I too am glad to hear that you are going to the doctor. Please take care of yourself!
Colleen, your trash story made me LOL! It was so hilarious! And then to find out later it was DH! Thanks for sharing!

No more puking from Collin. He was FINE for Chris yesterday - running, dancing, playing. Silly boy! He WILL be going to daycare today.

I did BBL tummy tuck last night, then some lb stuff with ankle weights while the boys watched tv. Off to do BBL sculpt now. Long day at work, home to whip up some dinner, then tee ball tonight - maybe I can get in 20 mins or so of walking at the park tonight.

Good Morning Girls !

Angie, Why no school right now ? I tried Delsym for the first time , when I had that annoying tickle and it was the ONLY thing that stopped it and let me sleep !!!!
I will always have that on hand from now on !

Kate, ugh you are having it rough right now. Everything hits at once, right ??? J WILL get through this, it just doesn't seem like it right now !! Her being stubborn is frustrating, but I've found it means she is most likely going to be very strong and independent , and that is GOOD !!! :) No car AND a sick hubby ?? Better days are ahead !!

Katie, I'm so glad Collin is finally better !! That was bad for a while, wasn't it ?? Poor little man ! How are you liking BBL ?

Circuit week for me, and I'll probably do something Jillian. Still undecided.
Cookies aren't bad, but on the bland side. If I make them again, I think I'd add some nuts / seeds to add some crunch and flavor.

I'll bbl............

good morninga all. yesterday afternoon i went to my neighbor's with the boys and she had a few other mom's and kids over - it was so fun. today is a home day, perhaps zoo or park. i ran 11 miles today and it was tough but good. disc 24 later on.

katie, do you do back to back lb workouts or ar there other things on the bbl wos? glad collin is better.

angie, great job with the wo. i hope you feel better soon.

kate, sorry about your night and dh. diverticulitis is scary.

becky, let me know what jillian you do. is it a dvd you have?

breakfats time - bbiab

morning ladies!

i was up a little bit last night because my stomach was up to no good but it feels totally fine now. headed to the gym for ellip and some weights. i thinking yoga is a no-go right now - really like the fluidity of classes with music and i think so much modification for my knee would ruin the flow for me. looking forward to some nice sweaty intervals on the ellip though!!

my driving test is tomorrow, ladies. YIKES. so much rides on this.

colleen, lol @ your dh leaving the trash and now i feel terrible since i referred to the culprit as disgusting and inconsiderate!!

angie, i havee been known to down some nyquil when necessary but toally agree abt the hangover.

kate, so sorry about mike, hope they figure it out quick and it is not serious.

nina, i vote for the zoo! is your dh home? how/when do you run when he is away?

becky, thanks for filling us in on the bfast cookies. i love crunch so i would def take your advice about adding more nuts and seeds... also, was the spice level good enough or more needed?

Katie, Glad C is better! WTG w/ your WOs!

Becky, I'm glad the cookies were bland - makes me not want them!:p
Circuit week sounds fun! So does CS - weve been so busy lately - I'm anxious to get back to it.

Nina, Nice job on your 11 miles! that would tkae me all week to get to!

Hey Wendy, You jumped in while it took me 30 mins to type 6 lines!:rolleyes: All your Wos sound great! Isn't your road test tomorrow? We'll all be thinking of you!

-
Julia ended up crying til 4 - I think I was up til 4:30....to geared up from the stress of it all....I really hope tonight is better. Mike is feeling a little better, thank goodness.

Lots of laundry and cleaning and organizing today. It's gray and cold and nasty so inside we stay.

Morning!

So I ended up doing nothing yesterday-sat and read a book ALL day and played with Nevena till I had to take the girls to dance. I so needed it! No school for Nevena today but I do have to go wait in line to register her for preschool-it's like a 3 hour process! My mom and dad are coming over to babysit. Today's workout is yesterday's which is leftover from Sunday:eek: That's ok though-it still leaves me with 6 days to workout this week:)

Angie, great job on the early am workout! I really need to start doing that considering my schedule will get even busier next year. Darrin had the same thing the other night and it drove me nuts-I'm gonna pour Nyquil down his throat next time!

Kate, sorry about your little stinker! I don't miss those days for anything! Hope tonight is the night for you guys. Enjoy your day at home-it's a good day to stay in here-all blah out.

Katie, glad Collin's all better! I need to step it up-the preggo is working out more than me!:eek:

Becky, I'll have to go back to yesterday's thread and see your cookie recipe:) Have a good workout!

Nina, do you go out with the boys every day? Our zoo is over 45 minutes away-we go maybe once/twice year. 11 miles AND disc 24-omg! I am officially a sloth!

Wendy, have a good sweat fest!

Colleen, so funny about DH and the garbage:) Congrats on the job prospect!

Clintonya, it's almost D-day! Hope you can catch a break soon!

Hi Anne, Robin, and Lisa!

I did NMTZ and I believe that is my favorite Jillian ! Good stuff !

Am drinking a breakfast smoothie and off to shower . I get to watch our little J today !!! (Jackson) :) :) :) :) Can't wait !

Kate, the 2 breakfast cookies I've been making, one has no flour and one has only have a teeny bit of flour........so you could eat it, right ? We think we like the other one I've been making a little better .......and they are oats, banana, PB, 1/2 cup WW flour , cinnamon.........craisins or raisins. GOOD stuff ! In place of dry milk, I use protein powder.

Anyways.......gotta get going .

Hi to everyone ! Have a great day !

Kate, glad Mike is feeling a little better. I hope he has a dx soon !!

Morning, everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. Busy weekend until Sunday and then I was just lazy. Yesterday I was very productive at work, which was sorely needed. I've been extremely unmotivated lately and I need to turn that around.

Becky, have fun with J today!

Klaudia, one day this summer you need to bring the girls up here and we'll all go to our little zoo with Kate and her girls. Then we can walk around EL and shop for age inappropriate clothing at Urban Outfitters. Wouldn't that be fun?

Kate, yikes! Sorry for all the stuff right now, but hang in there. I'm glad M is feeling somewhat better.

Wendy, what time is your driving test tomorrow? I wanna send you good vibes and fairy dust for it.

Nina, sorry for the rough day yesterday, we all have them, don't we? I'm glad you made an appointment with the doctor. Do you want Meso 3? As you know, I gave up on it, so I'll be happy to send it to you any time.

Katie, how are you feeling? I'm glad C is doing better.

Angie, you poor thing. It sounds like you're on the mend, but don't overdo it, okay?

Hi Lisa, Clintonya, and Colleen!

Yesterday I did the UB work and abs from BM2. Not a lot, I know, but I was tempted to do nothing, so it's better than that. Then I went to tap and it was so fun! I've missed it. They all said I was just glowing when I walked in. Could that be because TCB called me right before I left work? ;) He is so dreamy. He's trying to figure out if he can take a week off and come out here in May. That would be very fun.

Okay, lots to do today, too. Have a good one, everyone!

anne

Klaudia, Your day yday sounds so nice. I never can let myself have days like that but I wish I could! Too much guilt about things that "need" to be done.
That's so nice that yourparents are so helpful.
Get that WO later!:)

Becky, Sadly, I'm not supposed to eat oats either. And I miss them. Terribly. I have another doctor I met by chance a few weeks ago and may go see her about my issues.
Have fun w/ Jackson - you are such a good grandma and mom!

Anne, I love BM2 for a quickie UB wo!
EXCITING on TCB!

-
Off to the basement to sort thru clothes for my ever-growing toddler. Yesterday she was 1.5 yrs. How did that go so fast!?!?

Good Morning Everyone!

I am still feeling bad and I think this time it is actually a cold not allergies. I woke up last night drenched in sweat but shivering under a pile of blankets. I should have stayed home today but I have a meeting from 4:30 to 6:30 across town and I knew I wouldn't go if I stayed home. I did do 4DS HIS for my workout. It was tough but I felt like I needed something.

Kate, I hope J sleeps for you tonight. Sorry to hear about Mike - hope you hear from the dr soon.
Angie, I can't take nyquil. I took it once when I was in college and my roommate woke me up because I sitting up and tossing like crazy. I hope you feel better.
Clintonya, Just 2 more days and tax season is over.
Becky, have fun with J today! thanks for the info on the cookies.
Wendy, good luck on your driving test tomorrow. Don't worry what you said about the trash culprit. You should see the email I sent to DH about it.
Katie, glad Collin is better. how many nights a week does he have tee ball?
Nina, glad your were able to get out with the boys and other moms yesterday. Enjoy your outing today.
Anne, that's so sweet that TCB called you yesterday. Great job getting a workout in.

Hey girls,

I have been living in a fog all day. For some reason, when I'm tired, I eat a lot and I had a run-in (binge) with some oreo cookies. I usually have nothing like this in the house but we found them at the store the other day and I caved and bought them. Obviously a bad decision. I'm still full from 4 hours ago. Not a good feeling.

Katie, I'm glad Collin is better. I hope he stays well and has a good day today!

Becky, girls are on spring break, last week and this week. The schools here do a 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off schedule but still have 2 months off for summer. Seems like they are always on vacation from school! Thanks for the med rec. Enjoy your circuits this week.

Kate, sorry you had such a long night. Glad M is feeling better. Hopefully this will be J's last night. I am feeling for you though - I just remember how exhausting it can be.

Klaudia, reading a book all day sounds glorious. Get your WO in today though! You know you'll feel better.

Anne, I love the way you call TCB dreamy. I hope his visit works out.

Colleen, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I'm impressed that you worked out though! I would have stayed in bed.

Well, I'm going to rest for a few min before I have to start dinner.

Probably won't be back tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

Colleen, so sorry you are still not feeling well. Stay home tomorrow maybe? Tee ball is twice/week.
Anne, you are so funny talking about TCB - hope you can make some plans soon.
Klaudia, I may get in more wos than you (for now) but I bet I eat more than you too!
Angie, Oreos (dipped in milk!) are a weakness! Chris loves them but I make him take them to work.

Wendy, I am SO excited for your driving test. I know you'll do awesome!!
Kate, when Collin was a baby I used a white noise machine and that helped. I don't know, I'm trying to help but it's been ages since I had a baby!
Nina, you asked about BBL - I am REALLY liking it! All of the workouts are focused on lower body & core but some are more cardio based (cardio axe and bum bum). I did sculpt this morning and that is a lot of compound movements for both upper and lower body.

katie, do you think the wos would help with running (you know, strebngthing the right muscles and all that?) how is work these days?

night angie - sorry for the oreos. i totally stress eat, and it does not feel good. somehow i forget that at the time though.

kate, sorry for the weather there. i think it is always a good idea to get a second opinion from docs about really strict medical advice.

klaudia, a day with a book sounds perfect. sometimes i dream about a vacation like that. sigh....

anne, that wo plus tap sounds great! i would like to "try" meso 3, if you do not mind. i am discouraged by the length. i am loving week 4 of meso 2 with the drop sets and quickie workouts.

colleen, sorry for the cold, but wtg with the wo anyways.

becky, what is the recipe with the pb in it?

wendy, you will do fine with the test, do not worry. i mean, hey, you can deliver a baby - what is hard about driving?;) when dh is gone i have to use my tm to run. better than nothing, but i miss my alone time outside.

our zoo is 20min away, and we have a free pass, so it is fun. there were probably 500 16yos though, on filed trip, so i was a bit of a nightmare trying to keep track of my 2 boys, neither of whom will ride in a storller. ate too much for lunch:eek:, but i will not eat any junk now. off to do my weights in the hopes of an energy boost. dh told me he has to go away next week, and i am really bummed. he just got back! okay, off to do weights before i get upset

thanks for the driving test vibes, ladies!!!

and omigosh i am blocking my ears/eyes because oreos would be the DEATH of me right now. i've already eaten something i shouldn't on the way home from the gym today -- is that not the ultimate sabotage? told myself no/very low carbs while dh is gone because that is way hard to do with him around... and of course since then i am craving sandwiches, pizza, etc. because all i have in the house is proteins, veggies, salad stuff. TTOM is coming and that doesnt help.

bbiab for personals... i hear my bambino!!

Angie - Sorry about the oreo binge. I am the same way when I'm tired. I can't sleep so I eat which is a bad habit of mine.

Katie - Wow, just reading all you do while pg makes my head spin! I could hardly do anything the first 12 weeks. You're doing great and like everyone else said, take it easy when you feel the need and you have no reason to feel bad about it.

Kate - Did you say toddler??? I know, they are growing up so fast. Sorry about all those sleep issues and then Mike being sick. I know I should start cutting back on the nursing and letting her CIO sometimes, but I just haven't been able to yet. She has been pretty good though so I can't complain for the most part. She'll get up once in the early morning and that's it. Hang in there!

Nina - Sorry about the sleep issues. Have you tried doing some unwind yoga right before bedtime? Sorry about DH having to be away. It is hard being a single parent. My DH is leaving for a few days in June for work and I am not looking forward to that either.

Becky - I bought one Jillian dvd and haven't done it very much. Have fun with your grandson today!

Wendy - Sorry about the knee issues. I can feel your frustration. Good luck with the driving test! I am horrible pre TTOM.

Clintoya - Would you like to do my taxes also? I'm done, but just have a few more things to finish up since DH has a business license and I gotta do that stuff which I dread. Of course knowing I have to pay state taxes makes me procrastinate to the very last minute also.

Klaudia - Don't feel bad about being happy your kids are in school. I can totally relate. I am so ready for them to go back after long breaks. And for me long can mean three days! Yay for a day of relaxing!

Colleen - I hope you feel better. I think I have a cold also, but sometimes think it might be allergies. It is hard to tell isn't it?

Anne - Yay for the glowing! Hope TCB can visit again!

I hope I didn't miss anyone! Had my yearly female visit yesterday. She said I'm in the age bracket for my baseline mammogram. Say what? I'm only 36 soon to be 37. I do have 4 more years if I want. I scheduled one, but might cancel it. I know it's only a baseline and then I won't have to do it until I'm 40, but I'm just not feeling it with being so busy. However, maybe I'll just get it over with as much as I'm not wanting to do it. We'll see. Did IMAX2 this am. That was fun. Gotta go shower then off to work. Stopping by the health food store for lunch so I won't be tempted to eat crappy. Either the salad bar or a roasted pepper hummus wrap. Better get going. Work then doing more house hunting after work.

Hi everyone!

Angie, I know, with the time difference, by the time I have been posting, it’s almost time for you to get up :) I hope the cold will go away soon. Do the girls have it too? Sorry about the attack of the oreos – I find that I am the same way, the more tired I am, the less I have control over what I am doing. Just try to put it behind you so it doesn’t affect you tomorrow :)

Kate, sorry about Julia and Mike. Hope he is still feeling a little better. Did you get your car back? How are you hanging in there?

Katie, glad Collin is feeling better! Busy day for you! Have fun at tee ball!

Becky, have fun w/your grandson :)

Nina, glad you all had a nice play date! I hope you

Wendy, good luck w/your test tomorrow!!! I’ll be thinking of you!

Klaudia, glad you got a nice day yesterday!

Anne, hope you and TCB can make that work!!! Good job on working out! When's your tap recital?

Colleen, great job on finding the energy even though you weren’t feeling well. Hope the meeting goes by fast so you can get some rest tonight.

Lisa, no :D I actually did just get a call yesterday from an older lady who had asked me to do her taxes last year. She has been in and out of the hospital from falling and is now w/her daughter, so I have one more set to do :) How old is your youngest dd now?

On the positive note, I have still worked out and been eating right, so that is better than most years! I am sure posting w/you all has helped me a lot! Getting ready to take oldest dd to dance and then willw/o when I get back. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

Clintonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.