((((clean-tidy-tuesday))))

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

I'm in a grouchy mood this morning which means I probably need to work out. Haven't been getting those endorphins I need! I might do a total body/circuit kind of workout. I am thinking Circuit Max... don't think I've done that yet.

The last 24 hours have just been annoying. I'm trying to plan our trip home and a few other things and keep running into problems. I thought I had it all figured out and then found out last night that we can't D3 (stand by travel) during the summer to and from Europe because there is an embargo. So, I'm just thoroughly annoyed. We are now going to go during the girls' spring break which is the last two weeks in April - fine. But my SIL is due with her baby the 2nd week in May... ugh. I'll miss it by two weeks. I might fly back a few weeks later but still - annoying.

Now I'm trying to book airfare for our cruise in Dec but am finding ridiculous fares for our friends who would be flying out of Dallas so now we're thinking of changing the cruise so it sails from FL instead of San Juan. UGH. I'm just annoyed.

Plus, we have nothing to do, nowhere to go, and the kids are just getting on my nerves. I just want to stress eat. :(

Ok, sorry to vent. Just the start to my day. Hopefully I will feel better if I get a WO in. I didn't get a chance to do a stretch y'day b/c Ryan hadn't set it up on our TV for me to do my Fit TV version of stretch max... another UGH. I should just buy it!

OK, I promise I'll come back in a better mood later.

Happy tuesday!
angie

Uggghhhh, Angie, we all have those days. Sounds like you are just spinning your wheels. Go play with the girls, eat right, drink lots of water, do a fun workout, and come back to it another day. Maybe even get the girls to stretch with you. When Collin took his tumbling class last fall, there were lots of stretches that he loved, and he still asks me to stretch with him every few days...

#1 Sit on the floor/mat with the bottoms of your feet touching and drawn it towards your groin. Flap your legs like they are butterfly wings. Then duck down (bend over towards your feet) to avoid getting caught in the butterfly net.

#2 Sit on the floor/mat in a straddle stretch and "make a pizza." Have the girls say what toppings they want on their pizza (Collin always want chicken nuggets, gummies, and marshmallows) and "spread" the toppings over the pizza (the area between your legs). Once your pizza is "decorated" lean over to push it in the oven, then hold it there for a few seconds, then pull it out and eat it.

I promise the girls will thing those are fun, and it will get them involved in something active/fitness related.

Need to get my butt on the TM, be back soon...

Angie, I'm sorry youre feeling so down. When it rains it pours! Just think of how relaxed and hapy you'll be on your vacations. In 10 yrs (hopefully less actually!) you'll look back and laugh! And YOU WILL BE STRONGER BECAUSE OF IT!:D

Katie, Great idea! Have a great run!

--------------
I did it!!! Iwoke up early AGAIN! Just finished sts7. And I hear Julia waking up. Perfect timing!

Kate, you are amazing!! I'm so happy for you! When Collin was Julia's age, I got up and went to the gym from 5-630, home and showered before Frank had to leave for work. Then later in the morning when Collin was ready for nap #1, Mommy laid down too. It's okay to nap!! A tired Mommy is no good to anyone!

Run/walk was about 35 minutes, 3 miles, 300 cals. It felt pretty effortless this morning, despite my indiscretions last night at dinner time:eek:

Today's menu:

b cereal
s banana, almonds
l quiche, salad
s applesauce, 1/2 clif bar
d beef stroganoff, broc

Happy Fat Tuesday!!

I'm off to work in a bit-helping my aunt at her donut shop for the chaos that is Paczki Day. It'll be fun! I do need to keep myself in check-those goodies pack about 600 calories each-and I've been known to eat 1/d dozen!! Plus after my awesome eats yesterday, I had a bowl of ice cream and no workout. I tired to get up early this morning, but couldn't do it. I'll have to try and workout later this afternoon when I get home.

Angie, sorry about the planning issues. Definitely do the stretch-it'll help relieve the tension for sure.

Katie, my girls did those stretches in their preschool dance classes-so cute! Nice workout:)

Kate, you're my idol! Send me that early morning energy! Heck, send me any of your energy-it's boundless!

Hi Anne, Robin, Colleen, and Morris-hope you're ok!

Off to get ready for "work":)

See you tonight!

Katie, Great TM time today! Do you feel like you're getting faster?

Klaudia, Hvae a great day today!
I'm not sure why its clicked for me all the sudden to do AM wo's.:confused: I did get to bed earlier last night (10) so taht helped.

Happy Fat Tuesday..........:DLOL. Around here we should call it, retaining water Tuesday

Angie sorry about your plans being delayed but don't stress eat, workout instead.

Katie I'm glad you are keeping up with your TM.

Kate how did you like your w/o today?

I wanted to go power walking in the park but it's 25 degrees so instead I'll do some kickboxing (Amy Bento In the Ring) plus STS core (med.ball). I received my new red Cathe tubing it had a strap that fits over the top of the door so that I can do pull downs. It's going to be challenging because the red one is really thick.

That menu from y-day I could not eat all of that food so I'm going to trim it down.

1-1/2 bagel 1/2 banana
2-oatmeal and blueberries
3-chicken soup
4-protein bar
5-tilapia and ??

arggg - computer is killing me with our bad storm. i feel so behind and miss you all! now this is a drive by as i have been on the hpone for an hour and ds's are annoyed. bbl for personals.

am run - 10 mil. need to do abs and b and b. eats will squeak today as i fell off the wagon yesterday - i got too hungry and ate too much dry cereal and m and m's. not looking at the scale today, just starting over. kate, did you start am wokrouts??? yeah!!!

katie, great run! just listen to your body.

klaudia, have fun with your family.

robin, 25 degrees sounds good right now.

gotta jump!

robin, i loved the wo today. the incline hammr curls on the bench were fun, tho i need a stronger band next time.
its frezing here too!:mad: i love winter but i am ready for spring! i want to walk outside w/ julia.
have fun in the ring today!;)
is the red tubing tooooo hard? i want to get some. by the last sets of pulls/chins im fried! would be nice to add this in.
yummy lookin' menu! what kind of protein bar are you eating? i want to try angies banana nut clif!

i got to shower! in the morning! feels great!:D
i have a dentist appt today...cleaning. i want to take j to show her off but it would be infinetly easier without her....

b - kashi cinnamon harvest, apple, pb
i dont know on the rest of the day! i have so much clean food and it all looks so good!
d - at mil's. no clue

hellllloooo morris!
tg our mms are gone! i say i buy them for te kids - yeah right!!!:mad:
the cloudy days have been screwing w/ my internet too. makes me crazy mad.
hows it going w/ dh away?

kate, no m and m's for me today. we had a horrid storm and it took out power and internet:( makes me feel so disconnected.dh leaves on friday am - tomorrow we all have the day off together!! i am excited. tonight i am going to dinner with a friend, which will be a treat (but will be clean!).

angie, i hope you feel better soon.

colleen, crazy meetings today??

Good Morning Everyone!

I am really tired this morning and slept a little later than I wanted to. Still managed to get RS in for my workout. It was perfect because I did not have a lot of energy. Today is another work day - I may get yelled at 10:30, out to lunch with coworkers to buy lottery tickets and then 2 back to back meetings at the end of the day.

Kate, have you tried the clif protein builders bars? I found them about a month ago. There aren't many flavors but they have 20g of protein per bar.
Angie, sorry your day has been so frustrating. Planning travel is always a pain especially when you have a group of people.
Katie, I am so jealous of your treadmill. I am hoping it gets warm enough to start running outside soon. Friday will be mid-50s but Saturday the high will be 37.
Klaudia, I have never had a Paczki. It sounds good so enjoy your Fat Tuesday treat.
Morris, sorry about your computer problems. Hope you can get them resolved soon. Good job on this morning's run.

b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: ????
s: I brought a banana, strawberries & yogurt, sugar snap peas, and chopped celery and cucumber
d: pork, potato and veggie

Hey, everybody! I think Kate stole my AM work out mojo because I have been a sleepyhead the last two days. Oh, well, it's another day, right?

Happy Fat Tuesday! And Fat Tuesday it is for me. AF arrived this morning and I am so bloated I can't believe it. I could barely get my wedding ring off this morning to take my shower. I know it will pass, but I'm just generally uncomfortable today.

Kate, how did you know I went to Famous Taco for lunch yesterday? Katie, trust me, Taco Bell has nothin' on Famous Taco. TB is health food, comparatively speaking.

Klaudia, have fun at the baker today! And don't worry if you indulge, Lent starts tomorrow, right?

Morris, no worries! I hope things are going okay with DH away.

Another busy day at work, Colleen?

Robin, good luck with those pull downs. I'm sort of glad I didn't get STS because I'm so "off" about my work outs right now. But maybe it would motivate me. I don't know, it just seems like 3 months is a long time to be sore all the time.

Angie, I'm so sorry about your frustrating morning! I hate when stuff like that happens. The stretching sounds good, it will definitely help you get your head back in a good place.

So, tap class was really fun last night, but he made us work! We did these things called shuffle pull backs, all on one foot. Now, I have a hard enough time doing them when we alternate, but doing them all on one foot was ridiculous! But, it did help with the alternating ones, so I should probably do them more.

Okay, I do have a job....

anne

Morris and Colleen and I were all posting at the same time.

I hope you don't get yelled at, Colleen!

Enjoy dinner tonight, Morris, it sounds great.

anne

yay! i just ordered 3 new classical stretch wo's!:D

a.m. snack was clementine, triscuits mmmmmmmm

colleen, i havent seen those in our stores.
wtg on rs! on little sleepno less!
i hope you dont get yelled at! yikes!

anne, ^5 for tapmax!
lol at fat tuesday! drink lots of water today! i do NOT miss af!

I am STARVING today. I can hardly control my hunger. I ALMOST let DH talk me into going out to mexican for lunch, but I resisted. I have several other lunch meetings this week, so I don't need an extra one. I am home eating my salad and quiche, SCORE!

I am also pretty sore. My traps are aching. I am having a cocktail of ice water and Advil with my lunch. I need to do some good stretching this evening.

Kate, have fun at the dentist!
Colleen, I agree, I can't wait for warmer weather so I can take some runs outside.
Robin, I don't think I've ever not been able to eat all my food.
Anne, your tap class sounds fun!
Morris, sorry about computer issues.

Katie I'll join you in that cocktail.

Guess who was crying on my shoulder..Tracey. Not only did her boytoy drop her so did her job in NC. She is a LPN and she told her agency that she was going to NY to see about her sick son (he is bipolar) and guess who came down to NC during the time when she went to NY. Yes her sick son. Someone from the agency saw him and spoke to him to see how he was doing. Long story short she was fired yesterday when she went back to work. You see what goes around comes around. So now she is packing up her apartment so that she can move in with her mother (Irene).

:mad:what kind of mother would lie about her sick son just to be with a boyfriend :mad:

I may need a stronger cocktail maybe some chocolate and rum-coke

Last edited:
Kate which ones? You know I love CS!! I eat SpecialK protein bars.

Morris those m&ms will get ya every time. Enjoy your dinner.

Colleen you did good with RS and low energy.

Anne if I did not buy the whole set of STS I would have just brought one meso at a time. Do you practice tap at home during the week?

Katie your traps are sore from those monster pushups.:)

katie, i have been crazy-hungry this wk! maybe sts is catching up w/ us??? good job on a healthy lunch!

robin, booo to tracey but yay for karma! what a wierd situation:confused:
i got the 2 newer essentrics ones - looks like her dd is teaching them. and a lower body/abs one. it was either pay $14 to ship, or get a 3rd for $20 and w/ 3 shipping is free. i got 3!:cool: $6 difference - no brainer for me!

-------------
clean lunch done! salad and 1/2 turkey sandwich, plain.
leaving for dentist soon so i cant eat!:p i packed a kids clif to eat post-dentist.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.