clean&tidy thursday

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Sorry my posts have been so sporadic. Study time is what I'm using the computer for these days since the girls are home. I just don't have as much time.

I never got a "recovery" wo in y'day. Just were gone all day and then by the time the girls were in bed, I spent some time with Ryan and a couple hours studying.

This morning I went to the gym for week 2, day 2 of c25k. Knees are still OK but we'll see when I get to run for longer than 90 seconds at a time.:rolleyes:

I hope to get insanity max recovery in today as well but we'll see. Since we're not watching TV, it's hard to occupy the girls for that long of a period. Plus, while they're occupied and playing, I need to be studying...

I'm SOO sorry that all of you are sick. I hope you're all resting and feeling better.

I'll try to check in a little later!

Morning Angie! Goodness gracious, no TV in your house for Lent?? I am ashamed to say I am not sure my family would survive that. We aren't couch potatoes, but we DO love TV! Hope you get some studying in and maybe another workout. You are so lucky to have two so they can play with and occupy each other. Collin REALLY needs a sibling!

Well, back to work for me today. Still lots of mucus in my nose/throat/chest and I still have no voice but I feel fine physically. The coughing at night is disrupting my sleep somewhat, but I feel rested this morning. I have court this afternoon - hope I am not asked to speak! I hope my employer is ashamed to have put so much pressure on their employees that they come to work like this. BTW, I am not contagious.

Again, I feel fine but I decided that I would not workout until I had been on meds for at least 24 hours. So either tonight or tomorrow am I will do something. The good news is my eats have been pretty good this week!

Katie, I'm glad you're feeling marginally better. I would hold off on the WO for another day or two. Don't push your body. And no TV is going to be hard for us for sure! We watch a lot, regularly (Lost, Fringe, Heroes, Biggest Loser, 24, American Idol). It's going to be really hard... that's kind of the point though... :) I hope your day goes ok. And yes, you're right. I'm so glad the girls have each other to play with!! Siblings are a blessing for sure!

Morning clean-ettes

angie you are a brave girl. My pastor said yesterday if you give up or even cut back on tv time you have to find a positive substitute. That's the hard part, but you can do it.

Katie Collin will have a sibling sooner than you think.:) Take it easy today at work.

I got everything done yesterday except a workout.
Today I have a long day at work and tomorrow we are suppose to get our bonus.:)

Have a great day if I'm not able to check in later.

Hi Girls !!

Angie- Good for you , giving up TV !!! Sometimes I KNOW I watch too much and the time would be much better spent . Keep us posted how it's going for you. I bet it will be a positive experience. At least for the most part !;)

Katie- I'm glad you are on the mend . but take it slow !!! Those things tend to hang or or even come back if you push too hard, too fast .

Robin- YAY on the bonus !!!!!!!!!:):):)

I did disc 19 yesterday & one hour of yoga (twisting poses) in the afternoon.
That all felt good so today I think I'll do cardio.

Becky

This illness is flat out disgusting. All my girls are fine thank goodness. But I am on Day2 of it and yuck. Just plain yuck. As soon as I eat anything, out it comes. And I consider myself lucky if I have time to make it to the bathroom. Mike woke up in the night with it. Aren't we a romantic couple? Thank goodness we have more than 1 toilet!

Angie, Once you're out of the TV habit you won't evenmiss it - I promise!:)
Glad the running is progressing well for you!

Katie, Sorry you have to go to work! That really stinks!

Robin, Bonus! Awesome! Hope its a good one!

Becky, Nice WOs! I'm jealous!:p

-
off to get my waking baby - doesn't she know I don't want to move yet?!:p

good morning ladies!!

katie, glad you are feeling better. take it easy, kay?

angie, does exercise dvds count as tv??? glad you had a good run.

becky, great wos yday! what yoga wo did you do?

robin, what is on tap for you today?

my friend from maine is coming to visit in less than 2 weeks (different friend than the one i saw this week). she is a horse vet, not married, no kids. hoepfully she can put up with my household. boys were so good yday. we played outside all afternoon. eats were spot on. i had a great run this am, and i will do some abs and or legs or yoga later. errand max this am:rolleyes:bbiab

Nina, That's great your friend is coming! Hope it goes well! How long is she staying?
I'm jealous of your WOs too!:D And your errandmax! I need to do errands so bad but I can't be away from the toilet that long!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kate, you poor thing, just rest, okay? I know it's hard, but that's what your body needs right now.

Nina, how fun to have your friend visit. I think she'll love being part of your household for a few days.

Becky, great work outs. What cardio are you doing today?

Robin, ka-ching! Don't you love getting a bonus?

Katie, good luck at work today. I agree--hold off on the work outs for a couple days so you don't relapse.

Angie, no TV is ambitious, way to go. I need to do that, too, but I'm not quite ready. Maybe when the weather warms up.

Lisa, I had to laugh when you said you were freezing b/c it's in the 60's. The sun is out here today and I was happy because it's 28 and doesn't feel all that cold to me! It's all relative, isn't it?

Clintonya, thanks for the rationalization. I did sleep in this morning and I'm not going to worry about it. 5 work outs in a week, plus two tap classes is good enough.

Colleen, I know your street is cleared, has the snow started to melt yet?

Klaudia, I'm glad you had fun at the bakery the other day.

Hi drBecky! I hope the ICU isn't too rough on you.

Okay, I'm excited for book club tonight. None of the folks who will be there have seen my new hair yet. And they'll gush. I'm so vain, but I love gushing. And I'm wearing a super cute outfit too. It does make you feel better when you look good, doesn't it?

Okay, I have to get organized and figure out what needs doing before I leave. I don't have to wake to an alarm clock again until March 1!

anne

OK I haven't done cardio- at least not yet. I did Disc 20 Legs tri-sets. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!
I'll still do cardio, maybe a CC or iCYCLE on the bike ?? Or on the TM ??

I'm just trying to make up workouts since I missed Mon & Tuesday. I think I'm going to the gym Saturday morning with my son and we'll do cardio. I'm going to introduce him to coach Sean !! :) :)

Kate- oh boy do I know what you mean about that sickness ! ICK!!!!!! I honestly would run for the bathroom and pray on the way !!!!!! I hope you feel better soon ! and Mike too. It's much harder when you have little ones to care for .

Nina- I did the free workout from yogatoday. It was all twisting poses and they really got in there !

Better get going.......

Becky

Anne, Not vain, just honest!:) Everybody likes compliments!
Lisa's coldness made me LOL too!:D Isn't it beautiful here this AM? The sun is woooonderful!
I'm excited for your cruise! We need to figure out a lunch or dinner time when youget back!

Hi Everyone!

DH and I went out for dinner last night and I pigged out. I feel gross today and have resolved that Lent must be cleaning eating. I dragged myself out of bed to do STS Disc 17 Legs. I was sweating like crazy during this workout probably because of the poor eating last night. This afternoon I go to the doctors to have my ankle checked. I think it is getting better but I just want to be sure.

Lisa, when summer is over 60 degrees feels cool to me. Although right now I could use a 60 degree day just to give me hope that this snow and cold weather will go away.
Anne, the snow is melting very slowly. Our highs have been in the mid-30s so it has kept the melting slow.
Kate, so sorry about the stomach but - hope you feel better soon.
Katie, don't overdo it and try to get back to your workouts too quickly.
Robin, I love bonuses. Hope you get a lot.
Nina, I think your friend will survive your household. It's nice that she is coming to visit.
Angie, I applaud you for giving up TV. I try to just watch my favorite shows and nothing else unless it's the news. It doesn't always work but it has forced me to get more done around than house.
Becky, did you do a yoga DVD or just poses on your own?

Becky, Thanks for the kind words!
TriSets were a lot of fun! WTG w/ your good WOs!

Colleen, Sorry for the bad night of eats! I could go for a huge cheeseburger, a big ol' mess of fries and a real cherry coke!:D:D:D
Hope the Dr thinks your ankle is ok!

-
Can I vent? Mike has the SAME thing I had/have....and he's sleeping in the LazyBoy! Um, I still had to drag myself out of bed to care for 3 kids, make breakfast, get G off to school, do laundry, etc... This is so frustrating to me. We have ZERO in the fridge and I desperately need to get groceries. If I could leave the kids here w/ him I could hopefully manage Meijer without crapping my pants:eek: but there is no way I have enough strength to tote the 2 little ones around a grocery store. ok, rant over....I will be a nice wife now....maybe...:p

venting here, and sorry if tmi, but, i am soooo mad at myself. went to target and was trying on clothes. i got a VERY discourAging view of my back side. what do i do? i bought a package of cookies and ate 1/2 on the way home. i am so disgusted with myself. now, i have thrown out the rest, but why oh why did i even do that? i have only myself to blame!!! i am very frustrated and irritateed.

kate, hugs to you. yes, men are such babies when sick. can you call in some help, even just for laura or someone to go to the store for you?

colleen, sorry for the rough night.

anne, have a great time at book club, and look fabulous for me!!

Good morning!

Angie, the studying can take up lots of time! Glad your knees are still doing ok :)

Kate, this sickness just needs to go away for you!!! I understand about the dh frustration :)

Katie, glad you are feeling a little better-take it easy!

Robin, hope you are having a good day at work, and yea for a bonus!!

Anne, you will look fabulous-nothing wrong w/being happy w/how you look :)

Colleen, glad your ankle is feeling better, but it is good to get it checked out.

Becky, glad you are still feeling better. Great wo yesterday!

Nina, it is fine, don’t worry about it, it’s just part of one day, regroup and try to put it out of your mind so you can try to have a good rest of the day :) That’s great that you will get to see another friend!

Hi to everyone else! bbl.

Clintonya

Hi girls!

Spent the morning shopping with my neighbor-we went to TJ Maxx and Old Navy. I actually bought 2 pairs of jeans, 2 shirts, and a scarf now let's see if I keep them! Never worked out yesterday and was asleep around 9:15! I think I was still tired from Tuesday. So today is legs. Am I a bad Orthodox for wanting to ditch this fast? My heart isn't in it-I wouldn't be doing it for the right reasons and I don't think I could eat that way for 40 days and workout. I know vegans do it all the time, but we don't have the money to have me eating one way and the rest of the family another. Wow, I'm such a whiner!!

Angie, I'm with Katie, we don't watch tons of tv, but we do love our shows:) It would definitely be hard to give up. Glad to hear the knees are holding up to your running.

Katie, rest!! I say go sneeze in your employer's face!;)

Robin, I need to get to JCP-I have $10 of free money to use up!

Becky, good job on the workouts!

Kate, so sorry for your runs!;) I hope you start feeling better soon! And I hope Mike realizes you're just as sick and need teh help too.

Nina, yay for visiting friends! My bf is looking to move back to MI from Canada n the next few months-I can't wait-even if she'll probably be an hour away! THose lights at Target are EVIL!! Do not base your appearance on them!! I will feel svelte, go there and try on a bathing suit and want to cry! You are beautiful, strong, and look fantastic in whatever you wear!

Anne, it's not vain! You've worked hard and wearing a cute outfit and having a great hairstyle are well deserved perks! Have fun tonight!

Colleen, I much prefer your version of Lent to mine! Good luck at the doctor!

Hi Clintonya!

Kate- I just got Pure Barre Pershing Square 1 in the mail ! I got it at Amazon.com. Cannot WAIT to try it ,but wouldn't you know I've already done TWO workouts today!!!:confused::(

Disc 20 Legs
and
CC # 2 on the TM

And I'm doing the 3 month STS rotation- so I'm not sure where I'll fit it in right now . :( But at least I have it !!! I still want to get a few of the CS's too, but where to fit them in , in rotations ???:confused:

klaudia, i hear ya on the eating different from the fam. i was thinking of you and your fast and how i could try something like that and decided if i was not married with kids i could do it. without everyone else on board, no way. who would eat the leftovers? just would not work. also, i know i need more protein. i do not think you are a whiner. what about 1 or 2 fasting days a week? we are going for meatless fridays for sure. maybe i will try to ditch the dairy that day too. vegan stuff is really expensive though:confused:

becky, don't you hate when new wos ruin a rotation? why not just sub pure bar for an existing wo? i know you will still get results.

clintonya, thanks for the kind words!!

naptime for kiddos. i already did core and legs but will do some yoga in a bit i think. bbl

hi ladies, i am feeling much better. just a cold, not the terrible belly sick you have all had =(

b - oats/apples/pecans
l - ham and cheese on wheat w/ that muffelata relish i made the other day
dinner will be steaks, mashed cauli/pot/carrots and broc or salad

yday was decent but for the pc of pumpkin cake (no frosting tho). thankfully, it is mostly gone due to dh and ods and his friends...
b was same as today
l - scrambled egg on wheat with salsa
d - shrimp/veg stirfry with br rice

went to the gym today and it was not my best wo because i was trying to figure everything out still. did 5mins on bike then leg press, ham curl, quad extension, abductor, adductor, pec fly and rear delt fly. then 25mins on the bike again. My plan was to alternate 5-10mins on bike with a quick circuit thru the machines 3-4x but it just took me so long today to set everything up properly, figure out what weight, etc. that sohuld get smoother as time goes on, i hope...

kate, ikwym abt dh, its like life stops when they aresick. for us theres still kids, housework, etc!!!

nina, thats FAB you have a guest coming! im sure se will be ok with your fam, the boys will be super excited to have someone new around, maybe they'll be on their best behavior =)

kl, we dont have anything like lent. during yom kippur we fast for 24 hours but thats it all year.

colleen, hope you're ankle is healing well. sorry for the pigout and ikwym abt feeling it later when you wo.

robin, YIPPPEEEEEE for bonus!!! i'll pm you my address...

katie, go cough on your boss!! take it easyon yourself and don't wo until you REALLY feel you are yourself again. going to work is wo enough when you are still sick!

hi clintonya! whats up with you today?

becky, lol @ introducing your son to coach sean, I always think about how HOT he is but i guess guys would like cc too =)

anne, i am so so so excited for you! and a little jealous, too... say hi to edie carey, steve earle and emmylou!! what a blast that will be, enjoy =)

Wendy, I'll be sure to tell them. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Nina, I think vegan once a week is a good idea. Vegetarian chili might be a good way to go.

Klaudia, no worries if you're not into the fast. I like Nina's idea of doing it once a week.

Becky, your new work outs sound like fun. Can you try them during the active recovery week?

Kate, yes, we'll have to do lunch or dinner when I get back. We didn't get to visit much at the class--fun as it was.

Clintonya, your pics on FB are just beautiful.

Colleen, I'm going out to dinner tonight and will remember your experience. I have tap afterward, so don't want to eat too much before I do all that jumping around. I hope you're feeling better this afternoon.

Okay, 2 more hours at work and then I'm free. Free!, free!, free! I tell you!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.