:::::::::: cLEAN & tidy TGIFriday ::::::::::

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Thank goodness it's FRIDAY!!

Tell us about your menu & workout plans for today AND the rest of the weekend?

Got anything fun planned for this weekend?

Have a GREAT Friday everyone! Keep it clean and DRINK YOUR WATER!

;-)

I love three day work weeks! I could get used to this! Can you believe they are making me work FIVE whole days next week??:D

Thankfully I am not as sore this morning -- it's definitely there, but not as bad as it was. I am ready to give my all to Gym Styles Back, Biceps, and Shoulders! Oh yes, and I missed abs last night (unexpected visitor), so I need to tack that on today.

Here is the menu plan...

B protein shake w/strawberries
S cheese, crackers, apple slices
L cereal (can't think what else I have in my house...)
S banana, protein bar
D grilled chicken, wild rice, green beans

Not sure what the plan for this weekend is -- Collin is going with his grandparents (his Dad's parents) tomorrow at mid-day thru Sunday afternoon, so I will have some free time. I will keep it clean tomorrow morning for sure, may have a cheat meal for dinner. Workout will be 4DS KBX, DM cardio drills, and BBC Lower Body.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Katie and all who follow!

The banquet wasn't too bad. I had a small portion of rigatoni and a small salad w/unclean dressing. I ate some leftover chicken breast strips when I got home b/c I needed more protein. Well, that's when all H*LL broke loose. I decided I would eat the last truffle and the last 2 pieces of butterscotch cheesecake squares and the last peanut butter ball. How's that for a sweettooth?! I've come to the realization I am better off staying away from sweets b/c I don't know when to stop. I went to bed feeling terrible. On another note, I am starting P90X+ Doubles rotation today. I am looking forward to it. I'll probably throw in some other cardio/legs after a couple weeks with the rotation. That's what I did the first time I did P90X. I followed the basic format but would substitute one of my gazillion dvd's I was missing. I love the variety of different workouts. I understand how you feel not wanting to stray from Cathe, but after so many years with Cathe I needed the change. I'll tell you more about the workouts as I do them.

Katie, It's terrible that you have to work 5 days next week.;) Your menu looks great; enjoy your workout today. Tomorrow's workout plans looks great!

Kate, I hope you had a good night's ahem sleep. ;) You are too funny! Enjoy today and I am so happy you brought your lap top. :)

Steph, I'm going to check out dailyplate and thanks for your expertise. :)

Jenn, I never really followed rotations, however, once I started following rotations my results improved. Let's both have a sweet free day today.

Hi Robin and Colleen!

Gotta run, I'll be back.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I am changing my menu...

B protein shake w/strawberries
S cheese, crackers, apple slices
L chicken and black beans
S banana, Fiber One bar (look out!)
D grilled chicken, wild rice, green beans

We ran short on time this morning with the workout. Chris kept standing around looking lost and half asleep, so most times Cathe was starting the set and Chris hadn't even picked up a weight. So I would stop, back up, and start over once he got his sh*t together. I love that he works out with me, but hate when he holds me up!!

So, I did Back, Shoulders, and Abs, will hit Biceps tonight before bed.

Steph, thanks for the advice last night. Can you tell me the nutritional info for an average boneless, skinless chicken breast? I eat that a LOT.

Kate, how was the sexercise last night?? }( }( }(

Good morning, Shirl! You snuck in while I was typing, then editing all my typos!! Props to you for the P90X rotation -- not sure if I could handle that!

Morning everyone and happy Friday. Nice short week.

Enjoy your free time Katie. I like that idea of a cheat meal. I may plan that for tonight, without guilt.

No w/o today and my doms is much better. I may need to increase my shoulder weight selection for next week.

Tomorrow I have to have the repair man in again,do my w/o, do the laundry, take the dog to get groomed, clean the house, then maybe I'll have five minutes to relax. Having pets is like having extra children.

Menu:
b-oatmeal and berries
s-pear and cheese
l-grill chicken and brocoli
s-protein bar
d-Cheat meal
:D

Oh by the way you can not freeze rom. lettice :+ :+
but you can freeze collard greens.

Katie, Glad you have a kid-free weekend. We are achin to go away at least for a night by ourselves, but it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future. Sorry about your workout! That would make me super grumpy. Sometimes I'm glad I workout alone, other times I wish Mike would join me. Good luck w/ that Fiber1 bar! haha

Shirl, Sorry abou thte sweet tooth. I have to MAKE myself keep out of the kitchen at night. Question: Does anyone know when you splurge? I never splurge in front of DH - I hate to admit that there are times when I don't keep in control. Oddly enough, it's harder for me to eat clean when I'm all by myself. Have fun w/ your new rotation - we wish you awesome results!

Robin, I fing it really hard to increase shoulder weight. I keep meaning to order the plate mates to add on so I can up my weights slowly. Goin' from 8s to 10s seems impossible, or 5s to 8s, depending on the exercise. Good lookin', menu today. I love pears! Busy Sat. for you. What are you getting repaired? I don't know how you do it - keeping up a house and raising 2 kids and working. You're wonderwoman! Thanks for doing the test run on romaine for us! What's your cheat meal?!

We'll be leaving for the lodge restaurant soon for b'fast - better get going - I'm taking my apple or a banana. I'm DYING to get back to my water!!!! I'll probably wait to w/o til I get home - B&G.

Have a great morning!

Good morning cLean and tidy friends!!!

TGIF! Its warmer here today, only -4, woohoo! Good walking weather.

Robin, enjoy your rest day, sounds like tomorrow you might need one too. What kind of dog do you have? They are like having kids, i have 2 and man, i dont know what will happen when i do have kids. I think you can freeze collards, i know you can freeze spinach, they are similar.

Katie, BC lower body, i've been eyeing that one. Is it the original BC or the 4D BC? Oh, and for 4oz chicken breast, 134 cals/27g pro/1g fat

Shirl, good job last night. Its so hard for me with portion control as well, the problem with avoidance is that when we do 'allow' some, we go crazy! I had read that adding a treat 4x/week is a nice way to avoid binging behaviour. And i want full reviews of P90X, i'm curious too.

Kate, i hope you had a good night :)

Tonight i think i'm gonna do original BC cardio only, and core tonight.
Today is the day i add more fat/protein, i'm nervous. My weight is sitting at 129 this morning, and before Christmas i was 127, so here goes nothing right?
B: you know it
s: quark, 1 s PP, 20 almonds
L: corn chowder, carrots/celery, hummus, apple
S: wasa toast and almond butter
d: steamed veggies, lentils, tomato, tons of garlic
s: yogurt/kamut puffs
BBL
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

Not feeling that great this morning so I did not workout. Probably shouldn't be here at work but I have too much to do to get sick. Hopefully I can muddle through today and rest this weekend.

Robin you have a busy day tomorrow. I don't know how you do it all.
Shirl please keep us posted on P90X. My birthday is in Feb. so I might try it. Sorry about the sweet attack. I got a lot of dark chocolate for Christmas and I found eating one piece a day helps to keep the cravings in check
Katie sorry about your workout this morning. Maybe you should give Chris a shot of jolt before the workout :)
Steph I think the fat and protein will make you feel full so you don't eat as much.
Kate I hope you get back to your water too. Isn't funny how water can taste so different?

b: oatmeal
l: grilled chicken salad
s: strawberries w/ yogurt
d: tbd

Colleen

Hi ladies,

I have had a quite a morning, while taking my shower and having a head full of shampoo the water went out. We are assuming its a frozen pipe, buried under all of the snow. So today we need someone to come in dig out the frozen snow and dirt to get to the water line and figure out what to do from there. Luckily I had bought a big thing of water so I rinsed my hair as best I could and we are able to brush our teeth. But needless to say I took the day off.

Shirl have fun with your new rotation. I will try to have a sweet free day but I can't promise anything.

I did buy some dark choc squares 70% cocoa. They are Guylian dark belgian chocolates. For 6 squares is 160 cals, 12g fat 7g sat fat, 12g carb, 4g fiber, 10g sugar, 2g protien. This I think qualifys as a clean treat. :7 I hope they taste yummy.

Kate did you have enjoyable evening? ;-)

Robin looks like you will be busy. Hope you can find some time to relax.

Everyones menus look awesome.

So far menu is
B-5 slices of center cut bacon. Coffee.
S-probaley not will just go straight to lunch
L-crab cakes and salad.
S-?
D- I have no clue. Maybe a pork chop, potatoe and veg.

Jenn

Katie enjoy your kid free weekend. I always miss my stepdaughter when she's not here. :-( She will be 10 this month and she's just a goof, she constantly makes me and DH laugh.

I think I might copy your workout for today. I was thinking of 4DS KB, so maybe I will add the drills also and get an awesome cardio workout. ;-)

Steph I think I'm going to look into the daily plate. I have subscription to SELF and they have a free online food diary also.

Hi Colleen feel better, try not to work to hard.

UGH!!! I had typed a bunch and it disappeared! How does this happen?!

Steph - -4 IS WARMER?! I wouldn't leave my house!

Colleen - Sorry you're not feeling well.(((hug)))

Jenn - Frozen pipe? YUCK! My DH is a plumbing contractor and our guys hate these service call so much! If all I had until lunch was 5 pc. of bacon I'd binge for sure! You & Katie have an awesome workout planned

Off to go swimming in the outdoor pool!!!!

Kate, swimming in the OUTDOOR pool? Hope you are having a good time!! I have a laptop too, and I type a bunch and then it disappears too. I think that the cursor jumps, and when you type again, it just all disappears.

Steph, thanks for the info on the chicken. Good luck with the food modifications today! And stay warm!

Robin, busy busy weekend planned. MAKE some time for yourself! I am sorry to say that I sometimes neglect my doggie because other things seem so important.

Colleen, feel better! Hope you make it thru the day okay.

Jenn, your morning/shower incident sounds like a nightmare! Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

My clean lunch is cooking and smells YUMMY! I took one can of black beans, drained off all the starchy liquid, then threw that in a pot. Squeezed in the juice from one lime, a handful of chopped cilatro, and some leftover chicken from the fridge! Between that and the Fiber One bar, LOOK OUT today & tonight!!

Also, I got a check in the mail for $550 for child support! It's about damn time! Hopefully it will start coming more regularly...

Katie, You're gonna be one gassy lassy! Your lunch sounds great! The outdoor pool wasn't very warm, but it gave me a good excuse to stay active to keep warm!

We're on our way home and Gina is CRANKY! We need to eat and DH wants to do drive-thru so that means grilled chicken sandwich for me. I'll ask for extra lettuce and tomato, no mayo, etc. and I don't eat the bun. I have an apple with me too. AND WATER!! WONDERFUL GLORIOUS ICE WATER!

Breakfast was clean - fruit and granola w/ milk. It was delicious. No AM snack - too busy packing.

Hope you all are having a good day!

YAY Katie! How often is that supposed to come? I don't remember you postin gmuch about Collin's dad. Is he completely MIA w/ Collin? My folks are divorced and my dad was a HUGE jerk while we were younger. Not too much has changed actually... Glad you guys have Chris.

Yes good for you and Collin Katie. Some think that it doesn't cost much to raise a kid.

Feel better Colleen

Steph I have a party colored mini-poodle. He has three colors, grey, white and tan. They say that he is not "show quality", but who cares.

Thanks Kate for the wonderwoman comment. Sometimes I feel like three different people. This is why I get up early to exercise and have my time.

Sorry about the pipes problems Jenn, if it's not one thing it's another. My kitchen sink is back-up and even draino can't losen it up. x(

Wow 6 squares of dark chocolate for 160cal?:9 :9 :9

Robin, Being a plumbers wife has many drawbacks but there many benefits too. Do you have a double-bowl sink? Plug one side so that it seals the air off to it. On the other side use a plunger on it. this gets tricky to explain: The side that you have the plunger on...put the plunger on the drain hole and fill the bowl with water about halfway. Start plunging like crazy. This should loosen it up. Your water will go down and clear the clog away. Hope this helps..let me know if you need further explanation..

I'm sneaking in before i go grab an afternoon coffee!! i'm craving it.

Robin, who cares about show quality dogs, as long as you love them! My 2 are adopted, and cute, and dont need any grooming, thank god!

Jenn, i'm sorry about the bad morning too, if you own a home, it can be a nightmare, one day, i'll type out my first home buying story, and you'll all freak its so bad.

Kate, sounds like you had a good time, cranky kids and all. Too bad it wasnt 2 nights. Here's a TMI for you, i almost overflowed the toilet this morning..and my first thought was, i need to get Kate's husband to help me :)
Steph

Robin, our danes aren't show-worthy either. In fact Annie we got super cheap because the breeder said she wasn't show quality and no onw would want her. When we went back to get her the breeder said that more people wanted her than any other puppy she's ever had! And while Mufasa isn't show-worthy he is SO SWEET. He ahs the best nature any pup could have. Ge this: when we droped him off at the kennel yesterday my 7-month-old puppy weighed 122 LBS!!! Awesome! He's a huge little beast. He already can completely rest his chin on the dining room table...almost on the countertop. Annie could get anything she wanted - Even standing to get to the top of the fridge!

Steph, Anxious to hear your story. Wish we could've gone for 2 nights too but 1 is all DH can manage to get away right now. Yesterday we just got 3 huge contracts so permits need to get started, material ordered, etc. Need to hire 2 new guys too. Tons of paperwork for me. As it is DH has been on the phone NONSTOP. I get really annoyed by it sometimes and other times I feel bad that I get annoyed and should feel grateful that he is a good DH and father, provider, etc. Any of you marrieds do this too? He has no outside hobbies that take away his time, he doesn't smoke or drink or even swear. He's home for dinner almost every night. Okay, I feel like a jerk now. Anyway...re the overflowing toilet: Ooops! Happens over here all the time.....daily when I was pregnant!

I'm hungry!!! Lunch wasn't enough - will have something when we get home - 1.5 hours to go!!!! The cleaning lady came this AM so I'll have a sparkling clean house when I get home - YAY!

See ya!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.