////////// cLEAN & tidy monday \\\\\\\\\\

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Good Monday Morning, ladies!

-How was your weekend?

-What workout is planned for today?

-What does the menu look like today?

-Are you weighing in today?

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What do you wear to workout in?
I thought this might be interesting, since probably no one sees us while we work out except for SOs and children.

My weekend was good, pretty laid back, can't complain.

Workout for today and the rest of the week are as follow:

MON Step Blast (for the 1st time!)
TUE 4DS Leg Premix / Core
WED GS Chest & Triceps
THU Low Max
FRI GS Back, Shoulders, & Biceps / Core
SAT Step, Jump, & Pump step & hi/lo premix / Butts & Guts floorwork

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got lots of good stuff for the week. I think I may have finally convinced Chris to eat a bit healthier and more often thru the day! He is the type that eats fast food and cookies all day every day and stays rail-thin. Here is what I am thinking for today...

B cereal
S cheese, crackers, apple slices
L grilled chicken & veggies
S banana, Kashi bar
D why can't I remember what I bought??

Weight this morning was 137.5, which is right about where I was this time last week. I am really really happy with that, and my body LOOKS fabulous and leaner, muscles looking bigger!

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
I thought this would be interesting since there has been so much discussion lately about the clothes that we wear. Kate I believe wears Nike clothes only (no shoes, of course), Colleen's DH ruined her capris in the laundry, Steph wears New Balance shoes, and so on...

As for me, I work out in sports bra, NO SHIRT, and shorts, socks, and Ryka Cross Trainer XTs. When I lift, I usually wear pants instead of shorts, and plain white t-shirt.

Have a great day everyone!!

too tired.......need. more. sleep.......zzzzzzzzzz

Katie, Have fun w/ SB! I did it last night - definetly a trickier one! I need to do it more often so I learn the steps better. Good workouts planned! Good luck w/ Chris too! Mike eats out ALL THE TIME and it drives me crazy. Not necessarily fast food - he does lots of business breakfasts and lunches, but that stuff is not healthy if you're not super diligent about it. What kind of Kashi bar do you eat? THe couple kinds I bought taste like cardboard and I threw them out. ^5 on feeling lean & muscly!

my cardio attire: yes, I'm a Nike fan & barefoot
weights: Nike fan & barefoot (I wear w/o capris for weights too!)
I made a mental note to wear my shoes (Nikes, of course) for SB next time I do it. All the twisting TORE my feet up last night!

My weight was the same this morning - Katie, we're in the same boat.

menu: YAY! Back to normal schedule!
b - wheat chex, apple
s - banana, All Bran crackers
l - grilled chicken salad w/ SALSA!! yummmmm
s - apple???
d - at inlaws for DH's bday dinner: roast w/ all the trimmings

Should be easy to eat clean at dinner - I'm sure she'll make lots of veggie sides. Hold the gravy, no bread. The roast will be dry, but oh well, I guess.

w/o will be GS C&T after kids go to bed.

Steph, feel free to call today - I'll have my phone w/ me all day. BUt actually you probably want to wait til you're home so DH can talk you thru a few things. We'll chat tonight for sure!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Menu is modified slightly:

Switched my fruits, banana w/ b, apple w/ AM snack
I also added 10 pistachios w/ my breakfast. I told myself I needed the fat/protein to keep cravings in check this morning...what do you think?

Everybody sleepin' in this morning?!

Question: Is it just me or do any of you feel guilty for spending money on nice workout clothes when truly no one sees you when you workout? In the brief time I went to the gym I didn't mind spending $$ on new clothes but working out at home I feel like its a waste of money....but I love the cute clothes!!! Any thoughts?

Nuts are a good choice, Kate!

Step Blast was tricky, but I picked up pretty quickly. I did not do the challenge though, not quite ready for that yet!!

I think dinner tonight will be cheese tortelini w/marinara sauce and veggies.

Kate, the only things I spend money on are sports bras and shoes. I MUST have a good supportive bra with DD girls, and shoes with good cushion and support. I've had a Jones fracture in my left foot twice, so I must be careful!

Kate, I bought cherry dark chocolate Kashi bars, never tried them though. I'm scared now -- maybe I should take a Fiber One bar just in case it's gross!!

Have a great day, be back at lunch time!! Wish me a productive day at work!

Good morning cLean and tidy peeps!

Kate, i'm so sorry, i kept checking in all day, then feel asleep like a big loser last night, and DH got on the computer and i couldnt check back to see if you were home!! I may try to give you a call from work, sometimes the long distance codes work, sometimes they dont. I dont want you to think i dont appreciate your help, because i truely do, its above and beyond. And i just really want to chat!

Katie, congrats on the weight! Great workout, great menu. You will have a great day at work too, for sure!

Kate, menu looks yumm too, back to normal. I used to workout bare foot, but my back didnt like that too much over time. A good pair of shoes truely makes all the difference.

In terms of clothes, my fav workout clothes are lululemon. i think you get them in the US as well. They are the best, and make your butt look hot! A bit pricey, i treat myself to one thing/year, and i've washed those pants weekly since last December, and they look like new. I look like a bag of crap when i workout usually otherwise.

My stupid shoulder is bugging me, i think i pulled something last Tuesday, and of coarse kept lifting cause i'm stupid! I'll have our physio look at it today.

Workout, KPC/KBX, and core
Menu: i'll let you know, i'm heading to whole foods after a meeting. I write monthly for the newspaper, and they are featuring me in a vegetarian editorial next week, i think i have to do a grocery tour/photo thing with them today.
BBL
Steph

Looks like it's me and you this AM, Katie! Good for you on SB! The end is the best part - you'll love it when you get it! I've never had tortellini before. Regarding the girls: My sisters have dubbed me president of the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Committee)! I remember nursing though and how bad it hurt to do Hi-impact then! Let me know on the Kashi bar - I've never tried that kind before. Hope your work day is good.

btw, DH has nick-named me Camel for all of the water I drink!:) What cracks me up even more about that is that my dad's family is Lebanese and my bro and I call eachother Camel Jockey!:+

Steph - there you are - snuck in while I was tyoing back to Katie!, No worries on the toilet calling - hopefully it will work out today! Maybe I should wear my shoes..... I'll check out lululemon online today. Sorry about your shoulder....I hate that! TOO COOL on the article!! That's awesome!

Morning all. I did not sleep well last night, it's TTOM so I did not w/o this morning x(

I have to w/o this afternoon or I will have trouble sleeping again.

I wear cute Target-designer wear (LOL) and nike sneakers. I wear cloths that fit well because I'm top heavy. My support bras I spend time buying.

That's good Katie you getting Chris to eat heathier and I love tortelini. Does one serving of tortelini low in calories?

Kate good luck with your in-laws.

b-oatmeal
s-cheese and nuts
l-chicken soup
s-one bran
d- chicken breast and veggie

Quick check in this morning; I'm running behind!

I workout in anything from jammies, to shorts and a sports bar. When I work I wear turbowear, nike, adidas, champion and more.

I weighed myself and measured this morning. It's TTOM; so my weight is up. Next week will be a better weigh in. I've got my game face on and I am so ready to '08 great!

I'll be back after my workout - time to do Tony - Total Body Plus!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I got a late start this morning and I really should be working rather than chatting with you guys, but this is my moment of peace before the craziness starts :) I really like Tracey's workouts. My core is getting such a workout as well as my entire body. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

In terms of workout clothes I like anything that absorbs sweat. In the winter I wear capri's and a coolmax top and in the summer it is shorts and a tank top. My clothes are either Under Armour, Nike, Adidas or Champion and all my sports bras are Champion. For shoes, I love ryka's.

Katie, I wish I could get my husband to eat healthier. He eats well some days and I think he restricts himself too much because other days he just eats all junk. He can't seem to find the balance.
Kate, I still can't believe you don't wear shoes to workout. Enjoy your roast tonight :)
Steph, Good luck with your plumbing problem.
Robin, I think a serving of tortellini has about 400 calories.

Hi Jenn & Shirl!

w/o TB & HISM 2 Intensity Mix
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
s: banana
l: salmon, salad and couscous
s: huge Orange, cheesestick
d: chicken (it is a recipe from the clean mag but I can't remember the name), veggies, brown rice

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Good morning again,

My workout is finished for today. Total Body Plus is tough - I really like it a lot. Lots of variations of pushups, pullups(I use a chair for some help), and functional style weight training. I also did abs/core+ - tough - lots of hanging leg moves in addition to floor and standing abs/core moves. (Interval X+ is a good workout too - no nonsense interval workout from P90X+) Oh, I wear Avia 681 aerobic shoes.

menu
b- jay robb strawberry protein shake made with water and a banana
s- scrambled egg whites and salsa
l- large salad with almonds and cottage cheese
s- toasted cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread and nat.pb
d- homemade veggie soup and sandwiches

I'm finally back to my regular work schedule this week. I'm looking forward to working with some new clients. A friend is going to test my body fat in 3 weeks. It was 18.5% last time I had it tested; I'm hoping for some improvements.

Colleen, I really like Tracey's workouts too. I hope your day isn't too crazy. Your menu looks great.

Robin, I hope you get some sleep tonight. TTOM is NO fun!

Steph, Please let us know what the physio says.

Katie, It sounds like you're a good influence on Chris.

Kate, OUCH - no sneakers when exercising. I know some people swear by it but I know my knees and feet would kill me.

Jenn, Tough workout good for you!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Robin, Sorry you have so much trouble sleeping. That's not something I usually have, but then again if I got more than 5 hours of sleep...... Good meal plan, btw!

Way to work, Shirl! Awesome menu, glad you're likin' your new workouts!

Colleen, Good for you on awesome workouts and eats too!

You gals are kickin' butt today!!

I ended up being at inlaws all morning so I had cashews for my snack. Will keep verl low-fat the rest of the day to compensate. It is so hard to be portion-controlled on those yummy *&*^( things!

Need to get lunch ready....see ya!

Steph, take care of that shoulder! Very cool about the article! Prank call Kate at least one for me! :) Call and ask her if her refrigerator is running, LOL!

Robin, the tortellini I make is about 350 cals per serving, then marinara and veggies are low, so right about 500 for my dinner. Get some rest! My workout short are from the Target clearance rack, I love them!

Shirl, great workout and menu!

Colleen, GET TO WORK! Just kidding, hope you get caught up today. Are you feeling better?

Kate, mmmmmm, cashews! I am hoping that one day soon I can do the Step Blast Challenge! LOL at the itty-bitty-tittie-committee!

Lunch is cooking, I'm not that hungry today...? It is a gorgeous day here and I wish I wasn't working, but I know if I was off I would just be inside napping. I might as well be at work getting things done.

I am sleep, need to get to bed early tonight!

I feel ok today. My throat is sore and I am coughing. Not really sick enough to stay home but I don't really feel like being at work. If I didn't have much to do I would take a sick day, but since I am so busy I am just going to tough it out.

Katie - isn't the weather beautiful? I don't dare go outside because I might not come back. It feels like Spring is coming?
Steph - I missed the article when I read your post earlier - Congrats!!!
Kate - I love cashews! I wish I had some to keep me away from the chocolate :) I am going to eat my huge orange (it's like a softball) and hope that satisfies my sweet craving.

Well I really need to get back to work but I don't feel like working :-(

Have a good afternoon.

Colleen

Colleen, word HARD this afternoon, then take a sick day tomorrow. It is supposed to be beautiful again tomorrow!

Checking in to say lunch was delicious! TONS of veggie-loaded salsa and a chicken breast. A few bites of DDs apple.

I GOT TO TALK TO STEPH!!!! We didn't get her plumbing solved yet (need DH), but she saved me years of therapy bills!:) We've decided that even if RT doesn't work out we need to all meet there some time anyway. And Katie, we're comin' to your wedding!!

It is 60 degrees here - a record for Michigan! Everything is soaking wet though from the snow melting. But hey, it gives me a good excuse to wear my pink-striped wellies!

Colleen, take Katie's good advice and stay home tomorrow! You'll get better faster if you take care of yourself.

MIL is making angel food cake for dessert for DH's bday and I don't like it - HURRAY!!! Easy resisting!

See you gals later!

Hello!

Katie, i cranked called Kate, but we talked for over an hour, does that count as a crank call?
Kate, it was so great chatting! I wish all of us could meet up and have a great meal, maybe someday.

Robin and Katie, i dont have any boobs, so i dont even need to wear a sports bra!

Shirl, 18.5%BF is great? What are your goals?

Colleen, i dont know if we have Ryka's here in Canada, i know Cathe is a fan!

Well, the physiotherapist thinks its a deltoid strain. I may try to lay off lifting shoulders tomorrow, but we'll see if its better. I do plan on kickboxing today though, maybe the punching isnt the best idea?
I hope everyone is having a great day!
Steph

It was GREAT chatting, Steph! I think if you just didn't punch with all your might KB would be okay. But I know when I do KB I like to punch really hard (picturing certain faces in my way!}( ) and I always feel it in my upper back. I love KB for this - no weight lifting gets close to the good DOMS I get in my back from KB!

Changed my PM snack to wheat crackers & pb...mmmm...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.