Clean or Tidy...Clean Eating Check In June 10

lederr

Cathlete
Good morning all who follow! I have been experiencing weird sleep patterns and woke up at 0315 this morning. I am hoping that after I read some posts, maybe read my book a little, that I will fall back asleep.

Carola, you and I might just be twins (of course, you're my evil twin!!! ;) ;) ;) )!!! I had my protein shake yesterday morning, then went to meet some friends for a bit and ended up going to adoptions all day. I didn't plan on it so I didn't pack anything to eat and there was nothing I could go get. I kept thinking I'd leave soon, but didn't get home until after 5. Then, I got tied up in doing things here and before I knew it, it was 8:20! I grabbed a few soy and flaxseed chips and some hummus and that was it. Oh well, so much for my six meals yesterday!!! It's funny you and I skipped meals on the same day. BTW, how's your mama dog doing?

Anyway, I am posting roll call with a welcome shout out to Kate and Michele! :D

Name: Wendi
Children: None
SO/DH/DF: BF, Tom, of 2 years
I'm doing this challenge to break my sugar addiction and help me through the summer months when my work doesn't allow for consistent workouts and to lose my pesky back fat by the middle of summer.
Favorite Cathe workout: Ooh, toughie! My go-to DVD has to be IMAX 2.

Robin
51 yrs
North central PA
Microbiologist
Special needs son - 23
Daughter - 19
Special needs grandson - 7 months
Married to DH 30 years
Goals, reasons - I have no problem with the working out aspect of a healthy life style, but the eating healthy is a hugh problem for me. I hope to tighten up some of the jiggle and evaporate some of the flab before my yearly vacation to the beach in July and the road trip in August.
My favorite Cathe workout varies from day to day, but probably Rhythmic Step or Step Blast

Name: Gayle
Children: Jacob, 9 and Zachary 6
SO/DH/DF: Fiance Mike (no wedding date in sight, lol)
I'm doing this challenge to keep me accountable and get back to my goal weight (about 12 pounds to go). Seems I like a challenge and as soon as I GET to goal, I can't STAY at goal. I'm taking this one day at a time.
Favorite Cathe workout: Ooh, I agree...a toughie. Currently, Drill Max and the Pyramids. But it changes all the time! lol

Name: Shelley
Occupation: Senior Administrator for a Propery Developer (we build mostly luxury high-rise condominiums)
Children: One daughter, age 9
SO/DH/DF: Chris is my SO of 6 years
Reason/Goal: I guess I'd like to have more control over what goes into my mouth. It's pretty sad when some days, the first thing I do after getting out of bed is grab a cookie. I have a really poor family health history and I'd like to keep myself as healthy as possible to try to stave some of that off. I also have that layer of flab that I'd like to see diminished and as one gets older, it's more difficult to do that with just exercise.
Favorite Cathe workout: I don't really have a fave. It used to be Bootcamp, but these days it changes with my mood. For strength, I love the Pyramids and the Gym Styles.

Name: Tneah
Kids: Our 156 pound Newfoundland,George!
DH:My sweetie and I have been married 4 years, together 7.
Favorite Cathe workout: Oh dear, there are so many. Probably the Pyramids, time just flies by! But each time I get through the original Imax (modifications noted) I feel so accomplished.
Goals: To tame the monster that is my sweet tooth, clean up my diet, limit the wine,limit the amount of junk food we keep in the house.
Maybe even lose a little belly blubber!

Name: Cody
Children: 2 - mark is 7 and sophia is 5
SO/DH/DF: dh - mark. 10 years this august
i'm trying to clean up my diet to help with leaning myself out and just to feel better in general. my moods and my body definitely respond sensitively to what i eat and drink. clean eating keeps me feeling good mentally and physically
Favorite Cathe workout: i'm not sure i can pick one. depends on my mood, but i am currently really enjoying body max 2.

Name: Lorie
Children: five rescue dogs
SO/DH/DF: Rob
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals (i.e. lose weight, better eating habits, break the sugar addiction...)? I need to get better eating habits and into the habit of eating regular meals. I am also addicted to sugar and needed to show myself I could cut it out (at least temporarily).
Favorite Cathe workout: Body Max 2 or Drill Max (right now...they always change)

Name: Jess
Children: 3 girls ~ ages 8, 6, & almost 4
SO/DH/DF: Married to my wonderful dh, Greg, for 10 1/2 yrs
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals?
To stay accountable. I'm doing my first round of P90X and want to see as much definition as I can from hard work & eating right!

Name: Patty (iris is a favorite flower)
Children: 3 of 'em 17, 16, 12
SO/DH/DF: DH for 22 years
Why are you doing this challenge?: It's a great reality check. I am working on losing weight. Thinking "eat clean" helps me learn so much about about why I eat and overeat certain foods.
Favorite Cathe Workouts: I'm kind of a beginner here. Currently, it's the LIC premixes. I just can't make it though an entire advanced Cathe yet.

Name: Shirl
Occupation: SAHM & I work part-time at a corporate wellness center as a trainer.
Children: 3 - DS 11y/o, DS 9y/o & DD 6y/o
SO/DH/DF: Bill - married 15 years this August!
I'm doing this challenge to keep me on track! I need some accountability and this seems to be working for me. I would like to lose that extra layer of fat I have been carrying around since the birth of my DD six years ago. I seem to have fallen in that "Mommy trap"; I finish what they haven't and then some!
Favorite Cathe workout: Cardio - Imaxes - Weights - GS & Pyramids - Circuit - Terminator. I actually love them all! I am a premix/mish-mosh freak!

Name: Vilma
Occupation: SAHM - Jane of all trades; Master of 4 (my family )
Children: 3 (DD '90, DS '92, DD '98)
SO/DH/DF: DH married (6-12-88) together 23 yrs this past May
Why are you doing this challenge?
To be aware of what I eat in order to become a healthy happier me - When momma is happy everyone is happy
Favorite Cathe workout: IMAX2 most definitely w/ LIC coming in as a close 2nd

Name: Stephanie
location, Toronto, ON, Canada
occupation, dietitian, specializing in HIV care
children, none, but 2 dogs, boston terrier, David Bowie, pug, Roxie Music
S/O, Christian, 10 years together, got the ring, no wedding
Why join the check in? as you can see, i'm a registered dietitian, and quite knowledgeable about eating. I am a vegan, work out daily, and too just want to lean out more, and be accoutable. Weekends are tough, i'm a bit of a stress eater!
Fav workouts: love the IMAX's, and PKC, doing a gym styles rotation now.

Name: Carola
Children: Samuel, 11 and Tristan, 7 plus Scooter, 1 (mini aussie), Tuxedo, 1 (mini aussie), Pepper, 2 (mini aussie), Cody, 9 (German Shepherd mix), Nemo, 2 (house cat and king of the castle), Tinkerbell, 4 (scardy cat - doesn't like the dogs)
DH: Paul, married for 10 years
Why join the check in? Accountability, having to check in and confess, makes me not want to mess up. Need to lose quite a bit of weight brought on by "diets" which didn't start until my mid 30s and coincidentally moving to the US.
Fav workouts: DrillMax, Rythmic Step, KPC & PUB, PLB

Name: Kel (Kelly)
Children: A spoiled furry little fella named Skippy
SO/DH/DF: Tony, married 18 years this November, together 20 years this past March
Reason/Goal: I need to be much more aware of what I put in my mouth, especially regarding whether it's truly clean or not. I eat healthy most of the time but I'm obviously not doing something right because I'm not seeing the results I desire, even though I work out intensely 5 days a week & do construction work at least one day during the weekend too. So I'd like to post my meals & hopefully get some feedback. I also need to eliminate the glass of wine or beer I tend to consume during the evenings when winding down from my day at work.
Favorite Cathe workout: For cardio, I'd pick IMAX 2 & Pyramids for strength. For total body, I'd pick Muscle Endurance & for a circuit workout, I think I'd choose Boot Camp

Name: Phyllis
Children: 3 - DS (16), DD (15), DD (13); 1dog, 3cats, 1 parakeet, 75 gal aquarium
SO/DH/DF: married 21 years!
I needed to tighten the eating up. Hopefully, it will help me get rid of the pooch and the thigh cellulite!

Name: Valerie
Stay at Home Mom
Married to DH almost ten years
Children: 3
I'm doing the challenge to train myself to choose better snacks and meals. I used to reach for a box of cookies or Cheezits when I wanted a snack, but now I'm a little wiser about what I put in my mouth. I'm so glad there are several of us in this together!!
My main goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm no longer interested in trying to be rail-thin; I want to be toned and healthy, and I want to be around a long time for my husband and children.
Fave Cathe workout: it does change periodically, but right now I am loving Low Max!

Name: Carrie
Children: 2, (13 dd, 15 ds)
SO/DH/DF: DH, married for 15 years!!! Yep, high school sweetheart and still going strong
I'm doing this challenge to break my sugar addiction and to help me focus. And to help me lose weight to get through recovery process from back problems.
Favorite Cathe workout: LIC

Name: Kim
Children: 4yo DD and 3yo DS
DH: married 5 years very happily
I am doing this to lose my last 10 pounds (hopefully). I know my weak spot is around 4.00 p.m. when I just have to have quite a few rice cakes and cream cheese which then leads me to eat chocolate. So if I can stop doing that it would be fantastic.
Favourite Cathe workout: Hard to choose, love them all. But I would have to say probably Imax 2

Name: Kate
Occupation: Stay-at-home mom & my husband and I run his father's plumbing contracting business. Very stressful. Lots of long hours/late nights.
Children: 2 girls (ages 3&5)
Husband , happily married for almost 8 years!
Why this challenge: No one I know is interested in eating healthy and it's very hard to keep motivated when everyone else around you is eating bad. I really appreciate reading everyone's comments.
Goals: Lose the 10 lbs I regained. At the end of my 1st pregnancy I weighed 203. I never really lost the fat weight. When I got preg for #2 I said that is not happening again. I started doing cardio every day and had a super healthy pregnancy. After she was born I added weights and have been hooked ever since. I got down to 123, which was probably too skinny for me. I now weigh 140 (last I checked!) I would love to lose 10 lbs and firm up. I'm sure you girls can help encourage me!
favorite Cathe workout: Imax 2

Happy Sunday, all!

Lorie

:+

good morning everyone!!! i hope everyone has an easy, clean Sunday :)

i did pretty well yesterday. did lic cardio blast and the treadmill. had a shower to go to which isn't easy, but i was able to eat steamed veggies and salmon. i did have a glass of wine though x(

today i'm not sure what's planned. dh just got home last night from a week away at americade (bike trip) so we may wind up taking the kids to shrek 3 and out for dinner - we'll see.

Good Morning!
Hope you all did okay with the clean eating. I've discovered that my downfall on this plan will be eating out for dinner. We ate out
on Friday and Saturday nights, and I didn't eat clean at either meal.
On top of that, I ate some movie popcorn yesterday.:-(
I've got to acquire better will power and the ability to resist
temptations!!
Cody, how did you like Shrek the Third? We saw it yesterday, and I loved it! I thought it was just as clever as the first two.
By the way, I am tired of eating my usual Nature's Valley whole wheat, double fiber bread for toast in the morning--for some reason, it's started to taste bad to me. What is a good-tasting, whole wheat bread that you guys like? I looked for Ezekiel bread yesterday
in Wild Oats Market, but they didn't have it. Any suggestions would
be welcome! I did buy some quinoa grains and am looking forward to
cooking them this week. Hope you all have a great day.
Valerie

>Good Morning!
>Hope you all did okay with the clean eating. I've discovered
>that my downfall on this plan will be eating out for dinner.

Valerie, this is my revelation also. The weekends will never be clean for me. We often go out to dinner (last night was Mexican!) and I have no plans to stop that. I have learned to make better choices but I have no intentions of stopping the eating out. So, I'll be clean during the week, but a little dirty on the weekend! Ha!

I still haven't been able to find quinoa. I so want to try it. I hate to make the trip to Trader Joe's. It's just far enough that it's a pain.

Have a good Sunday!

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hey guys. How are you all doing?????? I was missing in action yesterday, but ate completely clean again. Today is day 13 in a ROW! Woo Hoo!

This morning's workout was IMax 2 and yesterday was S&H chest/back/abs. I'm really sore across my upper chest today, but it feels soooooooo good! LOL

Sorry to be a quick poster today. Lots to do!

Gayle

Good Morning:)

Kim, I just noticed you are from Australia. I always wanted to go there. What's it like? Do you live in or near a big city?

Lorie, are you on summer break now?

Valerie, my family and I really like Roman Meal brand, 100% whole wheat bread. Apparently so do other people, cause it's rarely stocked on the shelves:)

Gayle, 13 days is awesome!!! Nice Job:)

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know I'm still here, even though my posts have been inconsistent. I always come and read what going on. This site has been great for me.

I actually lost 3 lbs this week. It also helps that my dh and I bought this board game at the book store called the "Fitness Challenge". It is so cool, all you have to do is make your goal of 3 or more days of exercise based on your level. At the end of each week there are "Wagers" you give to the other player based on who got the most points, such as, "He has to do the dishes for a week, or he gets to drive my car for the entire weekend. Little things, it's fun.

Well, I suppose you girls have inspired me to get a workout in.

I ordered Barry's Bootcamp from HSN for the sale price of $35. I'm not sure if I'm in shape enough for it, but hey, it was on sale and I heard great things about it, and hopefully I'll be good as new after my operation Thursday:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hi, Everyone!

The new thread title makes me :) !

My menu:
B-omelet with leftover veggies
s-a few nuts, a peach
L-plain yogurt...out of berries, so maybe sliced grapes?
s-hummus on a brown rice cake
D-out again, but I'll behave!:)

You all are looking good!
Carrie-Yay for the 3 pounds!

Gotta run,
Have a great clean Sunday!
Patty

Carrie-I also orders Barry's Boot Camp! LOL Like I could afford anothe set of workouts! LOL

Gayle

Patty-glad you liked the title. I stole it from Robin! :) I think we should keep it, especially since some of us (me!) are going to try to do clean but sometimes just tidy. :D

I am officially on summer break! I finished working on Friday. Although, I said I would do contract work over the summer and I am tutoring, so I won't be off completely but not having to wake up at 0445 will be heaven! I am also going to start working on my dissertation. I have the proposal done, but that's it.

Today, I went swimming for the first time this year. We have an olympic sized pool (actually two of them) where I live and I love doing laps when the pool is open. Lap swimmers are able to get in before and after the pool opens and closes, so it's just lap swimmers (no one else to get in the way). Really nice. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do much my first day in the water, but I swam 70 laps (66 is a mile). I actually felt like I could have done more, but figured that was enough for today. It felt REALLY good! I also noticed that my time for the mile didn't really decrease from last year.

Anyway, I always do fasted cardio because I get nauseous if I eat before I work out, so I have not eaten anything yet. The friend I was supposed to go to lunch with is sick with a stomach bug, so I don't have to figure out what I can eat out. This is day 13 for me and I am happy that I have met the challenge so far!!!

Anyway, happy Sunday to everyone. We did decide that we are going to keep this check-in going, right? It has helped me SO MUCH and it's been so great getting to know all of you. :) :) :)

Lorie

Hello Tidy and clean eaters!
I think this weekend, i'm tidy, but a bit cluttered in the closets :)
today is my rest, but who can do that, so i did some yoga and deep stretch. Walked my 2 dogs as well! DH is helping a friend move, so i'm meeting some girlfriends for coffee, not lunch! that's my answer to everything, lets do coffee! then i dont have to worry about anything
Today, breakfast, oatmeal, usual
snack, strawberries
lunch: ezekial bread, pb, yogurt and more oatmeal, got a bit nuts in the pb jar!
i had another bowl of puffed cereal right after, but none of those damn raisins! so i guess its better than yesterday!
I'm off for coffee, BBL
congrats to all!
steph

Jess ~ Checking in pretty clean today, but was a bit less tidy y'day. ;-) Not bad for camping & dealing w/ a sick child. (had to come home early as my littlest dd came down w/ strep throat!!!)

So far today...

Liquids ~ 60 oz water, 2 cups coffee

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal

Snack ~ Strawberries w/ strawberry yogurt

Lunch ~ Chicken breast w/ brown rice & peas (chopped up the chicken & mixed together topped w/ a little parm. cheese & light ranch); fruit salad (strawberries, tropical fruit, mandarin oranges, grapes....)

It's Chest & Back P90X + ARX later w/ my dh. We're in Phase 3 now! :)

Snack (post workout) ~ Banana; Vanilla yogurt, 1/2 c. cott. cheese, scoop of mochaccino protein powder, 1 T. NM PB.

I'm glad the thread is going to keep going, extra motivation is always helpful! ;-)

Ok, guess I'll finish up the day. :)

Took my dd's out for a short 1.5 mile run. They're *training* for a kids race this weekend (I'm running the 5K).

Not too hungry, so for dinner I just had a bowl of oatmeal w/ 1 T. NM PB & splash of light soymilk and a few bites of fruit salad.

Snack ~ SF hot cocoa

I could have snacked more, but stuck to my cocoa. ;-)

Lorie ~ Great swim! I love swimming too, it's a great workout. A mile is a long time to swim! I have a hard time getting to the Y to swim now that my kiddos are out of school. I plan on swimming some while I take them to the pool though! I tend to do a fasted cardio in the morning unless I'm running more than 4 miles or so. I used to get really sick to my tummy, but I find I tolerate it better now. I had to get used to eating & running while training for a marathon last year!

Good job sticking w/ it for 13 days, it's a habit now! :)

I saw Shrek the Third last week w/ my kiddos too, it was pretty funny. My kids were giggling like crazy. I thought it was better than the 2nd one, but not as good as the first. I skipped the movie popcorn even though it was tempting!

As for bread, I don't eat a lot of bread. I cut it out a couple yrs ago & now will have it on occasion but it's easy for me to over-eat as I love bread. I like the Light Flatout Flatbread (I get it near the deli section at Super Wal*mart or Meijer) or stick to the low-carb whole wheat tortillas. Really high fiber, lower carb, and more protein than bread. I love it w/ PB, or use it to make sandwiches, burritos, or pizzas. HTH!

Lori, good luck on your dissertation. Let us know how it turns out:) Ahhhh, yes, there's nothing like the feeling of the first swim of the season. I went swimming for about 20 minutes, then I fell asleep on my beach blanket in the hot sun with cool lake breeze.

Hats off to you Lori, 77 Laps is awesome AND congratulations on your 13 day success:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.