Clean Eating Thurs June7

pwmatt

Cathlete
Lori, I love the new rules. I can live with them. ;)

Gayle, nice job passing up the goodies! Weren't you proud of yourself?

Tneah, I didn't buy a wierd cake, but it wasn't one that especially called me either. I didn't have any problem resisting it. I just munched on my almonds instead

Yesterday wasn't too bad
B - oatmeal/soymilk/protein pwdr
S - snack - none, my cantelope was nasty :(
L - salad, plain yogurt w/oatbran and cinnamin, apple
S - almonds & wlnuts
D - chicken and broccoli (not really clean as it had cream of chicken soup in it, but at least the soup was light! )
S - banana, a couple of almonds

Oh, I also had an apple while waiting for dinner to cook and a few Quakes rice cakes.

I'm running out of fruit again! Back to the grocery store I go. I need to just live in the produce section!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hi everyone

Today has been good. Did Step Works this morning.

B - Apple
S - Oats, almonds, sultanas and yoghurt
L - corn cakes and soya cheese
S - banana
D - mountain bread with sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, parsnip, and soya cheese - made like a pizza.

Have a great day everyone.

Kim:)

Good morning Phyllis and Kim. I hate nasty canteloupe. Wait, I should post that under the Haters thread.

Kim, what is mountain bread?

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I had a handful of pretzels while dinner cooked. Dinner was my DH's ravioli and was delicious. I did pretty well with portion size, but had to have a piece of garlic bread and a small glass of red wine. That's healthy, right?

Today, b-fast and lunch will be the same old PB/almond butter and WW bread things. Dinner will be a small, small serving of pork roast, pilaf, roasted vidalia onions and maybe a salad.

I'll try not to break any rules today!

Morning, everyone!

Okay, I am trying to motivate to go workout. For some reason, I have not really been motivated lately. Plus, my shoulders are a little sore from yesterday's w/o (I upped my weights on the shoulder portion). I am thinking Cardio Fusion this morning since I just got it on Monday and haven't tried it out yet.

Okay, plan for the day:

B: protein shake w/banana, bee pollen, wheat germ, flaxseed
S: apple or slice Ezekiel bread w/ PB and bee pollen
L: salmon patty (Trader Joe's) w/ sauteed spinach
S: apple or slice of Ezekiel bread w/ PB and bee pollen
D: not sure
S: not sure

Happy clean eating!

Lorie

Hi Robin

Mountain bread is a paper thin bread made just from corn flour (70%), wheat flour and water. I use them as wraps and bases for pizza. I cut two slices in half and brush them with water and top them on one another and top with vegies and soya cheese and they go really crispy and I feel like I am having pizza. :9

It says on the packet is a product of Australia so perhaps it is only available in Australia. I don't know what would be comparable over there.

Kim:)

There is a mountain bread in the stores here but it's a big, fluffy round loaf of white bread. Very fluffy and light, but I am sure not very clean at all since it's made with tons of white flour!!!

Lorie

Good morning to everyone!

Gayle - tossing that plate yesterday was quite impressive...high fives!!! I'm not so sure I could have done that. I would have wanted to sample everything and then we all know what would have happened x( .

Lori - I LOVE the new rules, too!

Cody - That havana salad sounds absolutely delicious! I know what I'll be making next week to take to the horse show for lunch.

Phyllis - I was just thinking the other day that I should rent some space in the produce department as well. It must have been a bad cantaloupe week or something...mine smelled delicious and was juicy and tasted like nothing ;( , oh well.

Today is a quick check-in and may be my last until Monday, unless we finish at the show at a decent hour each day. There's nothing I HATE more than showing...out to the barn by 4:00am to start prepping horses and ponies and get back to the barn around 9:00pm, rinse and repeat for 2 or 3 days...FUN *Rolls eyes*.

I don't have time, nor the energy, for a workout today but I have another marathon riding day so I guess it evens out.

B - 2 hardboiled egg whites with guacamole, oatmeal, half grapefruit
S - cottage cheese and banana
L - salad with tuna, an apple, sprouted flaxseed bread with PB
S - steamed veggies
D - jerk chicken, mashed plantains, roasted asparagus and yogurt and cherries for dessert

Have a great day everyone!
Wendi

Good morning everybody!

Wendi-I know EXACTLY what would have happened had I just tasted something. That's exactly why it ended up in the garbage. BUT I had to put it in upside down in the garbage can and then smear it all over whatever was just below....just to be 100% sure I wouldn't dig it out and eat it anyway! LOL

Tuscan Salad Recipe....whose is it? I missed it when/if it was posted. Any chance you'd share it again here??? Please?

Today for me is a rest day, and I'm taking it. It's been 9 days since my last DOR, so I'm going to enjoy it. But I will need to tread lightly with my food intake, since rest days sometimes MENTALLY means rest from workouts AND food. lol Today will be day 10 of clean eating for me in a row. Feeling good about that and each day that passes I feel stronger and stronger.

This morning I'll be cutting the grass, and that takes me 2 hours. Then I'm off to clean my friend's house (she pays me). Then since there's no baseball games/practice tonight, we're grilling out with my friends/neighbors and maybe a dip in their pool.

ETA: OH! Forgot to mention I step on the scale today. I'm hoping for another nice loss (last week was 3 bloating pounnds, lol). I'll let you all know later today!

Have an AWESOME DAY!

Gayle

Hi Clean Eaters!

Yesterday I did very good until dinner. It was late and we were starved and ended up getting chinese food. I ordered as clean as I could , shrimp and veggies in white sauce (I've read it's less oil than the darker sauces) & I only ate half the order, no egg roll but I did eat 1/2 the rice.
Remember, I was STARVING! :p :eek: ;-)

Today I have no idea yet what my meals will be , but I just finished my workout, so am going to get breakfast. Am thinking egg whites with guacomole and maybe a fruit smoothie???

Becky

Good morning to all the clean eaters out there!

Phyllis - Good job with the fruit intake. What's your favorite kind of apple? I've found a new one that I like - Crips Pink - but wouldn't you know it... my local store stopped carrying it after they got me hooked on them!

Kim - That mountain bread sounds good! I wonder if we can find it in the states or order in online?

Robin - Yes! Red wine is VERY good for you.;-) Your dinner tonight sounds good too.

Lorie - Enjoy Cardio Fusion. You will love it!

Wendi - Love jerk chicken! Do you follow a recipe?

Gayle - Great job y-day! Enjoy your rest day... rest day?!? Mowing for 2 hours doesn't sound like a rest day to me.:p :+ :7 Have fun tonight!

Becky - Sounds like you did pretty good with your Chinese food selection last night to me. Hope you have a good, clean day today.

This morning, I had 2 cups of coffee & a large glass of water. Then, I did the 53 minute KPC premix that includes the abs but I skipped the pikes. Someday, I will work up to those... I hope!

Meals for today:

1 - Yogurt with cereal mixed in
S - Banana
2 - Not sure... supposed to have lunch with a friend for her b-day so wish me luck making the right choices
S - Nectarine with more cereal or some cottage cheese or some natural peanut butter on whole grain crackers
3 - Grilled meat & veggies
Lots of water throughout the day

I hope this all goes as planned b/c I had 2 glasses of Chardonnay with my clean & healthy salad last night:eek: }(

Wishing a day of clean eating to all... Be back later!

Morning all...

Well I feel like a fraud because I'm having an awful time with PMS this month and I haven't been doing well at all. I'm not going to post anything for what I'm eating, because it's not what I end up eating. I think I'll just gracefully bow out because clearly I'm not capable of sticking with this. You guys are all doing great! Keep it up:)

Good Morning!
It sounds like we're all doing well with this clean eating lifestyle. I noticed that Tosca Reno's book is called the Eat Clean Diet, and I don't like thinking that this way of eating is a diet because that implies that I can't stay on it too long. I would have called it The Eat Clean Lifestyle or Eating Clean for Life, but of course that's just my humble opinion! Anyway, I'm happy that I've pretty much lost my taste for almost all refined sugars and sweets. I'm hoping I'll see more good results, but I'm feeling great, so that is a wonderful benefit.
I probably won't get to work out today :-( so I'll have to make my meals squeaky clean.
B--Kashi waffles and oatmeal
L--salad
D--not sure; having dental work done late this afternoon, so my mouth will probably be too numb to eat much.
Hope you all have a great day.
Valerie

Good morning all!
Shelley, please stay, this is why you started this post!!! Everyone is going to have ups and downs, that's life, and since it seems we're all women, we're gonna have bad times of the month!!
Wait til the weekend, i'm sure some of us (me!) will have something not so clean!
THis morning i got up at 4am and did GS CT, and abs, then to work, will do barr method when i get home, i'm already tired :)
Today, same as for food! I do eat about the same everyday til the weekend!!!!!
Have a great day everyone!
S

Shelley-you cannot duck out on us! Stay. Be inspired (and nibble if you must, we'll forgive you). It happens. STAY!

I ended up going outside with my best friend (everytime I say that I feel like I'm still in high school, lol) for a nice, 35 minute brisk walk. Just felt good. The grass is going to have to wait till after older DS gets out of school, it's all wet still. (and I'm cheating this time anyway, since I'll be using my riding mower instead of my usual push mower, lol).

Gayle

Good Morning All!

You are all so good at posting to everyone and your menus as well! I wish I had PMS to blame for my sweet tooth. Yesterday was ok until after dinner...I'll do better today! I'm following the customize your meal plan at MDB(beachbody)and I'm finding it very helpful. Not all of the choices are "clean", but they're better than some of my choices.
Menu
B- nutrigrain LF waffles and berries & slivered almonds
S- yogurt & banana
L- ww spaghetti & chicken breast w/tomato sauce & broccoli
S- apple w/ lf cheddar cheese
D- turkey breast, sweet potato & dk.green leafy salad
lots & lots of water

Workout
I did a mish mosh of LB & abs from Squeeze and the lower body blast premix from SF.
This afternoon I plan on doing a KB workout.

Let's make today great!!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning All!

Shelley-Stay until this weekend. I haven't been little miss clean eats either.I did this to kick my sugar cravings, specifically M&M's, and I have done that-cool. Even if you screw up a little, writing it down helps, or at least it does me, it is making me more aware at least.After looking at what all of usually eat on a regular basis, wow, its pretty darn good, plus everyone exercises. The general population eats at Burger King everyday!So I think we are way ahead of the game.

PMS is a bitch and so are the cravings. The good side is this, women burn up to 200-300 calories extra during the week before their period, plus during this phase we use more fat for fuel during exercise than at any other time of the month. A gal named Leanne Redman PHD discovered this fun little fact. You all can even look this up online.:)

I screwed up last night. I did my PlyoX workout, and then was so totally wiped out I drank wine and ate my salad which was good, went to bed early, woke up and ate again!:9 Crap. Had melted cheese on a tortilla with shredded lettuce-it was pretty darn good. I think I am feeling sorry for myself after my doctor told me I am anemic.:( I never even get colds or anything geez.

Only today and tomorrow and the week is over, you all are doing really really well.:7

Menu:

B-mango, coffee, water, p.butter
S-ww tortilla, 4 egg omlette with veggies
L-tuna with broccoli sprouts, ww tortilla
S- probably no snack
D-large salad with lots of veggies maybe some salmon

A lot of water...:) Edit: I forgot to put my workout-I only did mine last night cause I told you all I was going to-so thanks for your quiet motivation there! Workout: 30-45 min, bike or elliptical or cardio timesaver LIC. Tonight is P90X Legs and Back. Have not done this in awhile.

>Morning all...
>
>Well I feel like a fraud because I'm having an awful time with
>PMS this month and I haven't been doing well at all. I'm not
>going to post anything for what I'm eating, because it's not
>what I end up eating. I think I'll just gracefully bow out
>because clearly I'm not capable of sticking with this. You
>guys are all doing great! Keep it up:)
>

I feel the same way you do, Shelley! This is the worst month with PMS that I've had in a long time. I even ended up eating half a big Mac last night and half a small portion of McD french fries. WTH is wrong with me, first I drink beer - I hate beer, then I eat a Big Mac which I NEVER eat. And I haven't been working out since Monday either. Not only do I feel like crap due to PMS, but that eating junk food and not working out makes me feel even worse!

Talk about a fraud! ME!! I think we should stick with it though. Today is a new day, right!!??? That PMS crap is gonna have to go away some time!!

Take care,

Carola

You guys should try taking "Chasteberry". I find it in the health food stores under the name "Vitex". I too have the raging PMS, especially since I have gotten older:)
A doctor recommended it, and it did take about one month before I started noticing a difference (you take it every day, 1 pill) but now then I noticed that my moods were better, which helped me with the food thing--alot. Still not perfect, I still get cravings and all, but they are milder than before and my mood is SO much better!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good today so far.

I'll be having lunch with a friend at a local place that has great salads... but they also have great nachos & lots of other tempting yummy meals so wish me luck making the best choice. That's especially difficult when somebody else at your table orders something you'd rather have. So I'll let you know how it goes when I check back in later.

Shelley - Please don't go! I just started this week & by Tuesday, I felt like an intruder. I blame it on PMS (or DMS, in my case) too but I'm also the type of person who can't live with rigid rules about things I enjoy. If I really want something, I usually go ahead & indulge. Hey, you only live once, right? But I still feel like this check-in has kept me accountable & I have definitely thought more about what I'm eating & doing (like eating half of that sandwich breadless on Tuesday, for instance). So I hope you will stay!

Well, I better get going... it's time for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good, clean afternoon & I'll be back later.

I second EVERYONE else by saying that you should stay, Shelley!!! After this Monday, I plan on having a cheat at least every day. Probably more during PMS time!!!

I do think the check-in has made me more accountable and I just wanted to prove to myself that I could go off sugar (I truly didn't think it was possible).

Stay.

Lorie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.