Clean Eating June 5

pwmatt

Cathlete
I did well during the day yesterday. My problem arrived at dinner time. I had to attend an academic banguet for DS and DD. It was catered and the entree was ziti and meatballs. They offered salad too, but salad alone would not be enough. I skipped the bread and dessert but had 2 meatballs and the ziti. So, here's my question. What's a gal to do in that situation?

The rest of my day looked like this
B - oatmeal w/soymilk,peach,protein pwdr, and sweetener
S - water
L - salad w/raspberry vin dressing
S - apple w/ plain yogurt and cinnamin
D- you know the story!
S - handful of almonds

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Morning Phyllis and all who follow~

Phyllis, I think you made a wise choice. I mean, you can't starve, right? And I'm sure there are much worse things you could have eaten. Kudos for skipping the bread and dessert!

Here's today for me:

B - the usual - cereal with soy milk and banana
S - not sure - the apple and handful of almonds hasn't been enough lately to keep me full until lunch, so I'll have to rethink it
L - large salad with tuna
S - yogurt, granola and berries
D - WW pasta with spicy red pepper and chili sauce and veggies

Workout today is a five mile run and maybe some ab work.

Good morning Phyllis and Shelley and all my fellow clean eaters,

Thanks for kicking us off today Phyllis. I'd say you made a good choice. It's hard when you get stuck with choices like that and no one else seems to understand why you don't want to eat what is there.

You're my hero Shelley. I'm not sure I could run five miles then do ab work. I never could run long distances. Although, after two years of Cathe maybe I should give it a try. I have no problem getting through even the nose-bleed sections of MIC so maybe I could do it now.

I had a great day yesterday until last night when the sugar monster attacked and I raided the raisins x(...I felt like I was popping candy! At least I stopped before I did any permanent damage. They are a dangerous item for me to have in the house }(.

Today started off with Lomax holding an 8lb weight during the blasts...thank you A-Jock!

B - 2 hardboiled egg whites with guacamole, oatmeal and half a grapefruit
S - cottage cheese and banana
L - salad with tuna, an apple and a slice of sprouted flaxseed bread with PB
S - steamed veggies
D - jerk chicken with mashed plantains and roasted asparagus with plain yogurt and strawberries for dessert.

I gotta run! Have a great day everyone.
Wendi

First, here's our roll call...

Name: Wendi
Children: None
SO/DH/DF: BF, Tom, of 2 years
I'm doing this challenge to break my sugar addiction and help me through the summer months when my work doesn't allow for consistent workouts and to lose my pesky back fat by the middle of summer.
Favorite Cathe workout: Ooh, toughie! My go-to DVD has to be IMAX 2.

Robin
51 yrs
North central PA
Microbiologist
Special needs son - 23
Daughter - 19
Special needs grandson - 7 months
Married to DH 30 years
Goals, reasons - I have no problem with the working out aspect of a healthy life style, but the eating healthy is a hugh problem for me. I hope to tighten up some of the jiggle and evaporate some of the flab before my yearly vacation to the beach in July and the road trip in August.
My favorite Cathe workout varies from day to day, but probably Rhythmic Step or Step Blast

Name: Gayle
Children: Jacob, 9 and Zachary 6
SO/DH/DF: Fiance Mike (no wedding date in sight, lol)
I'm doing this challenge to keep me accountable and get back to my goal weight (about 12 pounds to go). Seems I like a challenge and as soon as I GET to goal, I can't STAY at goal. I'm taking this one day at a time.
Favorite Cathe workout: Ooh, I agree...a toughie. Currently, Drill Max and the Pyramids. But it changes all the time! lol

Name: Shelley
Occupation: Senior Administrator for a Propery Developer (we build mostly luxury high-rise condominiums)
Children: One daughter, age 9
SO/DH/DF: Chris is my SO of 6 years
Reason/Goal: I guess I'd like to have more control over what goes into my mouth. It's pretty sad when some days, the first thing I do after getting out of bed is grab a cookie. I have a really poor family health history and I'd like to keep myself as healthy as possible to try to stave some of that off. I also have that layer of flab that I'd like to see diminished and as one gets older, it's more difficult to do that with just exercise.
Favorite Cathe workout: I don't really have a fave. It used to be Bootcamp, but these days it changes with my mood. For strength, I love the Pyramids and the Gym Styles.

Name: Tneah
Kids: Our 156 pound Newfoundland,George!
DH:My sweetie and I have been married 4 years, together 7.
Favorite Cathe workout: Oh dear, there are so many. Probably the Pyramids, time just flies by! But each time I get through the original Imax (modifications noted) I feel so accomplished.
Goals: To tame the monster that is my sweet tooth, clean up my diet, limit the wine,limit the amount of junk food we keep in the house.
Maybe even lose a little belly blubber!

Name: Cody
Children: 2 - mark is 7 and sophia is 5
SO/DH/DF: dh - mark. 10 years this august
i'm trying to clean up my diet to help with leaning myself out and just to feel better in general. my moods and my body definitely respond sensitively to what i eat and drink. clean eating keeps me feeling good mentally and physically
Favorite Cathe workout: i'm not sure i can pick one. depends on my mood, but i am currently really enjoying body max 2.

Name: Lorie
Children: five rescue dogs
SO/DH/DF: Rob
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals (i.e. lose weight, better eating habits, break the sugar addiction...)? I need to get better eating habits and into the habit of eating regular meals. I am also addicted to sugar and needed to show myself I could cut it out (at least temporarily).
Favorite Cathe workout: Body Max 2 or Drill Max (right now...they always change)

Name: Jess
Children: 3 girls ~ ages 8, 6, & almost 4
SO/DH/DF: Married to my wonderful dh, Greg, for 10 1/2 yrs
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals?
To stay accountable. I'm doing my first round of P90X and want to see as much definition as I can from hard work & eating right!

Name: Patty (iris is a favorite flower)
Children: 3 of 'em 17, 16, 12
SO/DH/DF: DH for 22 years
Why are you doing this challenge?: It's a great reality check. I am working on losing weight. Thinking "eat clean" helps me learn so much about about why I eat and overeat certain foods.
Favorite Cathe Workouts: I'm kind of a beginner here. Currently, it's the LIC premixes. I just can't make it though an entire advanced Cathe yet.

Name: Shirl
Occupation: SAHM & I work part-time at a corporate wellness center as a trainer.
Children: 3 - DS 11y/o, DS 9y/o & DD 6y/o
SO/DH/DF: Bill - married 15 years this August!
I'm doing this challenge to keep me on track! I need some accountability and this seems to be working for me. I would like to lose that extra layer of fat I have been carrying around since the birth of my DD six years ago. I seem to have fallen in that "Mommy trap"; I finish what they haven't and then some!
Favorite Cathe workout: Cardio - Imaxes - Weights - GS & Pyramids - Circuit - Terminator. I actually love them all! I am a premix/mish-mosh freak!

Name: Vilma
Occupation: SAHM - Jane of all trades; Master of 4 (my family )
Children: 3 (DD '90, DS '92, DD '98)
SO/DH/DF: DH married (6-12-88) together 23 yrs this past May
Why are you doing this challenge?
To be aware of what I eat in order to become a healthy happier me - When momma is happy everyone is happy
Favorite Cathe workout: IMAX2 most definitely w/ LIC coming in as a close 2nd

Name: Stephanie
location, Toronto, ON, Canada
occupation, dietitian, specializing in HIV care
children, none, but 2 dogs, boston terrier, David Bowie, pug, Roxie Music
S/O, Christian, 10 years together, got the ring, no wedding
Why join the check in? as you can see, i'm a registered dietitian, and quite knowledgeable about eating. I am a vegan, work out daily, and too just want to lean out more, and be accoutable. Weekends are tough, i'm a bit of a stress eater!
Fav workouts: love the IMAX's, and PKC, doing a gym styles rotation now.

Name: Carola
Children: Samuel, 11 and Tristan, 7 plus Scooter, 1 (mini aussie), Tuxedo, 1 (mini aussie), Pepper, 2 (mini aussie), Cody, 9 (German Shepherd mix), Nemo, 2 (house cat and king of the castle), Tinkerbell, 4 (scardy cat - doesn't like the dogs)
DH: Paul, married for 10 years
Why join the check in? Accountability, having to check in and confess, makes me not want to mess up. Need to lose quite a bit of weight brought on by "diets" which didn't start until my mid 30s and coincidentally moving to the US.
Fav workouts: DrillMax, Rythmic Step, KPC & PUB, PLB

Name: Kel (Kelly)
Children: A spoiled furry little fella named Skippy
SO/DH/DF: Tony, married 18 years this November, together 20 years this past March
Reason/Goal: I need to be much more aware of what I put in my mouth, especially regarding whether it's truly clean or not. I eat healthy most of the time but I'm obviously not doing something right because I'm not seeing the results I desire, even though I work out intensely 5 days a week & do construction work at least one day during the weekend too. So I'd like to post my meals & hopefully get some feedback. I also need to eliminate the glass of wine or beer I tend to consume during the evenings when winding down from my day at work.
Favorite Cathe workout: For cardio, I'd pick IMAX 2 & Pyramids for strength. For total body, I'd pick Muscle Endurance & for a circuit workout, I think I'd choose Boot Camp

Name: Phyllis
Children: 3 - DS (16), DD (15), DD (13); 1dog, 3cats, 1 parakeet, 75 gal aquarium
SO/DH/DF: married 21 years!
I needed to tighten the eating up. Hopefully, it will help me get rid of the pooch and the thigh cellulite!

Name: Valerie
Stay at Home Mom
Married to DH almost ten years
Children: 3
I'm doing the challenge to train myself to choose better snacks and meals. I used to reach for a box of cookies or Cheezits when I wanted a snack, but now I'm a little wiser about what I put in my mouth. I'm so glad there are several of us in this together!!
My main goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm no longer interested in trying to be rail-thin; I want to be toned and healthy, and I want to be around a long time for my husband and children.
Fave Cathe workout: it does change periodically, but right now I am loving Low Max!

Okay, I woke up this morning feeling like crap and feel like I have a bit of a stomach bug (I won't go into details!!!). So, I am not sure what my day is going to look like food-wise or exercise. Right now, it's looking like a lie in bed and watch bad TV day. Ugh! Not looking good for a workout!

Lorie

morning phyllis, shelley, wendi, lorie and all who follow -

phyllis, i'll be in that same situation tomorrow night at a function. i would have done same as you - what choice do we really have?

shelley, i'd love to get the recipe for that pasta dish you're having for dinner if you don't mind! sounds yummo.

wendi, do you make your jerk chicken with store bought jerk seasonings or make your own? dh loves this and i'm always looking for a good way to make it.

lorie, i hope you feel better. take it easy today!

i did ok yesterday, but i think i need to go to bed at 9 each night to avoid those munchies that hit around 9:45, lol.

today:
b - toasted sprouted ww bread w/pb
s - yogurt w/blackberries
l - havana salad from tosca's website
s - protein shake after workout
d - salad w/tuna and chick peas

workout today is lic upper body circuit :)

Good morning everyone!
Looks like this check-in rocks!! Everyone is so supportive! Now we just need to be on call all the time if one of us goes food crazy!
Last nights workout was Amy Bento's KBX + abs, i really like that workout actually, its my first Amy Bento.
Today, GS, BSB, and bar method,likely some lower body.
Food,
B: usual, oats, hemp, sprouted flax, maca, almond milk, berries....
S: fruit (pear)
l: veg soup, carrots, hummus, fruit(apple) same damn lunch everyday!
s: nat PB and ryveta
D: broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom, lentils, pureed tomato, garlic, likely oats, cause i love cereal more than anything else!
Have a great day everyone, weather is strange in Toronto today, its cool temp wise, but humid as crazy, and it might even freeze over tonight!
Steph

Good morning, everybody!

Phyllis-I think you did just fine. Another pat on the back for skipping bread AND dessert!

Shelley-at one point, you were running/training for a half marathon, but didn't have a date or event picked out (at least, that's what I remember reading...the minds sometimes....lol). What's the scoop with that? Enjoy the run!

Wendi-maybe you should give running a try! I'm a running enabler, lol. The raisins...could have been chips, right?

Steph-cool temp, humis, then FREEZE? Talk about weird weather!

Codi-like you, my munchies hit around 9pm. I've been putting the kids to bed at 8pm, cleaning up downstairs for an hour or so, then shutting everything down and doing stuff upstairs as far away from my friend The Pantry as possible!

OK.....today's is day 8 for me of clean eating. I'm psyched to have hit that 1 week mark. That's when I really start to feel a BIG difference in my clothes, my core, and more importantly my attitude!

I started off today with MIS and Stretch Max 1. My log shows that I haven't done MIS in over a YEAR! lol. That's a tough one. Cathe just keeps going and going with the heavy weights in this one! I really enjoyed the sweat that started right with the first set of squats and dripped right on thru the stretch! LOL

Here's today's planned menu:
B: cereal, skim, banana
S: apple
L: salad with tuna and balsamic vinegar
S: ???
D: Scrambled egg whites and ww muffin (kids asked for breakfast for dinner tonight, lol)
S: something lite if needed.

Gayle

My eating has been pretty good lately, my weakness lately is coffee drinks.
I love Starbucks (anyone tried the new orange mocha frappuccino?
:9 OMG!) and BK mocha iced coffee.
I am not buying those except for maybe once on the weekends, and I've found some recipes and make them healthier at home with lite soymilk but still am having a hard time staying away from the Hersheys syrup. I can make them with unsweetened cocoa and splenda or chocolate protein powder and often do but sometimes I just gotta have the BAD STUFF!:eek:

Anyway , that's todays confession.

I have no idea about meals today yet but I'm starving so I'm off to find something healthy!:9

Oh and Wendi, I LOVE your idea of hard boiled egg whites with guacomole!!. Since I saw you post that a while ago , I've had that , YUM , and also tried it with hummus. Love them both.
Thanks for the great idea !:7

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Gayle,
I would NEVER have thought of that. But it sounds so good !!
Will have to try it.
I just had eggwhites with guacomole and am gonna make a cantaloupe smoothie!
Hard workout today & I am HUNGRY!!!! ; )
050208_10008324294.gif

Cody - I think it was you who asked about the recipe. I'd love to give it to you, but it's my SO's concoction (he's a chef) and there is no recipe. He just throws things together and magic happens:p It's basically just a tomato sauce and I think he uses the jarred roasted red peppers pureed in the food processor and whatever kind of hot chili peppers are on hand that he sautees with garlic and some onion in a bit of olive oil. Then he uses the crushed tomatoes. If he's feeling ambitious, he does his own tomatoes and roasted peppers, but he rarely has time to do that. Then he just plays with the seasonings. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Gayle - Yes, I was/am training for a half but I STILL can't find one to run. They seem to be few and far between here unless I want to drive far away. At this point I'm looking at the Toronto half which is in October.

Well, I did well y'day until the homemade banana nut bread I had at 8:30. I guess I needed the carb for my workout this morning, right? :p I did KPC + abs this morning. I haven't done it in a while (subbed it for Kenpo which I don't care for!).

I haven't eaten yet, am headed to make breakfast after I cool down a minute.

Phyllis ~ Sounds like you made the best choice in your situation. It's hard when you're at someone else's mercy for a healthy dinner!

Hi, All!

Lorie, sorry you're feeling sick...hope it passes quick!

bceogirl, sounds like you are moving in the right direction with the coffee drinks. Baby steps are fine! You can do it!

Phyllis, Shelley, Wendi, Cody, Stephanie, Gayle (oh my! hope I got everyone else here so far) Your menus look so yummy! I wasn't really hungry for breakfast before reading thru them, but now my tummy is grumbling.

B oatmeal with chopped apple
s cottage cheese, pineapple
l barley vegetable soup, mixed green salad with avocado, etc
s hummus on a brown rice cake, celery sticks
d veggie chili over brown rice
s pineapple

Everyone have a great day,
Patty

Good Morning Clean Eaters,

I have a crazy, busy day ahead of me. I AM going to stick to my plan - which I haven't completely decided on yet. I had breakfast -4 egg whites, 1oz parm, 1c tomatoes, ezkiel toast and green tea. Now I have to plan the rest of my menu. I did Bosu Blast minus core work this morning and YogaX is on tap tonight.
Let's make today great!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I
>skipped the bread and dessert but had 2 meatballs and the
>ziti. So, here's my question. What's a gal to do in that
>situation?
>

Do the best you can and move on! You did great, Phyllis! It is unrealistic to think that we can eat clean 100 % of the time, all the time.

I don't even think we should, I want to enjoy life and I plan for little cheats every day, that way I don't do it every day but I plan for it. And I can forgive myself and move on, instead of dwelling on how bad I was for eating something I am not supposed to.

For me, if I am too strict with my diet for a period of time, it will result in a binge eating, pig out feast.

I didn't stick to my plan yesterday, but I actually didn't eat enough, I fell asleep before dinner.

The plan for today:

B: Oatmeal, flaxseeds, wheatgerm, raspberries & yogurt

No idea about what to eat for snack, lunch and dinner. My fridge is empty and I need to go to the grocerie store, see what they have that looks good and fresh. I will BBL and post what I'll eat

My workout today will be a 45 min walk/run plus Push/Pull

Have a terrific day everyone!

Carola

I keep forgetting to do this, so here I am:

Name: Carrie
Children: 2, (13 dd, 15 ds)
SO/DH/DF: DH, married for 15 years!!! Yep, high school sweetheart and still going strong;)
I'm doing this challenge to break my sugar addiction and to help me focus. And to help me lose weight to get through recovery process from back problems.
Favorite Cathe workout: LIC

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Another one to add to roll call.

Name: Carrie
Children: 2, (13 dd, 15 ds)
SO/DH/DF: DH, married for 15 years!!! Yep, high school sweetheart and still going strong
I'm doing this challenge to break my sugar addiction and to help me focus. And to help me lose weight to get through recovery process from back problems.
Favorite Cathe workout: LIC

Hi, Carrie!

Lorie

A big hello to you all!

Phyllis, don't sweat it, remember that Sophia Loren has always said, "Everything you see, I owe to pasta!":) God bless her.

Raisins are better then M&M's! You all are doing so well-way to go!
Oh, I was tempted to try the orange frozen drink at Starbucks, minus the whipped cream of course!:7

So I woke up last night, started my period.x( Was ravenous, so I made myself a gross little sandwich consisting of two pieces of "light" whole wheat bread (my DH's favorite)with 1 tablespoon of real mayo and 1 slice of Oscar Mayer light bologna!:eek: Boy was it good. At least I did not give into my PMS sweet tooth cravings, which can include things like Reeses peanut butter cups, M&M's, ice cream, etc....I have been craving fats now.Good grief.

Here is today's plan. I feel pretty wiped out on my first day, and am never really hungry-which might be a good thing!

B-mango,coffee, Midol

S-4 egg whites-spinach-ff tortilla-salsa-Midol :)

L-not sure, but maybe some tuna, chickpeas, broccoli sprouts -more Midol

S-not sure-Midol

D- cannot think that far ahead right now, but will probably include more Midol!
;-)

Everyone have a great day and super workouts!

I will be skipping mine today, I get pretty sick during this lovely time, so will be heading back to bed with my heating pad for an hour or so. These are times I am so grateful I work from home!!!

Liquids ~ 60 oz water, 2 cups coffee

Breakfast ~ Protein pancake w/ 1 T. NM PB

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring! Probably a chicken breast again for dinner (my dh grilled a whole bunch on Sunday!).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.