Clean Eaters June 6th

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning clean eaters!

Yesterday wasn't great. I ate that awful trail mix, and then when I got home I had a cookie. I blame PMS. I went for my run, which was abysmal. Trail mix and cookies are NOT good fuel for running, especially when you already have running-related tummy issues. So I didn't really eat any dinner, I just had a few crackers.

Hopefully today will be better but I'm still fighting the PMS monster.x(

B - the usual
S - apple and half a wholegrain English muffin with organic strawberry spread
L - leftover WW pasta with roasted red pepper and chili sauce with some white beans thrown in
S - yogurt, granola and strawberries
D - whatever my SO decides to concoct, since he's home today

Workout is GS Legs and abs.

I have to laugh at what some of you consider bad. Trail mix and pumpkin seeds. My bad is usually 2 chocolate frosted, cream filled donuts. Now THAT is bad.

Today's b-fast and lunch are the same as ever. I'm getting my haircut after work and the hairdresser had to reschedule me for an hour later then normal. Since I'll be getting home later, DH volunteered to make dinner. That is great, but it won't be particularly clean. He's planning on making ravioli with meat sauce. I'll have to have a small serving and have a larger salad. I also have to squeeze in PLB into the evening.

Have a clean day all.

Morning Shelley and all those to follow.

I wouldn't worry too much Shelley. Yesterday wasn't good for me either. I am also blaming PMS for my chocolate indulgence. Today is another day though.

B - Fruit
S - Fruit
L - Corn cakes and soya cheese (is this bad?)
S - Fruit
D - Vegie stir fry or chickpea burgers.

Workout is butts and guts.

Have a great day everyone.

Kim
:)
PS Hi Robin your message wasn't there when I started typing.

Robin - the trail mix was the really awful kind that's LADEN with salt and full of M&M's. Not that I'm trying to "outbad" you here, but the salt wreaks havoc on my digestive system.

Kim - that's a lot of fruit. Maybe you should throw some complex carbs or nuts or something in there? And what are corn cakes?

Hi Shelley - Maybe too much fruit is my downfall too. I will look try something else. Thanks for the suggestion. Corn cakes are like rice cakes but made from corn. I find if I eat rice cakes I tend to eat far too many in one sitting.x(

I agree w/ Shelley. Defintely add in some complex carbs (oatmeal, brown rice) or some yogurt and some nuts or something for a bit of fat to help you feel more full. If I eat just fruit I'm starving in half an hour. I'll do an apple w/ a bit of PB, or berries in yogurt, etc. HTH! I love the soy crisps which are similar to rice cakes, but they are easy to eat a whole bag too! (especially the white cheddar- yum!)

Looks like it's PMS time for everyone around here!! (but not me!)

Well, I went for an early 12 mile bike ride. I was exhausted when I woke up (at 4:30AM) so I had a PB Access bar (energy bar that helps your body burn fat). No breakfast yet, just coffee when I got back. I will probably have my usual oatmeal or a protein pancake. Not sure on the plan for the rest of the day, but NO more banana bread! ;-)

Shelley ~ It's hard to run when you have tummy issues. I know that well!! Just wanted to say good luck if you train for a half. I LOVE the half distance, hope to run another one in the fall also. I have a 5K coming up a week from Sat. :)

good morning shelley, robin, kim, phyllis, and all clean eaters who wander over today :)

i did ok yesterday, ate very well actually. but then my hair clients ran late so i didn't get to workout, and my last client of the day was a friend of mine who stayed for a glass of wine, so i ended the day badly :(

i'm starting today annoyed that i didn't workout yesterday b/c i have zero time to workout today. today was my scheduled rest day, but now i'm all thrown off b/c of yesterday!

menu for today:

b- two slices sprouted ww bread w/pb
s- yogurt and an apple
l- leftover havana salad
s- banana
d- i have a banquet tonight for the cheerleading team that i coach, so it will be your basic buffet nightmare, lol.

have a good day everyone!

Good morning everyone!

Are we all battling the PMS monster this week? I, too, hit some trail mix yesterday and have been ravenous for the past day or so. I couldn't resist...it was calling out to me from the bulk bins at Hannaford. I opted for the healthiest version I could find...sorry Shelley lol.

Other than that yesterday was fabulous and I even spent the night cooking for the week because I'm going to be leaving for work very, very early and getting home very, very late through Sunday and I don't want to fall prey to carry out or drive thru because I'm too tired to cook.

B - Spanish egg white omelette, oatmeal and half a grapefruit
S - cottage cheese and banana
L - salad, grilled chick with mango salad, an apple, sprouted flaxseed bread with PB (the BEST part of the day!)
S - 1/2 sweet potato
D - leftover clean up...broiled tilapia with mango salad, steamed veggies and yogurt with strawberries

I skipped today's workout because I have a riding marathon ahead of me today (probably 8 or so horses plus a bit of fencing repair) and figure that will take care of it.

Have a great day everyone!
Wendi

P.S. Lorie, I hope you're feeling a bit better today...Carola too!

Good morning!

Shelley- Sorry about that nasty monster. Those are the worst!

Robin- Your quote from League(?sp.. too early) of Their Own goes great with this check-in. I love that movie!

Kim- Shelley's points are great. I think judging just one food is a dilema (especially without a lot of details). There may be better choices, but also worse choices for any particular food. As Shelley is suggesting, start by looking at your whole intake. I think most of us here are just trying to eat cleaner than usual, so you will see lots of individual foods that are not considered perfectly clean. However, when you look at the most people's entire day, I think they are great! HTH

Phyllis- Great work! I often buy treats that are not a favorite for me for the kids and parties. This does help so much with temptation!

My plan

B-sliced boiled egg, topped with sauted veggies
s- oatmeal, half banana
L- leftover veggie chili, pear
s- plain yogurt with berries
D- baked tilapia, quinoa with peas, swiss chard
s- watermelon, a few nuts

Patty

P.S. Jess, Cody, Wendi, and Stephanie - Hi, sorry, I missed you. I just post sooo slowly!x( :)

Good morning everyone!
I think the fun part of this check-in will be seeing when we do slip, which is so normal!!! what we consider "bad"!! Shelley, i too dont think trail mix is that bad!! and M&M's are small, so they dont count :)
today's workout, drillmax leg blast and abs, love that one!!
B: usual
s:fruit
L:usual
s:pB and ryveta, i guess that's usual!
d: likely salad, ezekial bread, hummus, and fruit, lots of strawberries from the market yesterday!!
Steph

Good morning. It's still early and we already have a ton of posts! Great to see everybody!

Yesterday ROCKED! I passedup a plate full of JUNK stuff that I know would have tasted so goooooooooood! LOL I babysit on Tuesdays at a mom's group, and yesterday was our last for the school year. They held there end-of-year breakfast and treated all the child care workers to a potluck plate and OJ. Well, on that plate wer a few casseroles, quiches, blueberry muffin, lemon pie wedge, kiffles, etc. I politely covered it with plastic wrap and told them I'd eat it at home. Got home....tossed that puppy right in the trash and had an apple instead! That set my day off really well and I finished yesterday (day 8) completely clean! YEAH!

This morning was Step Blast and Ab Hits 2. Meals for today:
B: cereal and banana
S: grapes
L: salad with tuna and balsamic vinegar
D: grilled turkey breat, baked potato, corn on the cob
S: cereal with skim milk

GAYLE

wendi, the havana salad is from tosca reno's website www.eatcleandiet.com. it is so good, i try to make it once every two weeks or so and i just have it for lunch and dinner for a few days. here's the recipe...

INGREDIENTS

1 cup avocado, peeled and diced
1 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp cumin, ground
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
4 cups brown rice, cooked
15 ounces black beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

METHOD:

In a large bowl, combine the avocado, vinegar, olive oil, cumin and black pepper, and then toss.
Now add the rice, tomatoes, beans, parsley and cilantro, and mix thoroughly.
Let the salad chill in the refrigerator before serving.

YIELD:
Makes 6 servings

NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Calories: 277
Fat: 7g
Carbs: 45g
Protein: 9g
Cholesterol: 0 mg

Good morning, clean eaters!
Yesterday was okay for me until I got the craving for something chocolate, which I hadn't had in a while. Around 10:00 I ate a bag of those 100 calorie snacks, the Oreo wafers, and I felt bad that I ate them, especially that late at night. Oh well, today is a new day. I am happy, though, that the scale shows I've dropped a couple of pounds as a result of the clean eating over the past few weeks.
Here's today in a nutshell:
Workout--overslept and missed it, but will try to do it later
B--whole wheat, extra fiber toast with apple and oatmeal
L--veggie wrap in whole wheat pita, yogurt with berries
D--maybe baked chicken with a few vegetables--not sure yet
Glad we're all in this together--have a great, clean day!
Valerie

Good Morning!!! Yep, today I'm off and it's the end the school year, so I get summer vacation. This is the first year I've got to take the summer off with pay:) I'm not going to let it get to my head however, I'm sure I'll get bored within a week and be right out there working again somewhere. Hmmmm, maybe the local fitness center needs some summer help...

Anyways, I did great yesterday. I took advantage of our cool weather and made a rhubarb pie when I got home from work. The family was impressed since it is soooo rare that I bake. Unfortunately, since I don't bake much, the crust was hard as a rockx( I think it was because I added too much sugar to the crust. Or maybe I secretly sabatoged it so I wouldn't want to eat it, hmmmm interesting how the mind works:D

So far, so good this morning, only 2 cups of coffee, 2 egg whites and a plum.

Have a great day everyone, I'll check back in later.

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hi Clean Eaters!

After my workout (legs and abs) I had a huge healthy breakfast:
egg beater omelet stuffed full with spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes, ww cinnamon raisin toast w/ npb and cantaloupe.
Lots of water !:9

Lunch with be a salad with tuna

Snack smoothie

Dinner not sure yet but maybe a veggie burger or salmon ww wrap and apple.

Good morning fellow clean eaters. Sounds like everyone has a great plan for today!

Well, yesterday went really great until my DH got home. He'd had a rough couple of days at work so he wanted to go out for dinner & a beer. So... we ended up going someplace that I couldn't really choose anything clean. I ended up getting a turkey sandwich on dark bread with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, & mayo (I know... BAD!)... AND I couldn't resist getting a couple of beers or eating a few of the chips either! At least I only ate half of the sandwich with the bread & the other half breadless. I'm with Shelley on that PMS monster thing. Ugh! Anyway, I felt so bad about it when I got home that I did the 19 minute add-on hi/lo premix from SJP & then stretched a bunch. That made me feel a little better anyway.

So what do I do now? I guess I just look at it as a new day, right?

This morning, I started off with Jari's RTTC (I'd never done that workout before & I thought it was pretty good), 2 cups of coffee & a large glass of water. Here is my plan for today (& I sure hope it goes as planned this time!):

Meal 1: 1/2 banana & 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (already eaten)
Snack: 1/2 banana & 1/2 cup Kashi cereal (Heart to Heart mixed with Good Friends)
Water with White Tea to Go
Meal 2: Kashi Frozen Dinner (I hope these are considered "clean")
Water
Snack: Apple with peanut butter or non fat yogurt
Water
A few almonds when I get home
Meal 3: Large mixed greens salad with chicken breast or grilled meat & veggies
Water

Good luck to everyone else battling PMS... & good luck to everyone eating clean today!

Kim,

I agree with Shelley. It looks like you're not eating enough! Fruit has no fat and not a lot of calories. Maybe eat some more (complex carbs and protein)? I know before this challenge, I rarely ate meals and many times went without eating all day. That's definitely one thing I will take from this challenge...eat more. I've actually lost weight doing it.

Lorie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.