::: CHEETAHS - Wednesday:::

Good morning Cheetahs! Where is everyone? I'm really surprised to be starting us off this morning. This will need to be a quick post. Work is calling my name. I think today will be a 3 mile run. We are supposed to get some rain which will be bringing more seasonable temps our way so if it is cooler today then I might take Chelsea out for a short 1/2 miler. She can't go any farther than that now.

Cathy - Good job on WW! How much have you lost so far?

Well, I'm all caught up on personals from yesterday! I'll BBL. WAVES to all cheetahs!

Good morning Kristi and fellow Cheetahs!

I only have a second because I have to be to work a bit earlier so I can get as many horses ridden as I can before it gets too hot. I tried to do Lomax this morning but had to stop during the warm up. I sneezed pretty hard last night and my rib is killing this morning...stupid, huh? If it isn't too hot later (no A/C in my house) and I feel okay after my riding marathon I'll try again.

Have a good one!

Good Morning Kristi, Wendi and all who follow.

Hey Wendi, I just typed your name with a "Y"! :7

Well, I still feel like crud but it's holding steady. I am not getting any worse and I was able to breath all day and all night and can still breath this mroning so I am thankful for that atleast. I am also not running a fever so yeay on that note as well.

The work out I will attempt today is to make up tricep work that I missed y'day as well as do one additional body part. If I am up to it I will also attempt some cardio. I was considering hitting the gym for the cardio but on second thought, I think I will stay home. I may take Joey to the park if it's not too hot out there....perhaps being out in the not-so-fresh Jersey air will make me feel better. :7

Last night was fun. My Uncle (my dad's brother) is a hoot. He's got a great sense of humor and simply ADORES children. He is a hit whenever he is around kids. Joey had a blast with him last night!:+ This is a guy who, when he still lived in NJ, drove a couple of hours ONE WAY on Christmas Eve just to play Santa for a variety of children he knew including my neices and nephews who live in NY state. He would hit the houses between say 11pm and 1am in the morning like he was the REAL Santa and deliver gifts to them! My neices and nephews would get soooo excited and were in awe. They totally believed it was the real Santa!!! My Uncle did this a for a few years before he decided to relocate to Florida. He was talking last night about how he loved doing that and misses it now that he's not around anymore.

Okay...I'm getting a bit long winded here....let me know refill my coffee cup...or...perhaps I don't need the caffeine!!!:p

BBL!:7

Good morning all! Posting from work, it's been busy but not insane so that's always a good thing! When I get home I'll go for an interval run- 800m at 10k race pace x 8.

Kristi- Hope you get the rain and cooler temps today. It'll make your run alot more tolerable at least!

Wendi- You poor baby, I can't imaging going into work for a riding marathon with your rib hurting so much! Girl, whatever they pay you it is not enough! I like your plans on pursuing a Rad Tech cert possibly. They do get paid pretty well and there is a constant demand.

Wendy- Glad to hear you can breathe at least! Your Uncle from Fla sounds like a great guy! Hope you can get your workout in today and feel better!

Duty calls now. I wish all the cheetahs a fantastic Hump day!

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...don't you just love the blurry drops the eye Dr gives you?....http://bestsmileys.com/eek/4.gif[/img]...Sounds like you enjoyed Body Fusion. I think you should get the massage your Chiro referred you too. Quads feel much better today. I was glad I waited a day until I ran, but the run felt good.

Kristi...thanks, it was nice to push again last sunday racing, but I am paying for the soreness...:)..sounds like you got in a great workout in 20 min yesterday. Hope the 3 mile run goes well today.

Wendi...sounds like you have things in plan for the job change. I hope things workout for you as you sound excited about the job change! I do remember that sneezing can be tough on the ribs...I hope the riding goes well today.

Wendy...your Uncle sounds lie a great guy. I have an Uncle that used to do "Santa", but he is a bit long winded...:)..Hope the cold lets you workout.

Shelly...glad DH gave you the foot massage, I bet that felt so nice after the 20 miler. The Man against Horse race sounds very tough, but I am sure you are ready. I did the GS leg workout as I am trying to work my legs a bit heavier than the BBC leg workout does. Hope you enjoy All Body Attack yesterday. Glad to hear work is not too insane today. Enjoy your interval run.

Jackie...sounds like a good workout from Gilad. Good job with iTread for 60 min!

Susan...hope you haf fun with the GS workout. The leg workout was fun yesterday but worked me hard as they were still a bit sore from day!

I am doing BBC Arms & Abs, and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...

Good morning Cheetahs!

At work now, but wanted to say hello to you all and wish you a nice Hump Day!!!!

I have taken some time off. I meant to run this AM, but I want to give my hip an extra day not to be sore.

It will be ok, but I pulled it out last week doing Leslie Sanson's 4 mile walk DVD (which I loved).

Tomorrow - I am going to do a Cathe Step DVD. Not too sure yet.

Have a great day!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good morning ladies!

Susan - Feeling better today? Did IMAX do the job? I like iTreads more so than CC because I work harder for Grace. I like that she gives me numbers to work from. I don't think I push myself with CC because he's letting me choose. Easy to cheat.

Shelly - Can't wait to hear the race report for your Man Against Horse race. It does sound like a great challenge. Actually, I think putting more hills in my runs is helping my hamstrings. Go figure. Guess I was overworking everything else. Enjoy your interval run.

Wendy - Your body probably needed the extra rest. Glad you had a nice dinner at your mom's and fun with your uncle. Hope you feel better. Don't want you to be sidelined.

Kristi - Great run yesterday! Those 20 minute runs are intense and I like that. DS still getting a lot of homework? Hope you get in a good run today.

Wendi - Sounds like you're doing some good planning and thinking things through. Good luck! Oh, yeah, the plum jam in the oats sounds totally delicious.

Cathy - What is Body Fusion? Sounds like a nice little workout. Glad WW is going well. An adjustment and a massage on the same day sounds like heaven to me.

Carole - Enjoy your run and Barry today.

Christine - How are you today?

Hello to all others.

Today was supposed to be speed drills but I opted for iTread #13 Sprints. I warmed up with 5 minutes on the elliptical and a little stretching. I decided to challenge myself and kept the runners' pace and added a couple of extra sprints to get in 4 miles. I used the foam roller for about 20 minutes of stretching.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Good morning ladies,
I am up and ready to run 5 miles. I will then do some ab work and maybe pure strength lying leg work. I really like that lower body portion with the body bar:) I did the GS ba, sh, bi's last night and it was fun. I forgot what a fun and effective workout that is. My 7 year old did the whole thing with me with her 2lbers.

Kristi, enjoy your run and hopefully it will not rain.

Wendi, I hate when stuff like that gets in the way of a workout. When I was pregnant with my middle child, I sneezed and fractured a rib. You don't realize how powerful a movement a sneeze is. I hope you get it in later:)

Wendy, I hope you feel better today and get a workout in. If you don't feel like it though, take a day off. You will make up for it later;-)

Shelly, glad that work is not too insane for you today. Have a great run, you always do;-)

CArole, have a good run and great upper body workout. I kind of forgot about the BBC workouts. I am going to start focusing on strength gains now instead of endurance. I may have to actually open my slow and heavy dvd that has never been touched. Those workouts scare the heck out of me}(

Amy, good for you for letting the hip heal. You will be running in no time.

Jackie, yes, Imax2 took the pms blues away. I love that workout! Thanks for giving me your input on the itread vs. cardio coach. I will have to download some itreads and give it a try. Gotta love the foam roller;-)

Well ladies, I am off to take kids to school. Have a great morning and great workouts!

Susan

I truly think the Airborne is working! I am feeling better! I am not feeling great yet but definately not as bad as y'day! I hope this means I can atleast get through the weight work today BEFORE I lay down for a looong nap. :7

Susan, Less cardio worked great for me during the X. It hasn't done anything notable while training for the HM but my eating hasn't been all that great and I haven't been soley focused on heavy lifting the entire time either. If you are going to try it, I would suggest pairing it up with a heavy lifting rotation as opposed to endurance work outs. You also have to have your MAIN FOCUS be on the lifting, not the cardio. I am mainly focused on my running right now since I'm doing HM training.

Well, I'll be back at nap time for more personals. Just wanted to check in with y'all really quick for now.

Buh-bye!:)

Susan – Good luck with the 5 miles! You are doing a great job increasing your mileage. Do you have a rotation in mind or are you winging it? How many days/week do you run?

Wendy – Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. I’m glad you are starting to feel better. I’ve never tried Airborne before, but I’ve always thought about it. Maybe I should pick some up. Enjoy your nap. I’m jealous, I want one too!! :) :)

Jackie – You are one fast cheetah to keep the runner’s pace while doing the itreads. I hope to one day be able to do that. Which itreads are your favorites?

Amy – Resting your hip makes a lot sense. It is better most times to err on the side of caution to avoid a more serious injury. Enjoy your rest day!

Shelly – Have a great interval run!

Carole – Enjoy your day today! Glad to hear your quads are doing better.

Christine – Where are you?

Wendi – You sound very busy at work. Try to take care of your ribs while doing your riding marathon. Good luck in your job search.

I should be back after my lunch/workout. Talk at ya later!

Hi there Cheetahs!

FINALLY back at work! Between DH being hospitalized and me being sick, I was gone almost a week. Feels weird to be back. On the bright side – I have not gained back the weight I lost, yet. And my appetite is way down. On the down side – I have not worked out since Sunday. I’m hoping to get a short Spinervals and a 30 minute Yoga session in this afternoon over lunch. I have the Eoin Finn Yoga for Happiness and I’m dying to try it! I watched parts of it yesterday. And you gals can keep your Joeys and Bryans – I think Eoin is absolutely adorable!! I know I’m going to enjoy his yoga classes. :+

Shelly - I wanted to apologize to you. I was joking with you when I responded to your flu vs Lower GI Bug. I re-read my message and it did not sound that way. I appreciate all of your advice and your corrections. You’re a wonderful lady, and I don’t want you thinking I’m miffed – nor do I want you to be miffed at me. I value you way too much! Great job on the 20 miler! And great that DH gave you a foot massage!

Kristi - Hope your run with Chelsea happens! Enjoy your 3 miler and hopefully cooler temps!

Wendi – Horses? You ride horses? I’m jealous! I haven’t been on horseback in ages! I hope your rib feels better – be careful because you can crack a rib sneezing.

Wendy – Your Uncle sounds like a wonderful man! How sweet of him to do that! Hope you’re feeling better. My stomach is still a bit sensitive, but I’m feeling better.

Carole – sorry to hear you’re sore after your run, but it does feel good to push, doesn’t it? I’m so tempted to do maybe a 2 miler today, but it’s going to be so hot at noon. I think I’ll stick to a Spinervals. I’ll run tomorrow AM.

Amy – Good idea to rest the hip! Happy Hump Day to you too!

Jackie – I like iTread 13 Sprints! That one is fun!

Susan – I love that your DD7 did GS with you! How cute! Glad Imax 2 took the blues away – what a great workout! Enjoy your run! Hopefully you’ll get it in before it gets too hot!

Jimmy is getting neutered tomorrow. I would not NOT get him neutered, but I’m so nervous about him going under the knife. Poor guy. He’ll come into the office with me on Friday, and then I’ll have the weekend to get him through the trauma. I’m a nervous wreck over this…

Just wanted to share with you a story I heard on the news today. I thought it was pretty inspirational. Yesterday a 29 year old woman who has down syndrome swam across Lake Tahoe. It took her six hours. She did it to raise awareness of Down Syndrome.

For those of you who don't know Tahoe - it's a big COLD lake nestled around 5000 feet. Quite an accomplishment for anyone, let along someone who is considered mentally and physically challenged. Makes my half marathon coming up in 2 weeks seem a bit more doable... Enjoy!

5 miles DONE!!!! It wasn't even that bad. I am now going to do the kickmax leg conditioning drills and then call it a day:) I am going out to lunch with my girlfriends for Indian food, YUM!!!

kristi, I am running 3-4 days a week. I do once short one, which is 3 miles, 2 4.5 milers and my long run which is only 5miles right now, but want to get that to 7 or 8 miles. My goal is to get in at least 15 miles in a week and hopefully 20 on most. I am combining that with endurance leg work like Butts and Gutts or legs and glutes and heavy upper body.

Christine, In one of Eoins dvd's, he has his dog doing downward dog. I think it is his first one, just called Eionn's power yoga. He IS adorable and says funny lighthearted things. I like the magically hips section.

Well ladies, I am off to do my leg work.

Wendy, thanks for the info:)

SUsan

Oh dear am I behind on personals today. :-(

I just finished my work out. I ended up doing GS shoulders and tricpes as well as Kick Butt Boot Camp's kickbox segment for a little cardio. I was going to do abs as well but I am now thinking I will save them for tmrw along with a run. }(

Gonna go do some housework and shower up. When I come back I will catch up with personals...I PROMISE!!!!!:) :) :)

BTW, I am feeling better by the moment! Airborne is the freakin' bomb man!:7 NO NAP TODAY!!!!

Ok, I'm done acting like a dork...BBL!:)

I'm back from lunch. I only ran 2.5 miles, 1/2 mile with Chelsea outside and then 2 miles on the treadmill. I need to come up with a good time to run Chelsea. Running her during lunch and then jumping on the treadmill cuts into my actual workout time.

Christine - What an inspirational story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Susan - My goals rank right up there with yours. I would love to put in at least 20 miles/week. Currently, I'm still in the 2-3 mile range maybe 3-4 days a week trying to build back up again. But I'm planning to up that a little every week. I'm beginning a new rotation on Monday and plan to start being consistent in my training again and my eating. By Christmas I hope to be able to run 8-10 miles comfortably once again. Then after Christmas begin my HM training for the Derby. I want to cut my time down by at least 20 minutes, which I know is doable since I had about 5 walking breaks. The first 5 miles of hills killed me, but I don't want that to happen next year.

Hello, Cheetahs! So, I came to work this morning and had this long post all ready to go. Then, it went into cyberspace and I lost it. Not soon after, someone came to work on my computer (some of my scoring programs for some of the tests I give were infected). He came in at 9 AM and left at 2 PM!!! It took forever (not to mention that my smiley central smileys were deleted!!!)!

So, I have not read anything above but wanted to post.

I was all stuffy last night and was hoping I wasn't coming down with a cold. Well, I woke up this morning with a cold and my chest is a bit rumbly. I managed to do iTread #2 and ran 60 minutes and logged 6.8 miles. I really felt like I was dragging, though. Anyway, I am thoroughly PI$$ED OFF that I am getting sick before my 5K! I went and bought Airborne and have been taking that and vitamin C. I am hoping to dodge it. I will probably take an unplanned rest day tomorrow, although I don't feel like it! x( I do think I might have a bit of a fever and I am feeling like poo. Poor, poor me! ;)

Anyway, sorry for my total self-absorption! I will try to read above and be back.

Lorie - Sorry you are not feeling well. Great job on the 6.8 miles!! Unfortunately there are a few other cheetahs that have been sick too. I hope it goes away before your 5K.

Wendy - I just wanted to add that your uncle sounds like a really nice guy to do that for the kids. What a big heart!

Susan - What a workout for you today! How are the legs feeling? Hope you had a nice lunch with your friends. How's your friend coming with radiation?

Wendy - Glad you're feeling better and you were able to get your workout in. I think I've tried Airborne once.

Kristi - I really like iTread Sprints #13 & #19. Then there's iTread #21 Intervals. I also like any of the 40 or 45 minute ones.

Christine - Good to see you post. I'm sure you will get back on track with workouts. Nice that the weight has not come back yet. Sending good vibes to you and Jimmy tomorrow. Hope all goes well. Thanks for sharing that awesome story! We should be able to do anything.

Lorie - Great job on the 6.8 miles and not feelig well. Hope you feel better. Do take that rest day if you don't feel better.

It's almost time for me to call it a day. Can't believe the week is going so fast.

Have a good evening!

Jackie

Okay girls...I think I am finally able to do some personals...http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-thumbs-up-050.gif[/IMG]

Kristi: Nice run today. I'm sure you can't wait to get Chelsea to the point where she can run a longer distance with you. Keep up the training and I'm sure she'll be upping her mileage in no time.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/a-wink.gif[/IMG]

Wendi: I hope your rib feels better fast. Let us know if you manage a work out later. Hope it cools down soon by you!

Shelly: Okay, now what did all that jazz mean exactly: 800m at 10k race pace x 8??? I have no idea what that runner's linger translates to! LOL

Carole: I always TRY to work out if I am not running a fever. I figure if I would go to work with whatever is ailing me then I should try to work out with it as well. :) How was your time with Barry today? }(

Christine: Glad you are feeling better. I hope your lunchtime work out went well. Did you enjoy Yoga for Happiness? Jimmy will be fine. Don't worry...I know-easier said then done. How's DH doing?

Lorie: Sending get well vibes your way! Hit that airborne hard girl and you should start to feel better pretty quickly! I used it and it worked like a charm!!!:) 6.8 miles in an hour is pretty darn impressive for someone who is dragging!

Amy: Sending get better vibes to that hip!!! Hope it heals up fast!

Jackie: So it appears lots of you stretch using this foam roller doo-hickey-LOL...Is this something I should consider investing in?? I haven't done ITread 13 sprints in quite some time. I will begin using that one again post HM. I am trying to use #21 intervals on a weekly basis. I am seeing improvement after only doing it 3x!:+

Susan: Oh my gosh how cute that your dd did the work out with you with the 2# weights! I could see my son doing that in a few years!:7

Okay, it's time to get dinner going now...BBL to see what's going on around here!:)

BFN!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/hi-103.gif[/IMG]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.