::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone! :)

Kath [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I thought that sounded like a cool organization, too. Glad you beat the rain yesterday.

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I don’t mind (most) Mondays, either, so go ahead and revel in it. Why wouldn’t you when it’s your off day? Sorry about the disagreeable horse. I would be so afraid to ride him…hope the new footwear does the trick for ya…mmm, love souvlaki and tzatziki. Any chance you’d post a recipe, if you have time?...I actually see the reverse happening in my district—students are being taught more complex topics in the younger grades.

Shelly [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] hope you were able to plow through that list.

Carole [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] *lol* about the post-run carbo loading…those are the best race amenities, aren’t they? That was so kind of you to take some dinner to Betty. I bet she was quite appreciative of a good meal! Jealous of your massage. I’m sure you thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] a two-hour massage would be the bomb!!!! Hope you slept better last night.

WT [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] no yoga for me last night. I will likely fit it in on the weekends now. I’d gotten away from it for a bit there…Eionn does make me laugh.

Christine [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Oh yes, the nap on Saturday was needed. That is too funny that you saw Paul and Joanne! That *is* remarkable that the race included a majority of women. Don’t see that happen too often. Also never saw a 90+ category. Wow! Great official finish!

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] chuckling about the Joester watching the tube while on the pot…how’s the training coming along?...BF says she just wants to know…but she has said she’s scared it may be a boy. *lol* Don’t ask—I have no idea, either.

Gloria [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] congrats on the solid scores!...Monday is often a meeting day for us, too…I follow rotations but change up as needed. I need the flexibility as well.

Linda [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] *lol* about the Nachos Supreme. After studying Galloway’s, Bingham’s, and Higdon’s plans, I now have a revised plan, but I’m sure I haven’t done the last of my tweaking. Here’s what it looks like now, for this week for example:
M-rest, T-45 min. run + abs, W-4DS CST, R-45 min. run + abs, F-4DS B&B, S-Easy 3, S-6 miles + yoga

Last time I gave blood, I recall being told something similar. Sounds wise.

Sunny [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] thanks for the feedback on Tracey’s latest. I rarely reach for the Sweatfest, so I don’t think I’ll bite on any new ones, especially after hearing your thoughts.

Judy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] nice run!

No yoga last night. Hit the sack early. If the weather holds up, it'll be a run for me this afternoon. Otherwise, I'll switch up with tomorrow's workout and plug in the weights. I've had enough of rain and would like to see the sun!!

Have a great day, ladies!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Cathe and crew! :)

Cathe: It is scheduled to rain all week here. It is in the low 20's this morning. x( Enjoy your workout this evening and have a good day at school.

I did Rodney Yee Power Yoga this morning. I have been neglecting the yoga for a while and need to get back to it.

Have a great day everyone! BBL!

Morning beautiful Cheetahs :)

I'm up and at 'em--but feel like I could have slept a few more hours. I think the sleep has not been restful lately-- DH has been snoring up a storm lately. He is not an easy BEAR to wake to ask him to change position--so I end up on the couch--UGH! I will survive :)

Today I'm thinking 6mile run outside. It's cooler in my part of NY this morning- at least there is no rain for now. I'm going to head out early for it as that DD will be staying home again today. I think I may switch my runs up and start going out earlier--weather permitting. But this throws a monkey wrench into my meals. I now need to come up with a snack for 11am. Cause there is no way I can go too long without a snack before lunch. Anyone have any snack ideas? I'm getting tired of the apple slices and natural PB and or string cheese. Looking for low cal but good protein source. I welcome any ideas. :)

Linda: It was so crazy about hair dresser. My mom goes to her and doesn't have the heart to tell her she hates her hair color she dumps on her head---sometimes it looks purple--:eek: I'm actually thinking of getting her an appointment with another girl in town for Mother's day then maybe she will understand the need to VOICE her opinion :)

Wendi: DD won't have to attend the mock interviews. Her english teacher responded to my email and told me she is carrying a 100 in the class as of now and would waive her from attending it. She received a perfect score on her senior paper :)

Cathy: Enjoy your day

Gloria: I am able to run outside early--I'm a few blocks away from the high school--that has a track. And there is a trail surrounding the schools that has lights on it. Only problem are the dogs that are allowed to run free. I am a dog owner and don't gte me wrong-- I LOVE dogs but some owners need to get a clue :)

OK one more cup of coffee then I should start stretching for my run :)

I'll be back I'm sure

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

Here I sit with my java tryin' to wake up. No work this morning. I have to take DS for his final EEG now that he's off the seizure meds. I hope he sits nice for it. My mom went with me the last time and went in with him and she said he was very good. I hope he does the same for me cause she can't come with me this morning.

Today is supposed to be a rest day but I may do some cardio or some yoga this afternoon if I'm in the mood.

So DH just bought the new 40' LCD flat screen tv for the living room which he is going to pick up today or tmrw. Recently I've been busting his chops that I want a smaller flat screen for the room I work out in. I told him I'd want to hang it on the wall to free up some floor space. He never seemed all too receptive to the idea and I hadn't really pushed the issue...yet! Well y'day he apparently went and got my B'day gift and then tells me what he thought about getting me but changed his mind....THE FLAT SCREEN TV W/A DVD PLAYER IN IT that he was going to hang on the wall for me!!!! ARGH! He said he opted out of it cause it would have been a nightmare to set up. He would have had to re-route all of the wires from the computer and the tv now in order to make it work. I'm soooo bummed! :-( On the other hand, I do appreciate the fact that he thought about it. Now let's see what I'm actually getting! It wouldn't surprise me if that was a tactic to throw me off the track and he really DID get the TV but who knows. I didn't give him any ideas this year so it could be ANYTHING! I'm scared! LOL

Alright, enough self-centered babbling for me. I'll be back in a few with personals. :)

ETA: Sorry Cheetahs, out of time for personals. I got caught up posting on my other check-in. I'll be back after the doc though!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Super quick fly by as I'm a little late for work. I'll have time to catch up tonight, I promise!

So today's 5 mile run was good and bad. Good...nice fast pace, even with lead legs from y'day's workout. My left foot (with the orthotics and new shoes felt awesome!!! Bad...have *huge* blister (about 1.5" long) on right foot. UGGGH x(! Since that foot doesn't have any issues I'm going to try taking the custom inserts out of that one and just using the original one in the right shoe. Hopefully that will cure the problem. If not I'll have to go back to Mr. Pushy Sales Guy and redo the right one for the third time :(.

Have a great day ladies!

Good Morning Ladies!

Feels good to be back and back in routine. DD15 was so good. She fed Kimo and gave her the shots – even setting her alarm to get up early on her weekend to do so. She also collected all the trash and took the cans to the curb. The house was clean, the dishwasher run and the dishes put away. I’m so darned proud of her! DD19 was here (would never leave my 15yo home alone overnight), too, but she was working on a paper for school, so even she admitted DD15 did all the work. Jimmy is exhausted from his three days of play. :p Kimo is doing well, too. So we’re all recovered from DH and my mini vacation. Man did we have a good time. Yesterday we went to Rocky Point, the start of the race for a Mimosa. Then we meandered up the coast to Carmel and had a lunch of calamari and a salad (this place has the world’s best calamari!). We picked up gifts for the girls in Carmel, and made our way home. Very nice day. Today it’s my new Spinervals Sprinting Machine, followed by some kind of weight work – probably upperbody work by Steve Cotter.

Lorie – I actually did know that Eion’s fiancé (I thought there were married by now) was the Indian girl. She’s very pretty and looks as sweet as he is. Yeah, I’d most definitely be driven batty by him. :p

Wendy – How did shopping go? I have to do that tonight. :p I love the CC’s. CCPP is my favorite. The distance for my Big Sur race was 10.6 miles. Just a perfect challenge without being too much (especially as I didn’t train!). DH really enjoyed himself! (So did I!). The Jacuzzi was fabulous for the tired muscles. Oh I hope you get your flatscreen for your workout room!!

Gloria – Phew! Glad to hear the fire is out and that it didn’t blow the gas station! So, what’s on the agenda today? I’m not a big fan of rotations. I usually plan them out a week in advance and make many changes anyway. :p Enjoy your yoga this morning! (PS – I catch myself spelling Cathy’s name that way too! Habit I guess. :+)

Wendi – Sorry you had to get custom orthotics for your shoes! Boy your recipes sound incredible! Oh, please join us! It’s an ideal getaway long weekend! SO pretty. Hope today goes well for you! Sorry to hear about the blister on your right foot! Hopefully pulling out the insert will help.

Linda – Oh, DH and I would LOVE to retire to the Carmel area – even more so than Napa. The whole place is so incredible and so dog friendly. I would just have a blast. Good luck with your blood work!

Judy – Good job on your run yesterday! I’m with you on the caffeine and bloodwork. I miss my tea badly in the AM!

Jackie – I had a great weekend, but it’s nice to be home, too. Hope it’s not too cold. I think our weather is making it’s way across the country – we had really cold weather about a week back – and it came right after a HOT day. Love Spring… :p

Cathy – enjoy your run or whatever! Glad you enjoyed your nap on Saturday! Sounds like you have a nice rotation going on! I have to admit I enjoyed my 10 miler and have NO achilles pain, so that is nice, if a little shocking!

Kath – I have a snoring DH, too, so I know what you mean. Fortunately this time of the year we use a fan and that white noise seems to block out a lot of the snoring. Enjoy your run! Hope DD is feeling better soon!

Enjoy your days everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I could have sent you some sun...I know we need rain a lot but probably won't get it...I hope you can get in a rain free run later.

Kath...good job beating the rain! Glad the stretches are working for you...I realize as I age the stretching is so much more important before and after a run. My DH snores too and so I use earplugs. I have also had him wear the nose strips and that helps a lot.

Wendy...I hope DS does well at his final EEG. Ahh, sorry about not getting the flat screen in your workout room.

Wendi...Congrats on the levitation holds! I have never been able to do them, something about getting that part off the floor I think...:D...I know friends with custom orthodics, and they say that the orthodics are worth the money. very sad about your client with cancer. WOW! about your injury...or should I say OUCH!! I think I would have been screaming. You seem to have recovered well...which is quite an inspiration!! Why can't you just get rid of the jack@$$??? ..Sorry about the blister...

Jackie...a 2 hour massage would be awesome!! Good job with your 4DS workout.

Christine...thank you for your prayers...my friend has been so strong, and I know going back to see her Mom at this point will be tough. If I remember right the time I did Big Sur it was a bit overcast but the views are still amazing. I do hope to be more injury free next year and hope to run more races. Cool that you saw Paul Newman and his wife...Also great story about the 95 yr old that completed the 5K! Sounds like you and DH really had a nice mini vacation...I am envious..:)...Enjoy your Spinerval workout.

Gloria...I will try the hummus recipe when the Sabra hummus is gone. I change my workouts from time to time after I post here...:)...I don't follow anything specific right now, waiting on STS...Good job getting in some yoga.

Linda...When I took Zrytec, I took the Zyrtec-D in the AM and no it didn't slow me down at all. I take Allegra-D now and the regular Zyrtec in the afternoon if I have symptoms, but have not ever had any kind of sluggish feelings from either meds. I didn't know exercise could mess-up your blood work?

Sunny...Sorry about the disappointing workout. I felt the EXACT same about Tracey's advanced kickboxing workout and the weight section was a joke IMO...

You all are so sweet with your kind words to me about taking dinner to Betty...:)...honestly if you knew her, you would know how easy that task was...I had to reschedule my massage yesterday as my massage therapist had fallen the day before and has a concussion!! I didn't mind as I got a lot done here not having to go anywhere.

Today I plan on doing the leg curls & exts (I didn't so them yesterday) and a 3.5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Hi Friends-

I just did a relaxed 2 mile TM warm up and workout #11 of NROL4W. it all took about 65 minutes. I feel like every area was well worked.

>>>Anyone have any snack ideas? I'm getting tired of the apple slices and natural PB and or string cheese. Looking for low cal but good protein source. I welcome any ideas. <<<[font color=red] how about a lo-carb wrap like "Wrapitz" brand (90 calories/ 5g protein/ 9g carb) with 1 TBSP of fat free cream cheese (30 calories/ 5g protein) and some cinnamon on it. Add a piece of fruit or some berries or a V8 juice.[/font]

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Hi Cheetahs! No time for personals this morning... this to do list is getting out of controlx( But that's normal with a cross country move I'm afraid! Anway, I'll be heading out soon for a 5 mile hill run and later will get in some upperbody work with S&H.

Can answer a couple of questions from yesterday.

Wendy- We have several potential houses we are looking at on line and will be going to see them in May while we are living at Little Egg Harbor. I do plan on running the George Sheehan classic in June. I will be working by then so it depends on whether I can get it off.... should be able to though! For my inaugural race as an eastern cheetah I'm seriously considering the Spring into Summer5k in Middletown May17th... just down the road from you a bit!

Gloria- My move date is May 8th (when we actually hit the road).
Going to New Jersey first and living on the shore (my in laws place)
but we plan on purchasing a house with acreage in S. Pennsylvania soon. I'm currently in Az so this is quite a move!!!

Gotta run now ( litterally) Sorry for the flybypost....:(

ShellyC

Shelly: I am free on May 17th! If you are definately running that race, let me know! Hopefully I can join you!:7

Cathy: Joey peed on the potty this morning! He was only on for 10 mins and did ALOT! I am hoping it's a continuing trend. He got rewarded for it so hopefully he will want to do it again. :) Strange about your BF being AFRAID to have a boy. They are supposed to be easier but perhaps she has a preference for a girl. I did at first but ofcourse you love 'em no matter what and after hearing how much easier boys are, I'm kinda glad it turned out this way!;) LOL

Gloria: I have a tendency to fall in and out of yoga too. I'll be good about it for several weeks and then not do it for a month!:eek:

Kath: I read what you wrote about your DD getting a perfect score on her paper. That's fantastic! You must be so proud. Yikes about your DH's snoring! The couch sounds good to me!:7

Wendi: I hope you get your shoes figured out soon. The good thing is that the "real" running stores will work with you until you get it right. Good luck.

Christine: Glad your weekend away was such fun! Shopping was fine. I had to bring DS but he was good. Only part that stunk was by the time I came out of the store it was POURING/FLOODING rain outside. I got SOAKED just going to the car! Then when I got home and had to unload the groceries, I might as well have put on my bathing suit. Our sidewalks and street around our house flood. There is literally no way to get onto our property w/o stepping in a very large puddle some where so by the time I brought the last of the bags I had to take of my pants, sox and shoes as they were soaked!

Carole: DS did fine. YAY. Once I get ther results of this test, he should be done with the neurologist for good now. :) Glad you were able to get alot done y'day. Hopefully DH was bluffing and I still WILL get the flatscreen! A girl can hope right? ;)

Judy: Wow, you are just pluggin' along with NROL. How are you working your cardio with it? Running 3x per week on days you aren't doing the NROL work outs?

Looks like I'm caught up now...BBIAB!

Carole – We could use some more rain, couldn’t we? But this is the time of the year when rain gets iffy. Hopefully we’ll get another day or two of good downpour before the rainy season is over. Yesterday was overcast at Big Sur – kind of the typical weather there. We were really lucky with the warm temps and sunshine!

Judy – Good job – I love that feeling of being well worked!

Shelly – aka Packing Cheetah – good luck with the packing, hope you make a big dent in that To Do list!

Wendy – oh man, I HATE it when it rains like that just when I’m shopping. And it’s never a warm rain. By the time you finally get everything into the house you’re soaked, shivering and ready for a nice Irish Coffee or something. Hope the weather is better today!

I ended up doing the Spinervals Sprinting Machine – interesting workout. Very fast, very hard work for about 10 seconds, then a 50 second rest. And man did my HR get up there. I liked the over all workout, but he also does 3 sets of plyo squats for 30 seconds each – with 2 minutes rest between. That’s too much rest. 1 minute I could see, but 2, no. So I got a little impatient. It’s tough though. I followed it with AOS FirePower General Alarm – 20 minutes no rests. That was fun. Now I’m beat. :p Have fun all!

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Cathy - Love your little hearts by everyone's name. I did sleep better, thank you. Hope the rain stays away so you can get your run in. I'm ready for a week of sunshine too.

Gloria - Good job getting that yoga in.

Kath - Sorry you're having problems sleeping. Hope you enjoyed your run. Dogs running loose is one of the reasons I don't get outside too much. Even the park I run in sometimes, I'll see a dog or two. And, there's a leash law signed posted. x(

Wendy - Hope all went well with Joey today. Maybe DH will surprise you with that new tv. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Wendi - Glad to hear the new shoes and ortho worked fine. Bummer on the blister.

Christine - Glad you made it home safely. Good job by DD. You will need to reward her. Glad Kimo is doing so well. It's back to the old grindstone, huh? Good workout today.

Carole - How awful about your massage therapist falling! I hope she's ok. Glad you took advantage and got lots done. Enjoy your workout.

Judy - Nice workout! I've been stuck in a snack rut too. Usually, I'll have greek yogurt with protein powder and Bear Naked granola for a morning snack and a TLC bar with almonds in the afternoon.

Shelly - Totally understand with so much to do. Hope you had a good run.

I did iTread #1 20 minutes and kept going until I got 3 miles in. Did LIS shoulders, calves and core and some foam rolling. Hip has been a little achy the last couple of days.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jackie

hey ladies,

quickie post for me today.

i did arms from BBC followed by the TM cardio session! whew what a burn.

wendy- thanks for reminding me again what great workouts the BBC's are!!

judy- definitely going to get to NWOLW. however i decided to do another one of alwyn's programs called afterburn. as it is geared towards fatloss ( i still want to look another 3%) and then will get to nrolw to build my strength. glad you are enjoying:D

carole- i love tracey's kb sweatfest, however i do agree her weight workout is sadly a joke.

gotta go ladies. have a good night:D

Hello ladies,

This is a fly by post with no personals. I was at school late and want to make DH dinner because we have been eating leftovers so far this week. He is working hard at the new fly shop and forgets to eat sometimes. I am making grilled salmon and mexican black beans as a side dish. We have a half day tomorrow so hopefully I can catch up with personals, but I might see what I can do at the shop. Have a fabulous evening!

Hey there, Cheetahs!

Cathy – Your tweaked schedule looks great! Enjoy whichever workout you do decide to do!

Kath – Oh dear! Your poor mom! I think you getting her an appt. with another hairdresser is a good idea! Then when she sees how it “should” turn out, maybe she will tell her “old” hairdresser! Enjoy your run!

Wendy – How much do you want to bet that DH is really getting you the tv? ;>) Can’t wait to find out what you get! I hope Joey’s EEG turns out okay!
That is great about Joey using the potty!

Wendi – Great job on your 5 miler! Sorry about the blister, though! Ouch!

Christine – That is wonderful that your DD15 did such a responsible job of “caretaking” everything! That was great! Ooooo! The Mimosa on Rocky Point sounds great! (even though I have never been to Rocky Point….it sounds wonderful!) And so does Carmel and the calamari! Good job on your Sprinting Machine! LOL…I would get impatient with the 2 minutes rest, too! Also great on Fire Power!

Carol – Yes, intense exercise can indeed have an effect on your bloodwork. I have always worked out hard before my bloodwork, though. But this time….I didn’t. It can cause your ALT, AST to be higher. It can, of course, affect your electrolytes. The last time I had mine done, one of my liver enzymes were up…can’t remember if it was the ALT, or AST…..it wasn’t “high” ….it was just on the higher end of normal. So I wanted to see if it would be lower this time. The same with my Potassium. It wasn’t “high”, but was on the higher end….so I thought maybe I was dehydrated from running. Anyway….sorry to go on and on! Maybe I am just grasping at straws, but I thought I would experiment and see if it made a difference. Thanks for the info on the allergy meds! Maybe there is hope for me, yet! ;>)

Judy – That sounds like a good snack alternative!
Your Daughter’s races sound really cool! That would be tough to be out there that long without a potty break! I hear you on giving up the caffeine! After I got my blood drawn, I was back in the office downing my coffee! ;>)

Shelly – Enjoy your run and upper body work! Sorry you are so overwhelmed with the move! Hopefully, it will get better! We definitely understand how it would be hard to get in personals!!

Jackie – Great job on the iTread and 3 miles! (and 4DS weight work!) I am missing 4DS! I may finish the week out with that instead of continuing with GS’s!
That is good that your pullup bar is in your doorway!

Sunny – I preordered Tracey’s workouts, but so far I haven’t received them. Thanks for your info on it! I am hoping I like it, though! Did you like Glute Camp? I did like that one. I also loved Step Sweatfest and her other step ones. I am hoping to like these….but from all the reviews, I am getting nervous about it  Well shoot! I told Jackie I may finish out the week with 4DS….but then I get reminded about BBC! Hmmm…..which will it be??????

Night Cheetah’s!!

Linda

Evening ladies!

I actually had a very easy day at work so that allowed me to get quite a bit of errands done this afternoon...bonus!!! I love when that happens :D. It's also given me some extra time to do some cooking and to come chat, yay!

Cathy - I hope you're enjoying a run right now...it's absolutely gorgeous here, although a little windy. Had to lol as that horse is actually far worse on the ground than to ride...he's a horrible combo of stupidity, spoiled brat, and beligerence. Yeah, I think that about sums it up :p. You must be in a wonderful school district...I wish it were the same here :(. I'll be happy to post that "recipe" after I finish personals. The only problem is that I don't measure anything so I'll have to guess. It's all according to personal taste anyway :9.

Gloria - BBBBRRRRR!!!! It's going to be chilly here tonight (have to bring all my baby herbs in) but nothing like that, yikes! Great job with the yoga! Ooh, yummy dinner!

Kath - Oh, so sorry to hear that your DH has been keeping you up :(. Wow, your DD is a stellar student...good for her!!! I have a couple of snack ideas as I am the queen of snacks lol. My fave is some grapes (or strawberries, or whatever fruit you like) with FF Greek yogurt, and a couple of crushed up walnuts :9. The other one that I love is 2 hard boiled eggs (yolks removed) topped with homemade guacamole like deviled eggs...if you keep the amount of guacamole reasonable (around 1/4 cup) it comes in at 100 cals, 8g protein, 6 grams *good* fat.

Wendy - I have to agree that DH *might* be trying to throw off track with "no tv thing". I hope so anyway!!! I hope you enjoyed your rest day...you've certainly earned it! Yay for DS! Fingers crossed
that you get nothing but good news regarding his EEG. I'll play around with the other insole first and then go back if I have to...this is getting kind of old.

Christine - Killer workout today! Wow, you really did have quite the little getaway. I'm so happy for you...you and DH deserved every minute of it. WOW, NO achilles pain...wtg! *Blushing*, I can't take credit for most of what I cook...I *heart* my Cooking Light subscription. I just tweak everything a bit to suit me. Once I've got the idea/concept down I like to run with it a bit. Ahem, YOU were the one that gave me that awesome chicken tikka masala recipe. That's in my top five, girl!!! I absolutely LOVE that one!

Carole - Sorry you had to miss your massage...I hope your therapist feels better soon. Don't sell yourself short...it seems like so many people today couldn't be bothered to so much as lift a finger to help anyone but themselves. It's nice to know that there are still people out there care. The funny thing about that injury is that it really didn't hurt *that* much...I've certainly found myself in far more pain than that *shrugs*. I wish we could send that horse down the road. He was for sale, potential buyer LOVED him, wanted him, then owner decided "well, now that's he's going so well I want to keep him" *rolls eyes*...stupid, stupid, stupid!

Judy - Great workout! That is absolutely the best feeling, isn't it? I like your snack suggestion :9.

Shelly - Oh, I wish I could make your "inaugural" race here but I think we're probably showing that day. I would have loved to join you. Oh well, there will plenty more, I'm sure. I hope you're able to do some serious damage to that to do list today.

Jackie - Great workout today...sorry to hear about your achy hip. I hope that goes away soon. Glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep :).

Sunny - Uh oh, two Cheetahs pulling out BBC...I might end up caving after all lol! Great job!

Linda - Ooh, tough choice you have there between 4DS and BBC. I know which one I'm partial to ;) (love 4DS). Let us know what you decide on.

Okay, gotta go for now, the phone's ringing. TTFN.

Alrighty, since I used different amounts of everything from the original recipe I'll just post how *I* made it. Also, since I'm not a huge bread person I omitted the pita. This is super simple!

Cod Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce

1.75 lbs cod (I told ya it would be weird amounts...my fish guy got carried away when I asked for 1.5 lbs ;))...feel free to cut into 6 oz servings
Juice of 2 lemons
2-3 Tbsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1 lg (17.6 oz) container FF Greek yogurt
3/4 cup finely diced cucumber (I like mine chunky)
1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
1 lg garlic clove
Salt and pepper
Sliced tomato
Thinly sliced red onion
Mixed greens

Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper and set aside for 15-30 minutes.

In seperate bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.

Place fish on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray and broil for about 8 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.

Serve on bed of mixed greens, topped with red onion, tomato and tzatziki. Enjoy!

Hiya Cheetahs!!!

I should be heading to bed right now, but wanted to stop by quickly. Sorry for the MIA-ness. It's been a bit hectic here. Won't bore you with the details. I'm also making good progress with my certification studies. :)

For workouts: Monday - iTread #13/45, but added when Grace started the cool down to make 5.25 miles. Today - P90X -Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (should have been Monday's weight work, but had no time), Tracey's Core Blast (standing sections - 15 minutes). Didn't feel the burn like I have on her other core DVDs. :( Maybe ARX has ruined any other core workouts ;-) lol Then I got a little crazy and did PlyoX. I thought **I'll just do half**....well, I did the whole thing. Oh boy! Hope I won't be too sore for my new Cardio Coach encounter tomorrow! }( I did the donation thing for three workouts, but he forgot to send them to me. He threw in Choose Living Press Play!! Woo hoo!!! What a guy!!! :D

I have to get to bed, but I'll catch up w/personals tomorrow. Oh, I posted the TNT link on the Yahoo group. Not sure everyone checks over there though.

See ya tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.